The OTT needs a villain. Come annoy us!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about The Maw but Bastion seemed really cool from the demo and I'm hearing nothing but love for it on all the gaming podcasts. I really liked the narration aspect of it. I don't think I've ever experienced it quite so detailed/random like it is in Bastion.

As far as The Maw goes I think maybe Frosty would have to answer that. I believe he played a lot of that when it came out. I might have him confused with someone else though.

Really hope work is actually busy instead of the slow morass it's been for the past 3 nights. Can't leave early because I'm going on vacation next week and should save my time for that.

Some nights thought just standing there, staring at the clock and either reading a book or tv tropes just gets to me. If only I was interested in my co-workers but I could care less.

I will start the final battle section of dragon age tonight and then hopefully finish that off over the weekend. I'll either devote more of my attention to Infamous and Half-Life 2 or start Demons Souls after that.

N/P - Prince - Lovesexy

[quote name='seanr1221']Spotify premium is worth every penny.[/QUOTE]

Really? I'm super close to subscribing. I just need to be convinced. How much better is the sound quality?

Anyone know of a good place to trade-in used CDs (that are slightly scratched)? Or just a place to trade-in CDs in general.

I think Rocko had some success with secondspin.com. I don't know personally though.

I can't believe there used to be a time of my life when I traded my cds in at a record store. Mugsy's Records in Bloomsburg. I loved that place. Times they are a changin.

[quote name='prmononoke']Really? I'm super close to subscribing. I just need to be convinced. How much better is the sound quality?[/QUOTE]

I honestly haven't noticed a huge jump in the sound quality, it's just being able to play everything from my iPhone that's great. I've always been jealous of the Zune Pass, and this fills things nicely.

---

I think I want to build a PC once we settle into our place this fall.

2 questions.

How realistic is it to build my own if I know little to nothing about this kind of stuff

and

How much would I be looking to spend if I wanted to run the current top games?

[quote name='Maklershed']I'm not that big of a Star Wars nut but this Star Wars 360 is sexy as hell and I'm fairly certain I'm gonna get it when its available ...

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/07/21/r2d2-style-xbox-360-kinect-bundle-rolling-out-for-star-wars-kine/[/QUOTE]

Nice. I don't care for the star wars game or kinect, but I wonder if the 320 GB HD is going to be standard. If so, I may finally upgrade to a slim. I think my disc drive (or something) is beginning to fail, so it may be about time.

[quote name='seanr1221']I honestly haven't noticed a huge jump in the sound quality, it's just being able to play everything from my iPhone that's great. I've always been jealous of the Zune Pass, and this fills things nicely.

---

I think I want to build a PC once we settle into our place this fall.

2 questions.

How realistic is it to build my own if I know little to nothing about this kind of stuff

and

How much would I be looking to spend if I wanted to run the current top games?[/QUOTE]

CK64 is a good resource for this, so is Ackbar. Music also just built one, I think, so he might know.

It partially depends on how scared you are of fucking up electronics and how good you are at troubleshooting.

For the most part, it's really order the supplys, fit the shit in the case, connect with cables, boom. If you get help making a shopping list... you should be good to go.

I'd wager you could build a really good PC for gaming for under $1000, especially if you shop from now til whenever you build it, so you can pick up good deals as they occur instead of being forced to buy everything in a small time window.

I was hoping to get some black friday deals like at Microcenter or something.

I think Microcenter will match NewEgg prices.

Also, I wonder if it will be weird going from OSx -> Windows 7. But I hear W7 is pretty great, so I'm sure it won't be so bad.

Putting together a PC is pretty simple nowadays since you should be able to tell where everything goes without any trouble.

Tested has a video of them putting together a PC for one of the Giant Bomb guys that should give you an idea of what the process is like.

[quote name='Number83']Do I want Bastion and/or The Maw, Mak?[/QUOTE]

I really liked the Maw. Some parts were frustrating, but for the most part it was a fairly easy puzzle type platformer/3D adventure. It was easy enough that I played it with no problem and challenging enough in some of the puzzles that Frosty wasn't bored. It was short, though. Your kids would be able to play it no problem and you might find it amusing.

^ Yeah From Dust and Toy Soldiers look good and that Insane Twisted whatever its called looks good if you're into Pixel Junk type stuff. Doesn't seem like my thing but has a really cool art style.

[quote name='seanr1221']Thanks, Frisky.

Oh yeah, Bastion is pretty great. I actually think this years SoA has the best lineup yet.[/QUOTE]

That's because you're crazy. :D
Bastion looks good, but I'll wait for a steam sale once it hits PC.
Save your points for Third Strike Online - August 24. Other than that? Buy Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet; it's Super Metroid in a spaceship with a great artstyle. ;)

[quote name='Maklershed']I don't know why I can't stop watching Ax Men. I watched the whole series and just started it up again. :([/QUOTE]

I've seen each episode of Survivorman at least thirty times.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']That's because you're crazy. :D
Bastion looks good, but I'll wait for a steam sale once it hits PC.
Save your points for Third Strike Online - August 24. Other than that? Buy Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet; it's Super Metroid in a spaceship with a great artstyle. ;)[/QUOTE]

You don't think From Dust and Toy Soldiers 2 look good?

I can understand not being excited for Fruit Ninja, but the other 4 games look really good.

I left a nearly empty bowl of cereal in my room before I left my house. I havent been back in 2 days. The milk has coagulated into a glue-like substance. Surprisingly there is no mold yet.

[quote name='seanr1221']You don't think From Dust and Toy Soldiers 2 look good?

I can understand not being excited for Fruit Ninja, but the other 4 games look really good.[/QUOTE]

They're not the kind of games I usually play. I've watched enough trailers for them, but they're not my cup of tea, especially at 1200 each, the only games that looked good to me out of the 5 were Bastion and ITSP. :|

It's for FIOS. For whatever reason, their website is changing the expiration date on my credit card so I can't pay my fuckING BILL ARGHHHHH ALL I WANT TO DO IS GIVE THEM MY MONEY!!!!!!!!! fuckKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!! Oh, yeah, still on hold. fuck YOU!

Tell them you're going to switch. They normally hook it up if you tell them that. Worst case scenario you get to switch providers.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']There's a bunch of people in the GGT who play it (including me). What's up?[/QUOTE]

Just wondering if it's any good. Is it really as good as Minecraft? I've checked out a bunch of reviews and videos but still can't seem to figure out if I'd like it or just how it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back