The Official 2007/2008 NBA thread

[quote name='swetooth9']you're kidding, right? sure bynum is bigger and has done pretty well this season before his injury, but he is not better than Odom...odom has just not been playing well this series, that's all[/quote]

I think Bynum is a better player than Odom, he averaged 20 and 10 in the month right before his injury.

The Lakers are going to look crazy next year with a lineup of:

PG Fisher
SG Kobe
SF Odom
PF Gasol
C Bynum

[quote name='dafoomie']He had more rest for game 2.

I criticized individual calls as I saw them, but those are not why the Celtics lost. Kobe would be proud of the way you tried to force that into my mouth, though.

The Lakers won a game they were supposed to win. I thought you guys have been here before?[/quote]

Did Pierce have a two day rest in game 1 after the injury? He scored 14 points in the remaining of the 3rd and 4th after the injury while shooting 80% from the field.

The angel that healed Pierce probably did not make the trip to los angeles.

[quote name='dafoomie']He had more rest for game 2.

I criticized individual calls as I saw them, but those are not why the Celtics lost. Kobe would be proud of the way you tried to force that into my mouth, though.

The Lakers won a game they were supposed to win. I thought you guys have been here before?[/quote]

What was I "trying to force in your mouth?" Most of your posts are about bad calls against the celtics. What is there to force? Hey, I could have posted about the blatant KG travel, but I'm not gonna sit here and post each and every bad call as they come.

[quote name='Nelo Ice']
paulpierce01sz0.jpg
[/quote]

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I missed a chunk of the game but thought it went fine.

Boston lost Lakers won really no complaints from me. But I missed a good portion and didnt fully see the refs play.

So the last 10min or so. Boston couldnt close at all....KG makes it a 2 point game and 10 seconds later its a 7 point game. I dont get why the hell would you double Kobe half assed in the middle of the court? I still think all the Lakers bench are completely waste of player space but the only thing I do give them is that they can hit wide open shots. I have never seen any one of those idiots make a shot with smallest of hands thrown in their face.

Since I missed most of the game...cant really comment on anything. On to game 4.

[quote name='Nelo Ice']^ur right every call that went against the celtics u criticized![/QUOTE]

At least he was posting during the game and just didn't wait until his team had won so he could come in here and crow.

He also was a bit equal opportunity he brought up that atrocious Kobe traveling call.

[quote name='jlarlee']At least he was posting during the game and just didn't wait until his team had won so he could come in here and crow.

He also was a bit equal opportunity he brought up that atrocious Kobe traveling call.[/quote]

i was in the room across the house watching on the big tv with no computer near me?

what does me not posting during a game have to do with anything?! :lol:

[quote name='Nelo Ice']
paulpierce01sz0.jpg
[/quote]

:roll: Ugh.

That is not even close to being funny. God damn I hate how people on the internet think that adding Msoft paint words to a pic magically makes it funny.

Its not even built right. As it stands now it says, The NBA Where Happens The oscars.

If your going to make something make something that takes more than half a second to think of. Christ.

By the way...keep this stupid shit out of the thread.

[quote name='jlarlee']At least he was posting during the game and just didn't wait until his team had won so he could come in here and crow.

He also was a bit equal opportunity he brought up that atrocious Kobe traveling call.[/quote]

Excuse us for wanting to enjoy a basketball game by sitting back and just watching it play out, instead of posting my comments on a message board while the game is going on.

Lots of respect for Ray Allen after Game 3, he was killing the Lakers with his 3 point shooting tonight.

[quote name='bardiya27']Excuse us for wanting to enjoy a basketball game by sitting back and just watching it play out, instead of posting my comments on a message board while the game is going on.

Lots of respect for Ray Allen after Game 3, he was killing the Lakers with his 3 point shooting tonight.[/QUOTE]

hell I was just posting during those obscenely long tv timeouts. I've never been to an NBA playoff game but those long breaks must be torture

[quote name='Nelo Ice']i didnt even make it

pierce was almost as great as this guy in acting
d-wade2.jpg
[/quote]

Lmao Wade looks like ET with that towel.

That was dumb because he injured his shoulder, why does he need a wheelchair?

But Wade's injury was legit, he missed most of the regular season.

[quote name='bardiya27']Excuse us for wanting to enjoy a basketball game by sitting back and just watching it play out, instead of posting my comments on a message board while the game is going on.

Lots of respect for Ray Allen after Game 3, he was killing the Lakers with his 3 point shooting tonight.[/quote]

Yea Ray Allen was mostly keeping the Celtics in the game. Without him the Celtics would of been down big.

Lakers won tonight they played well. Paul Pierce is a big disappointment to me, he could have gone all those years with Walker. KG proved he can lead a team with the T-wolves, if the celtics win he deserves it

[quote name='Nelo Ice']i didnt even make it

pierce was almost as great as this guy in acting
d-wade2.jpg
[/quote]

Yeah you didnt make it but your "that guy" The guy who has to go out and google stupid ass unfunny pictures that only "that guys friend" will laugh at. Congrats you got the 1 other guy in the thread to post rofl smiles pat yourself on the back and stop.

Ugh...I just wish the fad of using Google images to try and make points would die already.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Yeah you didnt make it but your "that guy" The guy who has to go out and google stupid ass unfunny pictures that only "that guys friend" will laugh at. Congrats you got the 1 other guy in the thread to post rofl smiles pat yourself on the back and stop.

Ugh...I just wish the fad of using Google images to try and make points would die already.[/QUOTE]

Hey a picture is worth a thousand words. Some people just need that kind of help.

[quote name='Nelo Ice']i got it from a forum and im assuming the poster made it
anyway get back to ur hating and talking stats![/quote]

Again it doesnt matter if you make it or not. Your posting it like no one has every seen a badly made goodle image before instead of actually make any legit points.

Get back to my stats and hating? What? I think you need to find a google image to further explain what you are talking about here.

[quote name='jlarlee']Hey a picture is worth a thousand words. Some people just need that kind of help.[/quote]

The internet killed that expression a long time ago.

Now its. "A google image is worth the words you are not clever enough to think of."

[quote name='bardiya27']The angel that healed Pierce probably did not make the trip to los angeles.[/quote]
Did you notice the irony in that sentence? ;)

Again, I think we were all expecting the Lakers to win Game 3, just probably not as frenetically and as close as it was down the stretch (Maybe). The Lakers still have a lot of work to be done, they should really impose the pick n' roll that Bryant and Gasol used for a bit in Game 1.

Just watched some post-game coverage and basically people were wondering how the Lakers won with how bad they were playing, and the answer was holding KG and PP to 8 of 35 FG's plus Kobe and Vujacic's contribution on offense, scoring a little over half of the Lakers points, not to mention the Celtics were playing poorly as well. They basically summed up the the game with one word, scrappy.

Vujacic made some nice contested shots tonight, I'll give him that, I just wish it were more consistent. Ray Allen almost killed them tonight though, it's amazing he went 5 for 5 from 3 pt. land, he really does live off of the screen :p

[quote name='Matt Young']Before tonight, I never would have thought I'd utter the phrase, "Thank God for Sasha Vujacic.THE MACHINE"[/quote]

fixed ;):bow:

[quote name='dafoomie']How long until KG realizes that shot isn't going down?[/QUOTE]

Never, because that is what he has become...a jump-shooting power forward.
I usually do not watch the Celtics but the more I see KG taking jump shots, the more I think KG is as soft as Dirk (on offense that is).

[quote name='bardiya27']Excuse us for wanting to enjoy a basketball game by sitting back and just watching it play out, instead of posting my comments on a message board while the game is going on.[/QUOTE]
Funny, didn't see you after games 1 or 2.

[quote name='swetooth9']What was I "trying to force in your mouth?" Most of your posts are about bad calls against the celtics. What is there to force? Hey, I could have posted about the blatant KG travel, but I'm not gonna sit here and post each and every bad call as they come.[/QUOTE]
You said that I blamed the loss on the refs, like how Laker fans blamed them for losing game 2, and that is simply not true. I did not agree with every call, but they lost because KG and Pierce didn't do the job tonight. The referees did not impact the outcome of either game.

Kudos to Doc Rivers for giving it to Phil Jackson tonight.

Reporter: "Doc, Phil was just in here and he thought Kevin Garnett ran out of gas, what do you think about that?"

Doc: "Well, I'm just surprised he didn't whine about fouls tonight... I told the team that I don't want to hear about Coach Jackson complaining, and that's why [we lost]"

[quote name='Nelo Ice']fixed ;):bow:[/QUOTE]

Yes, Sasha "The Machine" Vujacic shooting 40% in the playoffs and 39.4% for his career....more like the RROD rate for Xbox 360s.

[quote name='dafoomie']Funny, didn't see you after games 1 or 2.

You said that I blamed the loss on the refs, like how Laker fans blamed them for losing game 2, and that is simply not true. I did not agree with every call, but they lost because KG and Pierce didn't do the job tonight. The referees did not impact the outcome of either game.

Reporter: "Doc, Phil was just in here and he thought Kevin Garnett ran out of gas, what do you think about that?"

Doc: "Well, I'm just surprised he didn't whine about fouls tonight... I told the team that I don't want to hear about Coach Jackson complaining, and that's why [we lost]"[/quote]

Ah, I see now...I didn't mean that you blamed the loss on the refs, just that you talk a lot about the refs bad calls against the Celtics, that's all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bardiya27
Excuse us for wanting to enjoy a basketball game by sitting back and just watching it play out, instead of posting my comments on a message board while the game is going on.

Funny, didn't see you after games 1 or 2.

Fuuny, I didn't know about this thread until a day after Game 2.

[quote name='unforeseen']Never, because that is what he has become...a jump-shooting power forward.
I usually do not watch the Celtics but the more I see KG taking jump shots, the more I think KG is as soft as Dirk (on offense that is).[/quote]

yea, im usually surprised that KG takes more jump shooting shots than actually driving to the basket and committing a foul. He relies on his jump shooting very much.

[quote name='dafoomie']Funny, didn't see you after games 1 or 2.

Doc: "Well, I'm just surprised he didn't whine about fouls tonight... I told the team that I don't want to hear about Coach Jackson complaining, and that's why [we lost]"[/QUOTE]

You do whine about every call that goes against the Celtics. How about you start posting calls against the Lakers or the fouls that the refs never call for them? Even the ESPN analysts thinks Game 2 was lop-sided on the ref calls, not just *laker fans*.

KG has been getting away with a lot of fouls. The refs need to look at him more and call his illegal screens more often.

Celtics offense was horrible in this game, but their defense is what allowed them to stay in the game. Pierce will likely play better in the next game but so will Gasol. Its going to be an interesting series.

And yeah, KG is getting away with too many illegal screens.

[quote name='dafoomie']Oh please. Would you know the difference between a strained or torn meniscus and a more serious injury, the second it happens? No. All you know is that your knee hurts. Any player in that situation would've been taken off the court and not allowed to walk, as a precaution.

Do not doubt for a second that Paul Pierce is playing through pain, he is. And as for the allegation that he somehow planned to fake an injury to take himself out of the game just as he's starting to get hot... Thats the most absurd thing I've ever heard.

This is normally a 4 to 8 week injury. Its not unheard of to play through this in the NFL, but the NBA? Its not something anyone could do.[/quote]

I know about leg/knee injuries, I've had them. I've had my knee gave way completely with a loud pop while high jumping. My brother-in law specifically had a TORN meniscus, not a "strain". He didn't need a wheelchair. I didn't. Pierce was laying down more ham than Ms. Piggy on Kermit the Frog.

That being said, more is being made of it that necessary. If someone overacts when hurt it really doesn't matter and anyone who says otherwise is deluding themselves. But you are also deluding yourself if you think he wasn't playing up the moment.

[quote name='unforeseen']Never, because that is what he has become...a jump-shooting power forward.
I usually do not watch the Celtics but the more I see KG taking jump shots, the more I think KG is as soft as Dirk (on offense that is).[/quote]

I still think this is a misinterpretation of whats really happening. I believe you are taking away all logical reasons for what he is doing....like he isnt a human being.

I think its less that KG is getting soft and more that he is adjusting his game to his age. Dirk has always been a jumpshooters. KG used to be a banger and now he isnt. (also...come on if your good at what you do let him do it. I hate Dirk and the Mavs hate them. But the guy is amazing for a PF inside outside game from a 7 footer? He should get more low block stuff but thats not his game)

I truly dont see how you guys dont see that KG is old as shit and the days of driving to the lane and banging on 10 people are over. The hardest thing for a superstar to do is to continue his career passed his prime. Its the same reason why some superstars instantly disappear after they hit their prime and others stick around for years. Its the decision to adjust your game and continue to be effective.

Honestly. Do you think Lebron with all this dominate driving to the baskets will still be doing that when he is 35? No..because there will be 10 more Lebron like players smashing into him.

Kg is a superstar not the fountain of fucking youth. He is a guy who realizes that he cant drive the way he used to cant power it through 3 or 4 people like he used to. Knowing that he now is shooting jumpshots trying to still be effective. He is not that bad a shooter.

Its funny how you guys say he to soft to go down low but he still leads the the god damn league in rebounds. He grabs 12-17 rebounds a game.

Hell not even Allen Iverson that greatest driver of modern times. Even he doesnt drive as much as he used to, doesnt cross over people as much as he used to, doesnt take as many fouls as he used to.

Again it just seems like you guys criticizes people simply because they dont do what you want them to.

[quote name='Soodmeg']I still think this is a misinterpretation of whats really happening. I believe you are taking away all logical reasons for what he is doing....like he isnt a human being.

I think its less that KG is getting soft and more that he is adjusting his game to his age. Dirk has always been a jumpshooters. KG used to be a banger and now he isnt. (also...come on if your good at what you do let him do it. I hate Dirk and the Mavs hate them. But the guy is amazing for a PF inside outside game from a 7 footer? He should get more low block stuff but thats not his game)

I truly dont see how you guys dont see that KG is old as shit and the days of driving to the lane and banging on 10 people are over. The hardest thing for a superstar to do is to continue his career passed his prime. Its the same reason why some superstars instantly disappear after they hit their prime and others stick around for years. Its the decision to adjust your game and continue to be effective.

Honestly. Do you think Lebron with all this dominate driving to the baskets will still be doing that when he is 35? No..because there will be 10 more Lebron like players smashing into him.

Kg is a superstar not the fountain of fucking youth. He is a guy who realizes that he cant drive the way he used to cant power it through 3 or 4 people like he used to. Knowing that he now is shooting jumpshots trying to still be effective. He is not that bad a shooter.

Its funny how you guys say he to soft to go down low but he still leads the the god damn league in rebounds. He grabs 12-17 rebounds a game.

Hell not even Allen Iverson that greatest driver of modern times. Even he doesnt drive as much as he used to, doesnt cross over people as much as he used to, doesnt take as many fouls as he used to.

Again it just seems like you guys criticizes people simply because they dont do what you want them to.[/quote]

well put

[quote name='Soodmeg']I still think this is a misinterpretation of whats really happening. I believe you are taking away all logical reasons for what he is doing....like he isnt a human being.

Again it just seems like you guys criticizes people simply because they dont do what you want them to.[/QUOTE]

You realize KG is only 32. Not saying that's young but there is no reason for him not to play inside more. You don't see Duncan taking as many jump shots as KG. His whole game is inside and he still plays pretty damn good. And he is 32. I don't think age is a factor at all here.

Oh and your Iverson comment is way off, as he averaged 9.7 FT attempts this year and his career average is 9.3 a season. He has Carmelo Anthony now, this could be a reason why you don't see him doing as much as he used to, as he has other people that can score unlike his 76ers days when it was the AI show.

Again it just seems like you guys criticizes people simply because they dont do what you want them to.[/QUOTE]

Actually, KG has averaged 9.2 rebounds this year, his lowest, following his first two years.
This year, Dwight Howard lead the league in rebounds at 14.2 per game.

Playing offensive is not only putting the basket in the hoop, but it is also about getting the opposing players in foul trouble.
KG is not doing that if he continues to shoot jumpers.
Just lay off 3 feet from KG and he will shoot. Once he does, box out. Rinse and repeat.

KG only attempted 2 free throws...for a power forward??
I only criticize KG because he does not have the basketball IQ to go in the lane and force his will on the opposing player...he is 7 ft and athletic.
Double team?? Good, that leaves someone open to get a higher percentage shot.

[quote name='DomLando']You realize KG is only 32. Not saying that's young but there is no reason for him not to play inside more. You don't see Duncan taking as many jump shots as KG. His whole game is inside and he still plays pretty damn good. And he is 32. I don't think age is a factor at all here.

Oh and your Iverson comment is way off, as he averaged 9.7 FT attempts this year and his career average is 9.3 a season. He has Carmelo Anthony now, this could be a reason why you don't see him doing as much as he used to, as he has other people that can score unlike his 76ers days when it was the AI show.[/quote]

First the AI comment. As much of a stat guy I must admit...you cant look at stats and tell something like that. Just because he is getting fouls doesnt mean he is getting them from driving to the hole. You can be fouled shooting jump shots, or in the penalty..there are a number of ways to go to the free throw line without driving all game. Though that is a big part of it. I watch AI and I dont see the same driving into the lane that he used to...even with Melo.

I disagree You would be assuming that ALL people on the planet age the exact same....which is simply silly. KG could have much worse Knees, Arms, Joints, whatever. No one can know but KG. Just because there are two 32 year old doesnt mean they are in the exact same health even with them both being in the NBA. When your talking about something like health and what your body can do its worthless to compare it to another person of the same age.

(I am only 23 and I cant dunk any more I used to be able to throw it down easy,360's windmills ect (I am 6 1) but due to an long career of football,basketball,soccer throughout high school and college my back is so fucked up I would be lucky to do a one hand dunk alone on a fast break.)

Again you would have to first get be to believe that KG....KG a superstar for as long as most of our little brothers and sisters have been alive all of a sudden has NO IDEA that he cant drive past Vlad Rad. KG is not some dumb rookie that just got into the NBA. You have to give him the benefit of the doubt of it just being..."eh I dont feel like driving to the lane" Tim Ducan doesnt even produce near as much as the same energy as KG. Although both are superstars tim ducan barely moves away from the block. KG runs around the court most of the game. Thats like comparing a set shooter to Rip Hamilton. Of course a set shooter should have a longer career...Rip uses 5 times as much energy through out a game than any set shooter.

The way KG is playing screams of a guy who used to be able to do something and now cant and he knows it.

[quote name='unforeseen']Actually, KG has averaged 9.2 rebounds this year, his lowest, following his first two years.
This year, Dwight Howard lead the league in rebounds at 14.2 per game.

Playing offensive is not only putting the basket in the hoop, but it is also about getting the opposing players in foul trouble.
KG is not doing that if he continues to shoot jumpers.
Just lay off 3 feet from KG and he will shoot. Once he does, box out. Rinse and repeat.

KG only attempted 2 free throws...for a power forward??
I only criticize KG because he does not have the basketball IQ to go in the lane and force his will on the opposing player...he is 7 ft and athletic.
Double team?? Good, that leaves someone open to get a higher percentage shot.[/quote]

Again....I think its completely and utterly foolish for anyone to question the IQ of a god damn superstar. The guy has been a superstar long before you even thought to pick up a ball. We are not talking about Kwame Brown here. We are talking about a guy who came from High School and has been a superstar ever since. How can you...a guy who couldnt even come close to playing at on even a college level (not a personal attack...hell I played soccer in college not basketball) know what KG should do at any given time?

The fact that his numbers are lower proves my point. Older players preform less. Bottom line. He is an old guy who's starting to fall off he knows it and is trying to adjust his game to still be effective. He simply might be at the time where his skills are starting to fall off.

You cant compare Dwight Howard (23 years old) to an old ass KG at 32. At least compare them when KG was 23.

I mean honestly.....do you guys not remember how Michael Jordan played when he came back the 2nd time? One of the greatest NBA players of modern times was horrid when he came back. I dont see why we can give Jordan the benefit of the doubt for being old and not KG? Regardless that Jordan was older..Jordan was not a 7fter....bing a 7fter is hell on your body to begin with.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I know about leg/knee injuries, I've had them. I've had my knee gave way completely with a loud pop while high jumping. My brother-in law specifically had a TORN meniscus, not a "strain". He didn't need a wheelchair. I didn't. Pierce was laying down more ham than Ms. Piggy on Kermit the Frog.

That being said, more is being made of it that necessary. If someone overacts when hurt it really doesn't matter and anyone who says otherwise is deluding themselves. But you are also deluding yourself if you think he wasn't playing up the moment.[/QUOTE]
You seriously think he had the wherewithal to play up an injury he just suffered seconds before? Pierce heard his knee pop after a 280lb man fell on him, then he felt his knee hurt. He doesn't know whats going on. The doctors and the trainers decided to carry him off and not allow him to put weight on it until they could determine what happened. If Kobe were in the same situation, his doctors and trainers would've done the same.

What in the world would Pierce gain by playing up an injury? He was just getting hot. It could've completely deflated his team. Pierce had never not walked off the court under his own power in his entire life.

The doctors and trainers took every precaution, as they probably should. Thats their job. Maybe it was unnecessary but you don't want a guy to further aggravate an injury because he's too proud to be carried off the floor.

Just to follow up. I think KG is very VERY close to retiring. If they win this I would doubt he would play 2 more years. Maybe 1 but not 2.

Also...you act like Tim Ducan is a banger. Tim Ducan isnt even close to being a banger. He is basically a set shooter in a PF body. He is known for bank shots....not dunking on 3 people or fighting for a rebound.

You rarely see Tim Ducan driving from the arc. That comparison is all types of wrong in my opinion.

[quote name='dafoomie']You seriously think he had the wherewithal to play up an injury he just suffered seconds before? Pierce heard his knee pop after a 280lb man fell on him, then he felt his knee hurt. He doesn't know whats going on. The doctors and the trainers decided to carry him off and not allow him to put weight on it until they could determine what happened. If Kobe were in the same situation, his doctors and trainers would've done the same.

What in the world would Pierce gain by playing up an injury? He was just getting hot. It could've completely deflated his team. Pierce had never not walked off the court under his own power in his entire life.

The doctors and trainers took every precaution, as they probably should. Thats their job. Maybe it was unnecessary but you don't want a guy to further aggravate an injury because he's too proud to be carried off the floor.[/quote]

I say give it a rest. There always be people that think everything is fake. There are still people who think the moon landing was false.

The guy has someone land on him and hears a pop. Thats enough to not walk on it and be carried off. Its only natural to assume the worst whenever a injury occurs. No one really saw him go down so the medical staff did what they thought was best. One inch to the left one inch to the right the injury could have been much worse. They assume the worst and it was turned out not to be. So what?

I really dont understand why lakers fans are making this into a big deal.

The best quote I have seen about that was this one ESPN. Do you think PP was playing it up?

"I am sorry to say. Athletes are not smart enough to play up an injury."

True. There is no athlete that would have someone land on them and within a split second think to themselves...hmm if I roll around on the ground and then get carried off its sure to boost the fans....

[quote name='Soodmeg']Just to follow up. I think KG is very VERY close to retiring. If they win this I would doubt he would play 2 more years. Maybe 1 but not 2.

Also...you act like Tim Ducan is a banger. Tim Ducan isnt even close to being a banger. He is basically a set shooter in a PF body. He is known for bank shots....not dunking on 3 people or fighting for a rebound.

You rarely see Tim Ducan driving from the arc. That comparison is all types of wrong in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

I am not comparing KG to Dwight Howard...you said KG "still leads the the god damn league in rebounds", which is false. It is Dwight Howard.

Yes, you rarely see Duncan drive in from the arc because he does not do that, he positions himself on the low block, something KG should do more often.
TD known as a shooter? No way, he shoots that about 4-5 times a game. Not very good I might add.

If KG is retiring without a ring...not a first ballot hall-of-famer. Even Barkley was a better player than KG, if that is the case.

Soodmeg you said AI does not get to the line as much as he used to and I gave you a stat showing obviously he does. Obviously you pull shit out of your ass because then you turn around and say well that does not mean he is driving to the basket. Obviously he is getting to the hoop the same amount as when he was younger. Getting to the FT line means you get to the hoop. You see more shooting fouls occur in the paint then outside.

I am also not saying all 32 year olds are the same physically. But I don't see where age should be an issue with KG. He has not had any significant injuries. I compared him to Duncan because Duncan is a PF, but I can name you a bunch of guys 30+ that take it to the hoop constantly. No way is age a factor. He has spurts where he takes it to the hoop. He just relies on his jumper way to often. He has always been a guy that took to many jumpers.

Oh and Duncan is a banger. Duncan gets most of his basket in the paint. Yes he can bank a shot here and there, but watch some basketball. Duncan is a pure PF. PF are not supposed to be out on the arc. They are supposed to be INSIDE.

KG has always been more of a jump shooter/passer than a post player and he always will be. He stretches the defense when he's hitting his shot.

I think you'll see KG go inside more in game 4 because of the matchups, I don't think anything short of a double team can stop that.

[quote name='dafoomie']KG has always been more of a jump shooter/passer than a post player and he always will be. He stretches the defense when he's hitting his shot.

I think you'll see KG go inside more in game 4 because of the matchups, I don't think anything short of a double team can stop that.[/QUOTE]

He can take advantage of the Lakers all night inside. There were times Odom was guarding him last night. There is no way Odom can guard Garnett one on one inside the paint. Gasol can do a little bit better than Odom, but he is still no match for KG inside.

To be honest, I don't think KG was ever really a banger. I know he has the height, but he doesn't look like he has the weight to be banging inside with the big boys for 40 plus minutes a night. That being said, the Lakers are pretty soft with Gasol and Odom inside, and he needs to exploit that a little better.

[quote name='DomLando']Soodmeg you said AI does not get to the line as much as he used to and I gave you a stat showing obviously he does. Obviously you pull shit out of your ass because then you turn around and say well that does not mean he is driving to the basket. Obviously he is getting to the hoop the same amount as when he was younger. Getting to the FT line means you get to the hoop. You see more shooting fouls occur in the paint then outside.

I am also not saying all 32 year olds are the same physically. But I don't see where age should be an issue with KG. He has not had any significant injuries. I compared him to Duncan because Duncan is a PF, but I can name you a bunch of guys 30+ that take it to the hoop constantly. No way is age a factor. He has spurts where he takes it to the hoop. He just relies on his jumper way to often. He has always been a guy that took to many jumpers.

Oh and Duncan is a banger. Duncan gets most of his basket in the paint. Yes he can bank a shot here and there, but watch some basketball. Duncan is a pure PF. PF are not supposed to be out on the arc. They are supposed to be INSIDE.[/quote]

No, I did not say AI get more fouls. I dont even care about Free Throws. I never brought that up you did.

I said AI doesnt drive, cross and shake like he used to. Then you said...he goes to the foul line the same. I responded you can get to the foul line in many ways and its not really what I am referring to.

Please make sure you understand what I am saying before accusing me of pulling things outs of my ass.

Also. Tim Ducan is not a banger. I believe we have different views of what a banger is. Tim Ducan is not it at all.

Shaq in his prime was a banger.
Amare is a banger.
D howard is a banger.

Gasol is not a banger and he is in the paint as much as Tim Ducan. (Although much worse)

Also, the PF is suppose to do this and that is a very old style of thinking. We are far from the days of tall people only being able to dunk and lay up.

Dirk, Hedo, Peja, West Wallace and tons of other PF have proved that. The league is getting smaller and faster every year so eventually you are going to have 4 guys on the court that can shoot outside shots with the Center being the only old style player. (in my opinion.)

There are so many combo players in the NBA I dont see how anyone can even make that statement. You have 6 10 guys that can play SG.So how can you see what they are suppose to do? But that is neither here or there.

Simply being on the post doesnt make you a banger. Scoring inside doesnt make you a banger either. Hell being close to 7 ft tall and dunking doesnt make you a banger either. Because just scoring in the paint is something PG/SG/ do on a regular biases. And I dont think I can name more than 4 guard bangers in the league. Tim shoots a hell of a lot of hooks, banks, and double moves. A banger powers through people not goes around them. Tim is a superstar and one of the best PF to play the game but he is no where near a banger.

Again..I think we are just getting caught up on words. In my eyes in order to be a banger you have to be taking off from outside the paint and smashing on people on a regularly basis without any regard.

This is my example of a banger one of my favorite players (to bad he sucks ass most of the time though)

[MEDIA]http://youtube.com/watch?v=MdFy7fODnQo[/MEDIA]

bread's done
Back