The Official 2007/2008 NBA thread

What boggles my mind about the Lakers is their ability to completely change their style of play for absolutely no reason and allow a team to come back.

I understand that the Celtics never gave up and kept fighting, but the Lakers stopped their aggressiveness in the second half, Odom and Gasol stopped attacking the rim for the most part. They've been doing this the whole series but in all the other playoff series they have never done this. Yea, the Celtics have great defense, but that doesn't mean the Lakers just stop a gameplan that was completely dominating to revert to playing the Celtics at half-court, which is exactly how their defense thrives.

I just don't get it...

Oh, and another thing, Ariza was playing his heart out, and that was a key motivational tool in the Lakers staying dominant, and I don't understand why he didn't have more minutes (He only played 9 minutes!). He basically was playing with the same kind of intensity and heart that the Celtics have, and that is exactly what the Lakers needed. Had they played him more, things probably would not have gone the way they went. It was the little things like this that left me confused.

I'm glad I stuck around to watch the rest of the game. What a comeback indeed. The first quarter was pretty much all Lakers, their offense was in full swing and the Celtics D was still trying to jump start. I'm amazed though that the Celtics started chipping away at that humongous lead. The Lakers defense was pretty much non existant.

I still have no idea why Phil Jackson likes to play small. Vujajic and Farmar are pretty much random variables. Vujajic can get into a shooting rhythm, but often can't create numbers whenever they're being pressured or are down. Farmar is just crap, nice shot though before half time.

Gasol seems like an intelligent player, but it always looks like he has no power. I've never seen him jump more than a foot off the ground and his defense is just weak. He just plain looks like a giant limp noodle, especially when he's guarding Garnett.

Odom was doing an excellent job in the first part of the game, even doing things he's not really known for like shooting. I felt he was having a great game, or a great start to say the least.

Phil Jackson or his connection with his team has just gone to the crapper. They wasted that time out and why did he not have Fisher and Odom in the court instead of Vujajic and whoever else was in there. Fisher was also pretty scary in the beginning of the game.

Walton can't do shit, especially whenever KG is standing in front of him, and likes to literally push those smaller than him. Turiaf is a greasy ass mofo, his prescence as a center just feels so sloppy and ineffective. Ariza is awesome, he's probably hustling harder than anyone on the Lakers for that matter.

Also, back to Vujajic... Why does he play dirty and start to cry towards the end. He's just getting annoying, flopping on slight nudges (I swear he grew his hair out just to do that), wrapping up Ray Allen with his legs right in front of the ref, and only making shots whenever his team has the momentum. He really can't do anything without his team. I'd say the only players on the Lakers that can single handedly change momentum would be Kobe or Fisher, with their critical shot choices.

Back to Boston, they played bad defense in the beginning of course. They actually started to play like a team towards the end. Doing things like getting critical rebounds, spreading the floor to allow easy lay ups and having players other than the big three put up fantastic numbers all while maintaining composure until the end of the game.

Posey was great shooting from the field and all around helping his team.

Ray Allen seems to be getting into his rhythm and looks more versatile as a player than he was a couple years ago (he's been going to the board for layups more often).

KG should attack the paint more, since that seems to be where he has had more success. His jump shooting has been unreliable in the last two games.

Paul Pierce is just a great leader overall for the Celtics, his knee almost seems like a non-factor.
Powe and Brown, although they aren't putting up incredible numbers and pitching in there for the team.

Eddie House is great as well. I've always been saying they put in House instead of Rondo. Especially with Rondo's minor injury. Whenever House was in, the Celtics would usually go on a scoring run. Tough luck for Perkins.

Overall, the Boston defense was sound throughout the latter part of the game. Doc Rivers has been making great decisions through out the game as well. I think it's safe to say many people are expecting a Boston win on Sunday.

There are a couple of things that changed the game at the half.

Pierce asked Doc if he could cover Kobe in the 2nd half. He did, and Pierce did an outstanding job. Freed up Ray Allen (who played all 48 minutes) to cover other perimeter shooters, solving the problem of the Lakers constantly finding the open man.

Doc adjusted to what the Lakers were doing on defense by going small. He took out Rondo and Perkins (Perk later got hurt and made this change permanent), and put in Eddie House and James Posey. All 5 guys on the floor were excellent shooters, 4 of them good 3 point shooters, and it created a ton of space on offense. They kept Garnett near the paint and often had the other 4 on the perimeter. The Lakers couldn't deal with it. I never thought I'd see the day where Phil Jackson is soundly outcoached by Doc Rivers, but there you have it.

ray allen waving off KG to go one on one with sasha and hitting the left handed layup was my favorite play of the game. simply awesome.

The gist of a great article:
Paul Pierce asked his coach for the toughest assignment in the NBA.

“I want Kobe,” he told Doc Rivers. “Give me Kobe.”

The locker room was stunned. Yes, this is a prideful defensive team where guys make these kinds of requests, but he wants Kobe? Nobody wants Kobe. Certainly not when the game was all but lost anyway.

“That got everybody hyped up,” said Leon Powe.

The third quarter started with a surge of Celtics energy. Then Pierce delivered a huge block of Bryant, right in front of the Boston bench, that sent hopes soaring. With each defensive possession, Pierce’s presence grew and the Lakers’ lead shrunk. He muscled Bryant sometimes, stayed in front of him all the time and even found time to find his own offensive game.

By the fourth quarter, with the deficit erased, Bryant still in single digits and Pierce heaving in exhaustion, Rivers figured the point was made. He tried to switch the pressure off of Pierce, send a trap of two or three guys to handle the MVP.

And Pierce, hands on his shorts and breathing heavy in the huddle, would have none of it.

“He told Doc, ‘No, no, I got him. I got him. Just show, don’t trap. Don’t go messing up our whole defense to just get the ball out of his hands. Just show and I’m going to go get him,’ ” Powe said.

He got them. Boston 97, Los Angeles 91 in an historic, gritty comeback – the biggest in NBA Finals history – putting the Celtics on the verge, up 3-1 with a Father’s Day closeout here looming.

Maybe the standards aren’t fair, but no one said being a Celtics captain is easy. Give me Kobe? Yes, that’s what Russell would have said. That’s a Havlicek move. Bird. Cousy. Cowens. D.J. or Maxwell. That’s what Celtics do, the guys with those numbers hanging from the rafters, right next to the championships they won.

“He dug deep,” said P.J. Brown. “In that second half, you could just look at him and see it. He wanted this. He wanted this bad.

“It was like, ‘This is my time; I’m leaving this on the floor.’ ”

Up and down the roster the whole mood changed with his repeated requests. If anything, Pierce should have been sulking. He’d been terrible since the series shifted to his old hometown. He was 4 for 20 from the floor in a game and a half here. In the first quarter alone Thursday, his plus/minus was an appalling negative 21.

But here he was; stepping up, standing up, even if this game looked like it would be one long embarrassment.

“When he started guarding Kobe, I think he just started competing,” said Ray Allen. “I mean, he had been competing, but you could see he just went up another level. … It took for Paul to say, ‘Let me guard him.’ When he said that, I knew.”

Pierce didn’t score all the points – although he finished with 20 to Bryant’s 17. He didn’t grab all the rebounds or make all the stops. But he led the charge for a relentless pack of believers.

He was the catalyst of a victory that will go down as legend even for the league’s most legendary franchise.

“That’s how you do it,” he screamed again and again. “That’s how you do it.”

That’s how Celtics’ greats have done it forever.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_y...g=dw-lalbosgamefour061308&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

[quote name='ananag112']Anyone know where I can watch the game? I really want to watch the second half.[/QUOTE]
Saturday at 8pm on ESPN Classic.

Also, sportleech.net will have it in a few days, but not before the ESPN rebroadcast.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Manu is a fucking bitch you know it and everyone else knows it.

Your a manu fan fine but dont play like he is anything but a complete and utter pussy.

He flops each and every game...he cries about everything that doesnt go his way, he cant play defense without hacking the guy to bloody stumps.

And most importantly if the NBA had the balls to actually protect defenders this dolt would foul out of every game beacuse he is one of the most OUT OF CONTROL drivers I have ever seen.

He charges the lane flailing all over the place, trying to bump into as many people as possible and when he feels contact he propels himself away screaming bloody murder.

He gets no respect from me or anyone else. I hope he breaks both his legs for shaming basketball so much.

fuck manu. Lets watch.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9DOUyxvp9bI

http://youtube.com/watch?v=EdYWUdS6M-s&feature=related

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fEef1T_lqwA[/QUOTE]

Manu does what the league lets players get away with. Luckily, the NBA will start fining players for flopping...this will cut down on the obvious floppers.

I want to see how Manu plays this season with the flopping fines before I pass judgement.

Out of control drivers?? So what....he has an unorthrox playing style. Driving and intitialing contact is what it is all about. Other "soft" players shy away from that.

Manu get no respect from anyone else?? Sixth man award...yeah right. You would love him to be on your team. Also, why would you want to wish injury to someone else?
I am probably the biggest Laker hater but I do not wish injury on any of the Lakers...only defeat.

[quote name='docvinh']How come nobody is riding Kobe's ass about playing shitty? He was what, like 4 for 20, that's awful.[/QUOTE]
Paul Pierce shut him down, thats why. He played stifling defense on him, thats why he's probably going to be the MVP. The only MVP that matters, anyway.

The Celtics played one of the best defensive halves ever last night.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCItRZlAmj8[/media]

[quote name='swetooth9']yea, i meant that he was up there with the big boys with the skill-set he has...but he just doesn't have the killer instinct of kobe or the explosiveness of lebron[/quote]

Dude's been an All-Star a couple times (5?) so he's been recognized as one of the top players in the NBA for a while. If I had to "rank" him i'd put him in the Top 15...maybe in the 11-15 range.

[quote name='dafoomie']Saturday at 8pm on ESPN Classic.

Also, sportleech.net will have it in a few days, but not before the ESPN rebroadcast.[/QUOTE]

Thanks

[quote name='ph33r m3']Dude's been an All-Star a couple times (5?) so he's been recognized as one of the top players in the NBA for a while. If I had to "rank" him i'd put him in the Top 15...maybe in the 11-15 range.[/QUOTE]
Pierce is definitely top 15. 2nd best small forward in the NBA behind LeBron.

GREAT matchup when those two went head to head, especially in game 7 when they both dropped 40+.

[quote name='unforeseen']Manu does what the league lets players get away with. Luckily, the NBA will start fining players for flopping...this will cut down on the obvious floppers.

I want to see how Manu plays this season with the flopping fines before I pass judgement.

Out of control drivers?? So what....he has an unorthrox playing style. Driving and intitialing contact is what it is all about. Other "soft" players shy away from that.

Manu get no respect from anyone else?? Sixth man award...yeah right. You would love him to be on your team. Also, why would you want to wish injury to someone else?
I am probably the biggest Laker hater but I do not wish injury on any of the Lakers...only defeat.[/quote]

No I wouldnt want that douche bag on my team at all.

His sixth man of the award is bullshit also. He is not a 6 man as much as I hate him he is a starter that just by blind luck is on the bench for a few fucking seconds.

Wow six man award...who is he going up against? fucking Klye Kover, JR Smith, Josh Childress, Jason Terry and Barbosa.

Give me a fucking break here. He is like the smartest kid with down syndrome.

It would be like putting Shaq on a middle school team and then dancing when he wins the rebound title. Put ginflopi against other real starters and he is clearly the biggest pussy bitch on the planet.

[quote name='Soodmeg']No I wouldnt want that douche bag on my team at all.

His sixth man of the award is bullshit also. He is not a 6 man as much as I hate him he is a starter that just by blind luck is on the bench for a few fucking seconds.

Wow six man award...who is he going up against? fucking Klye Kover, JR Smith, Josh Childress, Jason Terry and Barbosa.

Give me a fucking break here. He is like the smartest kid with down syndrome.

It would be like putting Shaq on a middle school team and then dancing when he wins the rebound title. Put ginflopi against other real starters and he is clearly the biggest pussy bitch on the planet.[/QUOTE]

Damn. That is some harsh shit man.

You were the one saying how vital a bench is to a team.

Your quote:
"Having a superstar on your team gets through through the Regular season while selling tickets and jersey. But in a 7 game series vs the same team over and over it becomes more about the players around the superstar."

"Put ginflopi against other real starters and he is clearly the biggest pussy bitch on the planet."
That is funny though since Ginobili plays against the starters of other teams and still does well so that argument is not valid.

On the Finals:

Good job Celtics. All the homers in L.A. are calling for the head of Phil Jackson...the most overrated/overpaid ($12 million a year) coach today.
Laker fans have 365 excuses on why they lost or why it should not matter...
1. The refs.
2. With Bynum next year, Boston is dead meat.
3. Jet lag.
4. Kobe was busy cheating on his wife.
5. Ariza was hurt.
6. Lakers were not given a chance at the beginning of the season, look how far we have come.
7. Kobe was tired raping hotel attendants.
8. Smog in LA.
9. Gasoft needed to be just a "little" bit more aggressive tonight.
10. We will trade Luke Walton for Ron Artest straight up.
Goes on and on.....

Hey dafoomie,
there is a LA sports talk guy by the name of Vic the Brick Jacobs out here that calls KG "gutless" over the airwaves. He called KG's abdominal strain a stomach ache and said KG could not handle the intensity of Laker basketball (why he chose Boston instead of LA). I am sure you are happy about that. :)

I saw that guy on TV once, he struck me as just a fast, loud talker that didn't offer any insight or information. Plus I think every sports radio host in LA goes by "The Brick". Kind of reminded me of a fat Brucie from GTA4, without the money, muscles, and sports cars.

The Celtics have been relatively injury free until the finals. Rondo's whole game is his quickness so that ankle sprain almost ends his series. Perkins had the ankle and now the shoulder, probably won't play. And of course Pierce, who is playing through a legitimate injury.

Bynum was dominated earlier in the year by Perkins, bring him back. If anything I see them trying to unload Odom for a small forward. Maybe Memphis will gift them Rudy Gay for Chris Mihm.

[quote name='unforeseen']Damn. That is some harsh shit man.

You were the one saying how vital a bench is to a team.

Your quote:
"Having a superstar on your team gets through through the Regular season while selling tickets and jersey. But in a 7 game series vs the same team over and over it becomes more about the players around the superstar."

"Put ginflopi against other real starters and he is clearly the biggest pussy bitch on the planet."
That is funny though since Ginobili plays against the starters of other teams and still does well so that argument is not valid.
[/quote]

I dont get what your point is.

Yes having a bench is vital....Ginflopi is a vital part of the spurs (I refuse to call him a bench player because he is clearly not) You said..."but he won the six man award"

What I was saying is put ginflopi up against other starters for an award was my point. Again...ginflopi who is a clear starter was up against bums of the NBA. As the list above states. Put ginflopi up against other starters in the NBA for an award and he is no where close to winning anything.

Where was he on the MPV list? No where. Scoring title? No where near the top. (he is actually 37th behind guys like Monta Ellis, Danny Granger) Steals? No, Assist? No. Rebounds? No.

Compare Manu to any other starter in the NBA and he is very very average. The only reason he won the 6th man was because he is clearly above the "coming of the bench" level but nothing more than that.

Again its like putting a 6'2 12 yeard old against his 5'8 counter parts and gloating about how he won the rebound award.

Manu is not even in the running for any of the big boy awards so he picks out 6th man awards over sub par guys. Lets say......Allen Iverson came off the bench..do you think Manu would have a hells chance of winning that award? No.

All of that with his bitchassness of flopping and crying and spinning in a circule like an idiot and you have nothing but a pussy.

[quote name='Soodmeg']All of that with his bitchassness of flopping and crying and spinning in a circule like an idiot and you have nothing but a pussy.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like he should have been an MLS Soccer player. :lol: I kid I kid!

[quote name='Nelo Ice']hell yeah farmar with the 3!!!!
o yeah btw the lakers wont choke away leads like the celtics

edit:^farmar is near automatic with buzzer beaters and phil knos it =P[/QUOTE]

Haha, man, what was this person thinking when he posted this comment

Lakers are a bunch of whiny bitches...... they are a bunch of girly girls who con't like contact and would much rather shoot jumpshots........ it's like that WNBA commercial where that dyke says " Us girls don't like to go inside, we just shoot jumpshots. We don't like contact and the local YMCA team could beat us".... .. to me, the Lakers should be using that commercial to advertise themselves.

[quote name='daphatty']Sounds like he should have been an MLS Soccer player. :lol: I kid I kid![/quote]

Well you guys know how much I love soccer. Its leaps and bounds in front of any other sports as for as entertainment.

You guys gloat that New York and Boston have some pussy ass rivalry where as in soccer firms fight on a regularly basis and people get stabbed in the crowed.

But if Floppy did play a soccer team it would be Italy beacuse those guys are some straight bitches with their flops.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Well you guys know how much I love soccer. Its leaps and bounds in front of any other sports as for as entertainment.

You guys gloat that New York and Boston have some pussy ass rivalry where as in soccer firms fight on a regularly basis and people get stabbed in the crowed.

But if Floppy did play a soccer team it would be Italy beacuse those guys are some straight bitches with their flops.[/QUOTE]

A co-worker was telling me that any soccer match in Nigeria would result in X deaths and XXX injuries suffered by the fans.

That is some crazy shit.
No thanks, I prefer to stick to the "pussier" sport, basketball.

Someone mentioned Pierce on the same level as Tmac....no, if I recall Tmac took his team (the magic) to the playoffs with almost no help...and what has Pierce done in that aspect?

He's been loyal sticking with a crappy ass team all these years until this year, when they do go. He never wanted to be traded, wonder why?

As for the Spurs, they have some depth which makes them a good team. And just remember the Hawks, who suck something terrible (They have bibby who cares?)took Celtics to game 7 in the first round. So something was off with the Celtics game, or pretty much they showed they can suck even with 3 superstars.

I rest my case

Someone please cripple Pierce along the lines of what happen to Webber.

[quote name='kube00']Someone mentioned Pierce on the same level as Tmac....no, if I recall Tmac took his team (the magic) to the playoffs with almost no help...and what has Pierce done in that aspect? [/QUOTE]
He took his team to the ECF pretty much by himself. When did T-Mac ever get past the first round? Oh, thats right, NEVER.

Pierce at halftime told his coach that he wanted Kobe. “I want Kobe,” “Give me Kobe.” He took responsibility for Kobe and shut him down, allowing his team to stop doubling him and cover everyone else, instead of getting burned by the open man as they had been in the first half.

So you're absolutely right, Pierce and T-Mac are not on the same level. Pierce is far and away better. Now run along kid.

I'd have to agree with dafoomie. I mean how the hell did Kobe not do well?... It was definitely because of Pierce's awesome defense. He did much better at guarding Kobe than Shane Battier did, and Shane was doing an awesome job at guarding him. Pierce is just great overall as a captain. Usually when you have a bunch of "stars" together, it goes to the shitters. Look at the Lakers when they had fucking Karl Malone and Gary Payton (I hate those two by the way), they fucking choked.

[quote name='option.iv']I'd have to agree with dafoomie. I mean how the hell did Kobe not do well?... It was definitely because of Pierce's awesome defense. He did much better at guarding Kobe than Shane Battier did, and Shane was doing an awesome job at guarding him. Pierce is just great overall as a captain. Usually when you have a bunch of "stars" together, it goes to the shitters. Look at the Lakers when they had fucking Karl Malone and Gary Payton (I hate those two by the way), they fucking choked.[/quote]

Agreed.

And I RARELY ever say this or bring this out. But most of you simply are just haters beacuse you are completely ignoring the obvious.

Honestly....how can you say that PP is not a superstar? Not only does he have to guard the highest scoring player in the NBA (and very much keeping him in check) he is leading is team and getting wins.

He has played great through out the play offs...even when he struggle he was still playing great.

I dont understand how you can say PP isnt a great player...I dont see how any can even doubt Boston even after they complete the largest comeback in NBA history...and got give me that excuse that it was the Lakers beating themselves its a bullshit cop out.

How many times do we have to watch Kobe bust a crazy ass shot...only to see Perice shot a equally as crazy shot in the very next possession. Kobe has gotten his ass busted more than a few times by paul.

EDIT: Matter a fact why are we not talking about how shitty Kobe is? He obviously is not a superstar......all he is, is a guy who can score the ball. Cant lead a team, Chokes in the final, doesnt trust his team, ball hogs and tries to take over games he feels are slipping away only to further cause his team to lose and tries is fucking best to run players out of LA lets not forget that he ran the most dominate center of our time off of his team.

I mean...what the fuck here? You want to play the Perice is not good game....the door swings both ways lets start talking about how Kobe is completely over rated and only good for scoring and as we are watching now scoring simply does not equal championship.

I like how everyone forget that he wanted Bynum and farmar out of LA and said that vlad and vulic suck. Then magically out of no where all of you dumbass laker fans (not directed at anyone in the thread) start acting like he is the ultimate team player. Yeah a team player...only after noticing that Bynum got better in the off season. Then in crush time he revert right back to the old Kobe ball hogging and throwing up bad shots. The only reason why he isnt getting those to fall is beacuse Perice is guarding him.

Seriously. Boston hater are crazy.

[quote name='Soodmeg']

I like how everyone forget that he wanted Bynum and farmar out of LA and said that vlad and vulic suck. Then magically out of no where all of you dumbass laker fans (not directed at anyone in the thread) start acting like he is the ultimate team player. Yeah a team player...only after noticing that Bynum got better in the off season. Then in crush time he revert right back to the old Kobe ball hogging and throwing up bad shots. The only reason why he isnt getting those to fall is beacuse Perice is guarding him.

Seriously. Boston hater are crazy.[/QUOTE]

Man, Kobe is one of those players that when times are good, he's the perfect angel..... but when times are bad, he blames everyone but himself....... I don't understand how his teammates could play with someone like that...... I bet they all hate him but he doesn't care.... Kobe only cares about himself and his make-up caked wife ( and of course female hotel workers ).

How is Kobe a good player/role model/teammate?
-Accused of rape - admits to having an affair
-Talks smack about his organization and his teammates
-Pushes Shaq out of L.A.
-Chokes on the biggest stage of the NBA

Great person/player Kobe is.......... the lakers remind me of the Mavs with more drama.

I had a feeling the Lakers were going to lose the game even with a 24 point lead. I told my friend at half time that Kobe better step up. He tells me Kobe didn't need to because the other players were aggressive. So much for everyone else being aggressive in the 2nd half. There is no guaranteed win with a huge lead in the NBA.

Kobe didn't push Shaq out of LA. Shaq is a raging homo who disses his old teammates after he leaves them. I agree with him, Farmar needs to go, he sux ass.

[quote name='bostonfrontier']Man, Kobe is one of those players that when times are good, he's the perfect angel..... but when times are bad, he blames everyone but himself.......[/QUOTE]
Kobe might be the best scorer in the NBA, but his attitude is poisonous.

Shaq was great for them because he could tell Kobe to shut the fuck up.

Dafoomie, I agree Pierce should be in the top 25, but 2nd best foward. You are giving him more credit then he deserves. I think Marion, Anthony, Josh Smith, deserve a spot in there as well, most likely before Pierce (well maybe not Anthony).

[quote name='dafoomie']Kobe might be the best scorer in the NBA, but his attitude is poisonous.

Shaq was great for them because he could tell Kobe to shut the fuck up.[/quote]

Kobe told him to shut the fuck up back.

I think what makes it hard for 'great' players like a Jordan and Kobe to get along with teammates on a more 'buddy buddy' level is because when your great your in this mindset. "I'm better than him and always will be". It's understandable for Kobe to be pissed, when he's hitting shots and passes wide open bunnies to Vujacic/Walton/Radmonovic and sees them miss. Why should he pass the ball?

Honestly, i'd be more comfortable seeing Kobe shoot 60+ times then 20 times and him dishing to them. It'll never happen but i'd say Kobe would make more shots.

[quote name='bostonfrontier']Man, Kobe is one of those players that when times are good, he's the perfect angel..... but when times are bad, he blames everyone but himself....... I don't understand how his teammates could play with someone like that...... I bet they all hate him but he doesn't care.... Kobe only cares about himself and his make-up caked wife ( and of course female hotel workers ).

How is Kobe a good player/role model/teammate?
-Accused of rape - admits to having an affair
-Talks smack about his organization and his teammates
-Pushes Shaq out of L.A.
-Chokes on the biggest stage of the NBA

Great person/player Kobe is.......... the lakers remind me of the Mavs with more drama.[/quote]

I wouldn't say he chokes on the biggest stage, he's averaged near enough 30 points in a game in the playoffs. Dropped 36 in Game 3, and was the only one willing to take the shots at the end of Game 4 and nearly got them back. Kobe nailed two key jumpers at the end of Game 4 to draw it within 3. Then Ray Allen went pass Vujacic.

Kobe's a killer, it's just one of those games, shots don't fall your way.

[quote name='ph33r m3']Kobe told him to shut the fuck up back.

I think what makes it hard for 'great' players like a Jordan and Kobe to get along with teammates on a more 'buddy buddy' level is because when your great your in this mindset. "I'm better than him and always will be". It's understandable for Kobe to be pissed, when he's hitting shots and passes wide open bunnies to Vujacic/Walton/Radmonovic and sees them miss. Why should he pass the ball?

Honestly, i'd be more comfortable seeing Kobe shoot 60+ times then 20 times and him dishing to them. It'll never happen but i'd say Kobe would make more shots.[/QUOTE]
My point is that Kobe wasn't seen as the leader of that team, Shaq was. The other guys looked to Shaq. Kobe could just play.

Part of leadership is holding guys accountable, but its not bitching people out non stop for shit that might not have even been their fault. His attitude, at the very least, is counterproductive. Tim Duncan doesn't do that, KG doesn't do that. You think Kareem or Magic were like that? Hell no. It isn't about being everyones best friend. Its about having the respect of your teammates.

If somebody needs to be talked to you pull him aside and do it, you don't tell someone he sucks in front of the entire team.

[quote name='dafoomie']My point is that Kobe wasn't seen as the leader of that team, Shaq was. The other guys looked to Shaq. Kobe could just play.

Part of leadership is holding guys accountable, but its not bitching people out non stop for shit that might not have even been their fault. His attitude, at the very least, is counterproductive. Tim Duncan doesn't do that, KG doesn't do that. You think Kareem or Magic were like that? Hell no. It isn't about being everyones best friend. Its about having the respect of your teammates.

If somebody needs to be talked to you pull him aside and do it, you don't tell someone he sucks in front of the entire team.[/quote]

That's the thing, Kobe doesn't respect his teammates nor honestly should he. The only person you never see him berate is Fisher. I mean if you look at his team, it's mentally weak.

Odom- Already discussed.
Gasol- Ditto.
Vujacic- Tres.
Radmonovic-European.
Ariza/Farmar- Too young to have an opinion.
Bynum-Kobe already yelled at, he's like 12 years old.

Their a really young team, so nobody on that team has the 'credentials' to spout off at the mouth. Being a young team, that's why you don't see somebody step up.

The Celtics are full of veterans, could you see Kobe blast off on Pierce/Allen? (KG he could probably yell at with no reprucussion IMO).

I'm not defending Kobe's action, it's just who he is, and his young team isn't up to the level Kobe wants. That's why he was complaining earlier.

In maybe 2-3 years, or hell next year, they'll get more experience and be able to stand up.

Oh and btw, who the hell gave Luke Walton a 6/$30 Million dollar contract?

[quote name='docvinh']Predictions for tonight's game? I think the Lakers will take this one, no way they'll be embarrassed two games in a row.[/quote]
Well Kobe says this series is far from over. That's some pretty big talk for a 3-1 hole after the biggest choke ever :/

I still have some hope though, I believe they'll pull out of Game 5 with a win.

Unless Kobe kicks it up to another level we've never seen before, I doubt the Lakers will win. I don't even think the rest of the Laker team besides Fisher is strong enough mentally to make any sort of comeback, and I'm sure they have to be on the same exact page if they plan to hold on until game 6. The Celtics really don't look like the team to take it easy because they are up 3 games to 1. Who knows. Well, I hope tonight's game will be stellar.

This is somewhat premature:
(I wish they wouldn't do that)

p4800872dt.jpg

How can there be a cassette of the NBA Finals, we're still in the middle of making it!

Thats true sir, but theres been a new breakthrough in home video marketing.

There has?

Yes, instant cassettes. They're out in stores before the Finals are finished.

Yeah but both teams had covers mocked up, for either circumstance. While NBA.com does list a Lakers version in the event they win, its the same cover as this one. They both say Celtics.

Potential last game of the year and only got the following players to bust out some nice numbers:
Farmar, Perkins, House, Brown, and Powe

I'd like to go with Farmar over Perkins gimpy shoulder. It might be Powe's night but he might not get time if Perkins gets more pt.

Perkins won't play, Brian Scalabrine will be activated instead.

Eddie House and P.J. Brown will get minutes, Powe might too. If I had to pick one, its Eddie House. He's the motherfuckin shooter here, after all.

I'm not a big fan of the commercials showing the players molesting the championship trophy. You don't touch that bitch until you win it IMO

I like Kobe's aggresiveness early, fuck teammates.

Just as I type this, he hit a fade-away that only he could hit.

It's 1 on 5 right now.

And yes, Bavetta and Mauer are officiating, Bavetta is utter ass.

Oh and scrub/role player of the game: Ya Boy from the Yay Leon Powe.

Why'd they remove the part that says "the World Series of basketball" in between "Get ready for basketball battle...the NBA Championship?" (I'm talking about the video with all the old footage that they play before every game.)

bread's done
Back