The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya's Anime/Manga Topic

Great news from the latest newsletter for Shonen Jump! :D

naruto_hdr.jpg

There's a special Naruto Anime Marathon running on Cartoon Network's Toonami this Saturday to celebrate the launch of ToonamiJetstream.com
July 15, from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. Six recent episodes will air
back to back, followed by two premieres!
(Check local listings.)​

bleach_hdr.jpg

You know the Bleach anime
is coming to Cartoon Network,
due to air on Adult Swim.
Now you know when: block out​

September 9

for the premiere episode.​

[quote name='assassinX']Which group subs blood+ and can you link the PoT games? I wanna play as Kaido if hes a choice. Boomerang Snake.[/quote]

Shinsen subs and Bakakozou are the only 2 that come to mind. As for the games, you'll hafta find them yourself.:lol:;)

[quote name='Z-Saber']Holy crap, was that Hard Gay in the beginning of episode 12 of Haruhi?![/quote]

Yes, yes it was. :lol:

Well, hooray for random references to Japanese pop culture that I actually get. Guess I'm a regular otaku. *Stings finger under nose with one eye closed*

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=9176
Funimation CEO Gen Fukunaga is the most powerful person in the North American anime industry, according to ICv2. The pop culture retail news site interviewed "key players from all elements of the industry including the production companies, the distributors, and retailers" to reach its conclusion.

The full list:

Gen Fukunaga, President & CEO FUNimation Entertainment
John Ledford, CEO of ADV Films
3. Kim Manning, Programmer Adult Swim
4. Katsuhiko Tsurumoto, V.P. Business Development, Geneon
5. Anime Buyer, Best Buy
Hayao Miyazaki, Founder Studio Ghibli
7. Arthur Smith and Shin Ishikawa, GDH
John Easum, Executive Vice President Viz Media
Ken Iyadomi, CEO & President Bandai Entertainment
John Sirabella, CEO Media Blasters

"We asked our interview subjects to concentrate on the American side of the market," ICv2
writes, "and to look for those key figures who had influence not only over the actions of their own companies, but also over others not in their control."

There's supposedly a second part to the list, which includes the websites ANN and Anime on DVD, but there's no actual list typed on the article or in the linked thread.

I was a little surprised to see the anime buyer at BB. Otherwise, I'm not really surprised by the rest of the list.

[quote name='assassinX']Which group subs blood+ and can you link the PoT games? I wanna play as Kaido if hes a choice. Boomerang Snake.[/quote]go with shinsen, they're about 6 eps ahead of bakakozou and, IMO, doing a better job, and they've released 5 eps in this last week alone (granted, they were behind, but that just fucking rules).

and here's some more eye candy to hopefully get some more of you guys interested:

I

[quote name='Z-Saber']Well, hooray for random references to Japanese pop culture that I actually get. Guess I'm a regular otaku. *Stings finger under nose with one eye closed*[/QUOTE]
Razor Ramon HG rules.

フゥ~!!

Bleach 235 HQ out by M7
also: here's a link to some very impressive coloring of some images from bleach and a few from Naruto. They're definetely worth a look

[quote name='jaykrue']Hmm, the bleach manga's heating up. I wish they'd show more of Rukia's attacks. I'd really like to see her Bankai form.[/QUOTE]

you think she actually has one? I dunno, I guess its possible, just doesnt seem likely. I am just curious if our boy Strawberry is going to step up next issue, cause right now he looks like a lil bitch since everyone has taken out at least one Arrancar

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']you think she actually has one? I dunno, I guess its possible, just doesnt seem likely. I am just curious if our boy Strawberry is going to step up next issue, cause right now he looks like a lil bitch since everyone has taken out at least one Arrancar[/quote]

I figure she's like Baldy -
secretly has a Bankai & not showing it. I mean the trauma she got after seeing her captain die at that hands of that absorbing hollow (I forgot the name) as well as the whole SS arc had to have made her want to get stronger. Plus, maybe I'm remembering something wrong, but I recall Byakuya's family saying that, aside from being his sister-in-law, she had a special innate potential, which allowed her to move through the shinigami ranks so quick.

[quote name='jaykrue']I figure she's like Baldy -
secretly has a Bankai & not showing it. I mean the trauma she got after seeing her captain die at that hands of that absorbing hollow (I forgot the name) as well as the whole SS arc had to have made her want to get stronger. Plus, maybe I'm remembering something wrong, but I recall Byakuya's family saying that, aside from being his sister-in-law, she had a special innate potential, which allowed her to move through the shinigami ranks so quick.
[/QUOTE]

thats a good possibility, though I think her already killing one Arrancar and the fact that she already showed she was never a push over was enough for right now, having her pull out some crazy ice bankai just feels over the top especially after the Kid pulled off his wall of ice. I just need Ichigo to do something with his new power, cause i dont feel like Rukia getting hurt and the only thing that comes of it is the return of EMO Ichigo. Prob one of the Vaizards are going to save the day. Wanderweiss is prob going to fUck up tits though.

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']
thats a good possibility, though I think her already killing one Arrancar and the fact that she already showed she was never a push over was enough for right now, having her pull out some crazy ice bankai just feels over the top especially after the Kid pulled off his wall of ice. I just need Ichigo to do something with his new power, cause i dont feel like Rukia getting hurt and the only thing that comes of it is the return of EMO Ichigo. Prob one of the Vaizards are going to save the day. Wanderweiss is prob going to fUck up tits though.
[/quote]

That's true. But they better not touch Rangiku. Those are the pillows of my dreams.:drool:

[quote name='jaykrue']That's true. But they better not touch Rangiku. Those are the pillows of my dreams.:drool:[/QUOTE]

hahaha yeah Kon's fertile garden

[quote name='Ikohn4ever']hahaha yeah Kon's fertile garden[/quote]

I'd smack that doll so far in the future, his descendant konpaku creations would feel the hurt.:bomb::lol:

[quote name='jaykrue']I'd smack that doll so far in the future, his descendant konpaku creations would feel the hurt.:bomb::lol:[/QUOTE]

something like this u mean?

[quote name='jaykrue']Please do so, sir. :bow::bouncy:[/quote]

I get something together a little later. Gonna play some Xbox Live in a minute.

:shock::hot:Holy shit. I just saw the Saishu Heiki Kanojo (commonly known as Saikano) live action movie. I loved it... though it's just as depressing as the anime.:cry: The CGI effects were quite good. I like that it didn't focus on the action as much but rather made it a consequence of the storyline (like the anime). F*ckin' A. If I was a chimp, I'd give it 4 thumbs up.:bouncy:

In continuing the theme of wow does Bleach Heat the Soul 3 sound awesome, two semi-new characters were announced today. In addition to having Bankai each, it appears Ichigo and Byakuya will have a tranformation in each of their Bankai characters. Ichigo can break out his Hollow mask and have Hollow Ichigo take over (complete with insane laugh) and Byakuya can go full out Senkei with the thousands of swords that come to him as needed and the white wing special move. This game seriously looks awesome now.

http://www.jp.playstation.com/scej/title/bleach/heat3/

Click on characters and then either Bankai Ichigo or Byakuya and then click the little red circle to see a movie of each character.

[quote name='jaykrue']:shock::hot:Holy shit. I just saw the Saishu Heiki Kanojo (commonly known as Saikano) live action movie. I loved it... though it's just as depressing as the anime.:cry: The CGI effects were quite good. I like that it didn't focus on the action as much but rather made it a consequence of the storyline (like the anime). F*ckin' A. If I was a chimp, I'd give it 4 thumbs up.:bouncy:

[/quote]

Ive got it too, but i havent watched it, i dont speak any japanese, and i havent been able to find any english sub files yet >

[quote name='Z-Saber']"Firefox is not currently supported" for the lose.[/quote]
They don't support it yet, as they're just trying to get the site going. If you want to be a snob about it, don't visit. If you can swallow your pride, pull up IE and enjoy. It's up to you. I'll be enjoying it, so :booty: .

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']They don't support it yet, as they're just trying to get the site going. If you want to be a snob about it, don't visit. If you can swallow your pride, pull up IE and enjoy. It's up to you. I'll be enjoying it, so :booty: .[/QUOTE]Pulling up IE will just let them think it's acceptable to launch without firefox support in the future, though.

[quote name='jmcc']Pulling up IE will just let them think it's acceptable to launch without firefox support in the future, though.[/quote]
Then open it up in IE and click on the feedback section of the web page to tell them to get with the fucking program. Complaining here does no fucking good. If you don't even want to get your cursor close to that cursed blue e then go to whatever your e-mail client is and send your complaints to [email protected]. Take action instead of complaining to people that can't do shit to fix your problem.

[quote name='thespillcanvas']The PoT dub is garbage. It's actually worse than I expected, and that says alot.[/quote]
It's too early to judge based on one episode, though I will say Sakuno and her grandmother sounded awkward.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It's too early to judge based on one episode, though I will say Sakuno and her grandmother sounded awkward.[/quote]
Probably. It almost seemed like they just read the script right off the page and recorded it in one take, since they knew it was online.

[quote name='LiquidNight']
Haruhiantimotvation2.jpg

:rofl:[/quote]
Genius. :applause::lol:

Got a 1600x1200 wallpaper version?

[quote name='Bezerker']Ive got it too, but i havent watched it, i dont speak any japanese, and i havent been able to find any english sub files yet >

[quote name='jaykrue']Looks like these guys are gonna do it. You'll just hafta be patient. And the japanese I know is all derived from anime so I could make out basic phrases only but I thought it was enough to understand the context of the situations. It helps that I've seen the anime as well. :p[/quote]
I own the manga/anime. Saikano is one of my favorites for both catagories (though the anime was much better). The only japanese i know are some basic sayings, and minimal stuff i learned from Talkman. I would love to learn to speak/read japanese, but it all seems really complicated. Thanks for the link, ill check it out. I'm pretty good with patience, been waiting a year and a half for Manga Screener to put out the next chapter of "Another Monster". Their staff wont reply to whether the project is still being worked on or not (its listed as active...). I know theyre busy, but a year and a half seems a bit much for a chapter of a regular paperback novel.

I forgot to mention it earlier, but the action sequence in Utawarerumono 5 was amazingly awesome to watch. Hakuoro versus Benawi was cool, but Oboro and Kurou's fight was seriously amazing to watch. One of the coolest fights I've seen, and their follow up in 6 was awesome too.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']They don't support it yet, as they're just trying to get the site going. If you want to be a snob about it, don't visit. If you can swallow your pride, pull up IE and enjoy. It's up to you. I'll be enjoying it, so :booty: .[/quote]It's not about Firefox pride. IE ain't on my desktop and I'm too lazy to find it in the start menu.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']It's too early to judge based on one episode, though I will say Sakuno and her grandmother sounded awkward.[/quote]

Just saw the dub and while I can tolerate the grandma, whoever is voicing Sakuno should shrivel and die. She came off as this ditz instead of the shy girl Sakuno is portrayed as.:bomb:

[quote name='Z-Saber']It's not about Firefox pride. IE ain't on my desktop and I'm too lazy to find it in the start menu.[/quote]
Did you miss the solution that was posted above?

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Then open it up in IE and click on the feedback section of the web page to tell them to get with the fucking program. Complaining here does no fucking good. If you don't even want to get your cursor close to that cursed blue e then go to whatever your e-mail client is and send your complaints to [email protected]. Take action instead of complaining to people that can't do shit to fix your problem.[/QUOTE]When did I say it was my problem? I don't want to watch any of what they're showing.

[quote name='jmcc']When did I say it was my problem? I don't want to watch any of what they're showing.[/quote]
You quoted it and got preachy about it, so you must've had some problem with it.

One Piece 420. Shitload of stuff happens

Gear 2 is finally explained, Robin is free, and the 5 vice admirals arrive with the buster call.

FMA ch61 is finally out (the scanslaters had the nerve to go on with their real lives while we were waiting:hot:)

EDIT: I forgot to mention that the pass to DL FMA ch61 is rather tricky. If you can't figure it out, its
emo

btw, is anyone else following Ouran high School Host Club?
funny ass anime, its great fun to watch, makes me laugh aloud every episode.

[quote name='LiquidNight']FMA ch61 is finally out (the scanslaters had the nerve to go on with their real lives while we were waiting:hot:)

btw, is anyone else following Ouran high School Host Club?
funny ass anime, its great fun to watch, makes me laugh aloud every episode.[/quote]

Yep. Now that Suzumiya is done it is really the only thing I am following now.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']Yep. Now that Suzumiya is done it is really the only thing I am following now.[/quote]wow what now?
did Haruhi end on 14?

[quote name='LiquidNight']wow what now?
did Haruhi end on 14?[/quote]

Let me rephrase, now that Suzumiya is done for now. I haven't heard anything definitive on another season yet but from all accounts the show was wildly popular.

bread's done
Back