The LinkinPrime and "Well Dunn" Wrestling Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Richlough']I remember being fascinated by wrestling and Wrestlemania[1] in 5th grade .

I can't believe how many of you CAGs are still into it .[/quote]

You say that like it's a bad thing.

1 weapon was fine - it was just a TV match - there's no reason to break out more weapons in a TV match built up for one week.

I'm looking forward to the new Flair set - a Horeseman/Ultimate Flair Collection combo is fine as a re-release to COMPLIMENT this one, as it would allow more people to get the Ultimate set given its rarity on shelves now, but as the ONLY thing...no. Absolutely not.

Flair's had hundreds of great matches - WWE owns the vast majority of them, and with their acquisition of the WCCW tapes, they own more. I'd expect this set to have the Kerry Von Erich title win, and some great Flair promos used to build it up, along with some video packages on the HBK match, that whole match, and the tribute from Raw. I would be pleasantly surprised (but I'm not expecting this) if WWE tries to license some Mid-South or All Japan footage for this set.

[quote name='Sporadic']Do you really think it's going to anything different than the Ultimate Ric Flair Collection with his final storyline shoehorned onto the third disc?

- edit Actually, this one may have less than the Ultimate Collection since Amazon has the new one listed as 540 minutes instead of 630 minutes.[/QUOTE]

Which means it will probably be all new content rather than "the Ultimate Ric Flair Collection with his final storyline shoehorned onto the third disc."

Hey guys.. I know that posts are supposed to be on-topic but I just felt that you all should check this out. This is one of the only threads that I post in so I figured I should post here.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzgGUW__9Jo[/MEDIA]

[quote name='Foo228']Cole - THE HEART BREAK KID BREAKING BATISTA’S HEART WITH SWEET CHIN MUSIC!

lol :applause:
[/quote]

Adamle must be feeding him lines through the headset.

I am posting this because it includes some guys I know and trained with at New Midwest Wrestling- KC Jackson, Billy Morgan, and "Mississippi Madman" Don Jackson. The show was held in Springfield, Illinois, hometown of NMW and myself. Also, apparently Human Tornado got hurt against Billy.

Juggalo Championship Wrestling- 4/25/08- Club Chrome- Springfield, Illinois

*2 Tuff Tony pinned KC Jackson at 1:25 mins. - Squash match, KC didn't get any offense in as Tony suplexed him on the top rope, gullotine legdrop follows, he LIGHTS HIS HAND on FIRE and slugs KC for the pin.

--Tony calls out Tracy Smothers, Scott D'Amore comes out saying Tracy took out a restraining order against him and serves him papers, Tony slugs him in response say you just got served.

*Billy Bong (Josh Abercombie) & Weedman pinned The Basham Bros - Doug & Danny "Damaja" at 10:55 mins. -- Despite the IL indoor smoking ban, Billy & Weedman smoked pot in the ring and geez it sure smelled like pot. With all the cops around it's a wonder they didn't arrest them before the match started. I dunno who was the masked Weedman, didn't ask Josh. Somehow I recognized Josh from his trademark tattoos. I have no idea who Weedman is. The winners of this tag get booked as Bloodymania. The Bashams dominated the match for the most part, but Bong managed to pin Danny with a rollup that I thought was a two count. The Bashams teased doing a match against each other afterward shoving each other but hugged.

*Norsawa w/ Scott D'Amore beat Ego Fantastico by submission at 5:40 mins. - Robert Anthony dons the mask tonight, but Ego had difficulty keeping the match competitve with the Japanese hard-hitter and goes down to a leg jawbreaker, forward russian legsweep, hammerlock spike suplex, into the crippler crossface for the tapout.

*Human Tornado pinned Billy Morgan at 25 sec. - Well I dunno how he did it, but Tornado hopped the top rope and landed wrong...and blew out his knee legit. Uh oh. Morgan wants to start the match, the ref stops him but gets superkicked. Tornado makes it to his feet and wants Morgan in, Morgan comes in and Tornado hits a flip side suplex and pins him. Kinda wish they would had subbed someone in to make up for the freak injury.

--They go to a music intermission as there's some sort of sound system malfunction. Someone then comes in with what looks like marijuana plants and does a rap song.

--Raven comes to the ring wearing the JCW title with Jason Dukes. Only that Raven isn't the JCW champ. Raven rants on the mike until Corporal Robinson the real champ complete with new afro hairdo comes to take his belt back. Sabu is spotted to the side lurking around. Robinson slugs Raven, Dukes hits Robinson with a chair, then they proceed to shave his head. Sabu jumps in the ring for the save. Alas we didn't get to see any of these four men wrestle tonight.

*Tracy Smothers pinned Mississippi Madman at 11:35 mins. -- Well as expected with legend vs. newer talent matches, Tracy doesn't bump much, in fact he did his usual jawjacking with the crowd. Tracy's valet distracted for Tracy to axe him in the back, but Madman splashed him in the corner, the valet jumps up, Madman has both of them but the girl hits him with the plank, Tracy clotheslines him with it afterward with the ref being an complete moron and counts the pin. Barf.

*Bloody Bros. - Ian Bloody (Rotten) & Insane Lane pinned Zack Gowen & Conrad Kennedy - I don't wanna hear any whining about Ian not staying retired, he IS trying to retire. Was a competitive match, Zach used the ceiling beams to senton one of the Bloody Bros. but Conrad gets dumped and Insane Lane hits the RKO on Zack for the pin.

--And that was the show. Shaggy 2 Dope came out to do music with the Boondox and the wrestlers eventually came out to jam with the crowd to wrap it up.

Uh oh. An injured Tornado isn't good for PWG.

Any chance "Weedman" was "Spyder" Nate Webb? Webb tends to be Josh's usual tag partner. I'm pretty sure Webb's wrestled for JCW before - I didn't even know that federation was still around.

"PWG Sells Out"
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0017LZ24K/
Available 7/15 in stores everywhere
Available for preorder through Amazon right now!
- 3 discs spanning Pro Wrestling Guerrilla's reign as the west coast's premier independent wrestling federation. That's 540 minutes of PWG goodness covering everything from the early days of PWG to the present day!
- Features never-before-seen promos and music videos as well as the best of the best from the PWG vault.

$13.99 (Preorder Price Guaranteed!)

Guys, it's $14 for three discs of quality Pro Wrestling Guerrilla action. Buy this, and make me very happy.

The AWA '88 show on ESPN Classic this morning was glorious. It had G.I Joe clips, a Wahoo squash, Manny Fernandez's sickening forehead during his fun squash (which included a jobber botching a leapfrog then getting the shit beaten out of him for it), an excellent Richter (with Cindi Lauper theme)-Madusa women's title match with a powerbomb finish years before that became standard, a post-match man-on-woman attack years before that was done with any regularity, and it had the worst sound setup ever heard on national TV, as the show was full of echoes, mics going out, and music being too low to hear. Fortunately, Verne Gagne could still be heard talking about Madusa going to see a Prince concert. Lots of very good, or unintentionally hilarious stuff on this show.

Screens

Pat Tanaka looking pimp-ish

Manny Fernandez's fucked up forehead

Manny preparing to beat the shit out of a jobber

An example of the shoddy camera work...

...and the good camera work

[quote name='Matt Young']I am posting this because it includes some guys I know and trained with at New Midwest Wrestling- KC Jackson, Billy Morgan, and "Mississippi Madman" Don Jackson. The show was held in Springfield, Illinois, hometown of NMW and myself. Also, apparently Human Tornado got hurt against Billy.

Juggalo Championship Wrestling- 4/25/08- Club Chrome- Springfield, Illinois

*2 Tuff Tony pinned KC Jackson at 1:25 mins. - Squash match, KC didn't get any offense in as Tony suplexed him on the top rope, gullotine legdrop follows, he LIGHTS HIS HAND on FIRE and slugs KC for the pin.

--Tony calls out Tracy Smothers, Scott D'Amore comes out saying Tracy took out a restraining order against him and serves him papers, Tony slugs him in response say you just got served.

*Billy Bong (Josh Abercombie) & Weedman pinned The Basham Bros - Doug & Danny "Damaja" at 10:55 mins. -- Despite the IL indoor smoking ban, Billy & Weedman smoked pot in the ring and geez it sure smelled like pot. With all the cops around it's a wonder they didn't arrest them before the match started. I dunno who was the masked Weedman, didn't ask Josh. Somehow I recognized Josh from his trademark tattoos. I have no idea who Weedman is. The winners of this tag get booked as Bloodymania. The Bashams dominated the match for the most part, but Bong managed to pin Danny with a rollup that I thought was a two count. The Bashams teased doing a match against each other afterward shoving each other but hugged.

*Norsawa w/ Scott D'Amore beat Ego Fantastico by submission at 5:40 mins. - Robert Anthony dons the mask tonight, but Ego had difficulty keeping the match competitve with the Japanese hard-hitter and goes down to a leg jawbreaker, forward russian legsweep, hammerlock spike suplex, into the crippler crossface for the tapout.

*Human Tornado pinned Billy Morgan at 25 sec. - Well I dunno how he did it, but Tornado hopped the top rope and landed wrong...and blew out his knee legit. Uh oh. Morgan wants to start the match, the ref stops him but gets superkicked. Tornado makes it to his feet and wants Morgan in, Morgan comes in and Tornado hits a flip side suplex and pins him. Kinda wish they would had subbed someone in to make up for the freak injury.

--They go to a music intermission as there's some sort of sound system malfunction. Someone then comes in with what looks like marijuana plants and does a rap song.

--Raven comes to the ring wearing the JCW title with Jason Dukes. Only that Raven isn't the JCW champ. Raven rants on the mike until Corporal Robinson the real champ complete with new afro hairdo comes to take his belt back. Sabu is spotted to the side lurking around. Robinson slugs Raven, Dukes hits Robinson with a chair, then they proceed to shave his head. Sabu jumps in the ring for the save. Alas we didn't get to see any of these four men wrestle tonight.

*Tracy Smothers pinned Mississippi Madman at 11:35 mins. -- Well as expected with legend vs. newer talent matches, Tracy doesn't bump much, in fact he did his usual jawjacking with the crowd. Tracy's valet distracted for Tracy to axe him in the back, but Madman splashed him in the corner, the valet jumps up, Madman has both of them but the girl hits him with the plank, Tracy clotheslines him with it afterward with the ref being an complete moron and counts the pin. Barf.

*Bloody Bros. - Ian Bloody (Rotten) & Insane Lane pinned Zack Gowen & Conrad Kennedy - I don't wanna hear any whining about Ian not staying retired, he IS trying to retire. Was a competitive match, Zach used the ceiling beams to senton one of the Bloody Bros. but Conrad gets dumped and Insane Lane hits the RKO on Zack for the pin.

--And that was the show. Shaggy 2 Dope came out to do music with the Boondox and the wrestlers eventually came out to jam with the crowd to wrap it up.
[/quote]

Is that the Springfield where The Simpsons is based?

Yes, one of 16 or so, LOL.

2008JudgmentDay.jpg

One_Night_Stand_2008.jpg

[quote name='PhrostByte']Why is Triple H wearing a jumper??[/QUOTE]
If we see a Hell In The Cell match, it'd make sense.

[quote name='ZForce']Wow, Kane actually gets to be on a PPV poster, awesome :p[/QUOTE]

Kane has been on a couple of pretty cool PPV posters, actually...although that One Night Stand one is nothing special.

This was my favorite from Judgement Day last year:

2hok037.jpg

[quote name='PhrostByte']Why is Triple H wearing a jumper?

OH great.. another ONS. Can it be any worse than the last one?[/quote]

I was stoked to see it was gonna be local... then I goggled at the ticket prices and thought better of it.

Even better... tix have been on sale for a month or so, and the floor is still available.

FREE WRESTLING DVD!

I may have posted this before, but I've got a copy of UPW's "Shockwave" on DVD. It's mostly Wrestlecrap material, but there's a few amusing moments and a couple of decent matches. Amongst the highlights are several Spanky (Brian Kendrick) matches against Frankie Kazarian, a Roddy Piper promo, a few cringe-worthy Miz segments, Samoa Joe on commentary, and even a Luther Reigns promo and Mike Knox cameo!

I'll whip up a full match listing if anyone wants it, but it's free to any interested CAG's.

[quote name='Matt Young']I'm definitely interested.[/QUOTE]
Send me a PM with an address.

UPW Heavyweight Title: Tom Howard (c) vs. Keiji Sakoda
Two-Fall, Triple Threat Match, UPW Lightweight & International Junior Heavyweight Title: Brian "Spanky" Kendrick vs. "The Future" Frankie Kazarian vs. B-Boy
UPW Tag Team Titles: Ballard Brothers (c) with Looney Lane vs. The Urban Outlaws (Mike Knox and some guy) with Savvy
Smelly, Horshu (Luther Reigns) & Al Katrazz vs. Solo Snuka, Skulu & Keiji Sakoda
Michael Modest & Donovan Morgan vs. The Havana Pitbulls (Rocky Romero & Ricky Reyes)
Predator (Sylvester Terkay) vs. "Shooter" Tony Jones with Mike "The Miz" Mizanin

BONUS STUFF
Bonus Match: Brian "Spanky" Kendrick vs. "The Future" Frankie Kazarian
Bonus Zero-One Match from Japan: Brian "Spanky" Kendrick vs. Smelly
Exclusive Shoot Interview with Brian "Spanky" Kendrick

[quote name='KaneRobot']This was my favorite from Judgement Day last year[/quote]

heavenly god, that is one of the worst photoshopped on heads i've ever seen. even the pants look pasted on. hell, i'm not even sure the arms go to that body.

So that's 3 PPVs in 6 weeks? Sounds like we're going to be getting a lot of retread with no new storylines or feuds coming out of Backlash, or uninspired and forced feuds at best. Prove me wrong, double-double E.

[quote name='JJSP']Send me a PM with an address.

Two-Fall, Triple Threat Match, UPW Lightweight & International Junior Heavyweight Title: Brian "Spanky" Kendrick vs. "The Future" Frankie Kazarian vs. B-Boy
UPW Tag Team Titles: Ballard Brothers (c) with Looney Lane vs. The Urban Outlaws (Mike Knox and some guy) with Savvy
Smelly, Horshu (Luther Reigns) & Al Katrazz vs. Solo Snuka, Skulu & Keiji Sakoda
Michael Modest & Donovan Morgan vs. The Havana Pitbulls (Rocky Romero & Ricky Reyes)
Predator (Sylvester Terkay) vs. "Shooter" Tony Jones with Mike "The Miz" Mizanin

BONUS STUFF
Exclusive Shoot Interview with Brian "Spanky" Kendrick[/quote]

I liked UPW and APW. :whistle2:( And with a quick glance to the card, it doesn't seem too bad. In fact, with just a glance at the card, it looks pretty good.

Tony Jones, Michael Modest, and Donovan Morgan were good.

So I saw Ready to Rumble today and to be honest, I think it was stupid. But I liked it simply for the novelty.

However, I kinda had some huge problems with it. It's like Russo wrote the thing. I just don't see how WCW could've sponsored that movie. They are a wrestling company. I damned there covered my mouth in awe when Page and the main antagonist were talking about "the finish" at the beginning of the movie. And when Page and King wrestling they were telling eachother to do moves, etc. * There are plenty of other moments in the movie that really make you raise an eyebrow. An interesting part of the movie was how they saw that the King couldn't do a lot of moves without cooperation, and the last match was make up of stiffs and weapon blows, but I think there were some inconsistencies. I think they mocked their fanbase, and i find it funny how the two main good guys are seemingly oblivious to the WWF and ECW, and they really made it seem as if you had to be stupid to be big into WCW at that time. I suppose that is true.

But I also suppose that I'm being a big pussy about all of this. I mean, I don't know. It just seemed stupid for them to do that. WCW was almost dead and buried by that time, though.

* Yes I know that both are done in professional wrestling.

[quote name='JJSP']If we see a Hell In The Cell match, it'd make sense.[/quote]

Yeah that seems right. However, my first though was Punjabi Prison match. My next thought.. strangely enough.. wait Triple H isn't Punjab?

Does that make sense? Didn't think so. :oops:

[quote name='PhrostByte']Yeah that seems right. However, my first though was Punjabi Prison match. My next thought.. strangely enough.. wait Triple H isn't Punjab? [/quote]

It wouldn't be that anyway. Khali would associated with it and he's taking a break after Backlash(going back to his country and having knee surgery).

As for the Raw spoiler,
if that's true, I'd be happy if it's anyone but Cena. If it's JBL, I hope they do a spin on what Cena did after first winning the title(after WM 21), having JBL destroy the spinner version & go back to the traditional version.

I added tags to it.

Here's something from the wrestling observer that I find odd.

Jonathan Coachman may be getting replaced as the color commentator on Friday Night SmackDown. WWE officials contacted Mick Foley for an announcer role on the brand.

So maybe Coachman will replace Adamle on ECW?

I knew Coach was horrible on SD but I didn't think he'd be replaced this quickly. His work in the last couple of months was genuinely some of the worst wrestling announcing I've ever heard. You know you're bad when you make Michael Cole sound good by comparison. BTW, is anybody else holding on to the pipe dream that Joey Styles will get JR's chair when he retires instead of Cole? If they would just let him call a show like he knows how to do and not Vince-style he would bring a lot to Raw.

Foley confirmed.

WWE.com has learned Mick Foley will debut on color commentary for SmackDown tonight at Backlash. At the pay-per-view, the Hardcore Legend will call the World Heavyweight Championship Match between titleholder Undertaker and Edge, as well as the other SmackDown matches, alongside Michael Cole.

Foley first took the microphone at One Night Stand 2005 when he joined WWE.com's Joey Styles at the announcers' table. The three-time WWE Champion brings invaluable in-ring and out-of-the-squared circle experience to SmackDown's team.

Don't miss Foley's debut tonight on Backlash at 8/7 CT only on pay-per-view.

Coachman sucks but Foley isn't much better. Anybody remember the first One Night Stand?

I wish they would put Flair in that position. I better it would at least be interesting.

[quote name='Sporadic']Foley confirmed.

Coachman sucks but Foley isn't much better. Anybody remember the first One Night Stand?

I wish they would put Flair in that position. I better it would at least be interesting.[/quote]

The first one was amazing. The second one wasn't that bad... The third one sucked. :\ The fourth one might be the worst one yet.

[quote name='JJSP']Send me a PM with an address.

BONUS STUFF
Exclusive Shoot Interview with Brian "Spanky" Kendrick[/QUOTE]

Heh, I figured there would be more to it. I'll send the PM now. Thanks!

[quote name='PhrostByte']The first one was amazing. The second one wasn't that bad... The third one sucked. :\ The fourth one might be the worst one yet.[/quote]

The first One Night Stand was one of my favorite moments as a life-long pro-wrestling fan. Good god, it was just surreal.

Memories. :whistle2:(

[quote name='chasemurata']The first One Night Stand was one of my favorite moments as a life-long pro-wrestling fan. Good god, it was just surreal.

Memories. :whistle2:([/quote]

Yeah I agree. That show was great. That show... the Monday Night RAW where they announced that Shane had bought WCW, and TNA Unbreakable 05 might be my top 3 favorite shows.

I also really liked the second One Night Stand. It had top notch wrestling but just didn't have the same "feel" as the first one. The second one seemed like they were trying too hard to top the first one, which was clearly a futile goal to have in the first place...

[quote name='PhrostByte']The first one was amazing. The second one wasn't that bad... The third one sucked. :\ The fourth one might be the worst one yet.[/quote]

It would take a conscious, extraordinary effort to be worse than December I Wish I Couldn't Remember (AKA What a waste of $70, time and gas for me). I don't think the next will be worse than DTD since I'm sure all brands will be involved and not just Tuesday Night Heat.

[quote name='neocisco']It would take a conscious, extraordinary effort to be worse than December I Wish I Couldn't Remember (AKA What a waste of $70, time and gas for me). I don't think the next will be worse than DTD since I'm sure all brands will be involved and not just Tuesday Night Heat.[/quote]

Can't comment since I blocked it out of my memory.

I'll be heading to 1st Mariner Arena tonight for Backlash, wasn't planning on it but a friend can't make so I get his ticket.

Until about an hour ago, I had no idea what any of the matches were, I haven't paid any attention to WWE since Mania.

I'll be sure to give Khali at standing ovations for his craptacular performance.

There are no longer any 'separate brand' PPVs, so ONS =/= ECW's show.

The first was great, and the second better, IMO. The first one was a "reunion" show, a tribute to something long gone. The second was full of promise due to ECW coming back (remember when we were excited by that?), and it brought "ECW" into storylines. Sure, Kurt Angle and Randy Orton didn't feel like an "ECW" match, but don't tell me that the RVD/Cena stuff didn't make you mark out.

And how memorable was the crowd? "IF CENA WINS WE RIOT" indeed.

Really, smarks get under my skin, but I have to be honest, I love the Hammerstein crowd, from the first two ONS shows to their shitting all over Big Show/Batista from an ECW taping after that.

[quote name='mykevermin']There are no longer any 'separate brand' PPVs, so ONS =/= ECW's show.

The first was great, and the second better, IMO. The first one was a "reunion" show, a tribute to something long gone. The second was full of promise due to ECW coming back (remember when we were excited by that?), and it brought "ECW" into storylines. Sure, Kurt Angle and Randy Orton didn't feel like an "ECW" match, but don't tell me that the RVD/Cena stuff didn't make you mark out.

Really, smarks get under my skin, but I have to be honest, I love the Hammerstein crowd, from the first two ONS shows to their shitting all over Big Show/Batista from an ECW taping after that.[/quote]

Here's that Show/Batista match you just mentioned:

[MEDIA]http://youtube.com/watch?v=7M1txB_2Zdg[/MEDIA]

Gotta love that NYC crowd :lol:

[quote name='mykevermin']There are no longer any 'separate brand' PPVs, so ONS =/= ECW's show.

Really, smarks get under my skin, but I have to be honest, I love the Hammerstein crowd, from the first two ONS shows to their shitting all over Big Show/Batista from an ECW taping after that.[/quote]

I think that Cena/RVD match was the saving grace for the night, and only because RVD won. Without that, I'd say the 2nd ONS show would have been a huge letdown compared to the first...

I think we all marked out when RVD put that dumb spinner belt around his waste. :bouncy:

I liked the Foley/Edge/Lita vs. Dreamer/Funk/Beulah match. Plus, the Sabu vs. Rey match had the most terrifying DDT in history.

may have already been mentioned but mick foley is taking over as the SD announcer tonight at backlash. funny how adamle keeps his job but coachman isnt good enough to call smackdown.

Has anybody been able to find any streams for Backlash? I'm in a dorm room where I can't order PPV anyways, so I don't have the option to order it anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back