The Outfit - Gen. Discussion & Info

So, is it just me, or are the vehicles, one of the main draws of the game, absolutely broken? How could a developer as "renowned" as Relic butcher such an important part of the game?

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']So, is it just me, or are the vehicles, one of the main draws of the game, absolutely broken? How could a developer as "renowned" as Relic butcher such an important part of the game?[/QUOTE]

?? I think it's just you.

It annoys me when companies like Valve are "caught off guard" when they release something over Steam and their content servers go nuts or are useless due to high demand...it makes you wonder if they're just ignorant or don't care enough to prepare. But, hey, it's Valve - sure, they're a big game developer, but they're still not exactly the richest company on the planet.

Now Microsoft? No fucking excuse. This is really lame.

Well, i'm at 66%. I stopped and started a few times, and it always seem to pick up at 50%. This is total BS that it will probably take me 4+ hours to download this demo. I wish they had a website you could d/l it at, then burn to a disc.....damn you MS.

I wonder if I should start and stop again....but I guess not, gone this far...just sucks waiting...aggghhhhh. MS can suck me lately. I actually have to write a letter to them to get my warranty issue resolved. One problem after another.

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']So, is it just me, or are the vehicles, one of the main draws of the game, absolutely broken? How could a developer as "renowned" as Relic butcher such an important part of the game?[/QUOTE]

It felt broken to me too, but after a while I got used to it. I thought the demo was pretty fun, lots of crazy mayhem with 3 people on each team.

[quote name='ksuwild25']It felt broken to me too, but after a while I got used to it. I thought the demo was pretty fun, lots of crazy mayhem with 3 people on each team.[/QUOTE]

How exactly do you get used to not being able to easily turn your vehicle around? It's terrible, end of discussion.

[quote name='chrishicks']I'm now at 83%. I might just get this downloaded in the next few hours.[/quote]

Holly shit dude, how many hours has it been?

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']How exactly do you get used to not being able to easily turn your vehicle around? It's terrible, end of discussion.[/QUOTE]

yea im not really diggin it too much

[quote name='VanillaGorilla']How exactly do you get used to not being able to easily turn your vehicle around? It's terrible, end of discussion.[/QUOTE]
Like all of your posts! It's your opinion and your entitled to it, but it doesn't mean everyone will find it terrible so STFU.

-Added to ignore list

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Holly shit dude, how many hours has it been?[/QUOTE]

I started the d/l right around 3:00pm and its now 7:22pm and I just hit 93%. when this is all said and done it will most likely have taken 5hrs. to get this file downloaded.

tick tock....

79%. It moved 1% in 4 minutes. I figure I got a good hour and a half left. I cannot believe this....

I would quit, but I'm afraid to start over.

Well, I got the call this after noon from Jaket tellin me this was out so I busted my ass and got out of work a bit early, I'm downloading it now, gonna shower up and it should be done by the time I get out.

Just got done playing for about 3 hours. I loved the demo. The game can get chaotic, especially when multiple air strikes are going on. I don't see how someone can't have fun with this game.

[quote name='chrishicks']it just finished downloading. this better be worth all the time it took.[/QUOTE]

congrats....still waiting here. Not sure what the problem is. I don't get how it takes some people 15 minutes and us 3+ hours

[quote name='doubledown']congrats....still waiting here. Not sure what the problem is. I don't get how it takes some people 15 minutes and us 3+ hours[/quote]Maybe your intranet is teh suck. It took me 25 minutes, and I'm on DSL, although I think my dad recently got a boost to our download speed.

[quote name='terribledeli']air strikes are the best. waiting for the allies to get on the bridge before doing it is even better.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, haha. On my last game they set up guys on the bridge, and guns, then I called an air strike and blew part of the bridge away and killed them all.

[quote name='doubledown']If I start over will it pick up at 84% or kick back down to the default 50%?[/QUOTE]

It should pick back up. I accidently canceled mine when it was 90% and it picked back up.

[quote name='sj41']Maybe your intranet is teh suck. It took me 25 minutes, and I'm on DSL, although I think my dad recently got a boost to our download speed.[/QUOTE]

No, my Internet is fast....Comcast Cable. I just tested my connection and it was 3+ MB/sec.

umm, my connection is 6MB and usually I can get the marketplace stuff in a matter of minutes. this one on the other hand was terrible.

ok already got it not to bad of a game. graphics arent that far away from an xbox game, the vehicle controls arent so great but it is fun though.

Is it just me or is turning and looking around with the right analog stick horribly slow? Maybe there's a speed adjustment somewhere. I only played it for a few minutes, but it seems eh... decent. I'll play more later tonight.

Wow this game is awesome. So what if the graphics arent great, the gameplay more than makes up for it. This game has a ton of replayability with friends in splitscreen or over Live. The vehicles take a little to get used to but they are awesome.

Game seems decent enough. A bit bland on the graphics and I had a few strange glitches while I played tonight such as my jeep moving sideways about 80 feet or so after turning. Other than that, seems like this might make a decent long rental for me. Definitly going to be picking up GRAW and Oblivion this month, but this one will be put aside unless I just have some extra money floating around.

GRAW and The outfit are completely different games. I don't see how they can be compared (i've seen a lot of people try)

[quote name='Superstar']GRAW and The outfit are completely different games. I don't see how they can be compared (i've seen a lot of people try)[/QUOTE]

I didn't know you couldn't compare things that were different? Is that some new law of physics? Actually, I always thought that was the point.... I mean, you wouldn't compare two things if they were identicle now would you?

Moderately fun, but nothing I could see myself enjoying for long. The control was ok, but it didn't wow me or anything. Looks like an XBox 1 game.

Very disappointing. I dont know for some reason I was expecting something out of this game. Doesnt feel at all like a Next Gen game. Looked more like an Xbox game even on my HD TV. I mean it was ok but not a $60 purchase.

Uhh.. hold down. Hold down-left. Drive forward. Repeat until turned around. How the hell is it hard to turn around?

I'm going to ignore doubledown's problems on any situation regarding the 360, he's always having problems. He's the slidecage of the 360 (Slidecage has problems in life, DD just has problems on the 360).

I don't know if I fully like it or not. It seemed sluggish in the movements of the characters. It was addictive especially with the flamethrower. I guess I will have to continue to try out tomorrow.

I was going to get it after playing the demo, but the lack of CAG'ers getting it changed my mind. I think i'll stick with the demo for a while until this drops down a bit. But it's insanely fun, though.

That shit is hot, I dunno what it's like to play with or against random people online but when CAGtac and some other dudes from here got together, the shit was mad fun and it makes me want this game more.

[quote name='JimmieMac']That shit is hot, I dunno what it's like to play with or against random people online but when CAGtac and some other dudes from here got together, the shit was mad fun and it makes me want this game more.[/QUOTE]

right, i was playin some random niggers earlier, and this shit wasnt all that great, but its pretty fun with cags

[quote name='JimmieMac']That shit is hot, I dunno what it's like to play with or against random people online but when CAGtac and some other dudes from here got together, the shit was mad fun and it makes me want this game more.[/QUOTE]

couldn't agree more... you with that flamethrower was some funny shit

"fuck 'em up nigger"

[quote name='tigerjh81']Games pretty much like a BF but lesser!!! okay game not worth 60 imo.[/quote]

Games pretty much like Mercenaries but more-er.

JD/Nazi chick = best character :cool:. I haven't lost a 1 on 1 match yet using either of those characters the whole time.

So what characters do you guys prefer?

bread's done
Back