The Raven vs. Tommy Dreamer eternal feud wrestling thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently watching the RAW clips WWE has uploaded to their YouTube channel. I like AW and thought he was highly-amusing during the last 75-percent of the match at Money In The Bank.

Plus, it's always nice to see WWE try to put together a legit tag team. Titus O'Neil can be replaced by any tall, black man—but Black Cena is pretty good. Now, all we need is Juan Cena to team-up with the MexiCools, and Kwan Cena's debut with Tensei.

WWE seems to be pushing the Attitude era. Let's relive the gang wars but with all John Cena themed factions.

R-Truth is a sad story. He was worthless in 2010, went from worst to first with an incredible 2011, and now is nearly as bad as he was in 2010. What a fucking waste.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Actually the only way they could (partially) salvage Cena winning MitB is having HIM be the first guy to lose. If they really are considering Rock vs Punk, we may see it happen. It's not like Cena would be hurt by it like Ziggler might.

...more likely they'd have Cena and Punk trade the belt back and forth, of course.[/QUOTE]

This is pretty much what I told my friend. Word for word. I may be biased, but... well put.

Cena is easily the guy that won't be "damaged goods" by losing. Ziggler losing will forever banish him to the likes of Kofi, Truth, Swagger, McIntyre, The Miz, Shelton Benjamin, etc. I like to call this the "D-Lo Brown effect", or more eloquently put... getting "D-Lo'd". Once the guy goes from stud, to dud, to straight up turd... you can polish that turd all you want [by pushing it to the moon], but at the end of the day the general audience still views that polished nugget as the turd you made it out to be.

Personally, I'm going to be fucking pissed if Cena beats Punk for the belt -- only because my friend and I got decent seats for the 1,000th RAW, and we're driving 7-8 hours for it (and Cubs/Cardinals the day beforehand, of course.)

[quote name='KaneRobot']R-Truth is a sad story. He was worthless in 2010, went from worst to first with an incredible 2011, and now is nearly as bad as he was in 2010. What a fucking waste.[/QUOTE]

In what way, though? Are you saying his wrestling is no good, his push is all over the place, or something else?

Truth hit his peak, to me, with his brief main event run in TNA as Ron "The Truth" Killings. That was good stuff, that was legit, that was cutting edge and believable. Even made Konnan relevant again.

I don't blame him for where he is now, he's been saddled with that "little jimmy" crap. Or, honestly, that he looks (from my vantage point) as worthy of pity because he's been cursed with the WWE Tag Team Titles. No kidding, those titles are that ruined.

But I can't name one match he's had in WWE that I was impressed by, while he had a few in TNA. Some of that is on him.

If any of you guys are near Poughkeepsie, I really hope you do check out Dreamer's "House of Hardcore" promotion. He's got Rhino and Sandman signed and just announced a few more signings:

Tommy Dreamer has announced that former WWE star Daivari and former WWE Women's Champion Jazz will be a part of his House of Hardcore debut on October 6th in Poughkeepsie, New York. They join Chris Masters, Luke Gallows, Sami Callihan and The Sandman.

I'm liking Miz's new hair cut and goatee he is growing. Hopefully they put him to good use this time around. (yes, I'm a Miz Head....) I like how Slater has finally acknowledged his role. :D

[quote name='BigPopov']Truth was great as a heel last year, and believeable in main events. Then they turned him good guy and now it's like bleh.[/QUOTE]

Okay, I can see that point.

[quote name='Scorch']Some ECW on TNN is being synced via YouTube here[/QUOTE]

Sweeeeeeet.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']I like how Slater has finally acknowledged his role. :D[/QUOTE]

The Legend Jobber gives him something to do until next week's Raw, but once the special appearances cease the wheels fall right of the momentary gravy train he had been riding.

[quote name='Vulcan2422']I'm liking Miz's new hair cut and goatee he is growing. Hopefully they put him to good use this time around. (yes, I'm a Miz Head....) I like how Slater has finally acknowledged his role. :D[/QUOTE]

I like his new look too. I was hoping for a face turn, but his new look makes him look more focused and intense.

[quote name='KaneRobot']R-Truth is a sad story. He was worthless in 2010, went from worst to first with an incredible 2011, and now is nearly as bad as he was in 2010. What a fucking waste.[/QUOTE]

You know what it is? Face turns. Can ANYONE here name a current WWE face that they like because of their face character? The problem is they are such vanilla white knights that there really is nothing appealing to them, and then they get lost in the shuffle of not already being established top tier talent. Even CM Punk, the indy darling, is getting shit on because his character is growing stale, and this is especially noticable while Bryan has been shining as a heel. Just go back to the Cena/Rock WM feud. How many Cena haters were starting to back him again just because he restored some of that edge while still maintaining face? Thats what WWE needs. If they don't want to go back to the Attitude Era, thats fine, but they can't let the onscreen characters suffer by being boring.

Actually, as i'm writing this, one guy came to my head. Randy Orton. He might be one of the only ones that doesn't fit boring face stereotype, simply because he plays a heel anyway. If he wasn't placed in feuds versus heels, his character would always be booed. He threatens to shelf anyone he faces by punting them in the head!

CM Punk has been mostly boring since his "return." Being a smarmy shithead trying to undercut "the man" or "the system" or whathaveyou only works when you're an underdog.

[quote name='mykevermin']CM Punk has been mostly boring since his "return." Being a smarmy shithead trying to undercut "the man" or "the system" or whathaveyou only works when you're an underdog.[/QUOTE]

Shh.. he's edgy and lays pipebombs of truth! :whistle2:#

EDIT: And where's mah Bouncing Vickie GIF?! SHUCKYDUCKYQUACKQUACK[/QUOTE]

lUst0.gif

[quote name='Chase']In reply to Brak from a page or two ago: I'm not a Sorensen fan. One, and this may be cosmetic, but his name is horrible. Saying "Sorensen" feels like pulling teeth. Two, he's way too green for my liking. Maybe he has potential, but Kenny King should get the World title shot. His speaking is slick and his in-ring work is solid. Just my two cents, tho. You're probably on-the-money with Sorensen.

The first idea is highly-plausible. It's the saccharine-sweet face thing to do. Fits in with his, ugh, "Hustle, loyalty, and respect" garbage. The female fans will wet themselves and the kids will happily use that as a Slip-N-Slide.

The second idea better not happen. But, I can imagine Vince suddenly having a change of heart, screaming, "THAT ZIGGLAR GUY. fuck HIM. HAVE MY MIDGET BASTARD INTERFERE AND BOOK HIM IN A FEUD WITH THAT DANCING NEGRO."

EDIT: And where's mah Bouncing Vickie GIF?! SHUCKYDUCKYQUACKQUACK[/QUOTE]

lUst0.gif

Credit to WrasslorMonkey
http://wrestlingwithtext.com/
https://twitter.com/WrasslorMonkey

[quote name='Vulcan2422']I always liked Spike Dudley as face, but man his heel beard was awesome![/QUOTE]

LIVING EASY. LIVING FREE. SEASON TICKET ON A ONE-WAY RIDE.

I love underdogs. Good underdogs: Spike Dudley, Mick Foley, Bryan Danielson at the start of his WWE career, perhaps Mikey Whipwreck in the mid-1990s, and the essence of Tommy Dreamer. Darn shame WWE has forgotten how to do wrasslin. They had an opportunity with Tyson Kidd but failed to do anything. I saw Nattie Neidhart try to hype him up as an underdog on Twitter, but that's all the hype I saw for Kidd from anything WWE.

Craziness: The Joseph Park angle in TNA is ridiculous—but they have given it a proper build and the fans do their part to sell it as a legitimate story. Meanwhile, WWE has a tremendous roster and they seem unable to hype up fans for anything that's not nostalgia or John Cena. This Danielson-AJ wedding has no build and less buzz than Billy and Chuck's Broventure. One of the best things about current WWE is them finally giving Dolph Ziggler his shot. I'm interested to see if they screw him out of it/transfer the title shot over to someone else just as their typical "screw you" to fans older than sixteen.

EDIT: And you are a saint, Fatality. WrasslorMonkey shines again.

Given the quality of the product as of late, I'll give them a pass on the typo and enjoy this week's Inpact Wrestling.

WTH? I just went to wweyoutube.wwe//wwe and got bombarded by pics of Tammy Lytch? What kind of scam is this youre pulling here WWE?! That is a great video. The little things I barely notice when watching. So, was I the only one who was hoping Swagger would have beaten Ryback? I just can't stand Goldberg jr.

So, will we find out who the attackers are tomorrow night?

[quote name='mykevermin']Children dancing to 2 Live Crew? Made me feel kinda gross, but I still laughed.[/QUOTE]
I live just about 20 miles south of Miami. I have seen 2 yr old girls dancing to that song on the street corner, and no, I am not making that shit up. It's called Florida City. ugh........

[quote name='Spyder187']no, I am not making that shit up[/QUOTE]

Oh, I know. I live in Philly.

Also, perhaps you'll want to change that avatar next time you want to talk condescendingly from the moral pulpit, yes?

Noticed while Netflixing that Clash of the Champions set that they are still editing out Ventura. I thought all that shit got resolved. Ugh.

I guess it could be his WWF stuff is ok to use but maybe not his WCW stuff. Doesn't make any sense but it's all I can come up with. Whatever it is, it's fucking annoying.

[quote name='mykevermin']Music from Maximum Carnage? Hilarious.

Children dancing to 2 Live Crew? Made me feel kinda gross, but I still laughed.[/QUOTE]

Hey kids, welcooooome to the fu--STOP! STOP! STOP! STOP!

[quote name='HydroX']myke you're in Philly? I'm sorry to hear that.[/QUOTE]

pshhh, Philly's awesome. What do you have against it?

That particular Raw in 5 minutes is among the better ones, but yeah, it's usually decent.

Just wanted to chime in and say that I was in tears while laughing at that "Pumpkin's on a roll" video. In my head, I pictured Ernest Miller in the suit.

[quote name='mykevermin']pshhh, Philly's awesome. What do you have against it?

That particular Raw in 5 minutes is among the better ones, but yeah, it's usually decent.[/QUOTE]

Reason I bring it up is that you seem like a good fella™, I didn't expect you to be from the other armpit of the universe. I used to live in Central PA. Maybe it's just that I'm not used to the fast-paced environment of "city life", but any experience I had driving in or through or even staying in Philly (maybe 7-8 total visits, give or take) was absolutely a garbage experience. Garbage people. Garbage city. Garbage smell (but I blame New Jersey for that one).

I also hate the Phillies and the Eagles, so that doesn't help my outlook on the city as a whole. Color me biased.

As for Mr. thrillmurray -- where did this guy come from? These videos are absolute gems. In a time where Maffew is slacking, he swooped in and stole his thunder.

Well, I moved here a few years ago. I do like it, but yeah, it's totally dirty (and recent "cab driver pooping in the sidewalk" story doesn't help the image).

But I love city living, wouldn't trade it for anything. Spent 2008-2010 living in a super rural town (county pop: 20,000). I went bananas.

It could be worse: it could be New York.

;)

Seeing the arena close was hella sad, honestly. But there's a lot of good indy wrestling in the area to be had. So sadly I went to the first "Extreme Reunion" show as my last indy show. Bad idea, that.

The first time I drove to Philly from Cleveland, it was mid-February for a 3PW show. We never found The Arena (I suppose driving since 7am didn't help), got lost in South Philly amongst construction detours, got cheesesteaks, and drove home. Got a speeding ticket four miles from the PA/OH border.

Good times.

[quote name='mykevermin']Oh, I know. I live in Philly.

Also, perhaps you'll want to change that avatar next time you want to talk condescendingly from the moral pulpit, yes?[/QUOTE]

Not to sure which moral pulpit you are referring to honestly. I don't consider myself to be the end all be all when it comes to morals, but I do tend to speak up on things I feel are over the line. As far as this avatar pic, I found it last night while looking for something else and somehow stumbled onto a site based on "dumbass tatoos."

[quote name='JJSP']Chavo Jr. has officially signed with TNA.[/QUOTE]

With the way TNA has been going lately, here's hoping he gets the respect he deserves. Then again, they could somehow sticking him in the crackwhore pregnancy storyline and it'd still be more dignified that a year of jobbing to Hornswaggle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back