*THE OFFICIAL 2008 ELECTION RESULTS * -President Obama picking Cabinet now

Well, they said that the last counties in Indiana being counted had like 70,000 Obama votes which turned that state and that he was leading Florida by increasing margins.

It's being called. Obama wins. I have friends at Grant Park right now. I'm jealous.

And yes, the secret service was there for days leading up until tonight. There's MASSIVE security. Hell, even if you want to watch it at another park just north from there they are checking people with metal detector wands.

Wow. Wow. Wow. What a night. I'm glad I didn't soil it by watching Fox News. Sticking with NBC.

Finally turned on Faux News for the epic lulz. Brit Hume looks like a fucking corpse. EPIC.

I'm seriously in tears, crying of happiness. Thank you America for finally doing the right thing.

cnn.jpg

Fixed.

[quote name='JJSP']Ok. FOX, CNN, ABC, and NBC have called it for Obama. The shots of people celebrating are fucking awesome. I'm not afraid to say I've got chills.[/quote]

It is truly amazing.

I hate to call anything before it's totally, 100% decided, but...

... it looks like it's over. The only big things now, I guess, are senate seats and proposition 24 8.

[quote name='Cao Cao']Yep, looks like Obama wins. He has 297 they say, well above the required 270.[/quote]They gave him the west coast, so now he's at 324. I have a feeling McCain will concede shortly.

[quote name='Dead of Knight']Finally turned on Faux News for the epic lulz. Brit Hume looks like a fucking corpse. EPIC.

I'm seriously in tears, crying of happiness. Thank you America for finally doing the right thing.[/quote]

same here

This really is great.
This is such a good step in the right direction for this country.

We elected a black dude, now let the gays marry and we have ourselves an awesome country :)

Wow. Just... wow.

I actually feel sort of... excited about how it all turned out. Hope the Big O does a good job.

Here's one thing I noted from stupidly going back and flipping to Fox News. They are already questioning his character and asking if he will go back to being a liberal left. Which I understand they need to talk about something ....it's what they are paid for.

But one thing I heard on NBC tonight that I totally agreed with was that no matter who wins this election, the country needs to rally behind. Because if he fails, we all fail. Especially with the world situation as it is.

It's honestly amazing to see so many people cheering in the streets over this. There are literally thousands upon thousands of people crying tears of joy and smiling bigger than they ever have over this. Regardless of how you voted or how you feel about this election, there's something inspiring about seeing Americans celebrate together in hope that things can and will get better.

[quote name='JJSP']It's honestly amazing to see so many people cheering in the streets over this. There are literally thousands upon thousands of people crying tears of joy and smiling bigger than they ever have over this. Regardless of how you voted or how you feel about this election, there's something inspiring about seeing Americans celebrate together in hope that things can and will get better.[/QUOTE]

Especially considering the amount of voter apathy in the last....oh, 40 years? You better damn believe it. Hell, I voted in the last 2 Presidential elections and never felt this connected to it.

[quote name='JJSP']It's honestly amazing to see so many people cheering in the streets over this. There are literally thousands upon thousands of people crying tears of joy and smiling bigger than they ever have over this. Regardless of how you voted or how you feel about this election, there's something inspiring about seeing Americans celebrate together in hope that things can and will get better.[/quote]

I didn't like either candidate but you're right. It's nice to see people in this country actually having some hope about the future.

I have been an Obama supporter from day one, but I honestly never thought I'd see this day happen.

And like the rest of you, seeing the tears and the smiles is really chilling.

:grouphug:

[quote name='tokitoki50']Obama takes FL, this race is over. Congratulations fellow democrats, Super Majority for the win![/quote]
Thankfully, there doesn't look to be a super majority in the Senate. Georgia and Mississippi should give two more seats to the Republicans, so that's 41.

[quote name='JJSP']It's honestly amazing to see so many people cheering in the streets over this. There are literally thousands upon thousands of people crying tears of joy and smiling bigger than they ever have over this. Regardless of how you voted or how you feel about this election, there's something inspiring about seeing Americans celebrate together in hope that things can and will get better.[/quote]
Seeing older black men tearing up on TV...just thinking about all the shit they went through back prior to the 60's (and even after that). It's just heart-whelming thinking how far we've come. Granted, it's taken over two centuries to get a black president...but it's progress. What's even more amazing, if you would have asked me 2 years ago, i would have really questioned the popularity of a black president.

Dammit, guys. I'm really wishing that, just for tonight, I could be across the border somewhere.

With a two-four of Luckys, of course.

But since I'm booting up Fallout for the first time ever, I think I'm making the best of the situation.

That's one huge step for America. While I wanted McCain to win by like half a percent more than Obama, I can't wait to see what he does to your country.

HISTORY=MADE

[quote name='tokitoki50']WOW, lots of sore losers in the McCain camp. Firebomb those asshats, seriously, have some tact.[/QUOTE]
Seriously.

[quote name='billyrox']McCain is on TV, that was a very kind conciliatory speech, he's a stand up guy

the crowds are idiots though...[/QUOTE]

Yeah but fuck those assholes that booed him trying to concede

[quote name='tokitoki50']WOW, lots of sore losers in the McCain camp. Firebomb those asshats, seriously, have some tact.[/quote]You are clearly the epitomy of tact.

[quote name='Chase']Skinhead in focus at McCain concession speech. :rofl:[/quote]

He looked like he was ready to kill someone.

Watching McCain's concession now. He seems to be taking this well and being very earnest. He's shushing the crowd booing and is rallying the people there behind Obama. That's being a good American. Good show McCain.

Have to give McCain credit for recognizing it was over and doing the right thing vs ranting about ACORN and bringing law suits. Very good speech, very honorably handled.

I feel bad for McCain, whether he wanted them or not he's got some of the worst representatives of America backing him.

I'm not talking about republicans, I'm talking about the racists and bigots

bread's done
Back