The New and Improved Brothers of Destruction Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night was especially disheartening because the one small, tiny, microscopic kernel of hope I held inside me was dashed. Creative has been abysmally bad, but my hope was it was because they were just hanging on until The Rock came back.

... apparently not. You have to wonder if a night like that gave Rock second thoughts at any point. I'm sure the money helps, but really, you're a guy that's held out this long to come back, and this is what they've surrounded you with? Your first match back since 2004, and there's almost zero real hype to it? As a wrestling fan, I should care about Rock getting back in the ring. WWE has made me feel like it's just a thing that's happening, no better or worse than normal. A catchphrase repeated again and again isn't going to get me excited, which applies both to Survivor Series and, as much as it pains me to say it, The Rock.

Way to go, Rock, you've managed to get the crowd to chant 'boots to asses'. Congratulations. Why does this make me want to pay to see you wrestle? Why does that little verbal lover's spat between you and Cena make me want to pay to see you wrestle? Why does completely burying your opponents for four weeks before the PPV make me want to see you wrestle? Just like SummerSlam, this is a case where WWE literally had to *work* to not get my money. Luckily, that seems to be the only area they're willing to put the effort.

This was a pointless rant. It's not new information. I just can't comprehend how badly WWE dropped the ball last night. You bring back two Attitude Era stars and THAT'S the show you write for them? This is a very important time for WWE, since this straddles the line. It's their opportunity to actually move forward as a business. They've got the newer, younger Cena fans watching. They've got the older Attitude Era fans tuning in. They could make a brilliant Reese's cup of the exact two groups they need to combine to really get back some of their heat. I want someone here to seriously tell me that someone who had watched WWF back in 1999 and tuned out after 2001 would've have watched that episode of Raw last night and decided new WWE was appointment television for them. You can't. No one could. I don't even know WHO that was written to appeal to.

And that, in a nutshell, is WWE's problem. When you write for the whims of an old, out-of-touch, ego-driven asshole... well, it's an audience of one.

The Cena "This Is Your Life" segment pretty much sums up the WWE right now. As in awkward to watch and you keep wondering why you are watching outside of habit of turning the TV to USA at 9 PM EST on Monday night.

They brought Foley in just for that? Wow. :p Anyways, JR dancing was probably the highlight of the show honestly. 3 hour Raw in which the best part was JR dancing......amazing. They keep making Natayla lose which is pissing me off as well. At least the game comes out next week and I'll have a ECW and WCW brand with better story lines

Ziggler's promo felt awkwardly cut off when his music hit...felt like someone in the back actually paid attention to the show for 2 seconds and said "Hey, you don't get to talk!"

Side note: They should seriously pair Hunico with JTG and re-form Cryme Tyme. Also, I HATE Awesome Truth's music. Also, weird seeing Morrison on tv without jobbing to someone.

Make Nash Vs. Santino for Survivior Series and I'll pay.

Rock is fucking huge right now. Couldn't believe how small Cena looked next to him.

God Cena comes off as such a pussy during all of this. Rock mocks him relentlessly and the best Cena can do is make a "via satellite" joke and then do his stupid "aw shucks, you got me" smile. I guess he's rising above hate.

The thing with giving Foley the Rock Bottom was the first bit of WWE-scripted "comedy" I've laughed at in I don't know how long.

Does Cena turn heel at Survivor Series? This Sunday may be a great opportunity because of the venue, the Rock, a traditional ppv, declining business amongst teens and needing to set up Wrestlemania.

osdeo4.jpg

The problem that I have with a Cena heel turn *right now* is that it's in a feud against The Rock. It makes a ton of sense, but the timing is shit simply because Rock isn't around every week.

I mean, let's realistically think about a Cena heel turn at SS. It's November. WrestleMania is in April. That's four months and however many PPVs. Is Rock going to be full-time until Mania? I get the impression he won't be. So, basically, we have a heel Cena running rampant for 4 months on a brand where the biggest face is only around a handful of times (Rock), the second biggest is 'injured' and feuding with Nash (HHH), and the third biggest face is involved in the title picture (Punk). Orton is huge, but is still technically a Smackdown guy.

That's my issue... if Cena turns, what in the fuck does he do for 4 months? His opponent isn't around and the big faces are busy or overdone (No, really, is anyone itching to see another Cena/Orton match?). This isn't me shitting on the idea, I'm honestly curious as to what he'd do.

From a business standpoint, it could reinvigorate the IWC fans, but will the Cena generation tune in every week if their hero turns heel and they have to wait four months for his comeuppance? Will they go 3-4 weeks between Rock appearances? Let's be honest, too... just because Cena turns, it's not like he won't still be the focal point of the show. I'd love to believe that WWE could build shows around Del Rio/Punk, but that's just not going to fucking happen.

Bottom line: While a Cena turn makes sense, it also makes no fucking sense. My gut tells me that WWE isn't ready to slaughter the sacred cow just yet. Someone has to sell t-shirts.

... on a related note, is there any word on how much Rock will actually be around? For a company that sets matches for no rhyme or reason, I'm damn curious how creative will keep Cena and Rock apart for 5 months. Unless, of course, Rock will be at SS and then not come back until March. It'd be nice to think they had a plan when they set the match a year ago, but I'm guessing none of us actually believe that.

12 months ago, Cena was going into Survivor Series as the referee for Wade Barrett vs Randy Orton. Remember when Wade Barrett mattered? Remember when Nexus mattered? Well, okay, Nexus was already neutered by this point, but SS2010 was the *perfect* opportunity for a Cena heel turn. It did not happen. Cena defied proved the odds, Barrett lost, and then we went on to the "I'm fired but I'm wearing my kneepads" Cena on every Raw for a month angle.

Joy of joys.

Let's not revisit Cena turning heel. Won't happen. Even if it did, and I still think it makes sense to do so - the iron was hot a year ago. Today? Not so much.

[quote name='mykevermin']12 months ago, Cena was going into Survivor Series as the referee for Wade Barrett vs Randy Orton. Remember when Wade Barrett mattered? Remember when Nexus mattered? Well, okay, Nexus was already neutered by this point, but SS2010 was the *perfect* opportunity for a Cena heel turn. It did not happen. Cena defied proved the odds, Barrett lost, and then we went on to the "I'm fired but I'm wearing my kneepads" Cena on every Raw for a month angle.[/QUOTE]

Former WWE writers claim that McMahon was on-board with a heel turn during the Cena/Nexus stuff, but scrapped the idea at the last second.

[quote name='JJSP']My nekkid Matt Hardy photo got killed despite having no actual nudity. :([/QUOTE]

It wasn't nuked for nudity, it was nuked for containing too much Matt Hardy.

So the naked Matt Hardy post that I missed caused all motion in the wrestling thread to stop? Bummer.

I finished the Bret Hart/Shawn Michaels interview portion (and the matches on the first disc). Bret is a mark for himself but I mean, he was great. I think he just doesn't have as much outside of wrestling so he keeps going back to thinking about the way things were. I mean, HBK retired and I get the sense that he gets called up to do things and actually has to think about it because his home situation is, by all accounts stable.

With Bret it's the opposite. He got divorced (and I think remarried), he didn't leave wrestling on his own terms, he had a fucking stroke right as he was trying to get back into shape and kind of shake himself out of whatever funk he'd been living in since 1997.

He's a mark for himself but I still feel badly for what he's been through. And I say that as someone who still believes that he should've done the job to Michaels at Survivor Series without complaint. His brother dies in possibly the most tragic big-time wrestling accident ever, tons of his friends died for a myriad of reasons (all young), he's not in great health for his age, etc. I just hope that even if he remains sort of a weird dick about some things, that all this stuff is actually helping him as a person.

EDIT - and now we're all posting. And yeah, Cody vs. Goldust could be awesome.

Roode's heel promo did nothing for me - too many repeated cliche phrases, and he doesn't really seem into this Generic Heel #203 gimmick. Storm, on the other hand, is into his prototypical redneck character and so his promos work and his character is more believable. AJ came off like a bit of a pussy for attacking Roode after he was distracted by Storm. Shouldn't the face avoid stooping to the same tactics as the heel? AJ's promo was nothing special, and then Sting cut every wacky face promo he ever cut to make AJ-Roode for the PPV an iron man match, which should be good. And then Roode went and grabbed Dixie, threw her into AJ, and knocked them down to beat up AJ on top of Dixie. Made for a funny visual, but seemed rushed. Storm, who is perfectly fine after nearly being beaten to death a week ago, met with Joe, who said that if he attacked Storm, he wouldn't have gotten back up...HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Sting pushed Roode, who then threatened to sue him and used his "tata for now" line against him. THAT ruled. Sting saying that Roode going after her is like attacking him seemed odd - sure, they're both in positions of authority, but he's a former multi-time world champ and she's a middle-aged housewife with no athletic skills beyond signing checks.

Devon faced Robbie in a match with too much going on. For some reason, this TV Title match with no feud needed interference from a half-dozen people, including Devon's kids, the Pope, and Rob Terry. Devon still hates Pope, who has now seemingly turned Devon's kids to his side. Or something. Sting met with Garrett who wanted another match with Gunner. Then Matt Morgan and Crimson had a wacky laughing meeting or something. They're friends now I think, and Sting is sad that there are no tag teams left, and Mexican America threatened to leave if they didn't face anyone, so he made them team up. Great, so now we've got Devon and Pope who might be a team, or were recently, and now Morgan and Crimson are a team while also acting as rivals. All the promo stuff was in one long ECW Pulp Fiction-style take, but with worse acting and writing, but better production values.

Then Sting had a wacky meeting with Flair and Bischoff, and Sting made Garrett-Gunner II and said that Garrett WOULD TAKE OUT IMMORTAL ONE BY ONE. Holy fuck. I both don't want to and can't wait to see that happen. Aries and Kash teamed up after Aries screwed him on the PPV. They faced Kendrick and Jesse, whose chest is beaten to hell and back thanks to Kash. Jesse started the match beating Kash's chest up with chops, which I liked. Then he hit a fast fameasser and a frog cross bodyblock. He was more impressive in the first minute of this match than at any other point in TNA. I loved Aries as a prick heel who constantly tagged Kash in, and it led to some great stuff from Kash, who's having one of the best runs of his career. Maybe the best given his age and how he hasn't lost a step. Aries left him, called him a dick, leading to Jesse pinning Kash. So I'm guessing this leads to Kash becoming a reluctant face out of respect for Jesse, who beat him fairly and took his worst beatings. Christy called Jesse "Jay-Z" after his win - that ruled. Karen had a meeting of the bitches and whores, who chastised Traci for dressing like a whore and then had champagne. Traci's whole body was covered up except for her cleavage and she looked attractive in this getup. Noticeable upgrade from usual.

Anderson was shown being disappointed in his video game performance in Madden. If he's upset there, the he should watch his matches. Then Storm cut a disgusting promo about assholes and shut his game off. Storm was incredibly unlikeable here. Big thumbs down to this. Dug the knockouts gauntlet dealie. Velvet faced Rosita first in a one-move match, then had a hilarious match with Brooke that saw Velvet sell a dropkick in the funniest way before pinning her with a thing called a bulldog. Velvet got beat by Angelina via schoolboy using the trunks, who then faced Mickie. Mickie won with a wacky kick, leading to Sarita coming out and doing an awesome snap dropkick and flip to her feet and then doing a goofy dance. THAT ruled. Mickie beat her with her big DDT that looked pretty awful. Tara came down and took her down before going into a pretty impressive submission exchanging sequence. Loved Tara walking on Mickie's ribs before doing the moonsault - nice heelish move. Mickie beat her with another terrible-looking DDT. Mickie beat Winter with the kick, leading to ODB being back for the first time in months after winning her contract. ODB was nice and dominant here before Mickie won from out of nowhere with the top rope Thesz press. Taz was ountstanding on commentary. Just hilarious. Rayne faced Mickie, who got attacked by ODB, and then got beat by Mickie with a cradle out of nowhere. I dug this - it was better than having one long bad knockouts match, and gave them all some time to showcase something. Bully insulted a fat chick, leading to Storm accusing him...for some reason that was never explained, Bully denied it, put over his PPV match, his feud with Abyss AND gave Storm information. Despite that, Storm still insulted him.

Garrett cut a boring promo with Jason Hervey somewhere. Hardy came out, and got shrieked at for nine hours by Karen, who cut his balls off at every turn in the promo, told him to shut up, so he did, and then she told some story about Hardy not being able to "deliver the goods", so I'm guessing they'll reveal that Jarrett is the father of Hardy's kid or something. Karen is great at her role of queen bitch, but she makes everyone else look bad, including her husband here. Crimson and Morgan faced Mex-Am for the titles. Was a match. Hernandez's avalanche corner splash is incredible. Morgan was awesome with his comebacks here. Finish was nice, with Crimson t-boning Anarchia into a carbon footprint. Crimson's probably better as a tag guy now, but this feels like a big step down for Morgan. He's already done the wacky partner wins the tag titles deal. I also question of wisdom of teaming Crimson with Morgan, which only shines a light on how of his miniature Crimson looks like. Storm cut a wacky promo saying that he'd reveal who attacked him...after Garrett faced Gunner. Okay.

According to his tron, his name is "Garett", how disappointing. There goes the G-A-DOUBLE-R-E-DOUBLE T joke. His entrance video logo either comes from his chest tattoo or a gas station shirt logo. Maybe he did that in high school and he can team with Jesse Sorensen. Garett is a skinny dude, but sells pretty well. The thing that bugs me beyond the obvious nepotism and how much of a push Garett's getting instead of a guy who...deserves it or could make use of it, is that they're donig the ref-turned-wrestler deal again, and worse than when it was done with Shane Sewell. Garrett, with the help of canned heat cheering him on, won with a DDT, and then they said Storm will reveal his attacker. Nice of him to wait patiently for a change after acting like an asshole to people to find the info out.

Storm came out and cut an AWESOME promo. He then asked AJ to come out here, which seemed a bit odd until he said that AJ benefited from the attack, which is logical. They argued before Kaz came out and separated them. AJ's new shirt has his tattoo on the side. Storm left before getting attacked by Angle, who was greeted with the boo machine. He revealed he attacked him...and then the show ended. That came out of nowhere, and the Garettt match was technically the main event on the show...wow. I liked the knockouts stuff, but a lot of what they did with Storm annoyed me. Roode's act just isn't working as a main event act - it's weaker than his old Robert Roode character, and that didn't even work as a mid-card act. At least the show built up what should be two really good matches for the PPV in the Roode-AJ iron man and Storm-Angle.

Screens -

Pope's Still Pimpin

Quotes -
Roode - In today’s society, doing the right thing gets you nowhere.
AJ - This isn’t about the title - IT’S ABOUT BOBBY ROODE BEING A FREAKING DOUCHEBAG!
Roode - Kiss my WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP ass!
Roode - IT’S EMBARRASSING FOR ME, YOUR WORLD CHAMPION to think that I was a part of a group. That I was a member of Fortune. Let’s face it - I was the stor of Fortune. I WAS ALWAYS THE LEADER OF FORTUNE. I was always the future of this company. And it’s my bad - I let those guys support their families off of my talent, but guys, you know there would come a time where I’d come out on my own and scrape you off my shoe LIKE THE PIECES OF CRAP THAT YOU ARE! Now I know you guys are in the back, guys it’s time to grow into men. It’s time to grow a set cuz BOBBY ROODE, YOUR WORLD CHAMPION is no longer gonna allow you to stand in my shadow any longer. (Storm comes out)
Storm - BOBBY ROODE, DOES IT LOOK LIKE I’M THE KINDA OF REDNECK TO STAND IN A JACKASS’S SHADOW? ESPECIALLY WHEN THE JACKASS IS A DUMBASS!
Roode - YOU’RE A REDNECK!
Storm - You better explain real quick why you jumped my ass, cuz after 3 seconds, I’m gonna drink my beer and kick your ass all over the arena! ONE! TWO! THREE!
Roode - Woah - WAIT! STOP HIM! Wait! No no no no no no no. James, hey listen, you really think that was me? IT WASN’T ME! When I beat you for this, it was a unanimous decision - clean-cut. I beat you before. Do you think I’d stoop so low as to stoop so low as to beat your ass again? THAT ENTIRE DAY BEFORE THE MATCH, I WAS IN THE LOCKER ROOM PREPARING - THERE’S A GROUP OF GUYS WHO CAN VOUCH FOR ME!
Storm - TONIGHT, I’M GONNA FIND THE SON OF A BITCH WHO ATTACKED ME. And you’re guilty by association, so I’ll kick your ass for the hell of it!
AJ - IS THIS WHAT IT’S COME DOWN TO? IS THIS IT? YOU TURNED YOUR BACK ON FOTURNE AND SCREW US IN THE PROCESS!? YOU’RE A PIECE OF TRASH! YA SCREW JAMES, THEN YA SCREW ME ON SUNDAY! YA SCREWED US, THAT’S WHAT YA DID! I THOUGHT GETTING MY HANDS ON YA AND BEATING THE PISS OUTTA YOU WOULD SATISFY ME, BUT IT DIDN’T! BOBBY, YOU CAN TAKE A HIT, BUT YOU CAN’T TAKE… THE PAIN IN YOUR EYES IS ME TAKING THAT TITLE AWAY FROM YA!
Roode - HOW!? WITH WHAT STROKE!? I BEAT YOU FAIR AND SQUARE, ONE TWO THREE! GO BACK TO THE TRAILER PARK AND START FROM THE BACK OF THE LINE. YOU EARN A SPOT! IF I WANTED TO AT TURNING POINT, I COULDA BEAT YOU ALL NIGHT LONG! (Sting comes out)
Sting - HEY!! WOOOOOO! Bobby, I already called his number - I don’t know if it’s the air, the water, or the fans but I’M FEELING EXTRA CRAZY TONIGHT. Bobby, you stabbed them in the back, you got double trouble. I’ll let James recover from his phantom attack, but AJ…you say you can beat him all night long? Let’s test the waters at Final Resolution in a 30-minute iron man match for the world title. Did I mention a tidbit? HE’S A FORMER GRAND SLAM CHAMPION! CAN YOU GO TOE TO TOE FOR 30 WITH AJ!? Time will tell, but for now, TATA!
Joe - Heya cowboy. Hey, it wasn’t Roode. Maybe a couple weeks ago, it was his with the bottle, but it wasn’t him last week. He was sitting in the locker room until bell time.
Storm - You hang out with him in the showers? That’s what you call the locker room?
Joe - Nah - I’m just giving credit where it’s do. If I had something to do with it, you wouldn’t have gotten up.
Sting - PUTTING YOUR HANDS ON DIXIE IS THE SAME AS PUTTING THEM ON ME, WE’RE NOT DOING THINGS YOUR WAY, BOBBY!
Roode - YOU PUT YOUR HANDS ON ME AGAIN, AND MY LAWYERS WILL SUE YOU FOR EVERYTHING YOU’VE GOT. Tata for now!
Sting - How’d you pull off what you did last week?
Garrett - I guess I’m not as green as people thought I was.
Flair - MY SPORTCOAT COST MORE THAN THIS ROOM! Don’t get too pushy there, big boy.
Sting - I gotta push. I rewrote your contract.
Bischoff - I’m a man of my word…Ric, I made the deal… He wrote my contract and it’s about as far as it’s gonna go CUZ I DIDN’T SAY A DAMN THING ABOUT SIGNING IT!
Sting - I know legally, I can’t remove you, I could drop you on the cement. I’ve got a better idea - I was talking to Garrett, and I’ve been back and forth to it, AND I’VE DECIDED YES, HE WANTS A REMATCH WITH GUNNER! HE’S GONNA GO THROUGH IMMORTAL ONE BY ONE. AND UNLIKE YOU, HE CAN WRESTLE!
Flair - YER WALKING ON THIN ICE BUDDY! Eric, we’re in Gunner’s corner - WOO! Sting’s out of his mind!
Taz - Kendrick looks like God’s Earth Child or something with those weird Obi Wan pants.
Aries - YOU WANNA BE A DICK? GO BE A DICK IN THERE!
Taz - That’s subtle.
Storm - Ken, since you’re an asshole, and ya stink, and fingers…
Anderson - ARE YOU SAYING I STINK!?
Storm - Not you, you saying that SINCE I’M AN ASSHOLE! You think that an asshole could do such a thing….if I’m gonna attack you, it’s not gonna be from behind. You’ll see it coming.
Taz - IT’S ODB! THEY’VE GOTTEN BIGGER! SHE’S OBSSESSED WITH THOSE THINGS!
Tenay - If you’re Madison Rayne, why not come down and get the pin?
Taz - I’m not Madison, so I don’t have that answer!
Bully - NO I WON’T GO OUT WITH YOU, YA FOUR-EYED FREAK WITH ORANGE HAIR!
Storm - WHY DON’T YOU STOP BULLYING GIRLS AND BULLY ME. ALL SIGNS POINT TO YOU!
Bully - You haven’t seen what’s going on here - I got my hands full with Abyss -A SEVEN FOOT TALL CRAZY MAN! I PUT YOU THROUGH SO MANY TABLES AND YOU NEVER GOT UP LIKE HIM. HE GOT UP ON THE PPV LIKE IT WAS NOTHING. I know who bloodied you up in the shower, and he’s here tonight.
Storm - I come back - I ain’t asking you no questions.
Bully - Why don’t you join Immortal? You, me, Steiner, who’s out of his mind at all times. WHO NEEDS HOGAN!?
Storm - The chances of me joining Immortal or as good as your chances to get laid.
Hardy - HELLO CREATURES! I gotta say it’s great to be back on Impact. You guys have always been there for me. Thank you so much. Going forward, I’ll always be here for you. With that said, it’s about time for me to set my sights on the world title. (Karen comes out)
Karen - SERIOUSLY JEFF!? SERIOUSLY!? WORLD TITLE!? JEFF HARDY, I WAS IN THE BACK AND I WATCHED YOU WALK OUT HERE AND ALL I COULD THINK WAS MY GOD SOMEONE WITH SOME BALLS NEEDS TO PUT YOU IN YOUR PLACE AND YA KNOW WHAT, I’VE GOT THE BIGGEST SET HERE! YEAH! YEAH! YOU THINK YOU’RE A MAN!? YOU THINK YOU’RE GONNA WALK IN HERE WITH YER PUPPY DOG EYES AND BEG FORGIVENESS!? I SCREWED UP I SCREWED UP!? LOOK AT ME WHEN I’M TALKING TO YOU! LET ME MAKE ONE THING PERFECTLY CLEAR - I’M NOT HERE TO FIGHT MY HUSBAND’S BATTLES. MY HUSBAND, UNLIKE YOU, CAN DO THAT ON HIS OWN. HE WEARS THE PANTS IN OUR FAMILY! Jeff, are…you think being a man is showing up at Turning Point and using your tactics that you used to win a match? IS IT!? YOU WANNA COME OUT HERE AND THANK EVERYONE AND BE A ROLE MODEL FOR KIDS!? YOU NEED TO STEP UP AND BE A MAN FIRST! BE A MAN! LIKE MY HUSBAND! THE ONE MAN IN THI SBUSINESS THAT HAD A BIG ENOUGH SET TO START A COMPANY AND GIVE PEOPLE LIKE YOU ANOTHER PLACE TO GO! DISRESPECTFUL WRESTLERS - THAT’S WHAT YOU ARE! Are you forgetting one other small detail? Beth and I were friends. OR SHOULD I SAY I PLAYED POLITICS AND ACTED LIKE SHE WAS MY FRIEND. ALL THESE YEARS, SHE’S BEEN SITTING AT HOME AND WANTING A FRIEND TO TELL EVERYTHING TO…And how you couldn’t quite…deliver the goods. How ya just couldn’t quite…complete the deal Jeff? YOU KNOW WHAT I’M TALKING ABOUT, JEFF!? AM I EMBARRASSING YOU JEFF!? YOU GETTING A LITTLE RED!? YOU’RE NOT A REAL MAN! HIT ME! DROP THE MIC AND HIT ME!SHOW EVERYONE WHAT A MAN YOU’RE NOT!
Hardy - She saying I didn’t beat her man fairly? I’M MORE THAN A MAN. I’M MORE THAN HUMAN! YOU AND YOUR HSUBAND ARE JUST TWO ANGRY BITCHES AND WE ARE THE CREATURES OF THE NIGHT!
Flair - STING GAVE GARRETT A REMATCH WITH YOU! WHAT A JOKE! In front of Eric BISCHOFF and Ric Flair, YOU DESTROY THIS KID! DON’T WORRY ABOUT HIM BEING FAMILY, HIS AGE, OR SUCCESS, WHICH HE HAS NONE, HURT HIM TONIGHT!
Taz - I don’t think there’s a hatred between Morgan and Crimson - it’s just competitive.
Storm - You guys are the paparazzi of pro wrestling. I KNOW WHO JUMPED JAMES STORM, AND AFTER THIS MATCH, I’M GONNA OUT HIM OUT!
Tenay - ALL OF US WERE SHOCKED BY GARRETT BISCHOFF’S WRESTLING ABLITY LAST WEEK!
Taz - This MISTER INTENSITY my man is no joke.
Taz - Can you imagine having Eric Bischoff as a father? I know you hated him back in the day…
Tenay - WHY ARE YOU PUTTING WORDS IN MY MOUTH!?
Taz - Geez, yer cranky tonight.
Storm - It seems that no matter where I go or what I accomplish - whether I go to Japan, Mexico, the UK, OR BACK HERE IN THE GOOD OLD USA, it seems like cuz I talk with a twang in my slang, and wear cowboy boots and these tight-fitting jeans here that I should be passed over for somebody who’s more “correct”. THIS IS PRO WRESTLING AND I BEEN DOING THIS FOR 15 YEARS! I AM THE COWBOY JAMES STORM! AND I’M AS TOUGH AS THEY COME. WHEN I WAS BORN, THE DOCTOR DIDN’T SLAP ME ON THE ASS CUZ HE KNEW BETTER. WE HAD A SHOT OF JACK! I’m not like a bunch of guys who pretend to be tough - I’VE BEEN IN BAR FIGHTS, BEEN IN JAIL, AND WHOOPED ASS ALL DAY AND NIGHT. I’m tired of playing this cat and mouse game, so I’m just gonna blame every son of a bitch in the back. I would like AJ Styles to bring his ass out here to this ring.
AJ - Are you kidding me?
Storm - I just called you out here to tell you what I think.
AJ - After everything with Roode, you’re calling me out? Really? WHY DO YOU TINK I WANTED TO GET BOBBY IN THE FIRST PLACE? I CHECKED ON YOU AT THE HOSPITAL. I CALLED YOU AT HOME! But maybe you forgot about that cuz of your concussion. This is about you being so paranoid you can’t think straight.
Storm - Is it so paranoid since I’m on the shelf that AJ weasels his way into TWO shots at Bobby Roode!?
AJ - I guess I make the decisions now, don’t I? I didn’t make that decision - Sting did. YOU’RE PISSING UP THE WRONG TREE. When it comes to me hitting you and getting the shot for it, you’re wrong on both counts and I’m done talking to you about it!
Angle - Hey James Storm - YA FOUND ME! GUILTY AS CHARGED! Now when you wake up, if you wake up, I want you to go home and tell yer daughter that I’m the one that gave daddy the concussion.

In my book, Bret Hart can be a mark for himself because he's Bret fucking Hart. Someone like Damien Demento, on the other hand, can't be a mark for himself because he's Damien fucking Demento.

[quote name='Scorch']Matt Hardy has been kicked out of rehab for failing a breathalyzer test.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if that's hilarious or sad anymore.

Someone should photoshop a cellmate over Reby Sky on that pic. Cuz that's all the lovin he's getting now.

[quote name='Halo05']So the naked Matt Hardy post that I missed caused all motion in the wrestling thread to stop? Bummer.[/QUOTE]

To be fair, the one I saw had naked Reby Sky in it too, and there ain't nothin wrong with that.

[quote name='pitfallharry219'].[/QUOTE]

Dope. I'm still holding out on signing up, maybe this event will get me to finally jump that chasm....

Lame.

Matt Hardy is facing some serious legal problems after being kicked out of WWE-sponsored rehab on Friday. As noted before, Hardy was kicked out of rehab after failing a breathalyzer test. His excuse was that he had just used mouthwash.

Hardy's three month rehab stint was ordered by a North Carolina judge. Hardy was told that he would be placed in jail under a $1,000,000 bond if he did not complete rehab. Hardy was around one month away from completing the program. As of this writing, Hardy is still in the Moore County Detention Center but it is unknown what his bail is, if he even has one yet.

I do legitimately feel sorry for his lady. I understand that most wouldn't feel sorry for her just because she chooses to stay with him, though. The picture, though, is really kind of.. I can't think of the word.

[quote name='@RebySky']I REALLY need to stop asking myself if it can get any worse. Somehow, it always does.
ie474g.jpg
[/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='diddy310']First good use of that catchphrase.[/QUOTE]

I love how he just jumps in with it even though nobody said anything to him.

[quote name='JJSP']Heads up: WWE '12 is $47 at Amazon with a bonus $10 credit upon purchase.[/QUOTE]

Sweet, thanks for the heads up! Was gonna wait and hope for a good deal on it for Black Friday, but at $47 with a $10 credit that pretty much makes it $37 since I shop at Amazon all the time. Great deal. :)

Any other non-IGN reviews show up online yet? Kinda hard to believe them when they give EVER SINGLE YEAR'S EDITION an 8.0 or higher. Kinda how Madden never gets less than a 7.5 from anybody - are they always that good?

[quote name='JJSP']Heads up: WWE '12 is $47 at Amazon with a bonus $10 credit upon purchase.[/QUOTE]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I read that Amazon is getting their copies later compared to other places so they will ship it next week?

[quote name='TheRock88']Correct me if I'm wrong, but I read that Amazon is getting their copies later compared to other places so they will ship it next week?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's what it seems to be. No Release Date Delivery, and with the FSSS, it's Estimated arrival is Dec. 1-6

My ship date from Amazon is 11/29, a week after release.

For $47 w/ $10 credit, and I'm sitting on Saints Row III anyway, I'm in no hurry. An extra week is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back