The Official PS4 & XBOX ONE Ebay/Scalping Thread.

I don't mean to kick you while you're down but if losing the $400 puts you in bad financial shape, you really shouldn't be trying to get in on the high risk flipping scheme. I rarely dropship items but I would only offer to guarantee any item if I was the one to handle the shipping myself.

As mentioned earlier, as long as he's an honest guy you'll get your money back in the end with minor loss. The fact that he has messaged you over 50 times makes me think he's just a a panicked buyer that realized he overpaid for a PS4. If he was a scammer I think he would have simply waited it out and opened the case on you without such obvious angst and anxiety. Good luck with that.
yeah, i agree someone who is a scammer, or intend to scam would not message back and forth. his buyer most likely will ask for a refund, and return the ps4 to him.

if you say you are going to do something, you better make sure you can.  i would be pissed too, if i didn't get in on the day i paid to get it, I'm sure he paid a premium.

yeah, i agree someone who is a scammer, or intend to scam would not message back and forth. his buyer most likely will ask for a refund, and return the ps4 to him.
Another thing to look for regarding a scammer is checking the "Feedback left for sellers" link on his profile. If you see a lot of revised feedbacks done by him, then it's a dead giveaway that he neg'd a bunch of sellers and bullied them into giving some concession/replacement. If he has 100% feedback with a normal feedback trail, I actually may give him the benefit of the doubt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently enough to ruin my weekend and throw a huge fit. He tells me he can just get it locally. This sucks.last time I do this. Not with it guys.
For weeks people have been saying in this forum there was no money to be made selling the PS4 on ebay. For weeks the costs have been going down and down and down. People say get signature confirmation or you are screwed time after time in this thread. There have been maybe 20 posts in this thread that have said that. But you went against all of this in order to make maybe at most $80 after taxes, fees, and shipping. People saw a situation like yours coming for weeks. That is an incredible amount of risk you took for virtually nothing in your pocket.

You should just chalk this up as a learning experience. People are untrustworthy and will get over on you if you give them the chance.

For weeks people have been saying in this forum there was no money to be made selling the PS4 on ebay. For weeks the costs have been going down and down and down. People say get signature confirmation or you are screwed time after time in this thread. There have been maybe 20 posts in this thread that have said that. But you went against all of this in order to make maybe at most $80 after taxes, fees, and shipping. People saw a situation like yours coming for weeks. That is an incredible amount of risk you took for virtually nothing in your pocket.

You should just chalk this up as a learning experience. People are untrustworthy and will get over on you if you give them the chance.
I'm happy making my 100. :D

Worried that I may get scammed, I sold mine for 700 dollars but the guy has a feedback of 100% 279 feedback, I messaged him 3 times since then, first message I send him was just a transaction confirmation thank you message and he replied back with a thank you as well .Then I send him messages containing the tracking number and another message with the 12 month code but haven't heard back from him since. He hasn't left positive feedback but the delivery on UPS says it was delivered on Friday. Should I be worried? What are possible scenarios where he can scam me? How much time needs to pass until I'm in the clear?  If it happens can you report them? What can be done?

Worried that I may get scammed, I sold mine for 700 dollars but the guy has a feedback of 100% 279 feedback, I messaged him 3 times since then, first message I send him was just a transaction confirmation thank you message and he replied back with a thank you as well .Then I send him messages containing the tracking number and another message with the 12 month code but haven't heard back from him since. He hasn't left positive feedback but the delivery on UPS says it was delivered on Friday. Should I be worried? What are possible scenarios where he can scam me? How much time needs to pass until I'm in the clear? If it happens can you report them? What can be done?
Thirty days I think. You are fine. Most of my buyers NEVER leave feedback. You had tracking info which is good.

For weeks people have been saying in this forum there was no money to be made selling the PS4 on ebay. For weeks the costs have been going down and down and down. People say get signature confirmation or you are screwed time after time in this thread. There have been maybe 20 posts in this thread that have said that. But you went against all of this in order to make maybe at most $80 after taxes, fees, and shipping.
There's no money to be made on eBay, period. Over 10 years ago it was a heaven for collectors, you could buy and sell things you couldn't find for nominal fees and scams were rare. How things have gone south over the course of time, after increased fees and Paypal rules, most legit sellers left, and now even fewer buyers because there's nothing worth buying except those thinking nothing but scamming sellers.

i had a listing on CL and some shmuck was trying to fraud his way to a free PS4.  Had my number on the CL listing and the shmuck message me offering to pay more than i requested (req $575, offer $600). He wanted to pay me via PayPal asap and offer and extra $100 to send overnight via USPS express shipping.  This had fraud written all over it. kindly turn this fuck face down and say i deal locally only. 

I probably would had fallen for this con had it not been for all the good CAG here with their excellent advices.  

There's no money to be made on eBay, period. Over 10 years ago it was a heaven for collectors, you could buy and sell things you couldn't find for nominal fees and scams were rare. How things have gone south over the course of time, after increased fees and Paypal rules, most legit sellers left, and now even fewer buyers because there's nothing worth buying except those thinking nothing but scamming sellers.
the main issue here is the fact that sony had one million consoles for launch, they were prepared. I'm surprised they all sold, kudos for sony, but demand was met.

After a non paying bidder I put my ps4's up on craigslist and have sold 6 for $525 a piece. I have 3 left that have buyers coming tomorrow. Screw ebay. I knew there were non paying bidders but mine had decent feedback and still backed out. When its all said and done i'll have made semi decent money on the PS4. Now for the Xbox One.. This was no PS3 profits but we made our money fellas

i had a listing on CL and some shmuck was trying to fraud his way to a free PS4. Had my number on the CL listing and the shmuck message me offering to pay more than i requested (req $575, offer $600). He wanted to pay me via PayPal asap and offer and extra $100 to send overnight via USPS express shipping. This had fraud written all over it. kindly turn this fuck face down and say i deal locally only.

I probably would had fallen for this con had it not been for all the good CAG here with their excellent advices.
Sometimes I'm tempted to just give them a backup Paypal account and to scam those guys back by just taking the money outright and closing the account and not bother sending anything.

Sometimes I'm tempted to just give them a backup Paypal account and to scam those guys back by just taking the money outright and closing the account and not bother sending anything.
I know. Was thinking that too bro. What can he do if I don't send it. God knows how many uninform innocent people he ass has scam. Had I scam him, i would not have even a small bit of sympathy for him

Edit: this CL list had no mention of paypal but dude wanted to pay using paypal. WTF, this is probably not his 1st time scamming people by abusing paypal policies. Clearly he knows what he's doing.

I'm happy making my 100. :D
This is what it's all about my friend!

Should I be worried? What are possible scenarios where he can scam me? How much time needs to pass until I'm in the clear? If it happens can you report them? What can be done?
Don't fret. You have proof of delivery but your exposed by emailing him the 12-month code. Did you record the serial number?

This is an ever growing issue with eBay and PayPal as the buyer culture is changing. I wonder where eBay will be five years from now?

i had a listing on CL and some shmuck was trying to fraud his way to a free PS4. Had my number on the CL listing and the shmuck message me offering to pay more than i requested (req $575, offer $600). He wanted to pay me via PayPal asap and offer and extra $100 to send overnight via USPS express shipping. This had fraud written all over it. kindly turn this fuck face down and say i deal locally only.

You're welcome!

the main issue here is the fact that sony had one million consoles for launch, they were prepared. I'm surprised they all sold, kudos for sony, but demand was met.
I agree... it sucks! LOL All eyes on Microsoft. :shock:

After a non paying bidder I put my ps4's up on craigslist and have sold 6 for $525 a piece. I have 3 left that have buyers coming tomorrow. Screw ebay. I knew there were non paying bidders but mine had decent feedback and still backed out. When its all said and done i'll have made semi decent money on the PS4. Now for the Xbox One.. This was no PS3 profits but we made our money fellas
AWESOME!!! Cash up front and no follow-up service issues... nice rebound! The sells on eBay are starting to pickup, hopefully this translate to a spike in prices and solvent buyers. Much like yourself I'm also seeing an lucrative opportunity with the Xbox One launch. :whistle2:k

Edit: this CL list had no mention of paypal but dude wanted to pay using paypal. WTF, this is probably not his 1st time scamming people by abusing paypal policies. Clearly he knows what he's doing.
Wow! I thought using PayPal before a meet was ideal?

^ Accepting PayPal for a pick up is the worst possible idea.... EVER.

You have to show proof of delivery. Period. All he has to do after the meet is claim "INR" and you will lose.

Even if he sends the funds as a "GIFT" he could always claim "unauthorized use" and you wouldn't be able to provide proof of shipment.

That is why for eBay listings that have "local pick-up" as a "shipping" option are advised NOT to accept PayPal because you can't show proof of shipment. The only exception might be if you have one of those PayPal HERE card readers or whatever they are called that hooks up to a smart phone/tablet and then the buyer can swipe their card and sign for it... But I haven't used one of those so I could be completely off base.

Now if the CL buyer had asked the poster above to ship the item and was willing to pay via eBay it may very well have been a scam but he would have the same protection had it been a regular eBay listing.

^ Accepting PayPal for a pick up is the worst possible idea.... EVER.

You have to show proof of delivery. Period. All he has to do after the meet is claim "INR" and you will lose.

Even if he sends the funds as a "GIFT" he could always claim "unauthorized use" and you wouldn't be able to provide proof of shipment.

That is why for eBay listings that have "local pick-up" as a "shipping" option are advised NOT to accept PayPal because you can't show proof of shipment. The only exception might be if you have one of those PayPal HERE card readers or whatever they are called that hooks up to a smart phone/tablet and then the buyer can swipe their card and sign for it... But I haven't used one of those so I could be completely off base.

Now if the CL buyer had asked the poster above to ship the item and was willing to pay via eBay it may very well have been a scam but he would have the same protection had it been a regular eBay listing.
After reading the original post I figured lack of "delivery confirmation" would leave a seller exposed to a potential scam. "Unauthorized use" and the eBay "local pickup" clause are new to me. Good information!

Don't fret. You have proof of delivery but your exposed by emailing him the 12-month code. Did you record the serial number?
I don't understand, how I'am exposed? Shouldn't I have to email him the code? He paid for the bundle which included the 12 month code. and what do you mean record the serial number? amazon delivered it to him remember

I don't understand, how I'am exposed? Shouldn't I have to email him the code? He paid for the bundle which included the 12 month code. and what do you mean record the serial number? amazon delivered it to him remember
No the serial to the 12 Month of PlayStation Plus. You should never email any codes because you aren't protected. He could claim he never received them and because you didn't actually ship the card to him you could get screwed...

No the serial to the 12 Month of PlayStation Plus. You should never email any codes because you aren't protected. He could claim he never received them and because you didn't actually ship the card to him you could get screwed...
By that logic, then wouldn't everyone who sold a PS4 bundle on ebay be screwed then? Since none of the buyers will actually be getting their 12 month codes with their bundles?

By that logic, then wouldn't everyone who sold a PS4 bundle on ebay be screwed then? Since none of the buyers will actually be getting their 12 month codes with their bundles?
Not if they were smart enough to actually ship the PS4 from their home and include the 12 Month in the packaging. This is another reason why drop shipping from Amazon is a bad idea. People are just asking to get screwed I guess.

P.S. If he's an honest buyer then you might not have anything to worry about but if he wanted to, He could screw you out of that 12 Month for sure...

Not if they were smart enough to actually ship the PS4 from their home and include the 12 Month in the packaging. This is another reason why drop shipping from Amazon is a bad idea. People are just asking to get screwed I guess.

P.S. If he's an honest buyer then you might not have anything to worry about but if he wanted to, He could screw you out of that 12 Month for sure...
Yeah well I guess it comes down to whether or not he is an honest buyer, if he is, I did the right thing in sending him the code, if not, I guess I'm screwed then :/ along with the others who decided to sell preorders Amazon via dropshipping.

Sweet, I just got rid of all 4 of my ps3 for $100 profit each on CL today. So the one I kept for myself basically only cost me tax.

I'm ready for xbox 1. Hopefully the scarcity is there as anticipated. I'm hoping for higher profit margin than ps4.

what do you mean record the serial number?
I was referring to the serial number on the PS4. Often times someone will swap their broken or defective unit for your shiny new fully functional one. In reality they returned a broken unit to you but in actuality it wasn't the unit you sent them.

Yeah well I guess it comes down to whether or not he is an honest buyer, if he is, I did the right thing in sending him the code, if not, I guess I'm screwed then :/ along with the others who decided to sell preorders Amazon via dropshipping.
The odds are in your favor considering the PS4 is soldout everywhere but you should take note of b49adam's input.

Sweet, I just got rid of all 4 of my ps3 for $100 profit each on CL today. So the one I kept for myself basically only cost me tax.

I'm ready for xbox 1. Hopefully the scarcity is there as anticipated. I'm hoping for higher profit margin than ps4.
I like your mindset! Craigslist seems to be the best route to go before the weekend. I currently have several offers from $600-$620 on Craigslist... I'll probably sale 5 units now and ride the wave of uncertainty on my remaining units into Black Friday?

The Xbox One launch is looking VERY lucrative! I talked with a Target store rep today and she shared with me they're only getting 16 units compared to the 33 PS4's a week prior. A Meijer rep shared with me they'll be getting 20-30 XB1's compared to the 72 PS4's they received last week. Still waiting on intel from Best Buy and a few others.

I was referring to the serial number on the PS4. Often times someone will swap their broken or defective unit for your shiny new fully functional one. In reality they returned a broken unit to you but in actuality it wasn't the unit you sent them.

The odds are in your favor considering the PS4 is soldout everywhere but you should take note of b49adam's input.

I like your mindset! Craigslist seems to be the best route to go before the weekend. I currently have several offers from $600-$620 on Craigslist... I'll probably sale 5 units now and ride the wave of uncertainty on my remaining units into Black Friday?

The Xbox One launch is looking VERY lucrative! I talked with a Target store rep today and she shared with me they're only getting 16 units compared to the 33 PS4's a week prior. A Meijer rep shared with me they'll be getting 20-30 XB1's compared to the 72 PS4's they received last week. Still waiting on intel from Best Buy and a few others.
I listed my PS4s for 620, but I'm only getting offers around 530 or trades. :( I got one person who wanted to trade their Vita, iPod 5th gen, and 100 dollars for a PS4. LOL no thanks.

I wish I got some Xbox One preorders. Anyone think it'll be possible to get some at launch to try and resell?

I listed my PS4s for 620, but I'm only getting offers around 530 or trades. :( I got one person who wanted to trade their Vita, iPod 5th gen, and 100 dollars for a PS4. LOL no thanks.

I wish I got some Xbox One preorders. Anyone think it'll be possible to get some at launch to try and resell?
LOL @ no thanks

There's always the old fashion way... line up with the sheep! I recommend taking a small group of family and friends. If you have to wait in line make it count... 3-5 consoles minimum! :grouphug:

Amazon just sent out emails saying XBOX ONEs will go on sale again tomorrow for a limited time. I honestly don't see a big secondary market for them either.

I ended up getting $100 profit off my PS4. Had opportunities to get a little more, but had a lot of flakes through Craigslist. Just took the first person who showed up with cash.

Not mad though, I'll gladly use the $100 towards my Xbox One. Curious to see what happens with the One, I've got 2 preorders so I plan on trying to flip one of them as well.

a hundred dollar profits not bad especially all we did was pre-order and list on CL.

Still hoping XB1 can fetch a higher price than PS4, but would still settle for $100.  

I ended up getting $100 profit off my PS4. Had opportunities to get a little more, but had a lot of flakes through Craigslist. Just took the first person who showed up with cash.

Not mad though, I'll gladly use the $100 towards my Xbox One. Curious to see what happens with the One, I've got 2 preorders so I plan on trying to flip one of them as well.

a hundred dollar profits not bad especially all we did was pre-order and list on CL.

Still hoping XB1 can fetch a higher price than PS4, but would still settle for $100.
As the founder and CEO of Gardner Rich & Co. personally told me, "Keep knocking down singles and doubles... singles and doubles!"

excellent! Now it's time to turn on the XB1 money printing press...

yep, i have 2 more ps4s on layway from wally's world. i already sold one xbox for $700. Got another xbox at target preordered!!!! let's go!!!

i think the ps4s price might be climbing back up babe!

So far I have been offered the following trades on craigslist for a PS4:

1. Medical marijuana card

2. Medical marijuana card

3. "tons of weed"

4. used PS3 with 37 games

5. remote controlled car

6. Medical marijuana card

just sold a ps4 for $630 on ebay!!!!
AWESOME!!!

excellent! Now it's time to turn on the XB1 money printing press...
^QFT

yep, i have 2 more ps4s on layway from wally's world. i already sold one xbox for $700. Got another xbox at target preordered!!!! let's go!!!

i think the ps4s price might be climbing back up babe!
LAYWAY? That's a great way to leverage your money! It appears the prices of BOTH PS4 and XB1 are climbing. :whee:

I live in one of the biggest cities (Houston) and have only got one bite on my PS4! I have it listed for 560 (willing to take less).
$560 is a steal! You need to become proactive my friend. :shame:

So far I have been offered the following trades on craigslist for a PS4:

1. Medical marijuana card

2. Medical marijuana card

3. "tons of weed"

4. used PS3 with 37 games

5. remote controlled car

6. Medical marijuana card
Hold on playboy... what kind of remote controlled car did you say that was?!?

I live in one of the biggest cities (Houston) and have only got one bite on my PS4! I have it listed for 560 (willing to take less).
I didn't get any getting any bites either until I started listing it for $530. The way I see it is I rather make $100 rather than return or have it sitting at my house.

Question for those with bit more experience on this side of the coin than I do. I lucked out this morning with the Amazon Day One pre-orders. Which basically means that I'll have two bundles being shipped my way in a few days. 

I'm not really the eBay type so I'm thinking craigslist is the way to go. My question is: Would I be better off selling my extra bundle while everyone is in the launch day panic buy-mode or should I consider holding out for the rumored Christmas shortage? Worst case scenario I just return it to Costco. 

IMO, sell as soon as you can. We can't predict future supply. Take what u can get and continue looking for more to sell if u wanted to sell on Xmas week.

Update: Refunded the buyer $30 he received the PS4 on Monday and revised his feedback. Crisis averted and I still ended up selling it for $600.

Hopefully my X1 flip of $700 goes smoother. Appreciate everyone's help.

Can anyone help me with some advice on selling my PS3? :)

Thanks again for your help everyone!

bread's done
Back