The Official 2007/2008 NBA thread

[quote name='oNeWiNgEdAnGeL']If you're mocking me, go fuck yourself. laCkers are a joke.[/quote]

Settle down Beavis.
yankingyourchainxw2.jpg

[quote name='oNeWiNgEdAnGeL']If you're mocking me, go fuck yourself. lakers are awesome[/quote]
Jeez man, you keep having these typos, don't worry, I'll keep fixing them til' you get it right :D

[quote name='Inf^Shini']I take this attack personally! (I'm kidding ;))

I do remember someone putting up a vid of Shaq just abusing a defender and then dunking on him, I think it was Dikembe Mutombo (I can never forget that name :p)
That's funny though, "A Black Hole Of Infractions", sounds like a horror film or somethin'

NBA Refs are just maddeningly inconsistent. I've never seen this kind of issue with the NFL with all the years I've been watching it, and by that I mean the constant blatant bad calls (THANK GOODNESS FOR INSTANT REPLAY THOUGH)

If anything, I think more sports should adopt the Instant Replay system, that would really help ;)

I was talking to a friend of mine recently, and he said he doesn't watch sports anymore since he claims they're all fixed, instead, he watches UFC ;)[/quote]

That was me putting up that video. And yes Shaq abused then violated Mutombo.

But I fully agree with you...its not so much the teams its the fact that the Refs are so polar opposites from game to game that you cant even give them the benefit of the doubt. When Vlad can take 6 steps for a dunk something is very very wrong.That plus the Ref scandal which I am very surprised has not been talked about more. You just had a ref admit to fixing games and now your going through one of the worst play offs as far as refs go of recent years.

To me, honestly...you have to fire anyone over the age of like 50. It doesnt matter how many years you have been doing it, what big games you have done...when your eyesight goes....it simply goes.

Refs run as much as any bench player does....how in the world do they expect a 78 year old man to run up and down the court and make snap second decisions based on sight? That and David Stern needs to quit being a bitch all the time and actually make some legit changes.

Oh please. Would you know the difference between a strained or torn meniscus and a more serious injury, the second it happens? No. All you know is that your knee hurts. Any player in that situation would've been taken off the court and not allowed to walk, as a precaution.

Do not doubt for a second that Paul Pierce is playing through pain, he is. And as for the allegation that he somehow planned to fake an injury to take himself out of the game just as he's starting to get hot... Thats the most absurd thing I've ever heard.

This is normally a 4 to 8 week injury. Its not unheard of to play through this in the NFL, but the NBA? Its not something anyone could do.

[quote name='dafoomie']Oh please. Would you know the difference between a strained or torn meniscus and a more serious injury, the second it happens? No. All you know is that your knee hurts. Any player in that situation would've been taken off the court and not allowed to walk, as a precaution.

Do not doubt for a second that Paul Pierce is playing through pain, he is. And as for the allegation that he somehow planned to fake an injury to take himself out of the game just as he's starting to get hot... Thats the most absurd thing I've ever heard.

This is normally a 4 to 8 week injury. Its not unheard of to play through this in the NFL, but the NBA? Its not something anyone could do.[/QUOTE]

Look man you are talking to a fanbase who roots for a team that has a best player that learned his leadership skills from Hitler. Lost cause

[quote name='jlarlee']Look man you are talking to a fanbase who roots for a team that has a best player that learned his leadership skills from Hitler. Lost cause[/QUOTE]

LMAO

Charge by Odom not called, flop by Kobe... Lakers fans have nothing to whine about right now.

Pierce does not look good. This is the first time he's only had 2 days rest, it looks like its really bothering him right now.

[quote name='dafoomie']Charge by Odom not called, flop by Kobe... Lakers fans have nothing to whine about right now.

Pierce does not look good. This is the first time he's only had 2 days rest, it looks like its really bothering him right now.[/quote]

that's not an NBA charge...this ain't college bball where weak Duke charges get called all game long

and what flop are you referring to...

i know it's not possible for any fan of any team, but don't be biased

and TWO calls that MIGHT have gone the lakers way offsets 2 full games of boston special treatment?

Whatever dude. I've seen less than that called a charge.

I expected the Lakers to get the benefit of the calls, the Celtics just need to fight through it.

rondo's makin the lakers pay for laying off him...if he keeps scoring, they might have to switch up the gameplan...rondo's improved his offense throughout the year

His shooting is lightyears ahead of what it was when he came into the league. He made a major improvement in the offseason and has continued improving throughout the year.

He doesn't always have confidence in that shot, and he'll make bad passes once in a while instead of shooting an open j.

god I really want to see Eddie House get a chance

end of first quarter and it is tied with 0 points from Pierce and KG. I'd be concerned if I'm the Lakers

They still haven't made the adjustment on Leon Powe, thats the 3rd foul on Odom.

My god, get Sam Cassell off the floor. Shot selection for Cassell is as much an oxymoron as Lakers Defense.

[quote name='dafoomie']They still haven't made the adjustment on Leon Powe, thats the 3rd foul on Odom.

My god, get Sam Cassell off the floor. Shot selection for Cassell is as much an oxymoron as Lakers Defense.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, what the hell? Cassell just seems to fire it up from anywhere for no apparent reason.

[quote name='swetooth9']yea farmar, don't back down from the bigger man haha

good decision for pj to just walk away[/quote]

lol wow... the Lakers and Celtic rivalry! Getting physical out there

Farmar and PJ Brown going at it.

[quote name='Dynasty1756']Luke Walton blocked Paul Pierce shoot!! WOW :shock:[/QUOTE]
And fans in LA still question whether Pierce is really hurt? He can't even jump right now.

[quote name='dafoomie']And fans in LA still question whether Pierce is really hurt? He can't even jump right now.[/quote]

but he could chase down the ball and dive into the crowd...and come out just fine...

[quote name='swetooth9']but he could chase down the ball and dive into the crowd...and come out just fine...[/quote]

no hes injured then when he shoots well hes perfectly fine and is the truth!

[quote name='swetooth9']but he could chase down the ball and dive into the crowd...and come out just fine...[/QUOTE]
You're blind. Pierce was noticeably limping around before they took him out.

The Lakers dominated that first half. Keeping it within 6 is a major victory for the Celtics, they're playing like shit right now.

[quote name='dafoomie']You're blind. Pierce was noticeably limping around before they took him out.

The Lakers dominated that first half. Keeping it within 6 is a major victory for the Celtics, they're playing like shit right now.[/quote]

he has to keep the act up or people will be suspicious haha

[quote name='swetooth9']he has to keep the act up or people will be suspicious haha[/QUOTE]
Yeah, he's just lulling them into a false sense of security by only scoring 2 points in the first half. And if he's wily enough to keep that up in the 2nd half, he'll really have them fooled this time.

[quote name='dafoomie']Yeah, he's just lulling them into a false sense of security by only scoring 2 points in the first half. And if he's wily enough to keep that up in the 2nd half, he'll really have them fooled this time.[/quote]

i'm glad we're on the same page here :D

What the hell? Odom trips him and its a travel?

Looked like he was about to call Odom but realized it would be his 4th.

And Kobe knocks down Rondo from behind going back up the floor, no call... Rondo is hurt.

Just got back from work, the Celtics need to win this 3rd quarter because in the 4th quarter if their entering it down by 5...it's over.

kobecrying.gif

[quote name='dafoomie']What the hell? Odom trips him and its a travel?

Looked like he was about to call Odom but realized it would be his 4th.

And Kobe knocks down Rondo from behind going back up the floor, no call... Rondo is hurt.[/quote]

the game is not going to be officiated perfectly...that's not humanly possible

[quote name='swetooth9']the game is not going to be officiated perfectly...that's not humanly possible[/QUOTE]
I was wrong on Rondo, he stepped on Derek Fisher's foot. Kobe had a hand on him but barely touched him.

[quote name='swetooth9']the game is not going to be officiated perfectly...that's not humanly possible[/quote]

No doubt, but my roommate just said as Allen knocked down the 3 "David Stern is calling up Crawford right now and telling him to call this shit back to the Lakers".

Imagine the NBA's dream Finals between the Celtics and Lakers and it's a domination by the Celtics? Wow....

[quote name='swetooth9']damn...allen's on fire[/QUOTE]
He saved Garnett and Pierce's asses today.

Surprised Rondo isn't back in the game yet.

bread's done
Back