The NFL 2012-13 Season Thread - Super Bowl XLVII is the Harbaugh Bowl!

[quote name='JP']I honestly wouldn't think anything of the play personally, except for that extra leg kick/extending motion when he makes contact with Reed. Other players have been fined for similar plays during the year, I don't see why Brady shouldn't.
thomas.gif
[/QUOTE]

I agree with a fine, I mean Reed and Brady talked so it was water under the bridge, then His ravens teammate Pollard comes out and talks how Brady meant to do it, and it was a malisous act upon Reed. It had nothing to do with the Pollard, but he tries to put his two sense into everything.

Anyhow I see Payton is playing in the Pro Bowl, anywhere I can the lineup, trying to see if Brady or any other Patriots are playing in the game.

Nevermind found the pro bowl roster for Patriots.

-Brady (injured)
-Gronk (injured)
-Mankins (injured)
-Wilfork (injured)
-Welker (injured)
-Jarod Mayo (only Patriot who will play)

lol Belichick be killing it on these injury reports, not surprising since he put Brady as questionable(questionable) on injury reports every game for the pass 4 years.

[quote name='usickenme']oh I am sure John Fox definitely cares about Flacco's play. Nice try though, One game doesn't make a career. Geez you probably think Dilfer should be in the HOF too.[/QUOTE]

Yes because that's totally what i said rotf stfu bro and hold that loss and stop being butthurt that Manning once again choked in the playoffs. Something that somehow only Denver fans were shocked to see happen.

[quote name='Poor2More']I agree with a fine, I mean Reed and Brady talked so it was water under the bridge, then His ravens teammate Pollard comes out and talks how Brady meant to do it, and it was a malisous act upon Reed. It had nothing to do with the Pollard, but he tries to put his two sense into everything.[/QUOTE]You say that like Pollard posted it on Twitter or something. He said it on his radio show here in Baltimore when asked about this play.

[quote name='Poor2More']Twitter, facebook, radio, whats the difference?[/QUOTE]Because he didn't do it unprompted. Somebody asked him and he gave his honest answer on his own radio show. Would you be happier if he lied and gave a PC answer? Or are you one those people who believe all athletes should be mute?

Nothing wrong with Pollard's comment on something that happened to a teammate. Poor's just mad that Ridley tried to run Pollard over and got knocked out instead.

[quote name='usickenme']oh I am sure John Fox definitely cares about Flacco's play. Nice try though, One game doesn't make a career. Geez you probably think Dilfer should be in the HOF too.[/QUOTE]

You do know that John Fox went to a Super Bowl and NFC Championship game with Jake Delhomme as his QB, right? Just because ESPN doesn't constantly state that someone is elite doesn't mean that they can't be a solid/great QB. A lot of good QBs have won Super Bowls.

The Ravens did to him what he did to the Bears in 06.

[quote name='DT778']Nothing wrong with Pollard's comment on something that happened to a teammate. Poor's just mad that Ridley tried to run Pollard over and got knocked out instead.[/QUOTE]

Your right :lol:

If you're talking top 4 QBs, you should probably nix Brees in favor of Rapelisberger since he's actually won a couple important games.

If we did that then we would have to take out Rodgers for Eli. Then we would have to rename the list "most super bowl wins by a current QB" and also take out Peyton.

The NFL really set themselves up to be mocked hard with this one. Gore getting an arbitrary $500 more for a uniform violation just drives it home.

Not really. Everyone knows the NFL has uniform rules, and if they're broken, players are subject to fines. It comes down to "safety regulations" and marketing. They don't really mention the last one, but that's the real reason since every piece of the uniform is branded, and companies like to see their logo on uniforms presented proudly. If Nike can't say 'our socks were worn by NFC Champion Frank Gore to score the game-winning TD, you should buy these socks because of that' they get pissed and tell the NFL about it.

Still something intrinsically wrong in "We'll fine this guy for doing something unsafe, but we'll fine this other guy more for not flashing a logo on his socks.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Brady got fined $10,000 for his kick, which is $500 less than Frank Gore was fined for wearing his socks too low in the NFC title game.[/QUOTE]

When I saw this on ESPN I started laughing - Golden Boy indeed.

[quote name='DT778']If we did that then we would have to take out Rodgers for Eli. Then we would have to rename the list "most super bowl wins by a current QB" and also take out Peyton.[/QUOTE]

Not necessarrily.. my point being that Brees will panic and throw stupid interceptions where Ben will stand in the pocket and let a defender bounce off his gut before taking off in similar situations. Keep stats all you want, I'd take Ben over Drew any day.

And I hate saying that as a Browns fans considering he's shoved down our throats in this area as if we're sorority girls.

Hey, Trent Williams, you just got selected to your first Pro Bowl! What are going to do now?

"I'm going to fly to Hawaii, get in a club brawl, get cracked over the head with a bottle, and miss the game!"

I can't believe we have another week of Super Bowl coverage to go. Is anyone outside of 49ers fans going to be rooting for them?

[quote name='Javery']I can't believe we have another week of Super Bowl coverage to go. Is anyone outside of 49ers fans going to be rooting for them?[/QUOTE]

I would like to see the 49ers win.

[quote name='Javery']I can't believe we have another week of Super Bowl coverage to go. Is anyone outside of 49ers fans going to be rooting for them?[/QUOTE]

I would rather the Niners win if only to keep Lewis away from the ring.

[quote name='4thHorseman']I would rather the Niners win if only to keep Lewis away from the ring.[/QUOTE]

He already has one though... I cannot stand Jim Harbaugh. He seems like the biggest asshole in the stadium every Sunday - no small feat.

[quote name='4thHorseman']I would rather the Niners win if only to keep Lewis away from the ring.[/QUOTE]

Yep, Lewis already has one from their 2000 Super Bowl. Randy Moss on the other hand still doesn't have one, and I'd like to see it stay that way.

[quote name='Javery']He already has one though... I cannot stand Jim Harbaugh. He seems like the biggest asshole in the stadium every Sunday - no small feat.[/QUOTE]

No doubt. As amusing as his run-in was with Lions head coach, Jim Schwartz, last year the way he handled it afterward was definitely borderline unprofessional (not to mention the way he handled the handshake in the first place that lead to the incident).

Jim Harbaugh is awesome. Is it because he yells at the refs? Both Harbaughs do that, Jim is just more animated.
[quote name='pitfallharry219']I was thinking today about the last Super Bowl the 49ers were in, and it made me think of Natrone Means.
[/QUOTE]With a name like that he would have been perfect for the American Gladiators. It's a shame he only really had that one good year in 94.

[quote name='DT778']Jim Harbaugh is awesome. Is it because he yells at the refs? Both Harbaughs do that, Jim is just more animated.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='RedvsBlue'] As amusing as his run-in was with Lions head coach, Jim Schwartz, last year the way he handled it afterward was definitely borderline unprofessional (not to mention the way he handled the handshake in the first place that lead to the incident).[/QUOTE]

One of the reasons.

Gym Shorts shouldn't have been talking shit across the field. It was laughs when Harbaugh said it was his fault because he shook Schwartz's hand too hard.

I don't mind either Harbaugh. I prefer animated jackasses to boring robots any day.

Though I love having a boring robot as an offensive coordinator!

I am. So sick of the Ray Lewis Tent Revival Tour.

Sure. It'd not like either Harbaugh brother is stand up guy- they're just fb coaches.

Am I the only one that despises all of the Superbowl talk this upcoming week? Especially when all the radio shows at radio row have various "interviews" with athletes and celebrities selling stuff. I always enjoys the conference championship games more than the superbowl. Maybe, it's because I'm sad to see the season over.

[quote name='jbuck138']Am I the only one that despises all of the Superbowl talk this upcoming week? Especially when all the radio shows at radio row have various "interviews" with athletes and celebrities selling stuff. I always enjoys the conference championship games more than the superbowl. Maybe, it's because I'm sad to see the season over.[/QUOTE]

It's nice to hear retired guys pump whatever brand they are with, like Roger Craig pumping some software company he is with :)

I dont think I've watched more than 10 minutes of ESPN since the championship games, actually feels pretty good too. Glad I'm not listening to all the Harbaugh Bowl crap.

[quote name='DNukem170']I don't mind either Harbaugh. I prefer animated jackasses to boring robots any day.[/QUOTE]

This is true...

[quote name='Burning Karma']I am. So sick of the Ray Lewis Tent Revival Tour.[/QUOTE]

So am I ... there's really no good choice but I think rooting for the Ravens is the lesser of 2 evils even though there are probably 25 teams I'd rather see win.

Meh, the only sports shows I watch anyway are The Dan Patrick Show and PTI, so the Super Bowl overload doesn't affect me too much. I would like to go one playoff run without a feature on OJ Brigance though (apparently everyone else in the media has forgotten that ESPN did a story on OJ last year, and the year before that, and the year before that...).

This being the first time I'm paying attention to the over coverage of the super bowl because the Niners are in it, it's been a whole lot of nothing interesting so far. Maybe we get something interesting now that the teams are in New Orleans but probably more of the same. With 24 hours news coverage it's just the same shit, over and over.

I haven't watched any superbowl coverage, even though I'm a Ravens fan and am really excited for the game. Of course part of the reason is I don't have cable.....

[quote name='crunchewy']I haven't watched any superbowl coverage, even though I'm a Ravens fan and am really excited for the game. Of course part of the reason is I don't have cable.....[/QUOTE]
I just catch the random article on Fark or some random tidbit I see, otherwise I've been able to miss most of it myself. I don't want to be sick of it by Sunday.

Glad to see Ogden in, obviously. The Ravens' first-ever draft pick is our first to be entered into the HOF, which is pretty cool for a relatively new team.

Also, I watched Super Bowl coverage all last week, but got pretty tired of all the hype, including all of the Ray Lewis stuff. I'm just excited to see the game tomorrow.

Go Ravens!

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I've never once thought of Warren Sapp and said to myself, "That guy right there is a first-ballot HoF'er".[/QUOTE]

I'm shocked that Sapp got in before Strahan. That boggles my mind.

How awesome would this weekend have been if Modell had been (rightfully) inducted in and the Ravens won the Super Bowl?

bread's done
Back