The Magically Hovering OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because I saw your post in the PSN store thread that you just got a press kit for something and it piqued my curiosity. So that pays the bills eh?

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Woot Woot, the stimulous bill just staretd showing up in my paycheck!

Twenty more bucks every two weeks. \\:D/[/quote]

How does this work? I want in! I'm sure Chika does too.

[quote name='lordwow']As long as you make less than like $100k/year, you're getting $10 more back each week in your paycheck automatically.[/quote]

Phew! I still qualify! Now to figure out how to get in on the mortgage stimulus BS... having a house worth 25k less than what I owe is a bit of a drag... :(

[quote name='corrosivefrost']what else was on sale from amazon for XBLA games?

galaga legions, pacman ce, doom... what was the last one?[/quote]
Undertow

[quote name='manthing']Thank god your not the web guy. Your link is borked.

Wierd. For a few minutes the site wasn't working.[/quote]
My internet's been refusing to load pages today for whatever reason.

There is an issue with the site in that the original person responsible for coding the entire site nearly fucked us over when we got the site back under our control, though we're in the process of getting it worked out and on to our own servers so we can easily improve and fix things when they break.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']How does this work? I want in! I'm sure Chika does too.[/quote]

It's automatic. I think they started March 15. Some places of employment even started before then...not mine however. :cry:

[quote name='corrosivefrost']How does this work? I want in! I'm sure Chika does too.[/QUOTE]

The first stimulous was a lump sum tax credit of $600 or I think $1000 for families that we got a check in the mail last year.

The new Stimulous is essentialy a one year tax credit in your paycheck so instead of getting $400-$500 in a check in the mail you'll get around $20 in your paycheck every two weeks.

The thinking is, if you get a $600 lump sum, you're not necessarily going to use it in a way that stimulates the economy. For example, you could use it to pay down credit card debt or just put it in savings (like i did) or spend the money outside the counrty on a vacation. Which is essentialy what happened in the last stimulous. Some people used it for stimulative effects like buying a new tv. But enough either sat on the money or used it in other ways that the stimulous was ineffective.

So by giving everyone an extra 500-$600 dollars, but breaking it in your weekly paycheck, you're supposed to be more likely to spend it on frivilous things. With that extra $20 you may go out for lunch, buy a dvd, get a cup of coffee, etc. The idea is, if everyone does this in aggregate over the course of a year, then the economy will be stimulated.

My bi-monthly paycheck mysteriously increased around $20 this month, which I can only assume is due to the passed stimulous package taking effect.

While it's nice, to be honest, from a stimulative effect it'll probably be as effective as the last stimulous, which emasn practically none at all. But at elast for the enxt year you'll be around $40 richer every month. The amount depends on how much you make.

[quote name='manthing']Ugh.

MS gave it for free, and I still paid too much for that POS.[/quote]
Yeah, doom at $3 is a steal though. I can't believe there are people debating on it in that thread.

Undertow was pretty much just bullshit since the AI wouldn't actually help out, so instead of a cool underwater, side-scrolling Battlefield game, it was Scuba Rambo.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Undertow was pretty much just bullshit since the AI wouldn't actually help out, so instead of a cool underwater, side-scrolling Battlefield game, it was Scuba Rambo.[/QUOTE]

I thought it worked well in the multiplayer.

I already bought Doom and Pacman CE. :[

Hopefully knowing when to capitalize words isn't a necessary skill, darthbudge. :]

Did you know that with all the bailout money they have given to banks and companies like AIG it's the equivalent of giving each and every family in the United States(legal of course) $80,000?

Some economists believe this type of bailout would have been awesome because let's be realists here. If you give out $80,000 to each person, where do you think it's going? The majority of the people are putting most if not all of that money straight back into the economy.

It's wishful thinking but imagine how nice would that be.

[quote name='cmart05']Did you know that with all the bailout money they have given to banks and companies like AIG it's the equivalent of giving each and every family in the United States(legal of course) $80,000?

Some economists believe this type of bailout would have been awesome because let's be realists here. If you give out $80,000 to each person, where do you think it's going? The majority of the people are putting most if not all of that money straight back into the economy.

It's wishful thinking but imagine how nice would that be.[/quote]

I heard that somewhere before, and i thought, "give me my money!" Then I thought about it and realized that this is money our government doesn't really have. They're essentially giving loans to these banks with their own negative dollars.

It sounds great when you say give everyone $80,000

It doesn't sound so great when you put it the way it is for the banks: Loaning everyone $80,000

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']I heard that somewhere before, and i thought, "give me my money!" Then I thought about it and realized that this is money our government doesn't really have. They're essentially giving loans to these banks with their own negative dollars.[/quote]

Yeah but the point of those loans was so that the banks in turn would loan out to people and it's almost impossible to get a loan now regardless of your credit history.

My uncle has been trying for the past 6 months to get a loan out for his restaurant to add-on to the place and he has had zero luck.

Giving out 80k to everyone would help banks because I'm sure there will be people putting that money into their savings accounts to collect interest. I think it'd be a win-win.

right now that "government loan" is just sitting at banks doing absolutely nothing where in turn if it was given directly into the people most of that money would be dumped right back into the economy.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']:rofl:

What happened to a Linkin free CAG?[/quote]

It isn't like he can't see that you deleted his post. That shit is going to block out your posts, not the posts that you delete.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Thank you TrakanRyback...no one is talking to you...GTFO.[/QUOTE]

How is Seth? I heard he was a tough boss. I hope he keeps riding you real hard.

P.S. I love it when you get all defensive after you get called on being an idiot.

[quote name='TheRock88']Should check out the season finale spoony, you'll be in for a treat.[/quote]

I'm only on episode 3 of season 1, so give me time :lol:

[quote name='cmart05']Yeah but the point of those loans was so that the banks in turn would loan out to people and it's almost impossible to get a loan now regardless of your credit history.

My uncle has been trying for the past 6 months to get a loan out for his restaurant to add-on to the place and he has had zero luck.

Giving out 80k to everyone would help banks because I'm sure there will be people putting that money into their savings accounts to collect interest. I think it'd be a win-win.

right now that "government loan" is just sitting at banks doing absolutely nothing where in turn if it was given directly into the people most of that money would be dumped right back into the economy.[/QUOTE]

See, the aboove highlights the problem with most peoples understanding of economics. Things that on the surface sound plausibly rational are in reality economic suicide.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']See, the aboove highlights the problem with most peoples understanding of economics. Things that on the surface sound plausibly rational are in reality economic suicide.[/quote]

This idea was brought up about by "expert economists."

[quote name='CaseyRyback']How is Seth? I heard he was a tough boss. I hope he keeps riding you real hard.

P.S. I love it when you get all defensive after you get called on being an idiot.[/quote]

Ah Ryback...you crack me up. I don't know how me telling you to get the fuck out was defensive. You always want to fight Trakan's battles...he's not a baby you know...let him speak for his own.

You're a funny guy...a hot headed dumbass, but funny...keep it up...you keep me entertained.

KKKasey has those ghetto moves but Linkin got his ass beat by his "boss" Seth so much that he must have learned a move or two himself. Everyone form a circle around them and start chanting!

On a side note I'm buying a car/ SUV right now. Looking at leaving here with a jeep compass but it depends on how much they will give on my trade in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back