The Official I have the Xbox 250GB" Internal HDD-Built in Wifi N and impressions.

There are 3 more usb ports on the back of the 360"S" . But yeah it no longer takes memory cards. Just usb sticks.

[quote name='Scorch']You can't detach it, can you? I guess that's not a big deal, with the option to use flash drives and all now.[/QUOTE]

The new drive is just as upgradeable. Its just not on the top of the system. And you have to buy there HD you cant just go buy any hard drive

I have an original launch 360. Although it did red ring and get sent in for repairs and it works great. My problem is its noisy as hell.

Soooooooo i went and got a new slim. Worth every penny. It looks great, going from 20g HD to 250g HD is a whole nother world. The built in wifi is nice, it aloud me to give the wireless adapter i bought for my original xbox, and have been using for my 360 to a friend. I have had my xbox 360 wired for the last year anyways. Oh its so quiet watching things like netflix so much better now.

Oh since i use a wireless head set setup to play games at night when the wife and kids are asleep HDMI was not a big deal, i need the AV outs for the head set also my TV only does 1080i and i play games at 720P

[quote name='Morphx2']I dont need HDMI. Looks fine on my display.

Why would I want to sell my 360 now or ever? It still works.

I dont see where I have to sell a 360 with my things...if i ever wanted to sell my things I can do it seperately.

That touch sensor and ejector is awesome..I wish my old 360 can power on and eject :p

If you didnt have a wifi adapter or a 250 gb drive and NEED it, then it would make sense for trading yours in, but for the people who already have those things and just want to spend $ for a 360 that does the same things as before, I just think it is silly.

That is a good reason, good job :)[/QUOTE]

If your out of the warranty coverage and your 360 dies you'll wish you had gotten a new one

[quote name='slickkill77']If your out of the warranty coverage and your 360 dies you'll wish you had gotten a new one[/QUOTE]

The Gamestop trade in deal is great for anyone who has an old out of warranty unit. you'll never get that much for your system again

[quote name='Malik112099']Why would you risk getting your brand new Xbox's console id banned for that?[/QUOTE]

I'm investigating the possibility of doing a little hard drive upgrade mod, and most of what I keep seeing is that nobody actually seems to get banned for this, since the firmware checks out. Do you have evidence of someone getting banned for putting a bigger hard drive in their xbox? (Not accusatory, I'm really wondering)

[quote name='slickkill77']No HDMI cable.

And no you can NOT slip your own HDD into the new 360. Its the same deal with the last ones. Proprietary devices from MS only[/QUOTE]

The old ones can take other hard drives that aren't MS, if everything I've been reading isn't all lies.

Heads up, you can even use the old tranfer cable and do not need to buy one at all. Maybe someone on here will be kind enough to start a pool of sharing theirs but I traded mine in and went back today to transfer my stuff over. I wasn't aware of this but read about it online earlier today, tried it and it worked flawlessly. The one I had traded in and used was the 20gb>120gb so that one works for sure. Save yourselves $19.99+tax.

So I've read that setting the console horizontally, as opposed to vertically like the old 360s, allows it to cool better? Any truth to that?

[quote name='Pck21']So I've read that setting the console horizontally, as opposed to vertically like the old 360s, allows it to cool better? Any truth to that?[/QUOTE]

Well, heat rises, so it makes sense. If vertical, all the heat rises to a small area up top. If horizontal, the heat should dissipate over a larger surface area.

Whether it's a new or old 360, the same principle applies, horizontal placement should reduce concentrated heat.

[quote name='BingoBrown']Well, heat rises, so it makes sense. If vertical, all the heat rises to a small area up top. If horizontal, the heat should dissipate over a larger surface area.

Whether it's a new or old 360, the same principle applies, horizontal placement should reduce concentrated heat.[/QUOTE]

Then it looks like I'll be turning mine on it's side lol. Thanks!

So i picked one up today, and I put it right in place of my old one. Apparently this new unit won't pass through my receiver when using my HDMI cable. Same HDMI cable that was running the old one minutes before.

Other than that, it's whisper quiet. It's perdy, but if you have a dog, any hair around is immediately attracted to it.

Anyone figure out how to disable the beep from pressing the eject "button"? I know it doesn't beep if you press X to eject from the dashboard. But that's the best solution I've found so far. Granted, I didn't check the manual.

[quote name='Ziv']Anyone figure out how to disable the beep from pressing the eject "button"? I know it doesn't beep if you press X to eject from the dashboard. But that's the best solution I've found so far. Granted, I didn't check the manual.[/QUOTE]

Excellent question! I have no idea how to turn it off and I can see it being annoying later on. Although, the PS3 does the same thing so I have no idea.

Does this system have a IR receiver for the old Media Player remote? Whenever I am watching netflix or anything on my external hdd I always use the remote.

Nevermind found the answer on another forum somewhere in all that shiny black plastic there is a IR receiver.

picture.php

I picked one up today and I'm transferring all of my data now. So far so good.

the free 1 month xbl is when you make a new account on the dashboard. just like before, every new 360 comes with 1 month of xbl but only for a new account.

[quote name='intoxicated662']the free 1 month xbl is when you make a new account on the dashboard. just like before, every new 360 comes with 1 month of xbl but only for a new account.[/QUOTE]

your telling me that i went through 7 new console ( NOT REFURBISHED) and didnt know that ( SMACK SELF IN THE FACE):bomb:

Does nobody find this xbox a bit hot where the main fan is? One minute of it running and it seems to be burning up. With all the problems i had in the past and this being my fifth xbox, I find this a bit worrying.

I'm gonna sound like a broken record but I just found this thread. In short, I'm happy and have no regrets. Off to keep pressing the eject button. xD

Yea I've been playing mine for about 3 hours non stop and it's still super quiet, not hot at all, and just looks like a bad ass sitting there lol. I really love this new system.

Got mine yesterday, too. Sadly, the power supply failed on me. I am now waiting for a replacement power supply which will be here in about two or three weeks.

Otherwise, from the four hours I was able to play I was pleased with the whisper quiet system. Worth the upgrade.

[quote name='Regian']Got mine yesterday, too. Sadly, the power supply failed on me. I am now waiting for a replacement power supply which will be here in about two or three weeks.

Otherwise, from the four hours I was able to play I was pleased with the whisper quiet system. Worth the upgrade.[/QUOTE]

If the power supply was faulty almost out of the box you would think they could overnight one to you at least.

[quote name='ajh2298']If the power supply was faulty almost out of the box you would think they could overnight one to you at least.[/QUOTE]

Heck, I would have raised hell wherever it was purchased from.

[quote name='Regian']Got mine yesterday, too. Sadly, the power supply failed on me. I am now waiting for a replacement power supply which will be here in about two or three weeks.

Otherwise, from the four hours I was able to play I was pleased with the whisper quiet system. Worth the upgrade.[/QUOTE]

Aw it did actually fail huh? Bummer dude. Well at least they got you a new one. Hopefully it will be here quicker than 2-3 weeks! Yikes!

Oh yeah, I installed cod mw2 to the hd and it is even quieter now and doesn't really heat up as others have claimed. it does get a little warm but I think people over exaggerated what they stated about the heating up part. so overall, if you play a game frequently (I play mw2 alot) install the game and it'll be quieter and not really warm up much really.

I really like the new console. It is very quiet when a game was in the console, it was as loud if not quieter than an idle fat 360.

Was it just me or does the disk drive seem to read slower? I just finished installing 5 games and it felt like it too awhile; then again I've never really paid attention to how long it takes before.

I dunno, but going from 20gb and no space left to 250gb and more space than I know what to do with I've become a real whore for installing games. And yes it's even quieter if they are installed than having the disk spinning.

[quote name='bubbafett4hire']360 Red Dot of Death, Insufficient Ventilation Error Msg - Images

IMG_2569.JPG

IMG_2567.JPG

[/QUOTE]

Microsoft: joke company

[quote name='bubbafett4hire']360 Red Dot of Death, Insufficient Ventilation Error Msg - Images

IMG_2569.JPG

IMG_2567.JPG

[/QUOTE]

whoaaaa....the first red dot of death! Congrats!!! You get the honor of being the first one in my RRoD (or Red Dot of Death) thread!

Wow. Feeling scared to buy one now. The space my current 360 has been in (with no problems) for about a year now is no bigger than in that picture.

Like it so far, but a couple of concrerns. Definitely gets hot. It also froze up on me just using the dashboard. Never happened on my other systems. Seems to run just a touch slower (signing in, dashboard access, etc.). Delay is similar to the delays experienced when they released the NXE. Lastly, the case scratches very easily. Just wiping off dust left surface scratched.

I've been moving stuff over from my old 360 to the slim via flash drive, and I seem to have hit a snag. It won't let me move any of my old Xbox 1 data. The only option is delete, no move, not even copy. And since live for the Xbox 1 is gone, I can't re-download any of the DLC. Anyone else have this problem?

[quote name='intoxicated662']Oh yeah, I installed cod mw2 to the hd and it is even quieter now and doesn't really heat up as others have claimed. it does get a little warm but I think people over exaggerated what they stated about the heating up part. so overall, if you play a game frequently (I play mw2 alot) install the game and it'll be quieter and not really warm up much really.[/QUOTE]

orly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iu0mnpbFMt4&feature=player_embedded

[quote name='Indiana Jones']I've been moving stuff over from my old 360 to the slim via flash drive, and I seem to have hit a snag. It won't let me move any of my old Xbox 1 data. The only option is delete, no move, not even copy. And since live for the Xbox 1 is gone, I can't re-download any of the DLC. Anyone else have this problem?[/QUOTE]
It's been confirmed elsewhere that you cannot transfer xbox1 data. So any xbox1 DLC you may have, or games saves, are going to be lost.

[quote name='Pirate331']It's been confirmed elsewhere that you cannot transfer xbox1 data. So any xbox1 DLC you may have, or games saves, are going to be lost.[/QUOTE]

Can it be transferred via USB stick?

your xbox1 data will be lost, it's lame I know.

anyways that message about overheating has existed on all the other models for awhile now. It just never pops up due to older versions being allowed to run much hotter than the newer boards.
These images are probably going to pop up a lot from sony fanboys trying to make the new 360 look worthless.

There are bound to be some faulty consoles out there. All products aren't perfect.

Yes, the top vent gets hot, but would you rather that heat stay inside the system? The surface to the left of the vent stays cool and the disc is never hot.

(When I get my slim from GS) if I transfer the data from my old HDD to the slim with the cable do I need to do the DRM transfer at XBOX.com also?

Unfortunately I have NO room to set my XBOX horizontally so hopefully vertical won't overheat too much...

Think I'll stick with my elite. The above posts make me scared. I was going to trade up too.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CombatCraig']Unfortunately I have NO room to set my XBOX horizontally so hopefully vertical won't overheat too much...[/QUOTE]

Same. Some of the previously mentioned information in this topic is unsettling.

bread's done
Back