The Official 2007/2008 NBA thread

[quote name='dafoomie']PJ Brown was fucking fouled there, and nothing. Nevermind the slap on KG's wrist after a rebound, I don't even expect that call.

You Lakers fans lost all right to complain about officiating. Not that you had any right after 2002.[/QUOTE]

lol, you still pick the fouls when its not called for the Celtics but when its not called for the Lakers you don't say anything. Seriously, give it up. Boston got all the calls in Games 1-2-3, and they still get away with things in this game. I don't know why you only pick Laker games to whine about, NBA refs are the worse in the sports.

[quote name='swetooth9']well i'm just happy people aren't posting complaining about every bad call[/quote]

[quote name='dafoomie']Powe should've been shooting free throws there, they blew that call.[/quote]

[quote name='dafoomie']PJ Brown was fucking fouled there, and nothing. Nevermind the slap on KG's wrist after a rebound, I don't even expect that call.

You Lakers fans lost all right to complain about officiating. Not that you had any right after 2002.[/quote]

i guess i spoke too soon...

[quote name='gokou36']lol, you still pick the fouls when its not called for the Celtics but when its not called for the Lakers you don't say anything. Seriously, give it up. Boston got all the calls in Games 1-2-3, and they still get away with things in this game. I don't know why you only pick Laker games to whine about, NBA refs are the worse in the sports.[/QUOTE]

Lakers got the calls in game 3

Anybody else sick of these half face commercials. It was cool at first but is being beat to death

[quote name='jlarlee']Lakers got the calls in game 3

Anybody else sick of these half face commercials. It was cool at first but is being beat to death[/quote]

Yeah, I feel the same way.

THE GREATEST COMEBACK IN NBA HISTORY IS COMPLETED!

They overcame that 24 point lead, they overcame the spotty officiating, they overcame all odds and straight up took this game away.

Congrats to the Celtics, that was an amazing comeback and this just about wraps up the championship for them, since they go up 3-1 in the most amazing way.

Lakers: Biggest choke job I've ever seen, this team while talented is not mentally tough. I hope there will be rematch next year with Bynum back so we can continue this rivalry.

Sox, Patriots (well sorta) and now the Celtics.
Boston has the teams, too bad they couldn't do a full circle with their Hockey, but they almost did beat the Canadians.

[quote name='dafoomie']THE GREATEST COMEBACK IN NBA HISTORY IS COMPLETED!

They overcame that 24 point lead, they overcame the spotty officiating, they overcame all odds and straight up took this game away.[/quote]

spotty officiating? you're kidding right? this game was the most evenly called game in the series thus far

doesn't take away the fact that it was one of the greatest combacks in nba history though...big props to the celtics...they deserved to win

[quote name='Nelo Ice']hell yeah farmar with the 3!!!!
o yeah btw the lakers wont choke away leads like the celtics

edit:^farmar is near automatic with buzzer beaters and phil knos it =P[/quote]

Whoops.

Unbelievable comeback. Never thought they'd do it.

I would pay a million dollars to have a camera in the Lakers locker room right now.

I'm actually worried Kobe might kill somebody and no i'm not kidding.

Gheeze some of the comments I was reading elsewhere was like the Yankees talking when they had a 3-0 lead in the series and started the infamous choke. Just hope the Celtics can win one of the last 3 games which I'm sure they will.

[quote name='jlarlee']Kobe should have stuck with what worked. Setting up his teammates. As soon as he tried to shoot more the Lakers started losing[/quote]

no, the lakers started sucking, so kobe started shooting...then the celtics got their act together and came back

[quote name='jlarlee']Kobe should have stuck with what worked. Setting up his teammates. As soon as he tried to shoot more the Lakers started losing[/quote]

The turning point to me in the game, was I think the Celtics were down 5? Gasol had a wide open dunk, KG contested it barely, but for a 7 footer, that's an automatic dunk. Should've been an and 1, he missed it, hence the comeback continues.

What a game...wow.

P.S.: Is there a list of European players who are total pussies?

Gasol, Dirk, Radmonovic, Vujacic, Ginobli.

I know there's more...

There was no excuse for losing that game, that should have been a game that was impossible to lose actually.

The one thing that I was amazed by was Ariza's play, that dude was really all over the place, they should have kept him on, he was part of the reason the Lakers were up. It seemed like Odom and Gasol stopped attacking the rim for the most part in the second half, but the Celtics really picked up their defense.

I have always noticed this silently, but the Celtics seem to be able to make comebacks fairly quickly, and just about all their players sans Garnett seem to be able to shoot the three ball pretty well and then move around to open up lanes to the rim.

I'm really disappointed in the Lakers for blowing a lead that big, but they better not just roll over and die in Game 5. Put up a fight, have some pride for goodness sakes.

Epic game, truly epic. You neutral observers and Celtics fans got to see one of the most epic games in the history of the NBA. This is right up there with anything Bird and Magic have done. In 20 years, when the Celtics and Lakers are in the finals (the Celtics and Lakers ARE the finals), you'll be telling stories about this game.

The Perkins injury forced the Celtics to go small, Posey came in for him. Posey is money from the 3 point line. And since the Lakers are smaller up front, they could do that. The C's also didn't have a real point guard for much of the game, Eddie House stepped up big time.

Lakers were up by 24 with the opportunity to tie the series with game 5 in LA. Instead, the Celtics come back and go up 3-1. What a swing.

Paul Pierce needs to be shot, j/k it was a good game. But I wonder if he's such a good player, how come he never led his team anywhere like Kobe and KG did? He had his chance with Walker. I mean KG and T-wolves were pretty bad even with Cassel/Sprewell and they still manager to go pretty far. Kobe's taken his team place with him leading the way. McGrady took the Magic to the playoffs by himself.

You know as I said earlier KG deserves to win big time, Allen a little, (all he can do is shoot) but Pierce doesn't deserve jack, I don't think he's much of a leader or player for that matter. He gets more credit then he's worth, and if something was to happen to Garnett the Celtics would fall apart.

Bring on the flame attacks

[quote name='kube00']You know as I said earlier KG deserves to win big time, Allen a little, (all he can do is shoot) but Pierce doesn't deserve jack, I don't think he's much of a leader or player for that matter. He gets more credit then he's worth, and if something was to happen to Garnett the Celtics would fall apart.

Bring on the flame attacks[/QUOTE]
Seriously?

Paul Pierce is the one leading this team, KG is huge, they would not be anywhere near here without him, he is their rock and their consistent force on D and with the rebounds, but he has stepped into the secondary role he's more comfortable with. Paul Pierce is the motherfucking truth, and he is leading this team to the championship. He is the man on this team. Him and Ray Allen are the MVP candidates right now, but right now its Pierce. He's doing all this with that fucked up knee.

Pierce led that horrid team to the conference finals in 02. That team had nothing, nothing at all, but Pierce and Walker. And we saw how Walker did without Pierce. Walker is one of those guys with such a confused skillset that he can't really play one role or another, he's better as a tweener on a bad team. As much as I like and appreciate Walker for what he did for us, there is a reason why Danny Ainge could not wait to get rid of his ass.

[quote name='kube00']Paul Pierce needs to be shot, j/k it was a good game. But I wonder if he's such a good player, how come he never led his team anywhere like Kobe and KG did? He had his chance with Walker. I mean KG and T-wolves were pretty bad even with Cassel/Sprewell and they still manager to go pretty far. Kobe's taken his team place with him leading the way. McGrady took the Magic to the playoffs by himself.

You know as I said earlier KG deserves to win big time, Allen a little, (all he can do is shoot) but Pierce doesn't deserve jack, I don't think he's much of a leader or player for that matter. He gets more credit then he's worth, and if something was to happen to Garnett the Celtics would fall apart.

Bring on the flame attacks[/QUOTE]

That 2002 team was trash besides Pierce and Walker there was nobody. Rodney Rogers was the third best player. Pierce deserves this ring as much as anybody. He could have been a little bitch like Kobe and asked for a trade, but he stayed the course on some very bad teams.

Pierce might not have Kobe talent but he is a better Man in every other way. I guarantee Pierce would have coexisted with Shaq. What perimeter player in his right mind would want to drive shaq out of town

Is it just me or is Pierce not human? He got stabbed 11 times back in 2000 and managed to play all the games. In game 1 he fucked up his leg and managed to shoot those 3's afterwards.

So can we all please be in agreement that that the role players of the lakers were the most over hyped crew since Halo 3?

I have always said those guys were nothing but bums and had to listen to lakers fans (laCker?....what the hell does that even mean?) talk about how they are the deepest bench in the NBA. Get the hell out of here.

Those guys are only good for hitting open 3's due to kobes double and thats it.

Also without starting a whole big thing again. This series proves exactly why Kobe DID NOT even closely deserve MVP. Kobe is still the same old ball hogging showman he always was. The only thing that is different for this season is by god damn blind luck the people around him got better. That and they were gifted Gasol out of no where.

Kobe can not win a championship because Kobe can not lead a team. He is choking badly, then getting frustrated and not trusting his team. Although I can fully understand beacuse your bench players suck complete as. But its the bottom line. As good as Kobe is...he can not win unless he has an all star cast around him.....and even then you have a good chance of him choking it away because of how selfish he is.

This series is best player vs best team. Kobe is the best player, the Celtics are the best team. And we're seeing it play out.

The Celtics bench is vastly superior and I said it going into this series. The Lakers got one game out of Vujacic, thats it. Posey, House, and P.J. Brown have been major contributors throughout the playoffs, and they got a nice game out of Leon Powe too.

I have to wonder why they don't start Turiaf instead of Radmanovic, he's trash. Turiaf is their only legit big. Obviously he wouldn't be the small forward, you'd move Odom there and you could put Gasol as the PF if Turiaf needs to be the 5, but Radmanovic can't guard anybody and brings nothing offensively. What the hell does he do besides take 3 fouls in 30 seconds?

[quote name='ph33r m3']P.S.: Is there a list of European players who are total pussies?

I know there's more...[/QUOTE]

How is Manu a pussy?

Flopping?
He has won a championship in everything he has played in...European leagues, Olympics, NBA.
No one on your list can even come close.

I hope the Celtics celebrate the championship on the Staples Center floor, right in the Lakers
faces.
Gasoft earns his nickname on the Allen drive.

[quote name='ph33r m3']P.S.: Is there a list of European players who are total pussies?

I know there's more...[/quote]

Their not Euro's but you might as well add

Odom, Farmar and Walton.

Those guys are mad pussies. All of them weak all of them cant be trusted as far as you can throw them.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I have to go back to it again because I called it.

This series will be less about superstars and more about role players.

If you know the game of basketball you know that no matter how good 1 player is you still need 3-5 more role players to win championships. The lakers do not have those players. Where as Boston does.

PJ, Perkins, Posey and when Doc stop being pissed at House even him.

[quote name='Soodmeg']I had to listen to lakers fans (laCker?....what the hell does that even mean?) talk about how they are the deepest bench in the NBA.[/quote]

lack
deficiency or absence of something needed, desirable, or customary: lack of money; lack of skill.

[quote name='dafoomie']This series is best player vs best team. Kobe is the best player, the Celtics are the best team. And we're seeing it play out.

The Celtics bench is vastly superior and I said it going into this series. The Lakers got one game out of Vujacic, thats it. Posey, House, and P.J. Brown have been major contributors throughout the playoffs, and they got a nice game out of Leon Powe too.

I have to wonder why they don't start Turiaf instead of Radmanovic, he's trash. Turiaf is their only legit big. Obviously he wouldn't be the small forward, you'd move Odom there and you could put Gasol as the PF if Turiaf needs to be the 5, but Radmanovic can't guard anybody and brings nothing offensively. What the hell does he do besides take 3 fouls in 30 seconds?[/quote]

the only thing he does is offense (open 3's), but yea he is a fouling machine

oh well, i always wanted KG to get a ring and now's his chance

and LOL @ pierce not being that good of a player...he's up there with the tmac, lebron, and kobe in skill level...he's just not as popular as the 3 for some reason

[quote name='unforeseen']How is Manu a pussy?

Flopping?
He has won a championship in everything he has played in...European leagues, Olympics, NBA.

I hope the Celtics celebrate the championship on the Staples Center floor, right in the Lakers
faces.
Gasoft earns his nickname on the Allen drive.[/quote]

Manu is a fucking bitch you know it and everyone else knows it.

Your a manu fan fine but dont play like he is anything but a complete and utter pussy.

He flops each and every game...he cries about everything that doesnt go his way, he cant play defense without hacking the guy to bloody stumps.

And most importantly if the NBA had the balls to actually protect defenders this dolt would foul out of every game beacuse he is one of the most OUT OF CONTROL drivers I have ever seen.

He charges the lane flailing all over the place, trying to bump into as many people as possible and when he feels contact he propels himself away screaming bloody murder.

He gets no respect from me or anyone else. I hope he breaks both his legs for shaming basketball so much.

fuck manu. Lets watch.

[MEDIA]http://youtube.com/watch?v=9DOUyxvp9bI[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA]http://youtube.com/watch?v=EdYWUdS6M-s&feature=related[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA]http://youtube.com/watch?v=fEef1T_lqwA[/MEDIA]

[quote name='swetooth9']and LOL @ pierce not being that good of a player...he's up there with the tmac, lebron, and kobe in skill level...he's just not as popular as the 3 for some reason[/QUOTE]
Because he played in Boston and didn't get much media attention. Happens with mediocre teams.

His game is completely misunderstood, even Doc Rivers didn't understand him at all at first.

[quote name='dafoomie']Because he played in Boston and didn't get much media attention. Happens with mediocre teams.

His game is completely misunderstood, even Doc Rivers didn't understand him at all at first.[/quote]

i mean boston is a pretty big market...the sixers were mediocre with iverson on it (except the year they want to the finals) but he is exponentially more popular...

maybe pierce just got a bad draw in the "household name" game

[quote name='dafoomie']Epic game, truly epic. You neutral observers and Celtics fans got to see one of the most epic games in the history of the NBA. This is right up there with anything Bird and Magic have done. In 20 years, when the Celtics and Lakers are in the finals (the Celtics and Lakers ARE the finals), you'll be telling stories about this game.

The Perkins injury forced the Celtics to go small, Posey came in for him. Posey is money from the 3 point line. And since the Lakers are smaller up front, they could do that. The C's also didn't have a real point guard for much of the game, Eddie House stepped up big time.

Lakers were up by 24 with the opportunity to tie the series with game 5 in LA. Instead, the Celtics come back and go up 3-1. What a swing.[/quote]

I don't know if it's one of the greatest games in history. I'd rate it the 3rd best in the playoffs so far, I mean Game 1 of Phoenix vs. Spurs was one of the greatest games i've ever seen. Hell, it's probably the greatest. The 2nd was Game 7 Cavs vs Celtics. Pierce vs Bron. Nuff said.

This was just Lakers playing amazing 1st half ball, Celtics playing amazing 2nd half ball.

[quote name='unforeseen']How is Manu a pussy?

Flopping?

faces.
Gasoft earns his nickname on the Allen drive.[/quote]

Manu's a bitch/pussy.

[quote name='swetooth9']the only thing he does is offense (open 3's), but yea he is a fouling machine

oh well, i always wanted KG to get a ring and now's his chance

and LOL @ pierce not being that good of a player...he's up there with the tmac, lebron, and kobe in skill level...he's just not as popular as the 3 for some reason[/quote]

I wouldn't say he's on a Kobe/Bron level, but i'd agree he's on the 2nd-tier level with T-Mac.

Whooo all the energy is just sucked out of the Lakers now

Kobe at the Post-game conference was asked how they would get over this game, he said "wine and beer", at least 20 shots, digest it, and come back to work tomorrow.

Great idea.

Obviously you can pretty much count them out, and with the attitude they have right now, I'm looking at them getting blown out by at least 25 points :/
They really have no one to blame but themselves. I'm pulling for them to get over it quick though, I'd rather see them fight then just give up.

Can't believe I missed this great comeback. I watched until halftime and turned it off thinking it would be a blow out :(. Now I need to find a place where I can watch the whole game over again.

[quote name='kube00']Paul Pierce needs to be shot, j/k it was a good game. But I wonder if he's such a good player, how come he never led his team anywhere like Kobe and KG did? He had his chance with Walker. I mean KG and T-wolves were pretty bad even with Cassel/Sprewell and they still manager to go pretty far. Kobe's taken his team place with him leading the way. McGrady took the Magic to the playoffs by himself.

Bring on the flame attacks[/quote]

I'm neither a Celtic nor Lakers fan...

Part of the reason Pierce only led the Celtics to one conference finals before was because Danny Ainge really screwed up that team with the moves he made until he brought KG and Allen in. You can't fault Pierce at all for roster issues.

[quote name='ph33r m3']I don't know if it's one of the greatest games in history. I'd rate it the 3rd best in the playoffs so far, I mean Game 1 of Phoenix vs. Spurs was one of the greatest games i've ever seen. Hell, it's probably the greatest. The 2nd was Game 7 Cavs vs Celtics. Pierce vs Bron. Nuff said.

This was just Lakers playing amazing 1st half ball, Celtics playing amazing 2nd half ball.

Manu's a bitch/pussy.

I wouldn't say he's on a Kobe/Bron level, but i'd agree he's on the 2nd-tier level with T-Mac.[/quote]

yea, i meant that he was up there with the big boys with the skill-set he has...but he just doesn't have the killer instinct of kobe or the explosiveness of lebron

bread's done
Back