The myth of "Islamophobia" in America

It's amazing how quickly people can forget little things like the rights we all enjoy, in the face of something which scares them.

[quote name='Clak']It's amazing how quickly people can forget little things like the rights we all enjoy, in the face of something which scares them.[/QUOTE]

They are using their rights to be for something they believe in that benefits society.

[quote name='SgtMurder']They are using their rights to be for something they believe in that benefits society.[/QUOTE]

I believe that banning all religions would benefit society, but that doesn't make it right nor legal.

[quote name='berzirk']

In the wake of 9/11, Gallup polls found that one-third of New Yorkers supported the internment of Arab Americans and that even the majority of African Americans surveyed (71 percent) supported the racial profiling of Arabs. A 2006 Gallup poll showed that 39 percent of Americans believe all Muslims, even US citizens, should be forced to carry special identification cards.

[/QUOTE]

See, as soon as people get scared, we need to herd them up like cattle. I actually support the ID card system, I think EVERYONE should be carrying a national ID card though, not just a certain group.

[quote name='Clak']It's amazing how quickly people can forget little things like the rights we all enjoy, in the face of something which scares them.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure how the numbers break down in the US specifically, I would wager it's a higher percentage here, but worldwide, arabs make up 20% of the Muslim population. Those idiots that thought internment camps for Arabs was the way to go, would've been a little surprised when the other 80% of Muslims weren't so excited about it.

I think what Peter King really wants (other than more livestock for his insatiable sexual appetite-until proven inaccurate) is some sort of X-Men device which would mentally connect all Muslims, so he could one by one control their actions, and get them to invade Northern Ireland to finally defeat the British and prop up Sinn Fein who in his words are "...on equal moral ground with the British Government". #whencomicbookscometolife

[quote name='docvinh']See, as soon as people get scared, we need to herd them up like cattle. I actually support the ID card system, I think EVERYONE should be carrying a national ID card though, not just a certain group.[/QUOTE]

That is not a good idea...at all.

[quote name='SgtMurder']That is not a good idea...at all.[/QUOTE]

Only because it affects you, right? It's cool if it happens to other people. "Ends justifies the means?" The easiest way to protect everyone is if we're able to identify everyone.

[quote name='docvinh']Only because it affects you, right? It's cool if it happens to other people. "Ends justifies the means?" The easiest way to protect everyone is if we're able to identify everyone.[/QUOTE]

Uhmm...no because it would violate ones personal privacy and it's a sign of something ominous that the government is trying to further implement

[quote name='SgtMurder']Uhmm...no because it would violate ones personal privacy and it's a sign of something ominous that the government is trying to further implement[/QUOTE]

Like the internment camps for the Japanese. But you were fine with that. I repeat, "The ends justifies the means".

[quote name='docvinh']Like the internment camps for the Japanese. But you were fine with that. I repeat, "The ends justifies the means".[/QUOTE]

Be a good little banana and just ignore what I said, ok?

[quote name='SgtMurder'] WE didn't do anything that allowed those towers to be knocked out of the fucking sky, to have planes be plowed into the ground like shovels did we? [/QUOTE]

Iran-Contra and Afghanista circa 1979 say otherwise. We supplied arms, intelligence, and special forces expertise and now you're lost on a reason why half the world might have a grudge against us? Really? Didn't do ANYTHING?

[quote name='SgtMurder']What the fuck did I say that was racist?[/QUOTE]

You called him a banana. What primate eats bananas? You're dense, dude.

[quote name='depascal22']You called him a banana. What primate eats bananas? You're dense, dude.[/QUOTE]

SgtMurder is a triscuit. Please be less PC. Jesus Christ, maybe he just meant the guy is a banana-eater! *smirking.

[quote name='depascal22']You called him a banana. What primate eats bananas? You're dense, dude.[/QUOTE]
Maybe this the generation gap or something but where I'm from when you call someone a fruit (a literal fruit) it suppose to mean they're gay or something childish like that.

Jesus, fucking knee jerking Betty's around here.

Back to the topic:

I wonder which group will be scrutinized next? What happens if the next bomber is gay? Conservatives will literally explode with rage.

Back off topic, SgtMurder was silenced. Presumably for posts like this:

[quote name='SgtMurder']I'm glad Cheapy D and others are ok...

I'm just not gonna look forward to the month long bleeding heart commercials about how we need to give to Japan.[/QUOTE]

Damn. I've had a couple of rather benign recent posts deleted by mods apparently. Strange. Somebody kicked the hornet's nest in this thread, it would appear.

Can't say I'll miss him. We were having a pretty good conversation on the topic until he started chiming in. So who do we have left in the opposition party, Knoell?

Apparently they found a couple of pretty low life Muslims from the Minnesota area to try to defend King's witchhunt on the stand today.

[quote name='depascal22']Back to the topic:

I wonder which group will be scrutinized next? What happens if the next bomber is gay? Conservatives will literally explode with rage.[/QUOTE]

Last guy that shot a few people, myke assumed was christian. But that doesn't count right?

I knew he would get banned, or at the very least suspended soon enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='IRHari']Back off topic, SgtMurder was silenced. Presumably for posts like this:[/QUOTE]
Man the classiness in that post is over-fucking-whelming.

[quote name='SgtMurder']They are using their rights to be for something they believe in that benefits society.[/QUOTE]
Or they could act like rational human beings, but I wouldn't expect you to know anyhting about that.

It really has nothing to do with government. It's about the government doing something they agree or disagree with. If the government spends money they hate it, because they hate spending money. But if the government wants to act like some paranoid, xenophobic nutjob, that's fine because, well I think you get the picture.

It has nothing to do with government and everything about getting your way.

[quote name='Clak']It really has nothing to do with government. It's about the government doing something they agree or disagree with. If the government spends money they hate it, because they hate spending money.[/QUOTE]

Conservatives don't mind money government spent on wars or themselves, they have whole hosts of things they like money being spent on.

They get pissy when money is spent on people they don't like.

Well yeah, you're right there, but like I said at the end, it's all about getting your way. They don't mind spending it if it's on what they want, thus getting their way.

well as long as we are arguing usless party talk "democrats don't mind spending money on anything! don't have enough money? They can always get more!". Har Har Har democrats are dummies.

You know it's true you dishonest shit. Republicans no more hate government than democrats, they just don't like it when government does something which they don't agree with. All the rabble rabble about small government is bullshit. Shrink one part of government, grow another, it's all a fucking shell game.

I don't usually, but thanks for making me. I swear I lose a little more faith in the people of this country everyday.

[quote name='Clak']I don't usually, but thanks for making me. I swear I lose a little more faith in the people of this country everyday.[/QUOTE]

Like the people who think the Japanese earthquake is "payback" for Pearl Harbor?

[quote name='Clak']You know it's true you dishonest shit. Republicans no more hate government than democrats, they just don't like it when government does something which they don't agree with. All the rabble rabble about small government is bullshit. Shrink one part of government, grow another, it's all a fucking shell game.[/QUOTE]

And you know Democrats no more love government than themselves, they just don't like it when the government does something which they don't agree with. All the rabble rabble about them not spending into record deficits is bullshit. Grow one part of government, and grow another, it's all a fucking "we can't survive without this or that" game.

I mean if this is all you want to argue about, we can go back and forth all day making meaningless attacks on the party that least coincides with your views. Cause if they disagree with you on the purposes of government then they are evil evil people right?

This is why we belittle and make fun of you and other conservatives Knoell. It's because the only argument you can make to defend anyhting is "Well you guys do it too". Which usually misses the point entirely. All your post did was regurgitate the standard republifuck talking points. On the other hand, can you really say that republicans want cuts across the board rather than mostly cuts to things they don't like, like welfare programs?

[quote name='mykevermin']Like the people who think the Japanese earthquake is "payback" for Pearl Harbor?[/QUOTE]

I'm gonna go ahead and post this. Some douches on this forum won't believe it otherwise. I dunno if it meets the Breitbart standard but whatev brah:

Pearl_Harbor_Karma.png

[quote name='Clak']This is why we belittle and make fun of you and other conservatives Knoell. It's because the only argument you can make to defend anyhting is "Well you guys do it too". Which usually misses the point entirely. All your post did was regurgitate the standard republifuck talking points. On the other hand, can you really say that republicans want cuts across the board rather than mostly cuts to things they don't like, like welfare programs?[/QUOTE]

And this is why we belittle and make fun of you and other democrats. You seem to think that your regurgitating of democrat talking points are above partison talk because you actually believe them. While I think both parties talk out of their ass, it really doesn't help to broadly swear off half of congress as one person. There are a range of views within both parties on the real purpose of government.

My point was not to point out that both parties do crappy things, but to show you that you are shouting the same god damn talking points the other side is shouting about you. Pick an issue and discuss it, but noone wants to hear how "you hates the republifuck!!!!11111!!! because they are dumbsss!!!!11"

And he completely ignores the question at the end of the post. Good job Knoell, you completely missed my point again.

And for the record, my opinions are my own.

[quote name='Clak']And he completely ignores the question at the end of the post. Good job Knoell, you completely missed my point again.

And for the record, my opinions are my own.[/QUOTE]

Your question isnt worth answering. Why are democrats spending so much if they are concerned about our deficit? Har har har, I got them! They can't possibly care about the deficit if they are spending more. :roll::roll:

[quote name='Clak']And he completely ignores the question at the end of the post. Good job Knoell, you completely missed my point again.

And for the record, my opinions are my own.[/QUOTE]

He is literally incoherent. Hence the ignore list.

[quote name='Knoell']
My point was not to point out that both parties do crappy things, but to show you that you are shouting the same god damn talking points the other side is shouting about you. Pick an issue and discuss it, but noone wants to hear how "you hates the republifuck!!!!11111!!! because they are dumbsss!!!!11"[/QUOTE]

I know I'm going to regret this, but for once, I agree with Knoell. People who blindly follow one political group over another, then wear their atheism like a badge amuse me. It's the same kind of fanatical mentality that you claim to hate from organized religion.

I don't understand how rational, smart, people, can be registered as anything but Independent. If people that have a disdain for significant parts of both parties, just changed their political affiiliation away from the two big parties, that would finally send a message. Can you imagine if 60% of the country was registered Independent? Still pick and choose candidates based on the individual's credentials (I'm not saying blindly follow Independents) but perhaps this would be a message to our current elected officials that we want more centrist policies.

Ahh...things that will never happen in my life, no matter how much I wish they would. Like a romantic relationship with Mariah Carey circa 1995.

[quote name='Knoell']Your question isnt worth answering. Why are democrats spending so much if they are concerned about our deficit? Har har har, I got them! They can't possibly care about the deficit if they are spending more. :roll::roll:[/QUOTE]
Well no, they aren't nearly the deficit hawks that the 'cans are. I'm not even arguing that.

[quote name='berzirk']I know I'm going to regret this, but for once, I agree with Knoell. People who blindly follow one political group over another, then wear their atheism like a badge amuse me. It's the same kind of fanatical mentality that you claim to hate from organized religion.

I don't understand how rational, smart, people, can be registered as anything but Independent. If people that have a disdain for significant parts of both parties, just changed their political affiiliation away from the two big parties, that would finally send a message. Can you imagine if 60% of the country was registered Independent? Still pick and choose candidates based on the individual's credentials (I'm not saying blindly follow Independents) but perhaps this would be a message to our current elected officials that we want more centrist policies.

Ahh...things that will never happen in my life, no matter how much I wish they would. Like a romantic relationship with Mariah Carey circa 1995.[/QUOTE]If I thought he had a snowball's chance in hell of winning I'd vote for Nader.

[quote name='Clak']If I thought he had a snowball's chance in hell of winning I'd vote for Nader.[/QUOTE]

If Kucinich and Ron Paul had a love child, I'd vote for that offspring, but there's no way in hell I'd date it.

[quote name='Clak']If I thought he had a snowball's chance in hell of winning I'd vote for Nader.[/QUOTE]

Same here. It'll never happen so I vote Democrat just to keep Republicans out of office. I can't take the blatant hypocrisy on social issues. Find me a pro-choice, pro-legalization, pro-gay marriage Republican and he or she will have my vote.

At least you can find pro-life Dems. The Blue Dogs are blatantly conservative when it comes to social issues but it's much easier to paint all liberals with the same brush, right....

[quote name='berzirk']If Kucinich and Ron Paul had a love child, I'd vote for that offspring, but there's no way in hell I'd date it.[/QUOTE]
If this happened, you'd probably end up with the craziest aspects of both.:D

bread's done
Back