The Macho Man Randy Savage Wrestling Memorial Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Desmond Wolfe? Is that Nigel McGuiness? The fuck is he doing bald? Who is this fake ass Eve? Eric Young has a belt? awesome! I really need to go read some recap to catch up. fuckin Bobby Roode!

McGuinness cut his hair while he was still in ROH. Is McG/Wolfe actually back on the show? I'm still very curious what the mysterious reason was for his being gone for months on end. I've heard the theories but nothing definite. On the other hand, I love that it hasn't been revealed in this age where everything is leaked online.

Yes, Desmond Wolfie is Nigel McGuiness - and he has Hep C so he's not wrestling anymore. (This has been heavily rumored, so not sure how valid it is..but they gave him a commissioner role on the B show so there is something keeping him from wrestling)

Fake Eve is Miss Tessmacher/Brooke..something... - she was the non stripping stripper in WWECW that wasn't Kelly or Layla. Eric Young is retarded again and was carrying around the old TNA heavyweight belt, then stole the TV title after eliminating the champion in a battle royal.

[quote name='neocisco']McGuinness cut his hair while he was still in ROH. Is McG/Wolfe actually back on the show? I'm still very curious what the mysterious reason was for his being gone for months on end. I've heard the theories but nothing definite. On the other hand, I love that it hasn't been revealed in this age where everything is leaked online.[/QUOTE]

Nah, he's not on the show, they showed some thing about toys and mentioned him. when I saw the guy's face, I knew it was McGuinness right away.

Wolfe is the commissioner of Xplosion, and the rumor is that he has Hep C, but that sounds kind of ludicrous to me. I'm leaning more towards the concussion prone theory.

I hope that him being comish on Xplosion is testing grounds for putting him on Impact as a commentator, or something. (Even though I wish they'd bring Don West back.)

Thanks diddy. I hope the Hep C thing isn't true. I was a huge fan of Nigel in ROH.

The fuck is this? Ken Kennedy as surfer Sting? That's sorta kinda cool. GOt a feeling I'll be watching this next week.

[quote name='ShinSolidus']The fuck is this? Ken Kennedy as surfer Sting? That's sorta kinda cool. GOt a feeling I'll be watching this next week.[/QUOTE]

All we need now is some RoboCop and we're in business.

Given the bullshit ad campaign about WRESTLING mattering and such, this was a pretty bad show. Abyss-Kaz was a perfectly fine match, but Taz hammering home the point of the Abyss win was a bit much. Bischoff looked a thousand years old and despite doing only a few kicks, his offense didn't have any power behind it. Bret's offense at Summerslam looked worlds better and he's a stroke victim. Flair tried, just like he did with Lethal, to get Roode over as a top-level guy in one promo. God did he ever try, but it's not going to work because nothing in TNA does. Joe squashed Red to build up Crimson-Joe, which will probably be awful since Crimson is so green. Dude looks like a skinnier, dorkier version of Matt Morgan.

The opening brawl was just insane, and not in a good way - there was just way too much going on and they never stayed with anything for more than a second. The AJ-Dreamer deal was a mix of good and bad - I liked parts of what Dreamer did - saying that the fans wouldn't pay AJ's bills, that they'd turn on him, and such but they skipped over a lot of the story to get to that point already. They implied a lot of stuff, and then tonight just outright said HE'D BE FIRED IF IT WASN'T FOR THIS, then AJ forgave him, and then, instead of having that be the end of this week's deal, they just went on and on and done stuff and then they made a match for next week.

I liked the Jeff-Angle stuff, although I could have done without Angle just swearing because he could. Karen coming out with Kurt's lift was a great reveal. Velvet was funny during this. Terrible during her match though, well, actually, the match itself was terrible as a whole because it just went on for eons, as Winter would say. This thing just would not end ever. The earlier knockouts match was better because it was shorter and focused a lot on both Sarita and Tessmacher's asses. Not even Anarchia's commentary could drag that match down. Loved the Tessmacher stuff with EY backstage. He's great as a comedy goofball and is even better with a big Conan beard. Anderson as Sting was predictable, and the "new" look Impact Zone is really nothing except a color scheme change. So instead of looking like '01 Nitro, it looks like Thunder. Fantastic. This was even more apparent when they cut to the crowd during Sting's intro and showed a replica Big Gold. Which was pretty fitting - everything else is recreating the distant past? Why can't the crowd shots reflect that? That reminds me, the wacky cut-ins of fans yelling about why wrestling mattered were awful. They've got a thousand people in there - FIND SOMEONE WHO DOESN'T ACT LIKE A GOOFBALL ON THE SHOW. Or just interview a crew member and say they're a fan - no one would know, it would accomplish the same goal and they'd come off as a higher-end product.

Screens -

WOOO! IT'S THUNDER, FOLKS!

Quotes from the "BACK FROM THE DEAD" Impact -
Sting - He came after me with the martial arts and flying attacks.
Tenay - Welcome to the new-look IMPACT WRESTLING ZONE!
Taz - New bright-blue color.
Taz - He runs this place -the Hulkster.
Eric - Once a bully, always a bully. Do you like what we’ve done with the joint!? Mick took credit, BUT WE ALL KNOW HE DIDN’T DO ANYTHING. If he did, it would be THUMBTACKS MATTER - when did he wake up and think he was Frank Gotch!? Hogan is in NY having meetings with Foley and execs, and when he’s done with Foley in NY, he’ll REALLY be done with Foley in NY. Since they aren’t here, ERIC BISCHOFF, FLAIR, AND IMMORTAL ARE IN CHARGE. THIS IS OUR SHOW AND WE’RE GONNA TAKE CARE OF SOME BIDNESS TONIGHT! (X geeks come out)
Kendrick - YOU’RE ACCUSING WRESTLERS OF GETTING IN YOUR WAY ON A WRESTLING SHOW. COMING FROM A NON-WRESTLER - THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS TO ME AND WHAT I SEE IS A LEECH WHO HAS PARASITED HIS WAY THROUGH THIS BUSINESS SINCE I WAS A CHILD!
Bully - NOBODY LIKES ANY OF YA, THE X DIVISION SUCKS!
Kendrick - COME ON, FAT BOY. LET’S GET SPICY BABY!
Eric - I’m glad you came out because it’s your right do it, just like it’s my right to create history - I’m going to wipe out the X division once and for all! I’M SICK OF IT AND DONE WITH IT! And lemme tell ya - we’ll start out yer buddy Kaz, X division right - it’s not about weight limits? I LOVE THAT BECAUSE TONIGHT, THERE’S NO LIMITS, CUZ KAZ IS GONNA BE THERE WITH A MONSTER!
Kendrick - SO FAR SO GOOD!
Eric - I got one! How about mildly moderate Red here… OOOOOH. MIDLY MODERATE RED, GIVE THAT FINGER TO JOE! LET’S SEE WHAT YOU’VE GOT, TOUGH GUY! And Gen Me, I haven’t forgotten about you guys - you guys’ dream is gonna come true. You’ll face one of your idols - MATT HARDY, and he’s gonna teach you how to fly. But he won’t be flying solo cuz tonight, if you want something done right, do it yourself - I’M GONNA BREAK OUT THE GI AND I’M GONNA KICK ME SOME VANILLA MIDGET ASS!
Kendrick - What about me? GOT ANYTHING FOR ME! HOW ‘BOUT HIM! OR HIM!
Eric - I forgot you were standing there, I got something for you… (slaps him)
Flair - COME ON! YOU DON’T REALLY WANT MORE!?
Taz - Wrestling matters, all right.
Flair - ROODE, I NEED TO TALK TO YOU BOY. WHEN I CALL YOU OUT, GET YER ASS OUT! WHEN I CALL, YOU MARCH! GOD’S CALLING YOU! KISS MY ASS, FAT BOY!
Tenay - Get him a chair.
Taz - What, do I work for the chair company?
Anarchia - Hola Mr. Taz.
Taz - It wouldn’t be bad to have Miss Tessmacher in Mexican American - she might not be Mexican BUT SHE’S HOT AS HELL!
Taz - I don’t know if Earl Hebner speaks Spanish, although he might’ve been around when they invented the language.
Taz - I agree with Bischoff - why are the X division athletes getting in Bischoff’s grill!?
Tenay - THE X DIVISION HAS BEEN A CORNERSTONE OF THIS COMPANY FOR NINE YEARS!
Taz - Abyss is a super-heavyweight, and super-grotesque.
Tenay - THE X DIVISION MADE THIS A STANDOUT WRESTLING PROMOTION!
(after Abyss wins X belt)Taz - THE INTERNET IS BURNING UP NOW!
AJ - Dreamer, WE NEED TO TALK, SO GET OUT HERE!
Taz - Dreamer didn’t return my calls or texts.
AJ - So the doctor says I’ll be in this brace for 2 weeks cuz Tommy Dreamer gave me a piledriver through a table. Maybe that’s my fault - maybe I came back too early and I’m a stupid redneck who’s tired of sitting on the sidelines. I’M A PRO WRESTLIER, THAT’S WHAT I DO. WE KILLED OURSELVES, FOR WHAT!? TOMMY!? For what! I GOT A GLIMPSE OF THE BIGGER PICTURE. IT INVOLVES BULLY RAY, IMMORTAL, AND HULK HOGAN! I know now that if you weren’t at there beck and call and you didn’t do what they said, your contract would cease to exist, so I don’t hold you responsible for Sacrifice. Truth be told, had I been in your position, I’d have done the same thing. And on such a historical night, I know that wrestling matters to you, and you know that wrestling matters to me.
Dreamer - Are you saying I couldn’t beat you if you didn’t have a hurt neck already? ARE YOU SAYING YOU CAN WALK A MILE IN MY SHOES FOR ALL THAT I’VE DONE FOR THIS BUSINESS!? ARE YOU SAYING THAT YOU’RE BETTER THAN ME!? Ya see, AJ, I’ve built a wrestling company - I didn’t have my hand held through it. I’VE WRESTLED HURT! AND DIDN’T GET PAID TO DO IT! And you are right - wrestling matters so much to me. Wrestling matters so much to you, tonight is a night that will go down in infamy - because when I piledrove you the first time, I did it because I was forced to do it. And now, I do what I do because I want to do it! THESE PEOPLE WILL TURN ON YOU IN A HEARTBEAT! AND YOU’RE A PIECE OF CRAP JUST LIKE ALL OF THEM! REALLY!? I SOLD OUT! EVERYTHING I’VE DONE! HUH!? HOW QUICKLY YOU ALL FORGET WHAT I’VE DONE! COME ON, AJ, FIGHT FOR THESE PEOPLE WHO WILL TURN ON YOU! DO IT BECAUSE THEY’LL PAY YOUR BILLS, AJ!
Dreamer - YOU SONS OF BITCHES!
Fan - WRESTLING MATTERS CUZ IT’S A BIG PARTY AND THERE’S NOTHING LIKE IT!
Tenay - HOW CAN STING BE IN 2 PLACES AT ONCE!?
Kurt - DING DONG THE BITCH IS DEAD! After months and months, that big fat throbbing pain in my ass is gone. Now I have to give credit where it’s due - and I give it to Chyna. After 10 years in hiatus, she came out of retirement to do a favor for me. DID ANY OF YOU SEE THE MATCH!? Well, if you didn’t, basically, it was awesome… yeah. Chyna planted that bitch’s face in the mat and broke her frickin’ ankle! Now, Chyna, I know you’re not here - I wanna thank you. I’m indebted to you forever, honey. Jeff, after 6 months, I get what I want - you and me one on one no distractions! AT SLAMMIVERSARY! Now I just got off the phone with Mick, there’s gonna be a special stip cuz the winner becomes the number 1 contender to the world heavyweight championship. Jeff, READ MY LIPS - SOMEONE’S ASS IS GONNA BE TAPPIN THAT NIGHT, BITCH! IT’S REAL, IT’S DAMN REAL!
Jeff - Kurt, are you kidding me? YOU AND ME ONE LAST TIME!? Why don’t you ask Mick what you did to deserve one final match with me!? YOU CAN CRY FOUL ALL YA WANT, BUT THE FACT OF THE MATTER IS EVERY TIME I FACED YOU IN THIS RING, I DEFEATED. YOU CAN PUT ALL THE HEAT YOU WANT ON KAREN, BUT WE BOTH KNOW THAT’S BULLSHIT! Kurt, it was you and only you that allowed yourself to be distracted. IT WAS YOUR ADD, YOUR MENTAL INCOMPETENCE! NO, KURT, I KEPT MY EYE ON THE BALL AND STAYED FOCUSED. I NEVER ALLOWED ANY DISTRACTIONS. BECAUSE I WAS BETTER THAN YOU, KURT! KURT, I AM BETTER THAN YOU! YEAH, FOR THE LIFE OF ME I CAN’T UNDERSTAND THE OLYMPIC GOLD MEDALIST! SOMEONE WHO IS ADORED BY MILLIONS OF KIDS, FOR YOU TO COME OUT HERE AND MAKE EXCUSES IS BEYOND ME! But hold on, you wanna go one final time at Slammiversary? I’m up for that! And Kurt, in your heart of hearts, if you believe you’re better than me, you can grin all ya want - then you’ll have no problem agreeing to this stipulation. I HAVE TAKEN EVERYTHING, AND I MEAN EVERYTHING THAT MEANS ANYTHING TO YOU EXCEPT ONE THING. AND THAT ONE THING IS IN PITTSBURGH, IN YOUR OFFICE, AND THAT’S YOUR OLYMPIC GOLD MEDAL! Angle vs. Jarrett at Slammivesary Nine with the gold medal on the line!
Karen - Hey Kurt, guess what - Big Daddy won’t be alone at Slammivesary either. HAHAHAHA. Kurt, you know what - your plan may have knocked me down, but you will never take me out!
Jarrett - THIS IS A MOTHER OF FIVE!
Max - We’ve said some things, but for the better good of the X division - let’s set it all aside.
Eric - Hulkster, how’d it go? I KNEW IT! Put Hogan in a room with 2 network execs and Foley, and we know who comes out on top. Tonight, I’M KNOCKOUT OUT VANILLA MIDGETS!
Karen - JEFF, WHEEL ME OUT!
Taz - Max and Jeremy were influenced by the Hardy Boyz.
Tenay - Certainly not a cigarette…bad tag team to be influenced by.
Tenay - This is step 3 in Bischoff’s plan to eliminate the X division from Impact Wrestling.
Taz - Bischoff has good ring positioning. Let go of the tag rope for a while, but sometimes that happens.
Taz - Jackson James getting all over Mr. Bischoff - CAREFUL THERE MR. JAMES!
Tenay - DID YOU HEAR THAT?!
Taz - I didn’t heart it…
Tenay - NEXT WEEK, HULK HOGAN AND MICK FOLEY RETURN TO IMPACT WRESTLING!
Taz - Bischoff’s got that kung-fu grip.
Winter - Let’s go, Love…
Taz - We’ve seen Winter stick stuff into Angelina’s liquids for weeks.
Taz - I just want one pigeon to be let loose!
Tenay - Next week, Jeff Jarrett and Kurt Angle will compete - and they will pick each other’s opponent. Angle will face RVD.
Tenay - Also next week - AJ AND DANIELS!? AGAINST BULLY RAY AND TOMMY DREAMER!?
ODB - YOU WHORE! KISS MY ASS YOU DIRTY WHORE! I’M BACK AND I’M BRINGING BACK BAM!
Tessmacher - HOW IS THIS A PHOTOSHOOT!? YOU DON’T EVEN HAVE A CAMERA!
EY - Lemme show you some stuff OJ showed me in our studio apartment.
EY - IN OUR MATCH LAST WEEK, WE TOOK EACH OTHER TO THE LIMIT! AND NOW I’VE GOT BOTH BELTS!
Flair - ROODE, BOBBY ROODE, I TOLD YOU AN HOUR AGO TO MARCH! GET YOUR ASS DOWN HERE, SOLDIER! NOW! You ever been so mad at yourself that you can’t sleep at night because you’re so pissed off!? WELL THAT WOULD BE ME! I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO SLEEP SINCE I TAPPED OUT TO YOU IN CINCINATTI AND I WANNA KNOW WHAT MAKES YOU THINK YOU CAN JUMP ON THE NATURE BOY LIKE THAT AND LIVE IN THIS BUSINESS FOR ANY LENGTH OF TIME!?
Roode - With all due respect, when you came here, I was one of the guys you came to first. You taught me a lot - Lockdown and your shoulder, it was a war! AND YOU TAUGHT ME TO TAKE AN OPPORTUNITY. I HAVE ONE AND I TOOK IT AND YOU TAUGHT ME THAT. YOU KNOW IF THE SHOE WAS ON THE SAME FOOT, YOU’D HAVE DONE TO ME WHAT I DID TO YOU.
Flair - If it was on the other foot, I’D HAVE ENDED YOUR CAREER. MENTORING YOU HELPING YOU BECOME A MAN ARE DIFFERENT THINGS. GETTING YOU DRUNK AND LAID WAS WHAT I WAS DOING. IMPACT WRESTLING, WRESTLE HARD, PLAY HARDER. THAT’S WHAT WE’RE SELLING NOW!
Roode - What happened at Lockdown was business. BUT I’VE BEEN A MAN FOR A LONG TIME AND I’LL BE ONE LONG AFTER YOU’RE GONE. WE NEED TO MOVE FORWARD. You’ve hard your time…
Flair - THEY BEEN TELLING ME THAT FOR 25 YEARS YOU ASSHOLE! AND I’M NOT KEN ANDERSON CALLING YOU THAT - I’M RIC FLAIR. TWO DIFFERENT PLACES IN THE WORLD. I’M GLAD YOU DID IT. I got a saying, to be the man, you gotta beat the man - you beat the man BUT BEATING THE MAN AND STAYING THE MAN ARE SEPARATE THINGS! BREAK IT AGAIN!
Roode - IT’S OVER.
Flair - IT’S NOT OVER TILL I SAY SO, ASSHOLE!
Sting - HOW ‘BOUT IMPACT WRESTLING TONIGHT!?
Crowd - STING! STING! STING!
Sting - IT’S SO GOOD TO BE HERE, LEMME TELL YA. I love this place. I wanna acknowledge one great wrestler - I’m talking about the man that took me to the limit on Sunday - ROB VAN DAM. YEAH! That was for you, RVD. I’ll be the first to admit it - I got by with the skin of my teeth, and I haven’t lost my focus on Hogan and Bischoff and taking the power away from you and putting it right back where it belongs. And being the world champion or anyone who’s been the world champion, you make yourself the target by being the champion, because it wasn’t more than 60 seconds after I won that Ken Anderson was in my face!
Tenay - IT WAS MR. ANDERSON CHARADING STING.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the link, though I prefer to remember them from the late 80's/early 90's.

I'll be in Baltimore anyway on Saturday night, and the end of the world is at 6PM, so...yeah.

I like the new look. Scream WCW Thunder all you want, it looks simple and clean.

I'm glad that Abyss winning the title isn't as retarded as it originally sounded. At least it's part of a storyline and wasn't an out of the blue WTF type moment like Christian losing. Hopefully it pays off.

I also thought that even though it was a bit predictable, Anderson coming out like that to fuck with Sting was pretty cool.

Well, tonight is the Todd Pettengill Invitational here in Cleveland. Night 1 anyway. I haven't been to an indy show in ages and I'm not sure if I've ever been to one with anyone recognizable on the card so it should be interesting. Colt Cabana, Paul London, Sonjay Dutt, and some guys I saw in Chikara are all in the tournament.

I do like the revised entrance stage that now shows a video of every wrestler on the right side - helps given how generic some of the entrance themes are - though the super large face closeups are a bit weird on a few of them.

[quote name='powercreep']For a small 110lb lady, Ms. Tessmacher's ass is out of control. That is all.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the sexy secretary thing really works too. I can't even imagine how much nicer it'd be in decent heels to firm everything up a bit...

I'm damn curious to see how WWE handles all of this. By all rights, Savage is a name that deserves an entire tribute show, like when Hogan or Flair die. Hopefully this finally gets rid of all the bad blood and Savage gets the WWE recognition he truly deserves.

From a fan standpoint, this is devastating.

Sad loss. RIP Macho Man.

It really is kind of odd to learn he was only 58 though, and who knows where his relationship with WWE was headed since it appeared to be on the mend recently with his appearance in All Stars and the debut of his action figure.

History beckons the Macho Man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywQ2EnGWvAs

So sad that we'll never get a return for the Hall of Fame. That little video he did last year for the new action figures was such a cool moment after he hadn't been associated with WWE for so long.

One of the best ever, and easily one of the top 5 promo guys of all time.

For my money, this is the best back and forth promo ever (Flair-Savage postmatch):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlBcsC1v8wA

Truly heartbroken to hear about Macho Man's passing. Hell of a showman and one of the true greats.

He was on the mend with WWE and Hogan the last I heard. I really, really hope the WWE doesn't fuck this tribute opportunity up.

[quote name='masked lemon']This really fucking sucks. I hope they do a tribute show on Monday.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Regian']Truly heartbroken to hear about Macho Man's passing. Hell of a showman and one of the true greats.

He was on the mend with WWE and Hogan the last I heard. I really, really hope the WWE doesn't fuck this tribute opportunity up.[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about? WWE is entertainmentz. Why would they do a tribute show for a wrestler?

Realistically speaking, they will probably just do what they do for every wrestler that passes and show "In Memory Of..." at the start of the show, and that will be the end of it.

When wrestlers die, I always wonder hoe people like Hogan, Flair, Hall and Jake Roberts are still alive. Macho Man was bad ass, was always a fan of his heel or face.

You've gotta admit, Savage had the most entertaining hand movement of anyone.

Back then, it always seemed like they were having fun with the promos, not so much nowadays.

It's pretty infuriating that WWE.com still has no mention of this - even if they "haven't had time" (yeah, sure) to update their site, their Twitter doesn't say anything either.

That is fucking sad as hell. If WWE has any class left in them, he better get more than a little memorial screen at the beginning of Raw. Hopefully at least an on air mention by the announcers. RIP Macho Man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back