The LinkinPrime and "Well Dunn" Wrestling Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that AJ moonsault to the floor being no-sold was...SD-riffic. This looks like a slightly better-looking version of SYM with worse collision detection. At least the individual limb damage stuff looks good. Otherwise, this game looks missable, and I cannot fathom this being THE thing that turns people onto TNA since it looks second-rate in every way so far to WWE's games. AJ no-selling a Spiral Tap from Shelley while AJ was on the X was just...wow.

oh good, no one else has posted this yet.

[quote name='lordsofpain.net']According to an article on Merinews.com, The Great Khali has plans to open up a wrestling school for children in Mumbai, India. Khali will soon be heading home to India for the first time in almost two years, and according to his brother, will be staying there for at least one month.[/quote]

the great khali. wrestling school. i never thought i'd read those two in the same sentence in that particular way.

[quote name='Shmitty']oh good, no one else has posted this yet.

the great khali. wrestling school. i never thought i'd read those two in the same sentence in that particular way.[/quote]

Maybe he can teach the children how to kill someone with a flapjack.

Since the discussion lately has been about bad commentary, I wonder just how much of a train wreck the calling of the ECW title match will be at Backlash. I'm guessing they'll keep it short because they won't have editing time to hide behind.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Maybe he can teach the children how to kill someone with a flapjack.

Since the discussion lately has been about bad commentary, I wonder just how much of a train wreck the calling of the ECW title match will be at Backlash. I'm guessing they'll keep it short because they won't have editing time to hide behind.[/quote]

ecw is already live, so i'd imagine it'll be just as bad as usual.

[quote name='Shmitty']ecw is already live, so i'd imagine it'll be just as bad as usual.[/quote]

apparently the first time he called ecw was when it was taped and he had gone back and overdubbed some of his work, but due to time restraints he didnt get to do everything he needed to fix... dear lord, this is gonna be bad

[quote name='cdubb1605']apparently the first time he called ecw was when it was taped and he had gone back and overdubbed some of his work, but due to time restraints he didnt get to do everything he needed to fix... dear lord, this is gonna be bad[/quote]

wait, that was the REVISED edition?!

i think people like him are the reason terms like "clusterfuck" were invented.

[quote name='Shmitty']i think people like him are the reason terms like "clusterfuck" were invented.[/quote]

Indeed.

The one reason they stuck him on ECW is to make sure he earns that $300,000 they're paying him.

Supposedly he was hired because he's good friends with a NBC executive.

[quote name='cdubb1605']apparently the first time he called ecw was when it was taped and he had gone back and overdubbed some of his work, but due to time restraints he didnt get to do everything he needed to fix... dear lord, this is gonna be bad[/QUOTE]

They could always come up with some lame reason to have Joey Styles come out for commentary at Backlash. At least that would keep Adamle to an minimum.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Maybe he can teach the children how to kill someone with a flapjack.[/QUOTE]

9630c3fccc31897c969b1c5lx7.gif

I know it's the exact same position as frame 1, but I really like how, after Khali drops the guy on his head (not saying he was at fault) gives a Jesus Christ pose.

[quote name='Sporadic']
9630c3fccc31897c969b1c5lx7.gif
[/quote]

The diagrams on this page were made for purely demonstrative purposes to show how the event happened and are not meant to portray any kind of wrestling techniques or humor. They are also not meant to be copied anywhere without prior permission of the webmaster of this website who may be contacted through the Fan Club page of the website

I'm assuming you got permission. If not, reported. ;)

Also, I can't believe that's a real site.

[quote name='Demolition Man']They could always come up with some lame reason to have Joey Styles come out for commentary at Backlash. At least that would keep Adamle to an minimum.[/quote]

itd be nice, but as JJSP stated he is vinces pet so he aint going anywhere

oh yeah. He does like watching sweaty guys wrestle in their speedos

wait a minute.

I like watching sweaty guys wrestle in speedos. Agh Im turning gay!!!!!!!

Matt, I think that's it. I've transcribed that match announcement and the knockouts battle royal one (which had a Speed Racer-ish scene with DW acting shocked like Pops Racer would any time Speed said he was racing). Beyond the two stupid stip matches announced tonight, Cornette's got ANOTHER ONE for next week. Goody.

Wow was that ending shitty. Between an really badly done ref bump, typical outside interferance, and Don West screaming like an madman..... typical TNA, right? Oh and now Cornette is now making this an three way...... gee did we NOT see that coming.

Ugh - Joe couldn't even beat Angle clean here. Sure, it's "just" a TV match, and got Steiner on the show, but for Joe's first defense, he should win clean, especially since this is his first TNA World title win. Otherwise, Impact was a mixed bag. The Storm/Roode-Sting/Booker match was enjoyable aside from a spot where Booker was thrown into a rope, then threw himself into the corner to set up a spot. Cage/Rhino-Guns was fine, although Cage and Rhino being an "established" team is dubious (something that was brought up on commentary). The whole "deuces wild" thing just seems like a needlessly confusing version of Battlebowl, a concept that bombed in WCW nearly two decades ago both as part of a show and as the focus of one, but did result in some fun little teams. I expect Booker and Roode to win this thing and be the wackiest tag partners since...Sting and Angle, I guess.

Joe-Angle VI (in under a year and a half, not counting the NO MERCY ALL STAR WAR on Impact where Angle pinned Joe) was really good, but hurt by the run-in finish, which hurt Joe, didn't do anything to protect Angle, who was already nearly-beaten in the match, and also hurt by the commercial breaks, which killed the pace of the match.

The knockouts thing sounds bizarre, although at least Cornette's trying to turn chicken salad out of chicken shit by acting like a raving lunatic throughout it and adding some comedy to the script. Very odd show, as it was both the best of TNA and the worst all wrapped up in a two hour broadcast.

Quotes for the "What are You Willing to Sacrifice?" edition of Impact -
(Morgan beats up Kip)Lauren - Stop, stop…
Ad Guy - TWO HOURS OF TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION BEGINS NOW!
Tenay - Last week, Sting and Booker T DISAGREED after the interference of Matt Morgan. Booker T exploded - it was totally out of character for him.
Booker - I got a few things I want to talk about - Sting, this past week there’s been a whole lot on my mind, so I wanna bring you out there so I can get some things off my chest. The first thing I wanna say is, Sting, you and I go a long way back - we’ve been in a lot of wars together. We even watched a company crumble before our very eyes, but you was always there for me, and last week, it got a little hot - I disrespected you. I never wished to do that in my life! So as a man, if you’re wrong about something, I’m sorry. Will you accept? (Roode comes out)
Storm - Hold up guys, now that’s touching stuff, me and Roode were sitting in the back listening to how you thought you were cool back in the ‘80s, you know what, you been there for him, he been there for him, right?
Booker - DAMN SKIPPY!
Storm - You just need to get married on national TV - Sting, your face paint looks perfect, and Booker, your weave has never looked better.
Roode - What my drunken cowboy friend is saying is that last week, you promised us a fight. I know I want to see you guys fight, the people watching want to see you fight, and I’m sure that each of these morons in the Impact Zone wanna see you two fight! So the fact of the matter is this - Sting, Booker T, whether you like it or not, you guys are gonna fight!
Cornette - HOLD THE TELEPHONE ONE SECOND, because the last time I checked, I HAD THE AUTHORITY TO SIGN MATCHES, not Sting, not Booker, and not you two - you looked dressed real nice - like the executives at a massage parlor. With all due respect gentlemen, I’m sick of everyone just thinking about themselves, with that in mind, because the world tag titles are vacant, I’ve come up with a little concept for Sacrifice. It’s called the deuces wild tournament - we’re gonna take over the next 2 weeks, 8 teams, 4 matches, the winners are gonna go to Sacrifice. The night of Sacrifice, we’re gonna take 8 singles wrestlers and we’re gonna put them together in 4 more tag teams - it’s gonna be a surprise and we’re gonna pick the partners at random. Sting and Booker, you might be partners, or you might be aopponents. The winner of the tournament at Sacrifice will be the champions. I’m sure we’ll have some written material for ya. You all want to see a fight, there’s gonna be one tonight! It’s gonna be Roode and Storm taking on Booker T and Sting!
(on the tag title situation)AJ - It’s a bunch of crap!
JB - JC has mixed everything up!
AJ - What?
JB - JC - Jim Cornette.
AJ - Oh.
JB - AJ, we’re bros. (Karen comes out)
Karen - JB, Kurt’s not gonna find out about this, right?
JB - Loose lips sink ships - I’m no snitch!
Tenay - You will recall that the deuces wild tournament came about due to a very weird situation when Kaz and Super Eric won the tag team titles.
DW - Because Eric’s split personality couldn’t come together, we have the deuces wild tournament!
DW - At Sacrifice, 4 established teams and 4 wild card teams will face off - the new tag champions will have to win THREE MATCHES AT SACRIFICE!
DW - I think you’d have to see that the experience advantage of some of the established teams could help them out!
DW - I like what Jim Cornette’s done here because when Sacrifice ends, we’ll have deserving tag team champions!
DW - Talk about established! 3D has been teaming for nearly 20 years!
Tenay - THE MONSTERS ARE IN CONTROL! (someone call KAOS)
DW - OBVIOUSLY THE MONSTERS ARE INTERESTED IN BECOMING TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS!
Tenay - TO THE BACK WITH LAUREN AND THE KNOCKOUTS IN THE MAKEUP ROOM!
Gail - What are these invitations for?
Hemme - I bet they’re for our concert - WE WILL, WE WILL ROCK YOU!
Velvet - ODB, don’t you have a house on wheels to get back to!?
(immediately after)Ad Guy - Tonight, KURT ANGLE AND SAMOA JOE IN A LOCKDOWN REMATCH!
JB - KURT, YOU’RE NOT GONNA BELIEVE THIS!
Kurt - JB, I know what you’re gonna ask…
JB - NO YOU DON’T!
Kurt - JB, I watched the Lockdown tape over and over again, I don’t lose to the same man twice!
JB - KURT, AJ HAS BROUGHT KAREN ANGLE HERE!
Kurt - WHAT?! WHERE ARE THEY!?
JB - I KNOW EXACTLY WHERE THEY ARE!
Ad Guy - TONIGHT, SAMOA JOE MAKES HIS FIRST DEFENSE! TONIGHT, KURT ANGLE GETS A SHOT AT JOE! TONIGHT!
Nash - Joe’s training never stops. Winning at Lockdown was easy, now he’s the champ and the work really begins.
Joe - Kurt’s always given his all, but you’re gonna learn you’re always gonna fall short. I’m gonna come right to you Steiner, at Sacrifice!
Ad Guy - TONIGHT, KURT ANGLE FACES SAMOA JOE FOR THE TNA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE!
EY - Kaz, remember when that rumor was going around that Britney was carrying your love child?
Kaz - Eric, it’s pretty hard for me to forgive you, but I can’t stay mad at you. Thanks to this deuces wild tournament, we have another show at the tag title - please don’t blow it. Get the Batsignal and tell Super Eric to stay away from the Impact Zone.
EY - Okay, I’ll call him on the Super Eric phone and tell him to stay away from the Impact Zone.
Tenay - Even though Christian and Rhino are considered an established team, they’ve been more focused on their singles careers for the past few years.
DW - The guns really know how to use each other as double weapons!
Tenay - Sabin and Shelley have been working as a tag team for a couple of years.
Tenay - This deuces wild tournament is the most unpredictable one we’ve ever had in TNA!
Cornette - I’ve got a very special match announced for Sacrifice, but now, I’ve gotta bring the very lovely TNA Knockoouts out to do it! Ladies, let’s conduct ourselves like…sports ladies. We’ve got a very special match for you at Sacrifice. I KNOW WHAT YOU KIDS LIKE. I’M HIP, I WATCH TV! You like makeovers, right? Well, we have what we call the TNA Knockout Makeover battle royal!
DW - TNA KNOCKOUT MAKEOVER BATTLE ROYAL - WHAT’S THAT ABOUT!?
Cornette - It’s gonna start out as an over the top battle royal, when it’s down to just 2 girls, a ladder comes into play - we’re gonna bring that ladder in, and two girls are gonna fight to climb the ladder and get a contract for a TNA Knockout championship match with Awesome Kong! But don’t think that we’ve forgot about the runner-up - the girl that didn’t climb to the top, the runner up is gonna get a little makeover. But I know what you young people like - especially you two bimbos.
Tenay - THAT WAS DIRECTED TOWARDS VELVET SKY AND ANGELINA LOVE!
Cornette - WE’RE GONNA GIVE YOU A BRITNEY SPEARS-STYLE MAKEOVER! THE GIRL WHO CAN’T QUITE CLIMB THAT LADDER IS GONNA GET HER HEAD SHAVED! PEELED LIKE AN ONION, SLICK LIKE AN EGG! Ladies, you’d better climb that stairway to heaven because otherwise, you’ll be in your own personal hell.
Tenay - TO THE BACK WITH LAUREN!
Lauren - Booker, you and Sting are in the deuces wild tournament - What are your thoughts?
Booker - MY THOUGHTS ARE TO WIN! 1996, ROAD WARRIORS, THAT MATCH WAS ALL ABOUT WINNING! ROODE, STORM, YOU’RE IN THE RING WITH 2 LIVING LEGENDS! IT’S GONNA GET UGLY, REAL UGLY DAWG!
Sting - Winning, I assume you mean whether we’re on the same team or opposing teams…
Booker - IT’S ABOUT WINNING, CAN YOU HANDLE THAT!?
Sting - I can handle it all rig…(Roode’s entrance video plays)
Tenay -This tournament has the wild card element of surprise! YOU MUST SACRIFICE IF YOU ARE TO BECOME TNA WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS!
DW - BOOKER T LOVES HAVING ROBERT ROODE IN THIS POSITION!
DW - HOW IRONIC, WE THOUGHT THAT THE PROBLEMS WOULD BE WITH STING AND BOOKER, BUT INSTEAD, THEY’RE WITH STORM AND ROODE!
(Kurt finds Karen and AJ)DW - UH OH, THIS ISN’T GONNA BE GOOD!
Kurt - Karen, as long as there’s a Me and Joe, there no you and I - after I win the title, we can sit down and talk. AJ, get your ass outta here and take her with you!
Cornette - I’ve come to the conclusion that the wrestlers here, men and women, are too pampered. Back in my day, we wrestled 7 days a week, 360 days a year, twice on Sunday! SOMEONE STOLE A QUART OF STRAWBERRIES FROM MY OFFICE, I’LL GET EVEN WITH ’EM! Next week, I’ve got plans for a SPECIAL MATCH AT SACRIFICE! IT’S A SADISTIC STRUCTURE OF STEEL! WE’RE GONNA SACRIFICING SOME BODIES, CAREERS, AND POSSIBLY A LIFE! I’LL GET EVEN WITH ‘EM, I’M THE PUPPET MASTER!
Lauren - You sound a little evil.
Cornette - I’m evil already. You’ll find out that I’m a good Christian business man who likes to make sure that the employees tow the line. (Joe-Angle is then hyped)
DW - I think I know what Nash meant when he said that the easy part was over for Joe - HIS CAREER’S NOT ON THE LINE ANYMORE!
DW - Angle is resorting to dirty tactics!
Tenay - YOU CAN SENSE THE CONCERN FOR JOE FROM THE ANNOUNCERS TO THE FANS!
Tenay - BOY, IT’S ALMOST LIKE NASH IS ONE OF US - A TNA FAN!
DW - JOE GETS IT UP IN TIME!
Tenay - Joe’s like a spider and he’s got Angle in his web!
Steiner - DON’T EVER DISRESPECT ME!
Tenay - ACCORDING TO SCOTT STEINER, IT’S ALL ABOUT RESPECT!
Steiner - I TOOK HIM OUT, JUST LIKE THAT - YOU SEE THAT!
Cornette - Steiner, you touch one man and I’ll fine you six months of pay! ALL I SAW HERE TONIGHT FROM YOU WAS THAT WE DIDN’T SETTLE ANYTHING, SO AT SACRIFICE, WE’RE GONNA SATTLE EVERYTHING! IT’LL BE JOE VERSUS KURT ANGLE VERSUS SCOTT STEINER - A 3-WAY! WE’RE GONNA LET IT ALL HANG OUT AND SOMEBODY WILL SACRIFICE!
Tenay - CAN YOU IMAGINE, AT SACRIFICE, WE’LL HAVE NEW TAG CHAMPS, A KNOCKOUTS WILL BE SHAVED BALD, AND THE WORLD TITLE SITUATION WILL BE CHANGED FOREVER!

Screens -

[quote name='Demolition Man']:rofl:

I think we need to do an poll here on what is worse:

A) TNA bad booking
B) Mike Adamle[/QUOTE]

Mike Adamle. I often lament TNA's bad booking, but their shows are still almost always enjoyable. Adamle makes me want to quit watching, and normally the only things that could make me want to quit watching wrestling would be Lost coming on, a free weed giveaway, an above average-hot female offering me sexual favors, or something of that nature.

[quote name='Demolition Man']:rofl:

I think we need to do an poll here on what is worse:

A) TNA bad booking
B) Mike Adamle[/quote]

wheres the all of the above option?

I need to give TNA another try. I tried watching it long before they moved up to two hours and it seemed interesting. I mostly just remember AJ Styles doing some crazy flipping powerbomb thing. But the thing that turned me off the most was it seemed like every match ended with 8 guys descending upon the ring and basically going nuts.

I want to give it another try, especially since Joe is champ now, but CAG Call of Duty Thursdays occur directly when TNA comes on.

It repeats Saturday nights at 11 but if you're not a fan cluster endings you might not be fond of a lot of the endings on TNA right now. Watch and decide for yourself, though.

right now? when every has impact! not ended in a clusterfuck? seriously, since the very first impaxt! on spike, that shit has ended the same way.

[quote name='PhrostByte']I thought that was common knowledge.[/quote]

Guy Smiley: "Okay, Vince. We sent home Big Vis because the doctors feel his heart is in danger and suggests he lose at least fifty pounds."
Vince: "Bigger?"
Guy Smiley: "Nope, smaller."
Vince: "I want him bigger!"
Guy Smiley: "B-but Vince, we sent him home to lose weight--"
Vince: "I want him bigger!"
Guy Smiley: "B-but that defeats--"
Vince: "Bigger!"
Guy Smiley: "B-but Vince--"
Vince: "Big!"
Guy Smiley: "B-but--"
Vince: "Ger!"
Guy Smiley: "Okay, Vince. We'll have him lose weight but try to make him bigger in the same stroke."
Vince: "Woo!"

^normal day at Titan Tower

[quote name='JaytheGamefan']Ugh - Joe couldn't even beat Angle clean here. Sure, it's "just" a TV match, and got Steiner on the show, but for Joe's first defense, he should win clean, especially since this is his first TNA World title win. Otherwise, Impact was a mixed bag. The Storm/Roode-Sting/Booker match was enjoyable aside from a spot where Booker was thrown into a rope, then threw himself into the corner to set up a spot. Cage/Rhino-Guns was fine, although Cage and Rhino being an "established" team is dubious (something that was brought up on commentary). The whole "deuces wild" thing just seems like a needlessly confusing version of Battlebowl, a concept that bombed in WCW nearly two decades ago both as part of a show and as the focus of one, but did result in some fun little teams. I expect Booker and Roode to win this thing and be the wackiest tag partners since...Sting and Angle, I guess.

Joe-Angle VI (in under a year and a half, not counting the NO MERCY ALL STAR WAR on Impact where Angle pinned Joe) was really good, but hurt by the run-in finish, which hurt Joe, didn't do anything to protect Angle, who was already nearly-beaten in the match, and also hurt by the commercial breaks, which killed the pace of the match.

The knockouts thing sounds bizarre, although at least Cornette's trying to turn chicken salad out of chicken shit by acting like a raving lunatic throughout it and adding some comedy to the script. Very odd show, as it was both the best of TNA and the worst all wrapped up in a two hour broadcast.

[/QUOTE]

Agree 100%. Like someone else said earlier it really does seem like they just pull names out of a hat for matches and finishes. At least most of the matches were enjoyable to watch tonight. Even though I don't like Joe very much I thought his match with Angle was actually pretty good up until the finish. Christian and Rhino against the Guns was pretty good also.

More on the Hayes incident from f4wonline.com -
We have been told by several sources that Smackdown writer and WWE executive Michael Hayes is on a 60-day suspension from WWE. There was an incident over WrestleMania weekend where he allegedly went up to black wrestler and said he was "more of a [n-word]" than this wrestler was. I believe this was at the Mania afterparty and Hayes was said to have been drinking heavily. Word got back to the McMahons and action was taken. This isn't the first time that issues have come up regarding Hayes using these terms, and in fact it was one of the reasons that Bobby Lashley decided to leave the company. We're told Hayes also made comments to Booker T and others as well. As noted before, a lot of older school wrestlers grew up throwing those terms around flippantly. I'm sure some of them were racists but many were not, and I've been around wrestlers who have used those terms around black wrestlers and they all laugh about it. Problem is, Hayes has pissed people off with it and it has led to major issues, so clearly this is a problem. He got off the hook several times, but apparently the feeling was that this is 2008 and it's a corporate environment, and that sort of thing cannot be tolerated. I can't verify this, but there is a feeling that the reason Lashley got such a sweet deal from WWE (he was released from a very long-term contract but will be one hundred percent free to work anywhere he wants, including TNA and UFC, come May) is that he had something on the company that they didn't want to get out, and this might be it. As part of his deal to get released, he was basically told he cannot say anything negative publicly about the company -- keep quiet in other words. I should also note that the official word from WWE is that Hayes is not suspended, he's simply taking a vacation.

"I'm sure some of them were racists but many were not, and I've been around wrestlers who have used those terms around black wrestlers and they all laugh about it."

Whoever wrote that summary of the Hayes situation doesn't have a particularly good grasp of racism.

[quote name='chasemurata']Poor Booker. He looks so embarrassed. Someone get him a cookie. :whistle2:([/quote]

No youtube at work. I bet it's the "Hulk Hogan, we comin' fo you, $$$$a!" clip.

[quote name='neocisco']No youtube at work. I bet it's the "Hulk Hogan, we comin' fo you, $$$$a!" clip.[/quote]

That it is, sir. :D

3 disc? Lame.

This should be the Ultimate Edition Ric Flair mixed with the Horseman DVDs and one more new disc with all of the latest stuff that's happened on it.

SD ruled tonight. I loved Punk-Edge a lot, and was pleasantly surprised to see Punk kick out of the Edgecution (although I wouldn't have minded that being the finish, as the spear rarely looks good, and the Edgehead interference is getting old). I was more impressed by this match than I was their first one, and it had quite a bit of drama going for it given that it was just a TV match before PPV. I enjoyed this match far more than Batista-Taker, which was good-ish, but I'm basically numb to 'Taker-Batista matches after they ran them into the ground in '07.

Tonight's was memorable due to the tombstone on the steps tease, the spinebuster actually connecting on the steps, HBK's run-in, and Charles Robinson's look of shock at the run-in. Otherwise, it was just a truncated 'Taker-Batista match that lacked much of a story aside from HBK not allowing Batista to win because he wanted to kick his teeth down his throat on PPV.

Natalya-Cherry was better than Cherry's match last week, although the sharpshooter needs some work. Morrison's commentary was simply glorious, and reminded me that I really need to check out the Dirt Sheet more often. The MVP-Matt segment was really good, but given that this feud has kind of been in the background of SD recently as opposed to being a major deal like it was in the summer, I can see them holding off the title switch until the May PPV, where Matt could not only end the reign of MVP, but end his reign after it hits a year (or really close to it), and give the writers more time to make Matt's title win seem more eventful.

Quotes -
Edge - Can ya smell it? Can ya feel it? There’s nothing like the feeling of the night of a big world title match, and we have one person we can thank for it. She’s my fiancee. She’s the love of my life! She’s the general manager of SD, Vickie Guerrero!
Vickie - Thank you, thank you.
Crowd - YOU SUCK! YOU SUCK!
Vickie - Baby, tonight, I am so excited to announce that the Batista-Undertaker match is now, are you ready, a no DQ match! HAHAHAHA!
Edge - She’s not only beautiful, she’s a genius! That means that the Undertaker and Batista can do whatever they want to each other to get a victory. It’s all so exciting! But it’s not half as exciting as this Sunday, because no matter who walks out as champion tonight, we will crown a new world champion - ME! We’ll also crown a new ECW Champion in Chavo Guerrero! It’s gonna be a great night for me and my familia! Hey, it’s CM Punk. That’s a tough break about the KOTR tournament, you almost had Regal beat, but he managed to pull it out. If he’s king of the ring, does that make you queen of the ring?
Chavo - More like the court jester.
Punk - You’ve got jokes, cute. I’ve got a briefcase - if you wanna call me something, call me money in the bank.
Cole - HAHAHA
Coach - That wasn’t funny, Michael.
Punk - I thought that winning the case was a better way to the top than sleeping with the boss, like SOMEBODY I KNOW!
Edge - I’m not even gonna dignify that with a response because you can’t understand the love I have for Vickie.
Punk - That’s not something I want to even imagine. I’m letting you and everyone else know that I have a title shot whenever I want. The fact is, you don’t know, and that really bugs you.
Edge - After I become champion, I suggest that you think long and hard before you cash it in on me!
Punk - I wasn’t think about you, I was thinking about Batista and the Undertaker. But since you brought it up, I think I could beat you too!
Edge - YOU BETTER WATCH YOUR MOUTH, PUNK! UNLESS YOU WANNA END UP IN THE RING WITH ME TONIGHT!
Punk - I couldn’t think of a better way to spend my Friday night - good idea!
Vickie - Congratulations, Punk, your fat mouth has led you to face Edge 1-on-1 tonight!
Edge - And Punk, after tonight, you’re gonna be bankrupt!
Coach - I like the puzzles and riddles in the WWE Kids Magazine.
Cole - I like the know your muscles part - I DIDN’T KNOW WE HAD THAT MANY!
Coach - Michael, you don’t have many.
Morrison - We argued because we’re passionate people. Coach, you’re married, I’m sure you argue with your wife.
Coach - Um, yeah… Are you saying Miz is your husband?
Morrison - Tuesday was Earth Day - I was far too concerned to deal with Jimmy Yang. Miz and I spent it planting trees. EXCUSE US FOR CARING ABOUT THE PLANET!
Morrison - Coach, you are no longer the least-informed commentator in WWE - that honor belongs to Mike Adamle.
Cole - I read an interesting article about Moore in WWE Magazine.
Morrison - The one with coloring books?
Cole - No, the regular one. It turns out he’s been wrestling since he was in high school!
Morrison - Miz is aerodynamic - just look at that haircut!
Morrison - Miz is owning Moore just like we own Hollywood Blvd. every week.
Coach - John, I loved the article on your abs and back in WWE Magazine.
Morrison - Coach, I’m glad you read the article, but it doesn’t look like you’ve been reading the article. That’s a tragedy.
Coach - It’s almost like an 8-pack, not a 6-pack.
Morrison - Most people don’t have abs like that. In fact, no one does.
Cole - Natalya reminds me of her father, Jim Neidhart.
Coach - Without the goatee.
Cole - But she’s got the laugh.
Coach - HAHAHA!
Cole - Matt, welcome back. We saw you return at WrestleMania after a 4 ½ month injury!
Crowd - HAR-DY! HAR-DY!
Cole - Matt, you and MVP have been at it since last summer, you have been tag champions, and at Backlash, you finally have a shot at the U.S. title. How’s the knee?
Matt - Michael, I’m 100%! I’m better now than I’ve ever been and I’ve waited almost 10 months for this - he did anything he could to avoid facing me. He went so far as to falsely befriending me! This Sunday, MVP’s gonna realize just how much of a threat I am, because I have waited… (MVP comes out)
MVP - Beat it man, this is between me and Matt! Why Matt? Why you gotta come out here and distort the facts!?
Matt - Now I’m the spin doctor! I tried so hard to be your partner.
MVP - It’s only because of me that I’m a 10-time tag champion.
Matt - The only reason we were champions is because you didn’t want to defend the U.S. title!
MVP - With you, I was genuine.
Matt - So you never tried to screw me?
MVP - No, Matt Hardy screwed Matt Hardy. It’s only due to me that your name is mentioned with any significance in the singles division.
Matt - No, because of you, I sat on the sidelines!
MVP - You’ve been jealous of my fame, fortune, and U.S. title! It’s just jealousy man. You’re jealous that I’ve accomplished more in a year and a half than you have in your entire 9 year WWE career.
Matt - You see jealousy in my eyes? Right MVP? You see something in my eyes isn’t jealousy, IT’S CONFIDENCE! And you know, MVP, before you turned your head, I saw something in your eyes - uncertainty. At Backlash, I’ll prove that I AM BETTER THAN YOU!
MVP - Matt, I was hoping we could move past this.
Matt - Not having it.
MVP - This Sunday at Backlash, you’ll have your opportunity to become U.S. champion! (he bonks Matt with the belt)
(after Coach says nothing for minutes)Cole - You know, I can just hear the WWE fans at home waiting, CLAMORING, for your analysis.
Coach - I don’t know why you’d say that. I get e-mails all the time saying how great I am.
Cole - Sure you do, Coach.
Cole - Earlier, Punk said that Edge was sleeping with the boss.
Coach - That isn’t true.
Cole - WHAT!? THEY’RE ENGAGED!
Coach - Maybe they’re waiting until they’re married.
Cole - What!? How’d you get your job? It certainly wasn’t for commentating.
Coach - Do I have to spell it out for you?
Cole - Let’s clarify things - what If Batista wins tonight?
Coach - He no longer faces HBK at Backlash, he would face Edge for the world heavyweight championship.
Coach - THIS COULD BE THE BIGGEST MATCH IN BATISTA’S CAREER!
Cole - THE HEART BREAK KID BREAKING BATISTA’S HEART WITH SWEET CHIN MUSIC!

[quote name='Sporadic']3 disc? Lame.

This should be the Ultimate Edition Ric Flair mixed with the Horseman DVDs and one more new disc with all of the latest stuff that's happened on it.[/QUOTE]

Wait. You want it to be a double-dip?

[quote name='mykevermin']Wait. You want it to be a double-dip?[/QUOTE]

Do you really think it's going to anything different than the Ultimate Ric Flair Collection with his final storyline shoehorned onto the third disc?

If they are going to be lazy, yeah, I wish they would go all the way and cover everything Flair with the new stuff just going on another disc like Mick Foley's re-release.

- edit Actually, this one may have less than the Ultimate Collection since Amazon has the new one listed as 540 minutes instead of 630 minutes.

I remember being fascinated by wrestling and Wrestlemania[1] in 5th grade .

I can't believe how many of you CAGs are still into it .

Glad to see the McMahons outlining what's acceptable conduct in the business.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RECcKR5xStQ&feature=related[/MEDIA]

Pssst, it must be okay because Cena is white.

And Cena still hasn't progressed beyond homosexual insults.

Two thoughts on Smackdown tonight.

1. Edge's spear is a terrible finisher.

2. The Taker-Batista no DQ match needed more foreign objects. The spinebuster was cool, but for a no DQ match they should have had more then 1 spot involving something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back