The Raven vs. Tommy Dreamer eternal feud wrestling thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It still gets me that Lawler just shows up in a t-shirt usually now. Can't even be arsed to dress up.

He's more than serviceable, he puts together smart matches, IMO. They make sense in terms of flow and progression. Best of all, he's a "cruiserweight" who can do acrobatics without going into the realm of the super-flippy absurd stuff, and he also doesn't rebound from a beat-down, no selling offense while going into some flippy bullshit.

I think he's a great veteran to have teach storytelling in matches to the cruiserweights, honestly. If I was running the company he'd be the matchmaker for the cruiserweights. He would be to the cruisers what Finlay was to the women in WWE a few years ago.

10z9uo2.png

Stats from the First 999 Episodes of RAW
http://blogs.thescore.com/aftermath/2012/07/19/a-look-at-stats-from-the-first-999-episodes-of-raw/

Chavo is a great hand in the ring, but the dude thinks way too highly of himself if you ever read his Twitter rants or listened to his interviews on stuff like the old I Want Wrestling podcasts.

can't say I follow his twitter or listen to his interviews - but what wrestler isn't like that (at their core, a promoter of themselves)?

[quote name='mykevermin']He's more than serviceable, he puts together smart matches, IMO. They make sense in terms of flow and progression. Best of all, he's a "cruiserweight" who can do acrobatics without going into the realm of the super-flippy absurd stuff, and he also doesn't rebound from a beat-down, no selling offense while going into some flippy bullshit.

I think he's a great veteran to have teach storytelling in matches to the cruiserweights, honestly. If I was running the company he'd be the matchmaker for the cruiserweights. He would be to the cruisers what Finlay was to the women in WWE a few years ago.[/QUOTE]

Definitely not knocking him as a great in-ring talent with an excellent grasp on ring psych, but he could have been on the next tier if he could have cut a good promo.

I think if TNA is committed like they have been, they'll utilize him for the skills he has. Funny to think that if this had happened few years ago, we would have basically been guaranteed a spot in a Mexican faction and making allusions to Eddie in every promo. Now he might actually have a chance to make an impact (no pun intended).

[quote name='ced']Definitely not knocking him as a great in-ring talent with an excellent grasp on ring psych, but he could have been on the next tier if he could have cut a good promo.[/QUOTE]

I can get on that bus, sure.

[quote name='ced']Funny to think that if this had happened few years ago, we would have basically been guaranteed a spot in a Mexican faction and making allusions to Eddie in every promo. Now he might actually have a chance to make an impact (no pun intended).[/QUOTE]

Yep, he would have been right there in LAX along side his uncle, Hector Guerrero.

In case you missed Impact tonight, they revealed AJ Styles was apparently raped while unconscious by the woman he and Dixie were helping with her drug addiction. She even took pictures.

Though I expect them to reveal that Clare's baby is just a pillow and it was Daniels master plan all along...he may even pet a cat and laugh maniacally.

I think at this point the only "good" or decent way out of this Claire angle is for the Aces 'n 8's to attack her and cause an accidental miscarriage. Then, AJ can turn heel by punting a babydoll while screaming that it wasn't his fault.

Oh, wait a minute........

Speaking of Impact, did anyone else find AJ versus Kennedy very awkward? Everything, from the moves, to the selling, even the pins. not sure if they are trying to paint it like AJ just isn't focusing right now, or if him and Ken just were completely out of sync but... I dunno.

Two random things from Twitter:

1. Jeff Gerstmann just posted that, believe it or not, that godawful avatar-based Fire Pro 360 game from like 2 or 3 years ago is NOT dead. I'm really hoping that it's been missing for this long because they've been totally overhauling it, but not counting on it.

2. I'm apparently still very capable of being a dorky fanboy, since Hogan responding to my question on Twitter a few minutes ago was a total "holy shit" moment for me.

Anytime I hear twitter and Hogan in the same sentence, I remember when someone sent him a tweet saying "I just went balls deep in Brooke, can I get a retweet?" Of course, what does the Hulkster do? Retweet. A man of the people! :lol:

At least two of the A&E bikers in TNA are former WWE wrestlers. You can google and find them, but at least one of them is a tad surprising.

Looks like it wasn't Heyman that registered the ECW trademark:

We noted before that a company in New York recently trademarked "ECW" for wrestling use as WWE let their trademark expire on it. Former ECW head Paul Heyman was asked about the news.

"Yes. Dumbshits who think they can recapture the magic. Some people never learn!"

Heyman then posted the following rant:

"Letters don't mean anything. WWE's #ECW wasn't ECW. Any1 can buy letters. Big deal. ECW was based on ORIGINAL IDEAS! It's called "having an imagination." Obviously, trying to be a duplicate ripoff of the past is not "new" or "original" nor "game changing." #ECW was a product of its time. When I wrote @WWE #Smackdown in 2002/03, I didn't try to duplicate ECW. You move on with the times, people. #ECW One Night Stand was supposed to be a ONE NIGHT STAND. Not a way to re-marry your ex. If someone wants to take a try at re-doing #ECW, knock yourself out. Go for it. Maybe ur investment is smarter doing something NEW!!!"

We are happy to report that DIRECTV and VIACOM have reached a deal to bring your favorite channels such as NICK, Comedy Central and MTV back to DIRECTV! The channels returned this morning at 6:40AM!

[quote name='mykevermin']Well, Heyman's right. Suppose Shane Douglas' "Extreme Reunion" thing was just called "ECW." It would still fucking stink.[/QUOTE]

Extremely Crappy Wrestling. Wait, they did that angle already...

[quote name='mykevermin']Well, Heyman's right. Suppose Shane Douglas' "Extreme Reunion" thing was just called "ECW." It would still fucking stink.[/QUOTE]

Heyman usually hits nails on heads. He made some financial risks that didn't pay off, but no one can question his creative brilliance. He's just one of those dudes that I'd love to meet at a bar, have a few drinks, and pick his mind about stuff. (And I don't drink.)

At least Daniels was sharp enough to not sell it, I guess. :lol:

Is it wrong that to this day I still laugh my ass off when Stone Cold beats the shit out of Lita with the chair?

Even as a huge Hardys and Lita fanboy back in the day, that was one of my favorite moments of the Attitude Era since it was genuinely shocking. Also, it was about the only thing they could do to make the crowd turn on Austin after he'd gone full-blown heel.

[quote name='Fatality']https://twitter.com/WrasslorMonkey[/QUOTE]

Aaaaand followed. :)

The Power Trip had potential. You can thank Triple H for the faction's premature demise. I remember the faction fondly, not just because it lead into that horrific Invasion angle (...And that's not a bad thing, that's an awful thing. ), but, because it helped legitimize Jericho and HE WHO SHALL NOT BE NAMED in the main event.

I'd be down for a modern Two-Man Power Trip. The Two-Man Rock Band. Give Jericho and Slater the tag titles. The Funkasaurus can be their Rikishi, Johnny Ace can be Vince, Ziggler can be Angle, and Vickie can be the group's Stephanie. I like it.

PWG announced the lineup for their 2012 Battle Of Los Angeles tournament. First round is six one-on-one matches with the winners advancing to a pair of three-way matches before a final one-on-one #1 contenders match for Kevin Steen's PWG championship. Your roster is as follows:

- Sami Callihan (1st Battle of Los Angeles)
- Willie Mack (2nd Battle of Los Angeles)
- Drake Younger (1st Battle of Los Angeles)
- El Generico (8th Battle of Los Angeles - 2011 Battle of Los Angeles winner)
- Adam Cole (1st Battle of Los Angeles)
- Roderick Strong (7th Battle of Los Angeles)
- Kyle O'Reilly (1st Battle of Los Angeles)
- Brian Cage (2nd Battle of Los Angeles)
- B-Boy (1st Battle of Los Angeles)
- Michael Elgin (1st Battle of Los Angeles)
- Eddie Edwards (2nd Battle of Los Angeles)
- Ricochet (2nd Battle of Los Angeles)

[quote name='KaneRobot']Well HHH's leg did fall off.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I know. I just thought it was fun to have a tag team/stable of monster heels who were formerly the most popular guys. It'd be like if Cena and Orton went heel and formed a stable. I can't even imagine them taking a chance like that today...

Detailed List of Names Set To Appear on Raw Tonight
The Undertaker

Shawn Michaels

John Bradshaw Layfield

Sid Vicious

Roddy Piper

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson

Mick Foley

Bret Hart

Brock Lesnar

Paul Heyman

Jim Ross

Mean Gene Okerlund

Mae Young

Steve Blackman

Alicia Webb

Sean "X-Pac" Waltman

Diamond Dallas Page

Sgt. Slaughter

Jim Duggan

Vader

Road Warrior Animal

Slick

Billy Gunn

Bob Backlund

Road Dogg

WrestleZone.com

[quote name='Purple Flames']Is it wrong that to this day I still laugh my ass off when Stone Cold beats the shit out of Lita with the chair?

Even as a huge Hardys and Lita fanboy back in the day, that was one of my favorite moments of the Attitude Era since it was genuinely shocking. Also, it was about the only thing they could do to make the crowd turn on Austin after he'd gone full-blown heel.[/QUOTE]

Austin beating on a woman? Never! :roll:

Weird that Jeff got off easy there. Side note: Austin's Disturbed theme always sounded like "MY PANCAKES ARE LIVING INSIDE YOU" when I heard it.

[quote name='Dr. Venkman']Austin beating on a woman? Never! :roll:

Weird that Jeff got off easy there. Side note: Austin's Disturbed theme always sounded like "MY PANCAKES ARE LIVING INSIDE YOU" when I heard it.[/QUOTE]
I'm going to hear that every time now. Thanks for that. Seriously. That's awesome.

I wonder what "Feel Good" moment Hornswoggle will have tonight.

I'd love to see him get thrown off the Titantron.

[quote name='Brak']I'd love to see him get thrown off the Titantron.[/QUOTE]
If I want to see anyone go off the tron, I want Shane. I know he wont be there but it was always awesome to watch Shane pull off that stupid shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back