The OFFICIAL GameStop Converted to Pre-Owned Thread *Latest: AC:Black Flag PS4, GoW:Ascension

sasukekun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
120 (100%)
I'm going to do my best to keep everyone informed of any new games that are being converted to pre-owned.

Latest Conversions:

:ps4:
Assassin's Creed Black Flag Collector's Edition

:ps3:
God of War Ascension Collector's Edition

:360:

Cabela's Hunting Expedition

Fear 3 + Orphan Movie Combo

Hitman Trilogy HD 

Rayman Origins

Spec Ops The Line

Previous Conversions:

Thanks to Xellos2099 for the list.

Beats by Dre

Beats by Dre iBeats Earbuds $64.99
Beats by Dre Solo HD Headphones (Black, Red, White) $119.99
Beats by Dre Solo HD Headphones (BubbleGum, Grape, Smartie Blue, Sour Apple Head, Dark Blue) $109.99
Beats by Dre Solo Headphones (Black/White) $109.99

Tritton
XB360 Kunai Titanfall Headset $59.99
PS4 (PS360, Wii U) Pink Kunai Headset $39.99

Afterglow
Universal Afterglow Wireless Headset (both standard and white) $59.99
Universal Afterglow Wireless Headset (Afterglow refurb) $39.99

Sony
PS3/4 GTA V Pulse Wireless Headset $99.99

Turtle Beach
PS4 Communicator P4C Headset $9.99
XB360 X32 Headset $59.99
PS4 (PS360) Wireless PX4 Headset $99.99
CoD Shadow Universal (PS360, PS4) Headset $49.99
XB360 Winter Camo X12 Headset $39.99
XB360 X42 Wireless Headset $109.99
PX3 Universal Wireless Headset $69.99

P11 PS3 Headset (TB Refurb) $29.99
PX21 Universal Headset (TB Refurb) $39.99
XB360 X11 (TB Refurb) $19.99
XB360 X12 (TB Refurb) $29.99
XB360 X32 (TB Refurb) $39.99
XB360 X42 (TB Refurb) $49.99

:360:
Bioshock Infinite Premium Edition
Need For Speed Run
Soul Calibur V
Far Cry 3
Borderlands 2
Fifa 13

Wii U:
Rabbid's Land

Sims 3
Far Cry 3
Just Dance 4

Accessories:
PS3 Move Energizer Charger
PS3 Navigation Controller
PSP USB Cable (Madcatz)
360 Network Adapter N (Microsoft) 

My former ASM told me the NBA2K13 whichever one came with the basketball/headphones got converted as well. I believe it was for 360, but that unconfirmed.

:ps3: Fusion Tournament Controller

:360: Tomb Raider CE

:360: Mass Effect 3

:360: Medal of Honor

:ps3: Resident Evil 6

:3ds: Spider-man Edge of Time

:ds: Pokemon Black

:ds: Noah's Ark

:ds: Zhu Zhu Princess

:360: Gears of War 3 Epic Edition (See other thread)

:360: BlazBlue Contiuum Shift Extended LE
:360: Major League Baseball 2K11
:wii: ZombiU (WiiU)

:psp: Little Deviants (Vita)
:3ds: Dream Trigger
:3ds: Nintendogs Toy Poodle
:ds: Biggest Loser
:ds: Little Mermaid
:ds: My English Coach Spanish
:ds: Squinkies 2
:360: Crysis 2
:360: Fable 3
:360: Halo 4 LE
:360: Marvel Super Hero Comic UDraw
:360: Stormrise
:360: Street Fighter x Tekken Collector's Edition (Reported 360 Only)
:360: Victorious: Time to Shine
:360:  :ps3: Ben 10 Galactic Racing
:360:  :ps3: Brink
:360:  :ps3: Bulletstorm
:360:  :ps3: Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Care Package
:360:  :ps3: Dirt Showdown
:360:  :ps3: Game of Thrones
:360:  :ps3: Singularity
:360::ps3: Testament of Sherlock Holmes
:ps3: Deus Ex
:ps3: DJ Hero
:ps3: Fifa Soccer 12
:ps3: Little League World Series 10
:ps3: Max Payne Collector's Edition (Reported PS3 Only)
:ps3: Medal of Honor Warfighter
:ps3: Medieval Moves
:ps3: Persona 4 Arena
:ps3: Port Royale
:ps3: Rock Band Lego
:ps3: Sing It: Pop Hits
:ps3: Sing Star ABBA
:wii: Battle of the Bands
:wii: EA SPorts Active NFL Training Camp
:wii: Instant Artist Studio UDraw
:wii: Kirby's Dream Collection
:wii: Neopets Puzzle Adventure
:wii: Oops! Prank Party
:wii: Our House: Party
:wii: Samba De Amigo
:wii: Science Papa
:wii: Vacation Isle: Beach Party
:wii: Where the Wild Things Are
:wii: X-Men Destiny
:360: :ps3: Assassins Creed 3 Collectors Edition

:360: :ps3: Army of Two: 40th Day
:360: :ps3: WWE 12
:ps3: Uncharted 3 Collector's Edition

:ps3: :360: Dead Island (Regular Edition)

:ps3: Front Mission Evolved
:ps3: God of War 3
:ps3: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Trilogy

:360: :ps3: Saint's Row The Third Platinum Pack (Collector's Edition)
:3ds: Cubic Ninja

:360: :ps3: Alpha Protocol

:ps2: Astroboy The Video Game
:ps2: Front Mission 4
:ps2: The Hobbit
:ps2: Th3 Plan
:ps2: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Special Edition (Cover Art)

03.23.2012 :360:Gears of War 3 Limited Edition
02.24.2012 :360: :ps3: Mortal Kombat Xbox 360 Kollector's Edition
01.21.2012 :ps2: Slim System
:360: :ps3: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood CE

FAQ:
Q: How can I locate this game in store?
A: Since it has been converted to pre-owned, there's no easy way to track down one. Your best bet is to go into your local store and ask if they have it in stock.

Q: Can I PM you a question about xyz game?
A: Call your local GameStop if you have any questions concerning a game.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried about two months ago and it still rang up at $59.99. It was already taken off of the website when I tried, thinking it was converted, but I think this one we'll need help from someone on the inside.
same i tried about couple weeks ago it rang up as 49.99 at my local shopping mall its not the store i usually go to, didnt get any inside "help"

So i just got back from a gamestop that had one of the TR CE in stock, but the cashier/store manager manually charged me the price for a standard new copy (49.99). She originally wanted to charge me 79.99 for the item, but once i called her out on it, she changed the price of a standard copy.

So since i was pretty annoyed with her, i just purchased it to get the problem resolved at one of my local stores. but once i get to my local store, they tell me they couldnt do anything about it because they ''couldnt return a new game and charge me for a used one'' because it would screw with their inventory, which is understandable, so i brought the item home with me.

So my question is, any suggestions from you guys on how to go about fixing this issue? because my local store said i'd have to go back to the store i originally purchased the item, but that store is about 40 miles away :cry: . also can't get a fucking refund at any location but that particular one because of what the girl did. :twoguns: :bomb: :boxing:

I found a TR CE, but the guy said it was $79.99. Couldn't tell if he was just keeping it for himself. This store has had some weird things go on too, like 100% TIV, so idk. Might go back and check if it's still there, if not, then I'll assume he did take it for himself.

Went to a different one, and they had the CE marked at $45 on sale. Surprised nobody had bought it...

My local GS converted Dead or Alive 5 Collectors Edition  :ps3: to preowned. I picked up the only one they had for $10 after birthday coupon + PUR.

Edit: Im not 100% sure on this though, because it still shows up on the stock tracker. Guess we need another person to confirm.

My local store has a Tomb Raider CE up even though the store inventory shows it does not. Going to go in later on in the week and try to buy it. Hopefully I can find someone's BDay coupon and stack it.

My local GS converted Dead or Alive 5 Collectors Edition :ps3: to preowned. I picked up the only one they had for $10 after birthday coupon + PUR.

Edit: Im not 100% sure on this though, because it still shows up on the stock tracker. Guess we need another person to confirm.
wow great deal. was it still sealed?

My local GS converted Dead or Alive 5 Collectors Edition :ps3: to preowned. I picked up the only one they had for $10 after birthday coupon + PUR.

Let's see here. One PS3 copy near me, one PS3 copy a million miles away, and no 360 copies. Placed an in-store order for the one near me. If an employee doesn't steal it, it will be mine.

Confirmation that it didn't work. Employee said it was $40.
The store that had a ps3 copy actually couldnt find it but they did have a 360 copy I bought at $40. You actually had them ring up the ps3 copy? Or just went on his word :razz:

So can anyone else confirm that Tekken Hybrid Limited Edition and Dead or Alive Collector's Edition for the PS3 have been converted to used? I want that Tekken Hybrid.

The store that had a ps3 copy actually couldnt find it but they did have a 360 copy I bought at $40. You actually had them ring up the ps3 copy? Or just went on his word :razz:
Went on her word. However, it was a few days ago. I just checked the stock online and it says it's still there. I'll go back and try again.

So can anyone else confirm that Tekken Hybrid Limited Edition and Dead or Alive Collector's Edition for the PS3 have been converted to used? I want that Tekken Hybrid.

Went on her word. However, it was a few days ago. I just checked the stock online and it says it's still there. I'll go back and try again.
I really dont think they are converted if they are still showing up in the locator but maybe this signals a change. The store that couldnt find the ps3 had a boatload of penny guides so I know they arent on top of it so much.

Went to a store yesterday that had Active Life Extreme Challenge Wii bundles sealed w/ preowned stickers for $5 (next to a ton of sealed "preowned" NFL training camps).  Date on the Active Life bundles was 10/13/13 so it may have been a recent drop.

I picked up a converted Tales of Xillia LE today in a b2g1. It's reg price is $39.99. The employee told me it was converted and said not many stores still have them. It had everything, the code is unused CD slip still sealed. YMMV if you want to look for one. I don't know if he was bs'in or not so don't get mad at me if they aren't.

image upload

I picked up a converted Tales of Xillia LE today in a b2g1. It's reg price is $39.99. The employee told me it was converted and said not many stores still have them. It had everything, the code is unused CD slip still sealed. YMMV if you want to look for one. I don't know if he was bs'in or not so don't get mad at me if they aren't.
Most likely traded in that way. Those LE copies ring up the same as normal copies. Those were the first run copies.

anyone know if dark souls CE for ps3 has been converted?  it's not on the website and there's one staring me in the face at a gamestop nearby...

Not really a conversion but i just saw preowned ps3 move controllers are now 9.99! Pretty sweet deal if you just want to try its functionality. Will probably pick up 3 later with b2g1. Hehe!

ToX Collector's Edition is not the same as Limited Edition. ToX CE was not converted.
How do I track down the LE than since it's not on the site?

Is something wrong with the track for the PS3 Fusion Tournament Controller? There is none in stock for 100 miles but the 360 controller is at every store in my area.

How do I track down the LE than since it's not on the site?

Is something wrong with the track for the PS3 Fusion Tournament Controller? There is none in stock for 100 miles but the 360 controller is at every store in my area.
You can't track the PS3 Fusion controller since it was converted to a PS3 Wired Controller (Any) SKU. If you happen to see it in your store it will ring up accordingly.

There's no way to track down a ToX LE since they are first run copies. It's technically whatever the store didn't sell or had leftovers.

I dunno if this has been posted but NBA Baller Beats has been converted to used. $5 for a decent basketball is pretty good.

You can't track the PS3 Fusion controller since it was converted to a PS3 Wired Controller (Any) SKU. If you happen to see it in your store it will ring up accordingly.

There's no way to track down a ToX LE since they are first run copies. It's technically whatever the store didn't sell or had leftovers.
Does the LE have the same SKU as the regular edition? In other words, can I buy the LE today, buy the regular on BF, then return the regular with the LE receipt?

Word on the street is that :wii: Kirby Return to Dream Land got converted so GS can start gouging with preowned pricing. The preowned price already went up $5 to $49.99. :/

bread's done
Back