The Outfit - Gen. Discussion & Info

Can't wait. Too bad I'm going on a road trip tomorrow, won't be able to play it much other than a little bit tonight.

this better be available by the time I finish my essay. If I keep checking CAG though I'll never finish this damn thing.

Looks like we got hosed. Damn you Microsoft and you're shitty marketplace content!!!! Give us stuff we actually WANT.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Where did you hear it would be @ 10?[/QUOTE]

Various boards, which I know isn't reliable, but thats the reason why I said "I heard" anyways, this was on IGN..

March 3, 2006 - Following the pre-game releases of Fight Night Round 3 and Full Auto, THQ is prepping to release a playable demo of its upcoming military combat game, The Outfit.

The fully downloadable demo, due to arrive on Xbox Live Marketplace today for Xbox 360, enables players for the first time prior to the game's full release to play a totally playable online game.

Unfortunately, while THQ's demo is ready to go, the data is now in Microsoft's hands. "The Outfit demo has passed certification and is being transfered to marketplace," a THQ official told us. But the game may not hit marketplace today, he added. The demo may appear at any time between today and Monday, IGN learned.

For those prepped and ready to fight, keep your eyes on Xbox Live Marketplace over the weekend for the demo to appear. We'll have more soon.

Man, I was callin' niggers all night to see if it was availble yet, I want to know if I should go out drinkin', fightin' and fuckin' after work or come home and relax with a new demo download.

fuck these fuckin' fucks.

Once we reach the Sabbath, we ain't gonna see shit 'til Monday.

[quote name='Brak']Once we reach the Sabbath, we ain't gonna see shit 'til Monday.[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm thinking too. I doubt someone at MS XBOX studios is going to be working to get this out Saturday or Sunday.
:twoguns: This will definately happen next week Monday or sometime after.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']It's obviously going to be a great game, since everyone is in such a rush to release the demo....[/QUOTE]

I just want free stuff. I've had more than enough WWII games, but hey - free.

[quote name='KaneRobot']I just want free stuff. I've had more than enough WWII games, but hey - free.[/quote]
same here

[quote name='shaunLEGEND']So according to this, the demo will allow us to play others on live? If so, that is freaking awesome..[/QUOTE]
Quake4 did too, but it wasnt so great.

[quote name='Eastsidecracker']Quake4 did too, but it wasnt so great.[/QUOTE]
yea but quake 4 sucks

they say between friday and monday, so does that mean before monday?

Details from mista' Nelson.

You can now download the demo of “The Outfit‘ from the Xbox Live Marketplace. This demo is available in all Xbox Live regions.

This is a multi-player demo, but it can only be played online with an Xbox Live Gold account. Silver members can download the demo but their gameplay experience will be limited to offline 1-1 split screen. Gold members get the full 8 player destruction experience. :)

Here are some official details on the level in the demo:

Name: Estate Assault
Game Type: Strategic Victory
Overview:
•After a coordinated offensive - Allied Command has commandeered a French villa just across the river from the Axis HQ.
•Choose your side (Allies or Axis) and squad leader to play (3 from either side; 6 total) and lead your squad into battle to destroy the enemy’s HQ, while defending your own.
•Capture strategic points located throughout the map to earn Field Units (F.U.s) – that can be used on the fly to call in Destruction on Demand™ - air-dropped into the action at any time. Everything can be called in from tanks, jeeps and half-tracks to squad reinforcements, machine gun nests, anti-tank guns and even air-strikes on enemy positions.

*thumbs up*

And me on Spring Break.. I get to enjoy this demo for hours..

Assuming, you know, that it doesn't completely fuck up on me like the Full Auto demo did. But I have hopes - Lots of people had problems with the Full Auto demo and retail game.. I haven't had a problem with any demo besides Full Auto.. so hopefully that was just a shitty coding job and this demo will work. Plus it's by THQ, so it should work.. THQ is a great company.

Nice presentation and menus.

Graphics are pretty non-nextgen.

This game is similar to Mercenaries. VERY, VERY similar. Almost a carbon copy minus the jumping or ducking. I just ordered a jeep and crashed it through sandbags and it blew up and parts flew everywhere. Pretty cool. Gonna play more.

Game's nothing special, but it's pretty fun. Think of Mercenaries gameplay combined with Battlefield (PC)'s spawn system.

The rockets have almost literally NO radius damage on them. You have to fire them pretty dead on, which is lame.

I like this game. I just put a guy in a wheelbarrow and drug him around the battlefield. Hey UGamer, send me an invite to play when you get done with it.

I'm going to pick this one up after Far Cry. Far Cry, Outfit, Oblivion, Battlefield, GRAW. That's my 'to get' list in order of importance.

/edit: Holy shit, Scorch just discovered the flamethrower. :D!!!!!

//edit2: HOLY SHIT! They just called an airstrike on the bridge and blew it out!!! This just got bumped up, I MUST HAVE THIS GAME!

I started a room. Sent an invite to RSA, UGamer and Brak.

Rooms can only hold 4 people, but I invited 5 people.. first come first play. Hurry up asshats, I want to play another round!

Downloading as we speak... should be done in the next 15 minutes i would assume... scorch and U... send me some invites!

Excellent....I LOVED Mercenaries, one of my favorite XBOX games to kill time. I already have this pre-ordered, the LIVE seems excellent. I will D/L in about an hour :) damn work.

Sent invites out.

DD - You'll love this then. I keep trying to jump.

But as I said, the graphics are not next-gen (this game could work on an XBox) and the game suffers from 'toxic water' (you die if you go in the water.. or maybe I just hit a landmine or something), but the game is fun.

I'm going to takea quick shower before everyone gets done downloading it.

Took forever to download but it's pretty fun! I've played 3 games online so far and I like it, I had no intentions of picking it up but now it's moved to my must rent list already. The demo will help this game unlike that terrible full auto demo.

bread's done
Back