The OFFICIAL GameStop Converted to Pre-Owned Thread *Latest: AC:Black Flag PS4, GoW:Ascension

sasukekun

CAGiversary!
Feedback
120 (100%)
I'm going to do my best to keep everyone informed of any new games that are being converted to pre-owned.

Latest Conversions:

:ps4:
Assassin's Creed Black Flag Collector's Edition

:ps3:
God of War Ascension Collector's Edition

:360:

Cabela's Hunting Expedition

Fear 3 + Orphan Movie Combo

Hitman Trilogy HD 

Rayman Origins

Spec Ops The Line

Previous Conversions:

Thanks to Xellos2099 for the list.

Beats by Dre

Beats by Dre iBeats Earbuds $64.99
Beats by Dre Solo HD Headphones (Black, Red, White) $119.99
Beats by Dre Solo HD Headphones (BubbleGum, Grape, Smartie Blue, Sour Apple Head, Dark Blue) $109.99
Beats by Dre Solo Headphones (Black/White) $109.99

Tritton
XB360 Kunai Titanfall Headset $59.99
PS4 (PS360, Wii U) Pink Kunai Headset $39.99

Afterglow
Universal Afterglow Wireless Headset (both standard and white) $59.99
Universal Afterglow Wireless Headset (Afterglow refurb) $39.99

Sony
PS3/4 GTA V Pulse Wireless Headset $99.99

Turtle Beach
PS4 Communicator P4C Headset $9.99
XB360 X32 Headset $59.99
PS4 (PS360) Wireless PX4 Headset $99.99
CoD Shadow Universal (PS360, PS4) Headset $49.99
XB360 Winter Camo X12 Headset $39.99
XB360 X42 Wireless Headset $109.99
PX3 Universal Wireless Headset $69.99

P11 PS3 Headset (TB Refurb) $29.99
PX21 Universal Headset (TB Refurb) $39.99
XB360 X11 (TB Refurb) $19.99
XB360 X12 (TB Refurb) $29.99
XB360 X32 (TB Refurb) $39.99
XB360 X42 (TB Refurb) $49.99

:360:
Bioshock Infinite Premium Edition
Need For Speed Run
Soul Calibur V
Far Cry 3
Borderlands 2
Fifa 13

Wii U:
Rabbid's Land

Sims 3
Far Cry 3
Just Dance 4

Accessories:
PS3 Move Energizer Charger
PS3 Navigation Controller
PSP USB Cable (Madcatz)
360 Network Adapter N (Microsoft) 

My former ASM told me the NBA2K13 whichever one came with the basketball/headphones got converted as well. I believe it was for 360, but that unconfirmed.

:ps3: Fusion Tournament Controller

:360: Tomb Raider CE

:360: Mass Effect 3

:360: Medal of Honor

:ps3: Resident Evil 6

:3ds: Spider-man Edge of Time

:ds: Pokemon Black

:ds: Noah's Ark

:ds: Zhu Zhu Princess

:360: Gears of War 3 Epic Edition (See other thread)

:360: BlazBlue Contiuum Shift Extended LE
:360: Major League Baseball 2K11
:wii: ZombiU (WiiU)

:psp: Little Deviants (Vita)
:3ds: Dream Trigger
:3ds: Nintendogs Toy Poodle
:ds: Biggest Loser
:ds: Little Mermaid
:ds: My English Coach Spanish
:ds: Squinkies 2
:360: Crysis 2
:360: Fable 3
:360: Halo 4 LE
:360: Marvel Super Hero Comic UDraw
:360: Stormrise
:360: Street Fighter x Tekken Collector's Edition (Reported 360 Only)
:360: Victorious: Time to Shine
:360:  :ps3: Ben 10 Galactic Racing
:360:  :ps3: Brink
:360:  :ps3: Bulletstorm
:360:  :ps3: Call of Duty Black Ops 2 Care Package
:360:  :ps3: Dirt Showdown
:360:  :ps3: Game of Thrones
:360:  :ps3: Singularity
:360::ps3: Testament of Sherlock Holmes
:ps3: Deus Ex
:ps3: DJ Hero
:ps3: Fifa Soccer 12
:ps3: Little League World Series 10
:ps3: Max Payne Collector's Edition (Reported PS3 Only)
:ps3: Medal of Honor Warfighter
:ps3: Medieval Moves
:ps3: Persona 4 Arena
:ps3: Port Royale
:ps3: Rock Band Lego
:ps3: Sing It: Pop Hits
:ps3: Sing Star ABBA
:wii: Battle of the Bands
:wii: EA SPorts Active NFL Training Camp
:wii: Instant Artist Studio UDraw
:wii: Kirby's Dream Collection
:wii: Neopets Puzzle Adventure
:wii: Oops! Prank Party
:wii: Our House: Party
:wii: Samba De Amigo
:wii: Science Papa
:wii: Vacation Isle: Beach Party
:wii: Where the Wild Things Are
:wii: X-Men Destiny
:360: :ps3: Assassins Creed 3 Collectors Edition

:360: :ps3: Army of Two: 40th Day
:360: :ps3: WWE 12
:ps3: Uncharted 3 Collector's Edition

:ps3: :360: Dead Island (Regular Edition)

:ps3: Front Mission Evolved
:ps3: God of War 3
:ps3: Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Trilogy

:360: :ps3: Saint's Row The Third Platinum Pack (Collector's Edition)
:3ds: Cubic Ninja

:360: :ps3: Alpha Protocol

:ps2: Astroboy The Video Game
:ps2: Front Mission 4
:ps2: The Hobbit
:ps2: Th3 Plan
:ps2: Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Special Edition (Cover Art)

03.23.2012 :360:Gears of War 3 Limited Edition
02.24.2012 :360: :ps3: Mortal Kombat Xbox 360 Kollector's Edition
01.21.2012 :ps2: Slim System
:360: :ps3: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood CE

FAQ:
Q: How can I locate this game in store?
A: Since it has been converted to pre-owned, there's no easy way to track down one. Your best bet is to go into your local store and ask if they have it in stock.

Q: Can I PM you a question about xyz game?
A: Call your local GameStop if you have any questions concerning a game.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's the deal with these conversions? Are the games being converted not being sold anymore at Gamestop? What kind of conversion is it?

What's the deal with these conversions? Are the games being converted not being sold anymore at Gamestop? What kind of conversion is it?
They're converting to Latvian Orthodox. :p

j/k, periodically Gamestop converts older new games into used games & sells them for the used price. They also do this with special / collector's editions of games - but a lot of stores will throw out the CE stuff (or employees take it, whichever) so it's hit or miss if you can snag a complete set when the price drops.

Has gamestop.com removed the gta v special edition and/or gamestop ce from their website inventory tracker already? I can't see either within 100mi and I used a couple of different zip codes.

They're converting to Latvian Orthodox. :p

j/k, periodically Gamestop converts older new games into used games & sells them for the used price. They also do this with special / collector's editions of games - but a lot of stores will throw out the CE stuff (or employees take it, whichever) so it's hit or miss if you can snag a complete set when the price drops.
I see. That's really interesting. So they'll sell Collector's Editions of games for the price of a used Collector's Edition?

Has gamestop.com removed the gta v special edition and/or gamestop ce from their website inventory tracker already? I can't see either within 100mi and I used a couple of different zip codes.
I don't see any Special Editions for 100 miles near me, but there are many Collector's Editions for both systems around me, though not close enough for it to be worthwhile.

No, like I just said it's showing a store near me that has the CE for both systems.

I'm pretty sure the special edition has been sold out for a long time at almost all GSs. I checked NYC on the stock checker and there's not even any within 100 miles of there

I'm pretty sure the special edition has been sold out for a long time at almost all GSs. I checked NYC on the stock checker and there's not even any within 100 miles of there

are we talking about the special or collectors edition? Guy said GTA steelbook so I'm guessing he's talking about the special edition?

Interesting... Just called a GS that I go to and asked... The guy must have thought I was from another store as he was like you should have gotten an e-mail saying attention sku conversion or something.  He said that there were about 20 titles on it.  He named a few off the list... Michael Jackson Experience, Kinect Joyride (woohoo), I believe he said Gears 3, Mario Kart DS, Rise/Ryse something.  I bet if I go into the store he will let me see the list.

Ooo everyone's getting antsy. Almost 8 PM on the east coast though so I can understand why, running out of time to do a hold tonight. What I'm getting so far is that we're probably not getting any CEs of note and it's almost entirely going to be just vanilla games going used.

The bad news is MGR LE will NOT be converted yet.
Well that's sad.

None near me either. Several of the GS editions though...
Same here. Plenty of collector's editions but not a single Special Edition in a 100 mile radius. This is usually the case when something is converted so I'm guessing it's the Special Edition.

I have 3 special editions with 75 miles but that is a lot of driving. I just placed two in store pickups to see what happens.

Printed the lists of GTAV CE's at nearby stores for both systems, though I doubt it's the version being converted, but just in case...

In addition to confirming that its only the special editions of GTA that converted I can also confirm that the Soul Calibur V CE converted for 360 ONLY

All this has is only the steel book and blueprints isn't it? Not much to it to warrant the extra price from the normal version by itself
  • Full retail copy of Grand Theft Auto V
  • Collectible SteelBook with Exclusive Artwork - features custom color and metallic treatments to bring out the detail of the Michael, Trevor and Franklin artwork created exclusively for this SteelBook
  • Blueprint Map - exclusive, 21.5" x 26.75" map displays a blueprint view of Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Special Ability Boost - Michael, Franklin and Trevor each have a unique special ability. With this boost, the special ability bar will generate 25% faster
  • Stunt Plane Trials - single-player Stunt Plane Trials let players take on additional aerial challenges spread throughout Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Bonus Outfits, Tattoos and More - Michael, Franklin and Trevor get bonus outfits in their wardrobes, character specific tattoos at tattoo parlors, and special deals from shopkeepers across Los Santos and Blaine County
  • Additional Weapons - when visiting Ammunition stores in single-player, merchants will have special weapons in their inventory available for free: the Pistol .50, Bullpup Shotgun and melee Hammer.

I want to get a Soul Calibur V for some reason.

I just don't know which version to get since they're in different stores. I know Visual Kei is going to take PS3 if he notices the conversion because he's a hoarding buttmunch who thinks he's slick, but the X360 version is kinda far and it's in the busiest part of town and it might get gutted anyway.

Well I don't know GTA 5 got a special edition lol. I thought the CE got converted. I only saw 3 copies of the steelbooks on their drawers. It could be either or both. But I clearly remembered one of the guys got a GTA t-shirt in his hand when he took those steelbooks from the back to the drawers. I believe only the CE got t-shirts right? So my bet is both got converted.

Let's wait for invizible to confirm.

PS. Oh and I'm sure Soul Calibur V CE got converted too, I forgot to mention it. But I'm not sure which platform tho. Both look like a book and I can't tell the difference lol.

Just got back from GS.  The guy that knows the conversions and had the list got off work before I got there. I asked the girl who was working and she didn't know where the list was.  

Well I don't know GTA 5 got a special edition lol. I thought the CE got converted. I only saw 3 copies of the steelbooks on their drawers. It could be either or both. But I clearly remembered one of the guys got a GTA t-shirt in his hand when he took those steelbooks from the back to the drawers. I believe only the CE got t-shirts right? So my bet is both got converted.

Let's wait for invizible to confirm.

PS. Oh and I'm sure Soul Calibur V CE got converted too, I forgot to mention it. But I'm not sure which platform tho. Both look like a book and I can't tell the difference lol.
T-Shirts were sold separately, no T-Shirts were included with the CE or the SE.

Does anyone have a couple gamestops close in one area? Someone could always call one the locations private and pretend to be from another nearby store and say they trying to get the conversions ready but can't find the list at the moment and that you forgot if it the special edition or collector edition of grand theft auto v getting converted and that you are new and didn't want to risk gutting the wrong game and want clarification

Haha, this thread is moving fast. I just got my store's list.

Vita:
Resistance Burning Skies
Unit 13
Muramasa Rebirth

3DS:
Deer Drive Legends

DS:
Lego Batman
Mario Kart
Titanic Mysteries

360:
Gears of War 3
Tomb Raider (Vanilla)
Armored Core V
Kinect Star Wars
Dishonored (Vanilla)
Transformers Fall of Cybertron
NBA 2K13
WWE 13
Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 Steelcase Edition
Dark

PS3:
Tomb Raider (Vanilla)
Dishonored (Vanilla)
Sniper Elite 2
Borderlands 2 (Vanilla)
Gran Turismo 5 XL Edition
WWE 13

My store doesn't have the GTA V SE or Soul Calibur V CE. I won't be able to confirm until Saturday, when I work next.

bread's done
Back