The OFFICIAL GameStop Converted to Pre-Owned Thread *Latest: AC:Black Flag PS4, GoW:Ascension

sasukekun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
120 (100%)
I'm going to do my best to keep everyone informed of any new games that are being converted to pre-owned.

Latest Conversions:

:ps4:
Assassin's Creed Black Flag Collector's Edition

:ps3:
God of War Ascension Collector's Edition

:360:

Cabela's Hunting Expedition

Fear 3 + Orphan Movie Combo

Hitman Trilogy HD 

Rayman Origins

Spec Ops The Line

Previous Conversions:

Thanks to Xellos2099 for the list.

Beats by Dre

Beats by Dre iBeats Earbuds $64.99
Beats by Dre Solo HD Headphones (Black, Red, White) $119.99
Beats by Dre Solo HD Headphones (BubbleGum, Grape, Smartie Blue, Sour Apple Head, Dark Blue) $109.99
Beats by Dre Solo Headphones (Black/White) $109.99

Tritton
XB360 Kunai Titanfall Headset $59.99
PS4 (PS360, Wii U) Pink Kunai Headset $39.99

Afterglow
Universal Afterglow Wireless Headset (both standard and white) $59.99
Universal Afterglow Wireless Headset (Afterglow refurb) $39.99

Sony
PS3/4 GTA V Pulse Wireless Headset $99.99

Turtle Beach
PS4 Communicator P4C Headset $9.99
XB360 X32 Headset $59.99
PS4 (PS360) Wireless PX4 Headset $99.99
CoD Shadow Universal (PS360, PS4) Headset $49.99
XB360 Winter Camo X12 Headset $39.99
XB360 X42 Wireless Headset $109.99
PX3 Universal Wireless Headset $69.99

P11 PS3 Headset (TB Refurb) $29.99
PX21 Universal Headset (TB Refurb) $39.99
XB360 X11 (TB Refurb) $19.99
XB360 X12 (TB Refurb) $29.99
XB360 X32 (TB Refurb) $39.99
XB360 X42 (TB Refurb) $49.99

:360:
Bioshock Infinite Premium Edition
Need For Speed Run
Soul Calibur V
Far Cry 3
Borderlands 2
Fifa 13

Wii U:
Rabbid's Land

Sims 3
Far Cry 3
Just Dance 4

Accessories:
PS3 Move Energizer Charger
PS3 Navigation Controller
PSP USB Cable (Madcatz)
360 Network Adapter N (Microsoft) 

My former ASM told me the NBA2K13 whichever one came with the basketball/headphones got converted as well. I believe it was for 360, but that unconfirmed.

:ps3: Fusion Tournament Controller

:360: Tomb Raider CE

:360: Mass Effect 3

:360: Medal of Honor

:ps3: Resident Evil 6

:3ds: Spider-man Edge of Time

:ds: Pokemon Black

:ds: Noah's Ark

:ds: Zhu Zhu Princess

:360: Gears of War 3 Epic Edition (See other thread)

:360: BlazBlue Contiuum Shift Extended LE
:360: Major League Baseball 2K11
:wii: ZombiU (WiiU)

:psp: Little Deviants (Vita)
:3ds: Dream Trigger
:3ds: Nintendogs Toy Poodle
:ds: Biggest Loser
:ds: Little Mermaid
:ds: My English Coach Spanish
:ds: Squinkies 2
:360: Crysis 2
:360: Fable 3
:360: Halo 4 LE
:360: Marvel Super Hero Comic UDraw
:360: Stormrise
:360: Street Fighter x Tekken Collector's Edition (Reported 360 Only)
:360: Victorious: Time to Shine
:360:  :ps3: Ben 10 Galactic Racing
:360:  :ps3: Brink
:360:  :ps3: Bulletstorm
:360:  :ps3: Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Care Package
:360:  :ps3: Dirt Showdown
:360:  :ps3: Game of Thrones
:360:  :ps3: Singularity
:360::ps3: Testament of Sherlock Holmes
:ps3: Deus Ex
:ps3: DJ Hero
:ps3: Fifa Soccer 12
:ps3: Little League World Series 10
:ps3: Max Payne Collector's Edition (Reported PS3 Only)
:ps3: Medal of Honor Warfighter
:ps3: Medieval Moves
:ps3: Persona 4 Arena
:ps3: Port Royale
:ps3: Rock Band Lego
:ps3: Sing It: Pop Hits
:ps3: Sing Star ABBA
:wii: Battle of the Bands
:wii: EA SPorts Active NFL Training Camp
:wii: Instant Artist Studio UDraw
:wii: Kirby's Dream Collection
:wii: Neopets Puzzle Adventure
:wii: Oops! Prank Party
:wii: Our House: Party
:wii: Samba De Amigo
:wii: Science Papa
:wii: Vacation Isle: Beach Party
:wii: Where the Wild Things Are
:wii: X-Men Destiny
:360: :ps3: Assassins Creed 3 Collectors Edition

:360: :ps3: Army of Two: 40th Day
:360: :ps3: WWE 12
:ps3: Uncharted 3 Collector's Edition

:ps3: :360: Dead Island (Regular Edition)

:ps3: Front Mission Evolved
:ps3: God of War 3
:ps3: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Trilogy

:360: :ps3: Saint's Row The Third Platinum Pack (Collector's Edition)
:3ds: Cubic Ninja

:360: :ps3: Alpha Protocol

:ps2: Astroboy The Video Game
:ps2: Front Mission 4
:ps2: The Hobbit
:ps2: Th3 Plan
:ps2: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Special Edition (Cover Art)

03.23.2012 :360:Gears of War 3 Limited Edition
02.24.2012 :360: :ps3: Mortal Kombat Xbox 360 Kollector's Edition
01.21.2012 :ps2: Slim System
:360: :ps3: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood CE

FAQ:
Q: How can I locate this game in store?
A: Since it has been converted to pre-owned, there's no easy way to track down one. Your best bet is to go into your local store and ask if they have it in stock.

Q: Can I PM you a question about xyz game?
A: Call your local GameStop if you have any questions concerning a game.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont know if this is just bs, but yesterday, my hold for NBA was declined in literally a minute and my hold for BioShock didnt even go through. I come in today and they tell me they dont have it. She says she hasn't seen the NBA for the year she's been working there, but I remember seeing it two months ago. I didnt need them, so maybe its a blessing in disguise. I dont have to spend money then.

I dont know if this is just bs, but yesterday, my hold for NBA was declined in literally a minute and my hold for BioShock didnt even go through. I come in today and they tell me they dont have it. She says she hasn't seen the NBA for the year she's been working there, but I remember seeing it two months ago. I didnt need them, so maybe its a blessing in disguise. I dont have to spend money then.

The second store I went to today admitted to me that they converted it and gutted by the time they received my hold request and was the reason why they rejected my hold request. Wasn't too disappointed since I was able to score both Bioshock and NBA CE's at the first store.

I decided not to get bioshock as I got the vanilla version and would just put the extras in my closet to view someday..instead i got alan wake, time to hear what all the fuss is about, from like 2 years ago..

I'm pretty sure I got screwed by the employees today. I doubt there's anyone else in Raleigh, NC but if there is and if you got the Dynasty Editions from Northgate mall, damn you! Otherwise I think it was the employees who took it, checked last night around 1130pm and it said both were in stock at this one gamestop. Drove 19 miles to go pick them up, but when I get there and ask about it, the employees laugh and say it's been out of stock for a while. I tell them I saw it in stock last night and they say, hey, that's what happens when they get converted to preowned, they sell of right away. I really doubt unless someone on this forum went to that same Gamestop which would be understandable, but the fact that the employees laughed makes me think it was one of them. fuckers

Just got the PS3 version of NBA 2K13 Dynasty Edition mainly for the game & earphones for my little cousin. If anyone's interested in the ball or game pad grip sticker then PM me your offer.

I'm pretty sure I got screwed by the employees today. I doubt there's anyone else in Raleigh, NC but if there is and if you got the Dynasty Editions from Northgate mall, damn you! Otherwise I think it was the employees who took it, checked last night around 1130pm and it said both were in stock at this one gamestop. Drove 19 miles to go pick them up, but when I get there and ask about it, the employees laugh and say it's been out of stock for a while. I tell them I saw it in stock last night and they say, hey, that's what happens when they get converted to preowned, they sell of right away. I really doubt unless someone on this forum went to that same Gamestop which would be understandable, but the fact that the employees laughed makes me think it was one of them. fuckers
Those 2 comments makes it seem like they took it, unless you were the one who mentioned it was converted.

Well I got a sealed 360 and PS3 NBA and a gutted 360 NBA. The employees at the store with the 360 and PS3 said I was the luckiest person ever. I tried not to say something about WTF do you think I'm buying these otherwise?

I just found one for the xbox that was still new lol. 

I have noticed that some of the games are not gutted.

I usually don't pick them up when that happens.

Are they instructed to do so or is it just the employees?

Got two Bioshock Infinites. One was sealed, the other was gutted. The second still had everything in it, I believe. Couldn't get NBA 2K13. Was Soul Calibur CE converted, or just the normal game?

Well it looks like someone stole the headphones out of the open NBA 2K I got. Not a big deal I suppose since it's going to Amazon anyway.

I just found one for the xbox that was still new lol.

I have noticed that some of the games are not gutted.

I usually don't pick them up when that happens.

Are they instructed to do so or is it just the employees?
What, gut the games? It should only be the last copy typically unless they're being over zealous.

I was able to grab a :360: NBA 2K13 and :360: BioShock Infinite. I placed in-store holds for both yesterday. I also had a hold for a :ps3: NBA 2K13 but the manager decided to open and field destroy the contents before I got there due to the conversion. Didn't even bother to call. I'm glad I didn't make a special trip or I may have flipped out considering it was a little out of the way. I understand that's the procedure but at least let me know.

Sorry for lack of updates. As of right now, I dont work for the company anymore. So if anyone wants to take over the thread or at least report stuff, I can add it to the OP.

Don't know whether it is good or bad news for you Sasuke, but all the best wishes for your next career. Thanks for all your contributions in the past.

No, I actually quit.
You too huh? Was your store going through all kinds of drama as well? I wasn't hearing good things the other week. GameStop is already getting a head start and trying to get in the cellphone business. Either way that place blows. I'm sure you'll be a lot more happy.

You too huh? Was your store going through all kinds of drama as well? I wasn't hearing good things the other week. GameStop is already getting a head start and trying to get in the cellphone business. Either way that place blows. I'm sure you'll be a lot more happy.
What? Are they expanding their used inventory or actually having partnerships with carriers? (If you're forbidden to talk about it, it's cool.)

There will be a number of conversions that'll occur tomorrow 1/17. The most notable one is Bioshock Infinite Premium Edition (360). Currently, Bioshock Infinite is $29.99 preowned for 360.

I've been working for GS for a long time now, and I've noticed that most conversions happen on a Friday. I thought I'd finally start helping Sasukekun with updates
Thanks again. I ended up buying the Bioshock Infinite CE for 360 today. It was a gutted copy. On the bottom of the box, I could see that the seal was broken and that another seal was put on top (you know the clear circular super-sticky stickers they put on gutted games). I opened it up and there are GS stickers on the case. :wall: Maybe they just didn't have room for that box in their drawers, so they kept the big box in the back room and just kept the game case in the drawers (with a white Bioshock Infinite Premium Edition Gamestop barcode sticker). I didn't ask. Hopefully the DLC codes are still unused though. Overall, I'm still very happy with the purchase. But I'd be pissed if I was a reseller trying to flip this on eBay as a new item.

It was funny, the GS employee asked me "Do you have Playstation Plus? It's free this month." I was like "Crap, yeah I do have Playstation Plus. Darn collector's editions." He also joked how it's been my birthday like 5 times already (today was only the third time though).

This little Xbox wireless racing wheel was also converted today. http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Wireless-Speed-Wheel/dp/B0050SY0L2/ref=sr_sp-atf_title_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1390030642&sr=8-3&keywords=xbox+360+wireless+racing+wheel

I bought a new one "preowned" for $19.99. It's not much cheaper than amazon, but after using PUR and a $5 off coupon, it came to about $12 and change. It also looked "gutted" but I think it was just shelf wear from hanging on that wire shelf holder forever. Eventually someone must have ripped it off the shelf through the packaging and a Gamestop employee sealed it up again with those clear circular stickers I mentioned.

What? Are they expanding their used inventory or actually having partnerships with carriers? (If you're forbidden to talk about it, it's cool.)
They have there own partnership with carriers. You know how bestbuy has there little cell phone section? They are trying to expand the company because the used game industry has been taking a huge hit. I'm sure more gamestops will be closing soon as well.

They have there own partnership with carriers. You know how bestbuy has there little cell phone section? They are trying to expand the company because the used game industry has been taking a huge hit. I'm sure more gamestops will be closing soon as well.
That's pretty cool, but many of my GameStops are next to some actual Verizon, Sprint and AT&T stores, so that's a weird move at least where I live.

That's pretty cool, but many of my GameStops are next to some actual Verizon, Sprint and AT&T stores, so that's a weird move at least where I live.
I'm sure you'll start seeing them pop up soon :). I know 3 have already opened around me. They aren't actually being opened in gs locations it's a whole different company.

I'm not supposed to talk about it but, guess who doesn't care.

http://springmobile.com

This little Xbox wireless racing wheel was also converted today. http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Wireless-Speed-Wheel/dp/B0050SY0L2/ref=sr_sp-atf_title_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1390030642&sr=8-3&keywords=xbox+360+wireless+racing+wheel

I bought a new one "preowned" for $19.99. It's not much cheaper than amazon, but after using PUR and a $5 off coupon, it came to about $12 and change. It also looked "gutted" but I think it was just shelf wear from hanging on that wire shelf holder forever. Eventually someone must have ripped it off the shelf through the packaging and a Gamestop employee sealed it up again with those clear circular stickers I mentioned.
A number of us got that for $11.98 when Target clearanced them. Best Buy had them for $9.99. Fun for cruising Forza Horizon!

There will be a number of conversions that'll occur tomorrow 1/17. The most notable one is Bioshock Infinite Premium Edition (360). Currently, Bioshock Infinite is $29.99 preowned for 360.

I've been working for GS for a long time now, and I've noticed that most conversions happen on a Friday. I thought I'd finally start helping Sasukekun with updates
Is there any other converted that is like this type

So Borderlands 2: Deluxe Vault Hunter Collectors Edition (360) was also converted? I believe one CAG mentioned it, anyone else have any luck? I've got one near me. 

Employee got it I bet.

bread's done
Back