The OFFICIAL Juan Cena Wrestling Thread (Don't be fooled by imitations!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was one of the most... i dunno.... what the... all I can say is really? Why him of all the choices they could have had....

Was anyone else hoping it was gonna be a swerve and
Sting be the "3rd man" ala Hogan/nWo?
Or was that only me?

[quote name='Demolition Man']Really TNA???? Really???

D-Von = leader of Aces & Eights.
[/QUOTE]
He never said he was the leader... Nor did anyone else.

Scorch should have posted the fail horns for you jumping to them young conclusions.

Austin Aries is currently the best champion in any organization.

Swap out is with was...

[quote name='Brak']He never said he was the leader... Nor did anyone else.

Scorch should have posted the fail horns for you jumping to them young conclusions.[/QUOTE]

Oh. I didn't have the show on so I wasn't aware outside of a few Twitter comments that made it sound like he was revealed as the leader. My bad. My apologies. I am sorry.

Speaking of making mistakes don't you mean "wrong conclusions" there buddy? ;)

And yeah..... I'm not going to even comment on the main event's ending.

[quote name='mitch079']I know, we might as well just turn on that Honey Boo Boo shit.[/QUOTE]
Nah, even Vince's writers aren't so bad as to make anyone watch that shit.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Really TNA???? Really???

D-Von = leader of Aces & Eights.
[/QUOTE]

I respect that they are trying to think outside the box with what they have at their disposal. People would be rolling their eyes if it had been the obvious choices of
Sting
Hulk Hogan
Eric Bischoff
, or
Bully Ray
. Did anyone think it would be
D-Von
? I know I didn't. (Of course,
as has been said, he might not even be the "leader.
")

No, but he may have been driving the hummer.

And, when I came in here, I was thinking the "Really TNA, Really?????" remarks were over the results of the main event. Talk about never learning from the past.

Reading the results now. For me, the biggest "what the heck, TNA" goes to them
jobbing out Zema Ion to Stoner McDude. Van Dam does not need a title to be relevant.

Of course, TNA jobbing out Aries to the spot monkey is equally heinous. But, I thought they would do so.

I spend most of my wrasslin time watching WWE's "Are You Serious" web series, and that's about it. Sometimes, what ever looks appealing in their YouTube feed. Gotta give credit to the ladies in WWE. Some of the more interesting stuff in the company. Genuinely don't know who will "win" those matches. Everything else is predictable.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Speaking of making mistakes don't you mean "wrong conclusions" there buddy? ;)[/QUOTE]
No... :lol:

[quote name='Aldogg']Thanks for the ROH results demo. I have bad luck getting ROH IPPVs and as excited I was for Elgin vs Steen I didn't want to waste my time and not get be able to get it.[/QUOTE]

I was on the fence about ordering it myself given the track record ROH has had this past year with iPPV. Thankfully they are now using a completely different company for handling the live iPPV streaming which really showed tonight. Outside of two really brief one second video drops (which I'm guessing is a camera/cabling issue since there was still audio during those two brief drops) the stream was smooth and looked pretty good. I will say that I do hope the next iPPV offers some kind of higher bitrate 720p feed as it did look a bit too compressed. I'm pretty happy overall with the experience on this iPPV. If this is any indication of the future of ROH iPPV then they got me back as a repeat iPPV buyer!

Hell, at this point I think its going to end up being Garrett Bischoff between that smug walkoff he did when Hogan didn't choose him for the TV title match and his pairing with Devon.

On paper, BFG seems pretty poopy, but I might watch it later anyhow.

BFG Spoilers / Rant:

The Aces & 8s thing was pretty surprising (although I think Brak pretty much predicted it). I hate the ending though, even if it was a surprise. Pretty sure Devon's not the leader, and the group will be comprised of guys shit-canned from TNA / WWE. The leader is Probably Eric Bishoff leading / consulting / financing them and the big "shock" will be Garret turning his back on TNA to join his dad. The leader? Probably someone like Jarret.

I like Jeff Hardy. Hell, I was a diehard Hardy fan pretty much since he left WWE. That said, I hate his TNA run and I hate the fact that they rushed a Heel turn for AA and had him lose cleanly to Jeff. Unless this leads to him getting a clean win of his own down the line, I'll pretty much chalk his entire TNA run to starting out awesome, but ending on a shitty note.

All in all, they had a little good will from me and IWC. After Destination X, they were legit the best thing going in Pro Wresting. But then they pissed away all of September and now most of October has been shit. I went from eagerly catching the new Impacts to just not caring anymore. Good job, TNA.

So on an impulse buy, I went ahead and picked up the CM Punk Blu-Ray -- last one at my local Walmart.

I had already watched the documentary portion via "other means" but apparently the DVD documentary is shorter than the blu-ray? Unless I've been misinformed by my friend, which is highly likely. I know the sticker on the blu-ray packaging claims to have 30 minutes of extra interviews/etc, but I guess I'll find out.

BFG

Don't just read about it: D'Von's reveal was actually done well, in my opinion. I could have done without the corny Hulkamania shit, though, but I appreciate how they worked the Internet into believing that D'Von had left the company.

I thought the PPV was great, overall. I really enjoyed the main event, even though I would have preferred Aries to retain for a little longer. But as a long-term storyline, I look forward to Aries being Hardy's foil.

I'll write more about that later.

I'm watching the CM Punk set right now and I about lost it when Scott Armstrong labeled him as the guy who was going to steal their cars.

Scorch, it's inconceivable to jump to a conclusion like that based on that post. She might have struggled with it throughout her life.

Last edited by a moderator:
This diva match is just horrible. Listening to JR is sadly putting me to sleep. It's like he has no idea what to even say to make it any better. Is it me or is Cole going back to his heel self with the comments?

Just turned Raw on for no particular reason, saw Miz get kicked in the face something fierce.

Hope he's okay/looking forward to the GIFs.

Aj3Ft.gif

i9fuR.gif

[quote name='KaneRobot']HiaC is in Atlanta? Hopefully the Goldberg chants are off the charts.[/QUOTE]

I read that, and just had a sudden thought of Goldberg interfering in the match by spearing Ryback through the cell. Which would, of course, lead to a match at Wrestlemania.

So WWE wants to legitimize their tag team division and let people know it. Their idea of sticking the word Team in front of some pretty good names (Hell No!, CoBro, Rhodes Scholars) is pretty much a slap in the face.

[quote name='JJSP']Jesus, I can't even count how few fucks I give about anything involving Ryback.[/QUOTE]

This. Ryberg wwe champion? -shudders-. I could see the 50% viewer drop if that ever happened.

[quote name='Cheapskate McGee']I read that, and just had a sudden thought of Goldberg interfering in the match by spearing Ryback through the cell. Which would, of course, lead to a match at Wrestlemania.[/QUOTE]

Nice thought, but the last thing they want to do after training the retarded apes in the crowd to chant feed me more is refuel the Goldberg public awareness.

I am quite serious when I say my favorite WWE moment of the year would have been the fan screaming GOLDBERG into the house mic on Raw if it had actually been patched in to the TV audio mix at the time. Actually, it may still be anyway.

[quote name='Scorch']
i9fuR.gif
[/QUOTE]

Most unexpected channeling of Toshiaki Kawada to date. Good lord.

[quote name='ced']Most unexpected channeling of Toshiaki Kawada to date. Good lord.[/QUOTE]

That definitely makes Kawada grimace real big. (Which is the equivalent to a smile.)

Watchings clips from Raw. Just want to say that the JR, Cole, JBL team they have had, off and on, is one of my favorite commentary teams. Even when it's just JR and Cole, Cole seems to raise his game just because JR is there. Cole is actually not too bad when he's in a competent team! Weird!

Have any of you (that actually watch) missed Lawler since he's been gone? I mean, I'm glad he's going to be alright, but I've grown tired of his pervert gimmick over the years. The new announce combos are so much better than the stale King/Cole team.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Have any of you (that actually watch) missed Lawler since he's been gone? I mean, I'm glad he's going to be alright, but I've grown tired of his pervert gimmick over the years. The new announce combos are so much better than the stale King/Cole team.[/QUOTE]

Glad he's well—but Lawler has been tiresome, and straight-up awful, since his late-1990s face turn. I think I like him less than Cole. Hmm.

[youtube]5dUM3RlczCE[/youtube]

And, I know the crowd probably did a "This is awesome" chant for more perverse reasons, but, hot damn, they're actually letting the women put together competent matches. Eve has become of my favorite people on the entire WWE roster. Where am I; what is this.

Edit: Miz is one heck of a character. He's come a long way since his first WWE appearance.

[quote name='shotgunshine']Did Michael Cole call Ryberg "Big Hungry" again?[/QUOTE]

Yeah. May have been THE Big Hungry though.

Don't think anyone really misses Lawler on commentary.

[quote name='Chase']
[youtube]5dUM3RlczCE[/youtube]

And, I know the crowd probably did a "This is awesome" chant for more perverse reasons, but, hot damn, they're actually letting the women put together competent matches. Eve has become of my favorite people on the entire WWE roster. Where am I; what is this.[/QUOTE]Glad to see I'm not the only one who liked their match last night. Eve did a nice job at keeping Layla grounded with her mat work. It was technically-sound, smart wrestling, and from a Diva, no less.

That gif is hard to watch. From the dirt sheets, says he might have a concussion. If that's true I wonder what match they will have to replace it.

Wrestling is kind of a funny business. People say it isn't real, and of course if everything goes to plan it's completely scripted and fake as hell. It's those times when things don't go to plan, when someone screws up, that's when it gets real. When someone really does get clocked in the head with a kick that should have barely touched him if at all, that's real. Which when you think about it is kind of sad, the only real action you're likely to see in wrestling is when someone gets hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back