The Outfit - Gen. Discussion & Info

Just got home from college, and i'm downloading now. People on IGN say the controls are horrible. I hope this isn't the case? Oh well, i'll see I guess. 24%

Damn u people who arent at work right now so wait I thought the graphics looked pretty good , is it just maybe a hi-res version of mercenaries (not a bad thing) in a ww2 setting ?

[quote name='jam3582']Damn u people who arent at work right now so wait I thought the graphics looked pretty good , is it just maybe a hi-res version of mercenaries (not a bad thing) in a ww2 setting ?[/QUOTE]

Thats what it seems like, by the way people are talking. The demo needs to hurry up and download haha

[quote name='terribledeli']sound is pretty bitching too. the airplanes flying overhead when you call for help is great.[/QUOTE]

How are the controls??? At 72% =/

[quote name='Superstar']How are the controls??? At 72% =/[/QUOTE]

The controls are fine, I don't know why people are complaining. Must be the Halo fanboys bitching.

[quote name='Scorch']The controls are fine, I don't know why people are complaining. Must be the Halo fanboys bitching.[/QUOTE]

I just played a round and the controls were fine for me. I'm liking this game so far

my download status is screwy. I sat here stuck at 5% for like 10min. I cancelled the download and restarted it and it said my d/l was 51% complete. now its stuck at 51%.

I downloaded it around 2 and been playing it the last 90 minutes. I really enjoy it. I do however think the aiming is a bit hard but hey, thats what practice is for. I really like calling in air strikes, they do massive amounts of damage. The vehicle controls are a bit akward. Its a fun game, I think a lot of people are complaining because they were hoping to just go guns blazing on people, then they run into people like me who use strategy. Right now im 6-0 online (2 head to head wins and 4 3on3 wins)

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Can anyone tell me if it supports split screen Live play?[/QUOTE]

Yes, according to Attack of the Show

My download is stuck too....I cannot download anything lately. Starts at 5%, cancel....try again, jumps to 50% or 51% sometimes....

What gives?

[quote name='chrishicks']my download status is screwy. I sat here stuck at 5% for like 10min. I cancelled the download and restarted it and it said my d/l was 51% complete. now its stuck at 51%.[/QUOTE]

ok, this d/l is just taking forever thats all. since I posted the above I have now moved to 54% complete. I guess everyone who owns the 360 is downloading this right now.

My d/l is screwey also.. Been stuck at 57% over 30 minutes now. Last time I tried deleting it and starting over but still seems to get stuck.

Man LOL It's fun running around with a flame thrower, and when you see large groups just burning them to crisp.

What garbage....I still cannot D/L this. It's been about an hour, and it just hangs. I've started and stopped it about 10 times. MS likes ot screw up things all the time with my console....why can't they deliver on their promises!?!?!

I downloaded a XBOX Arcade demo fine....but anything from the MARKETPLACE does not work.

i find the player and driving control to be very stiff, but overall its a fun little demo. i still sort of walk around not really knowing what to do. is the main objective to capture all the bases and then you win?

[quote name='ddhex27']i find the player and driving control to be very stiff, but overall its a fun little demo. i still sort of walk around not really knowing what to do. is the main objective to capture all the bases and then you win?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I believe you capture bases.

[quote name='doubledown']What garbage....I still cannot D/L this. It's been about an hour, and it just hangs. I've started and stopped it about 10 times. MS likes ot screw up things all the time with my console....why can't they deliver on their promises!?!?!

I downloaded a XBOX Arcade demo fine....but anything from the MARKETPLACE does not work.[/quote]

Same for me man. =(

been playing for the last 2 hours with scorch, and some others keep comming in and out

first impressions:

Graphics are only alright.. the look like top of the line xbox graphics... so not really up to 360 measurements.

however, the gameplay more than makes up for it. I was having a good time on one one... but once we got 4+ in the room... the game gets so hectic and so much better

I wasn't posotive about this one... but the demo seals the deal. I'm definatly picking this one up the day it comes out

[quote name='doubledown']unreal.....56%...this sucks.

MS has no clue.....a monkey could give me more help than them.[/quote]

Guess I wont be playing till tonight...I'll start DL when I get home. Have dinner take a shower, watch 24, it should be done after that right...:lol:

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Guess I wont be playing till tonight...I'll start DL when I get home. Have dinner take a shower, watch 24, it should be done after that right...:lol:[/quote]

Good Luck!! I started around 3 and its a little after 5 now, and im at 70% now. I'm just hoping now that I can try it before I go to bed.

I wonder if it's a regional thing. My COMCAST internet is working great. I rebooted, restarted my router, and still nothing.

I'm from MI, not sure if that matters or not. XBOX.com has a big thread on this also.

It took me an hour and a half to download the demo. It goes by faster when you don't watch the download bar like a hawk.

[quote name='Brak']It took me an hour and a half to download the demo. It goes by faster when you don't watch the download bar like a hawk.[/QUOTE]

Well, that's total BS if it takes that long....I just don't get it.

[quote name='doubledown']Well, that's total BS if it takes that long....I just don't get it.[/quote]

Probably a pretty large file (several hundred megs, I'm guessing) and a lot of people trying to grab it at the same time. Makes sense as to why it's taking a long time.

It'd chug along at various points, I'd notice; but I'd just pass the time by doing other stuff.

It probably has a lot to do with traffic.

[quote name='doubledown']I wonder if it's a regional thing. My COMCAST internet is working great. I rebooted, restarted my router, and still nothing.

I'm from MI, not sure if that matters or not. XBOX.com has a big thread on this also.[/QUOTE]

I'm in MI too and my Comcast is running just fine as well. this d/l is just moving sooo slow. I finally hit 68% a few minutes ago. this has been going for over 2hrs. now. it didn't take me this long to d/l the NFS:MW demo(I think that only took 30min. or so) and that was over 2x the size of this.

[quote name='chrishicks']I'm in MI too and my Comcast is running just fine as well. this d/l is just moving sooo slow. I finally hit 68% a few minutes ago. this has been going for over 2hrs. now. it didn't take me this long to d/l the NFS:MW demo and that was over 2x the size of this.[/QUOTE]

Yup. Sounds like obvious traffic issues.

Well, even the Dead Rising trailer would not D/L. I don't understand how it takes half the people 15 minutes...the rest of us, hours....and it just hangs at 50% for me.

[quote name='Brak']Yup. Sounds like obvious traffic issues.[/quote]

Okay, the obvious solution is to just take turns downloading this. So... my turn to download will be around 7:30 when I get home. Everyone else should log off then and cancel any pending downloads they have going. Thanks.

[quote name='shipwreck']Okay, the obvious solution is to just take turns downloading this. So... my turn to download will be around 7:30 when I get home. Everyone else should log off then and cancel any pending downloads they have going. Thanks.[/quote]

:lol: Im sure most CAG's will comply, but the rest of the :360: community wont.

Found it to be a decent game. The controls felt sort of awkward at first but I got used to them, never played a 3rd person shooter so I didn't feel "in the zone" as I usually do in other FPS games.

It took me about 20 minutes to download it. I lucked out because I seen it on another board right after it hit the marketplace and everyone started grabbing it.

Online is fun as hell i've been playing 1 on 1 only so far... I've played about 3 games in a row now with people who actually understand the game and it's wicked fun. I just won a squeeker with only 12 points left when I knocked him to 0. Good times

I predict a 75% review average.

It just feels pretty clunky and really isn't anything new. The fact it doesn't look so hot won't help the score either.

I managed to play three games online before everyone discovered the flamethrower and it just became a flame-fest which is pretty boring and annoying.

bread's done
Back