The OTT still sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try living in a state with a sales tax but no income tax. (Washington)
And then working in a state with an income tax but no sales tax (Oregon).

[quote name='lordwow']Try living in a state with taxes on everything...[/QUOTE]
We do that here, but they are pretty low and no tax on groceries.

[quote name='lordwow']MA:
- 5.3% income
- 6.25% sales

NY:
- Variable rate income (higher than MA if you make more than $20k)
- 4% sales[/QUOTE]

Dude. Sales tax in this county is 8%.
Sales tax in Dutchess is 8.125%.

Sales tax in my county is 8.75% And not to long ago some assholes tried to raise to 9.75 but it was voted down. fuck that and fuck them for wanting more money is mismanage and waste.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']We do? I barely notice it. Federal is what rapes me up the ass on a yearly basis.[/QUOTE]

Not me. I owe every year for state. My last tax payment to good ol' NY was $300.

[quote name='tiredfornow']How'd you meet your gf if not on FB and she lives in NH, JFD? Just curious, not putting you on blast or anything. :\I don't think 8.whatever percent of 515 bison dollars is 10, mang. :p[/QUOTE]

I wasn't talking about sales tax. I was talking about TSA security fees and such.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Not me. I owe every year for state. My last tax payment to good ol' NY was $300.[/QUOTE]

I just make sure to claim 0 for state to make sure they take extra because it's always off. I should probably adjust my federal claim to be 2 or something since I usually get a decent refund in February.

We don't have sales tax on unprepared food, medicine, nor clothing in MN.

But with a $6 Billion budget deficit looming in 2012, I expect clothing to start to get taxed.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I just make sure to claim 0 for state to make sure they take extra because it's always off. I should probably adjust my federal claim to be 2 or something since I usually get a decent refund in February.[/QUOTE]

I bumped myself up to 1, I've just started to think of it as the larger the refund, the bigger interest-free loan I'm giving the government. I could care less about the refund check honestly.

Oh yeah, I live in an area with 6 different counties and 2 cities with their own tax levies.

Depending on where the Target I'm buying shit from, I pay 7.125%(nearly everywhere), 7.275%(Hennepin County that's not Minneapolis), 7.625%(St. Paul) or 7.775%(Minneapolis). HC and Minny have a higher tax rate to pay for the Twins luxury palace, Target Field.

I try to not buy any taxable items in St. Paul, Hennepin County, or Minneapolis.

ok so i saw a bunch of PM's about munch saying he'd send me stuff.
he hasn't (except 2 games that i can't play).
Munch, send me a DVD that I can review, or a souvenir from somewhere.

[quote name='lordwow']Try living in a state with taxes on everything...[/QUOTE]

:wave:

[quote name='manthing']We don't have sales tax on unprepared food, medicine, nor clothing in MN.
[/QUOTE]

Well, OK, almost everything. PA is the same (no taxes on unprepared food, clothing or books) and it's 6% (7% in Reading and 8% if in Philadelphia) sales tax.

[quote name='craven_fiend']Morning, OTT![/QUOTE]

:wave:

___

Hey Bringer of teh Hellz, it shows that your package was delivered...everything get there ok?

[quote name='Number83']
Well, OK, almost everything. PA is the same (no taxes on unprepared food, clothing or books) and it's 6% (7% in Reading and 8% if in Philadelphia) sales tax.[/QUOTE]

Does that 7% for Reading include books?

Terrible, terrible joke, I know.

[quote name='JStryke']Does that 7% for Reading include books?

Terrible, terrible joke, I know.
[/QUOTE]

I see what you did there! ;)

[quote name='Number83']
Bringer of teh Hellz, it shows that your package was delivered...everything get there ok?[/QUOTE]
Yessir, I gots it.

FB incoming.

Woke up early this morning to download X-Men arcade, pumped up to play it only to find out in my first game that its boring as hell because noobs just spam their specials, die, repeat process because of infinite lives.

Hey #83, or anyone else who isn't a scrooge -- if you end up at Target and see Super Street Fighter 4 (360) on clearance for ~$10, please grab it for me?

I should have looked closer at that Doors vinyl I bought last week. I go to play it today to find out one of the records is actually their Waiting for the Sun album and not the first record of the compilation.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Hey #83, or anyone else who isn't a scrooge -- if you end up at Target and see Super Street Fighter 4 (360) on clearance for ~$10, please grab it for me?[/QUOTE]

360? What happened to your PS3 love?

Motherfucking school district. Sent my kid home for two days in a row because of nothing more than a cough and a runny nose.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Hey #83, or anyone else who isn't a scrooge -- if you end up at Target and see Super Street Fighter 4 (360) on clearance for ~$10, please grab it for me?[/QUOTE]

$13.48 close enough?

[quote name='eldergamer']Motherfucking school district. Sent my kid home for two days in a row because of nothing more than a cough and a runny nose.[/QUOTE]

Why couldn't I get that shit growin' up?

[quote name='Number83']$13.48 close enough?[/QUOTE]

Yeah -- that'd do.

--

Linkin, since my fight stick is dual modded and I love me some fighting games, why should I not want a ~$10 copy of SSF4 for 360 so I can play against people like jimbo slice and manthing who don't have it for ps3?

[quote name='darthbudge']Motherfucking school district. Sending my kid home two days in a row because they are trying to stop infectious diseases.[/QUOTE]

What? Since when do you have a kid, budge?

And whomever's kid -- do they at least get credit for "attending" school that day?

[quote name='darthbudge']Motherfucking school district. Sending my kid home two days in a row because they are trying to stop infectious diseases.[/QUOTE]

It's clear snot and a dry cough. If he had a fever or vomiting, sure he'd stay home. Otherwise he's the school's problem.

[quote name='MusicNoteLess']Are kinects hard to find nowadays? I went to target and saw a hoarder buy the last 3.[/QUOTE]

They're a little scarce but they don't seem to get a whole lot on eBay that would make that worth it.

For the first time in weeks, I was busy at work the entire day reorganizing the warehouse, shipping packages for the other company, and ordering stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back