The Outfit - Gen. Discussion & Info

I've only played as Tommy Mac, because, hey, they named a game character after me so the least I can do is play as him.

Anyone wanna hook up for a few round tomorrow afternoon ? Want to try out this game some more but every time I try a random match I get stuck with a bunch of idiots.

[quote name='Scorch']Uhh.. hold down. Hold down-left. Drive forward. Repeat until turned around. How the hell is it hard to turn around?

I'm going to ignore doubledown's problems on any situation regarding the 360, he's always having problems. He's the slidecage of the 360 (Slidecage has problems in life, DD just has problems on the 360).[/QUOTE]

Thanks for ignoring me. Not sure why my 360 always has problems. It worked great right until the first update at the end of January. It works great now, except for the slow downloads in the Marketplace. Everything else downloads fine....weird.

I let it run all night, turned Auto-OFF to Enabled. So, hopefully it d/l the demo. My 360 was off when I left this morning...so that worked.

So, I'm kind of up in the air on buying this. I think it's a lot of fun to play with people you are familiar with, but I wasn't having too much fun in just random quick matches. That being said, with this coming out a week after GRAW and Burnout, I can't imagine that many people that I play with buying and playing The Outfit on a consistent enough basis for me to spend $60. Hmm...

Its not a bad game, playing with my fellow CAG's is sweet, but im interested to see what they do for a single player game?, Also the run feature sucks and the controls need some tweaking.

[quote name='Wombat']Its not a bad game, playing with my fellow CAG's is sweet, but im interested to see what they do for a single player game?, Also the run feature sucks and the controls need some tweaking.[/quote]

*Drives tank into water*

I have no idea what you are talking about with the controls.

I could not get this to download yesterday evening. I am going to try again tonight. I waited over two hours last night with no results 50% for over an hour. So I deleted partial file on the hard drive and will try again. Anyone else have problems.

[quote name='flybrione']I could not get this to download yesterday evening. I am going to try again tonight. I waited over two hours last night with no results 50% for over an hour. So I deleted partial file on the hard drive and will try again. Anyone else have problems.[/quote]

doubledown'd!

I think I'll be playing this to pass the time till GRAW comes out. I'm getting it at BestBuy, so Im sure they wont have it today.

If anyone wants to play they can send me a friend request.

If you preorder it now you can get a faceplate. Sale that for 25 bucks on Ebay and then you spend 35 buck on the game.
Hey I might get this game now.

[quote name='doubledown']Thanks for ignoring me. Not sure why my 360 always has problems. It worked great right until the first update at the end of January. It works great now, except for the slow downloads in the Marketplace. Everything else downloads fine....weird.[/QUOTE]

It's not that i'm ignoring you (i'm not), i'm just ignoring any problems that you have with a certain title. For example, if you download the Ghost Recon demo (when it comes out) and you say your 360 flashed the red light twice then blew up, i'm going to ignore that problem because it sounds like you have an extremely defective 360. See what i'm going for now?

[quote name='shipwreck']doubledown'd![/QUOTE]

WooHoo...I have my own personal saying now.

just like from the Simpsons, "He pulled a Homer"

Scorch...this is my THIRD 360 now. So, it's not just one....not a big deal. I know I'm not the only one who had issues D/L this demo, I just want to know if it's my box or something else. Especially when other things d/l just as slow.

OK I will admit the multiplayer is a bit more fun than the singleplayer demo I played before.

However the Vehicle controls still suck total ass........ And there seem to be certain imbalances but it's fun nevertheless. Will probably be too busy with Ghost rEcon for this game tho when it comes out haha

I was actually contemplating getting this game since I had tons of gamerush credit and they give you a free faceplate with preorder, but man the demo sucked. It was somewhat enjoyable but everything seemed too slow and sluggish.

[quote name='takingchase']I was actually contemplating getting this game since I had tons of gamerush credit and they give you a free faceplate with preorder, but man the demo sucked. It was somewhat enjoyable but everything seemed too slow and sluggish.[/QUOTE]

u know there's a sprint button right? lol

DL it with no problems last night...will be online after the shield this evening to give it a go. I was looking forward to this game, so hopefully it is fun.

My only gripe with the game is the Atari 2600 Tank controls of all of the vehicles -- however, it's not that bad; I can deal with it.

I'm going to preorder it tomorrow when I pick up Advance Warfighter.

Ok.. I was doubtful after playing the demo yesterday. Today, I spent two hours straight on the demo and I must say, this has grown on me very quickly. I do not like the head to head mode at all ... but getting a good three on three game going and shit got crazy and was a blast. Really considering getting this now in addition to GRAW.

I FINALLY played the demo a bit today (amazing, I know). I thought it was OK, I was a little let down, but I will keep my pre-order. The controls need some work, but they are ok....it grew on me the more I played it. I was like....OH NO at first, but then I started to like it. Kinda reminded me of Star Wars Battlefront/Mercenaries.

I played it yesterday but don't think too much of it since I only played with random folk. I may try it with CAG's if at all possible before I make a decision. I already have the faceplate so I will hold off on pre-ordering it for now.

After putting in a little more time with the game, I'm still coming away very unimpressed. Its fun for a little while but just doesnt do anything for me. Im picking up GRAW tomorrow. Hopefully the multiplayer in that is better.

[quote name='RandyTsai']whats the goal of the game? I played it for a few minutes, but i didnt really get it.[/QUOTE]

if youve played battlefield 2 at all, than its like that. Youre supposed to capture the points and hold them. Whoever has less loses like their team points, and then whoever gets to 0 first or is left without a spawn point (doesnt control an area after whole team dies) loses

EB Games, IGN and Gamestop say Today March 13. Almost all retail stores say Tuesday March 14th. And the Best Buy ad for sunday says Thursday March 16th! I pre-ordered, so I hope I get it today or tomorrow. Anyone have any rock hard info on release date? I NEED A GAME STORE EMPLOYEE to see if it came in today.

I was originally excited about the game till the demo came out then was severely dissapointed. Not sure if I want to get it either now.

I liked it, but it's mostly a multiplayer game, and with the majority of CAG ignoring it, i'm going to ignore it until it drops in price. That, and when you put it up against stuff coming out within the next month like Oblivion, Far Cry, Battlefield 2, and yes, even Tomb Raider, it makes it a bit easier to pass up on.

But it should still be in stores this morning.. if not this morning, then definately by 5pm.

Im getting it, I love the strategy aspect of the game. What I dont like is about 40% of the time people quit because they just see the game as run and gun (I made some guy quit when i had 120 points and he had 4). Its truely fun when you get another player who plays with strategy

While it's probably not quite as bad as I said in the demo thread, it's still nothing I'll be picking up. I'm sure if you had two good teams going at it, it could be interesting. I don't forsee that happening anytime I play....I don't even have any XBL friends.

And really, the visuals are a big letdown. I would probably cut this game a break if it were priced at 40 or even 50 bucks, but 60 bucks for a game that looks like that on this system...eh. I know "graphics don't matter" or whatever, but it's not like the gameplay is so revolutionary or whatever that it makes up for all other shortcomings.

Anyone see it at the Best Buy ad? It says it comes with points to DL an exclusive map. Anyone hear/know more details on this?

EDIT: Here's the details:

Battling the Nazi war machine has never been more fun — or more explosive — than with The Outfit for Xbox 360.

This third-person action shooter adds extreme firepower to the mix in the form of "Destruction on Demand." The insanely fun gameplay element allows players to airlift tanks, jeeps, and much more to their forces. Let the battles begin.

Plus, with the included Marketplace Token for Xbox Live, you can download the free, Best Buy exclusive "Arnhem Mayhem" bonus map. See the game and your Marketplace Token for details and instructions.

Download offer is good through April 30, or while supplies last. Xbox Live account is required to redeem the Marketplace Token.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=category&cmp=&id=pcmcat85000050002

I enjoyed the demo alot more than I thought I would the game is pretty fun. If this thing would've came out during the new release drought I would've bought it and i'm sure it would've been a hit. I've got a spot in my Gamefly queue waiting for it now though, i'm going to skip buying this one.

[quote name='sado']I was originally excited about the game till the demo came out then was severely dissapointed. Not sure if I want to get it either now.[/QUOTE]
Yeah thats how I felt. Im not throwing down $60 for it. Maybe when theres a price drop. Im to ocupied with Burnout and GRAW for 360 now anyway.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Anyone see it at the Best Buy ad? It says it comes with points to DL an exclusive map. Anyone hear/know more details on this?

EDIT: Here's the details:

Battling the Nazi war machine has never been more fun — or more explosive — than with The Outfit for Xbox 360.

This third-person action shooter adds extreme firepower to the mix in the form of "Destruction on Demand." The insanely fun gameplay element allows players to airlift tanks, jeeps, and much more to their forces. Let the battles begin.

Plus, with the included Marketplace Token for Xbox Live, you can download the free, Best Buy exclusive "Arnhem Mayhem" bonus map. See the game and your Marketplace Token for details and instructions.

Download offer is good through April 30, or while supplies last. Xbox Live account is required to redeem the Marketplace Token.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=category&cmp=&id=pcmcat85000050002[/quote]

I will be picking this up this week...I am sick and tired of this store exclusive shit.

Got it today at Best Buy. Check for this yellow sticker for the "exclusive" map:

http://www.vzwpix.com/mi/72074329_225097101_0.jpeg?limitsize=320,320&outquality=56&ext=.jpg&border=2,0,0,0
http://www.vzwpix.com/mi/72074708_225098365_0.jpeg?limitsize=320,320&outquality=56&ext=.jpg&border=2,0,0,0

It comes with a large card inside that explains what the extra map is all about and gives you a code to use in the XBLM to unlock it. It appearently was supposed to be available starting today but nothing there yet.

(Sorry for the crappy pics, used cellphone camera and had bad lighting conditions when I took it)

I got my game yesterday. I have to say, it's really not that fun. The vehicles control like rocks, and the characters are dull. I give it about a 7 out of 10

I was playing a very little bit of the single player campaign yesterday at gamestop and it really was quite bland.

No one I know is buying it so I'll probably just keep the demo for now and maybe buy it on the super cheap.

When I was at EB today for some reason I was tempted to buy it but I didnt. The demo was just to dull. And from most of the reviews Ive read its the same with the retail copy. Maybe when there is a price drop but no way for $60.

[quote name='doubledown']Is it a generic code to unlock the map? I picked mine up today, but got it at GameRush....still sealed though[/QUOTE]

No they give you a 1 time use code. It even says not to stop in the middle of download because the code will not be valid a second time.

I got mine at GR too for the faceplate. Kept it sealed. Bought it at Best Buy for the code, opened the BB one and returning the GR at BB you should do the same if you want the extra map.

Devil Customers Unite :twisted:

bread's done
Back