The Raven vs. Tommy Dreamer eternal feud wrestling thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='mykevermin']
comic_con_2012_pic80.jpg

This picture makes me laugh - it's mostly Del Rio's deadpan stare.[/QUOTE]

Ha. If Del Rio was a true heel he'd blow his nose with that or burn it in front of them.

[quote name='Purple Flames']fuck Cena, fuck Money in the Bank 2012, and fuck WWE.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Demolition Man']fuck you Cena you stupid piece of no selling shit.[/QUOTE]
Lol, get over it. You have no right to act surprised or outraged.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']Lol, get over it. You have no right to act surprised or outraged.[/QUOTE]

So we should just stay quiet and not express our opinion now just because you don't like to hear it? Whatever dude.

[quote name='Scorch']He didn't just rip it in half, he ripped it in like 84 pieces.

Also,

ChvmZ.gif
[/QUOTE]

My new favorite gif.

Oh good. Nice to see WWE push John Cena to a title shot. Good to see him finally appreciated. He's our Curt Hennig. Always in main events, but never a title challenger. He'll do proud by Ted Dibiase.

If you didn't know Cena was going to win, you haven't been paying enough attention. At least Zig Zag got his. I don't like him much but at least he's different from the rest of the main event scene.

And whats up with all those former champs in the Raw MITB match? Give the youngin's a shot!

Show started off good (happy to see Ziggler win), but after the Punk/Bryan match (best of the night) it went downhill fast.

As for the ending - I can't shake my head hard enough. Triple bleh.

Punk landed on a chair doing a top-rope elbow drop, was immediately put into the LeBell Lock, complete with a cane across the face for leverage.

He gets out of it and goes on to win a few minutes later.

This "overcoming the odds" stuff isn't only happening to dudes in jorts, people.

(whether or not Punk or Bryan should have won, a moment like that shouldn't have been a non-finish.)

[quote name='mykevermin']Punk landed on a chair doing a top-rope elbow drop, was immediately put into the LeBell Lock, complete with a cane across the face for leverage.

This "overcoming the odds" stuff isn't only happening to dudes in jorts, people.

(whether or not Punk or Bryan should have won, a moment like that shouldn't have been a non-finish.)[/QUOTE]

Wasn't it the right elbow coming down and the left elbow in the Yes Lock though? Or am I getting confused with left and right like a dumb blonde?

[quote name='mykevermin']Punk landed on a chair doing a top-rope elbow drop, was immediately put into the LeBell Lock, complete with a cane across the face for leverage.

(whether or not Punk or Bryan should have won, a moment like that shouldn't have been a non-finish.)[/QUOTE]
I thought the Punk, Bryan match was great but I hated the ending. They beat the shit out of each other then it ends on back drop through a table. Seemed anti-climatic. Was expecting a kick out followed by an epic ending.

Even Punk/Danielson's previous PPV match had a kinda oddish ending. Seems like the WWE doesn't want them to deliver that full five star match quite yet... which is a shame since you'd think the company would want multiple five star matches between them in order to really build up some buzz.

[quote name='rvdrock']Different arms but commentary said same arm. Also fuck cena. No selling sleep.[/QUOTE]

Big Show, on the other hand, sold sleep quite well. emerging refreshed from his Spanish ladder educed slumber.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Seems like the WWE doesn't want them to deliver that full five star match quite yet.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be so conspiratorial. It's not WWE holding them back deliberately, it's them working WWE style (i.e., the match itself is window dressing to some banal soap opera nonsense involving AJ). This feud isn't really at a "grudge" stage yet such that a violent, brutal no-DQ style match made sense.

They painted by WWE numbers, but people gushed about it because it was Punk and Danielson, not John Cena.

onion_news675_jpg_250x1000_q85.jpg

[quote name='silentevil']I thought the Punk, Bryan match was great.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it made sense. Why was is an all-out brawl? They've honestly spent the past few weeks *whining* at each other and making smarmy verbal jabs. The feud totally lacked that 'oomph' a feud needs in order for a violent brawl to make sense in the context of the match. This wasn't Andy Kaufman piledriving women and belittling the entire south. It was - well, what was it? Something that involves AJ being crazy and WWE catering to the "middle-school girls are sexy" segment of the crowd, I suppose. I don't get it, and I'm not really interested in where it's headed.

It's like when HHH wrestled Randy Orton at WM-whatever, when Orton broke into his house and tried to kill his family or whatever. Triple H still walked down to the ring, slowly, did his whole entrance, pose, etc. Completely tore apart any semblance of belief in the feud, because a man whose family had legit been threatened would tear down to the ring, say forget the belt, and try to take an axe to his head. The ring stuff in both cases just (to me, I suppose) seems so awfully disconnected from the setup for the feuds that I couldn't get into it.

Cena winning MITB doesn't get me irate. Acting upset that Cena wins a main event? Marrrrrrrrrrrrk. Come on, people.

[quote name='Scorch']He didn't just rip it in half, he ripped it in like 84 pieces.

Also,

ChvmZ.gif
[/QUOTE]
That gif is like a car accident. You know you shouldn't keep staring cuz someone may be really hurt, but you just can't help it.

I could only imagine the Holy Shit chant if that were an ECW crowd watching that happen.

I'll admit that at first I thought WWE rehired Billy Gunn when I first saw that gif, then I remembered Dolph Ziggler is like his doppleganger.:lol: Hope he's ok after that either way.

John Cena will pull an RVD and call the time and place of his MitB shot rather than cash it in on a fallen champion. Will still win regardless.

Dolph Ziggler will be the first man ever to fail to convert a cash in into a championship.

Calling it now.

[quote name='ced']Dolph Ziggler will be the first man ever to fail to convert a cash in into a championship.

Calling it now.[/QUOTE]

That's what everyone said about Miz and D. Brine. A lot even said it about Punk.

Actually the only way they could (partially) salvage Cena winning MitB is having HIM be the first guy to lose. If they really are considering Rock vs Punk, we may see it happen. It's not like Cena would be hurt by it like Ziggler might.

...more likely they'd have Cena and Punk trade the belt back and forth, of course.

In reply to Brak from a page or two ago: I'm not a Sorensen fan. One, and this may be cosmetic, but his name is horrible. Saying "Sorensen" feels like pulling teeth. Two, he's way too green for my liking. Maybe he has potential, but Kenny King should get the World title shot. His speaking is slick and his in-ring work is solid. Just my two cents, tho. You're probably on-the-money with Sorensen.

[quote name='ced']John Cena will pull an RVD and call the time and place of his MitB shot rather than cash it in on a fallen champion. Will still win regardless.

Dolph Ziggler will be the first man ever to fail to convert a cash in into a championship.

Calling it now.[/QUOTE]

The first idea is highly-plausible. It's the saccharine-sweet face thing to do. Fits in with his, ugh, "Hustle, loyalty, and respect" garbage. The female fans will wet themselves and the kids will happily use that as a Slip-N-Slide.

The second idea better not happen. But, I can imagine Vince suddenly having a change of heart, screaming, "THAT ZIGGLAR GUY. fuck HIM. HAVE MY MIDGET BASTARD INTERFERE AND BOOK HIM IN A FEUD WITH THAT DANCING NEGRO."

EDIT: And where's mah Bouncing Vickie GIF?! SHUCKYDUCKYQUACKQUACK

You know the best way to have Cena lose his MITB opportunity? Have him win or lose by DQ. Hits the AA on the champ. Somebody else comes in and breaks up the count. It's simple, yet effective.

[quote name='mitch079']You know the best way to have Cena lose his MITB opportunity? Have him win or lose by DQ. Hits the AA on the champ. Somebody else comes in and breaks up the count. It's simple, yet effective.[/QUOTE]

wade-barrett-2.jpg

Do what Mitch said - but do it at Raw 1000 after having Cena announce that he wants Punk next week tomorrow night. Imagine how much the crowd will shit on whoever breaks up that match.

Ziggler took, by my estimation, two of the biggest bumps of the night. The gif above, and the dragon screw facebuster from Kidd. I hope he cashes in and gets a legit run with the belt, because the guy sure knows how to bump and sell.

I firmly believe that with The Rock tweeting about making his run for the title upon return at RAW 1000 that whenever he wins that's when Cena cashes in and will in fact win. The Rock is big stuff when it comes to money for the WWE, and they will let him win the title, but even The Rock knows he can't be committed enough to hold it long so Cena winning by cashing in does lots of things...

1st - Rock wins the title after nearly a decade and looks like the incredible WWE immortal
2nd - Rock loses the title in a cheap manner and retains status above while still being able to leave the company
3rd - Cena gets his redemption from the WM loss
4th - Cena can put somebody else over much in the light of Punk from last year (This one is of course easily screwed up by WWE but still very possible)

THQ has announced an "Austin 3:16" edition of WWE '13. Comes with a special cover w/ the skull on it. In-game DLC includes Austin's ATV and an Austin 3:16 shirt (Black w/ orange writing and skull.. this one). The 360 version will get the last disc of his most recent DVD (the PS3 will get the same disc but on blu ray).

CM Punk DVD/Blu content listing (tons of Blu extras):

Disc 1

A New Day

Spaceboy

Backyard Fame

Taking to the Road

Launching Pad

Constantly Learning

Dark Cloud

Not the Prototype

Outcast Champion

Having Fun

A Challenge

Saving Society

Frustrated Beyond Belief

Hometown High-Pressured Situation

The MAN

Special Features

High School Sports

CM Punk – the Name

Skull Fracture

OVW vs. Albright

From Extra to Champion

December to Dismember

1st Impressions
In-Ring Style

It's Clobbering Time

The Hat

"The Most Insulting Thing You Could Say To Me"

A Conversation with Lars

Title in the Fridge

Natalie's T-Shirt

"Teenage Anarchist"

Disc 2

Finals Match in the OVW World Heavyweight Championship Tournament
Brent Albright vs. CM Punk
Ohio Valley Wrestling 1st March, 2006

CM Punk vs. Justin Credible
ECW 1st August, 2006

ECW Championship Last Chance Match
CM Punk vs. John Morrison
ECW 4th September, 2007

Money in the Bank Ladder Match
Chris Jericho vs. Shelton Benjamin vs. John Morrison vs. Carlito vs. CM Punk vs. MVP vs. Mr. Kennedy
WrestleMania XXIV 30th March, 2008

World Tag Team Championship Match
CM Punk & Kofi Kingston vs. Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase
RAW 27th October, 2008

No Disqualification Match for the Intercontinental Championship
CM Punk vs. William Regal
RAW 19th January, 2009

Disc 3

Tables, Ladders, and Chairs Match for the World Heavyweight Championship
Jeff Hardy vs. CM Punk
SummerSlam 23rd August, 2009

Rey Mysterio Joins the SES vs. CM Punk's Hair
Rey Mysterio vs. CM Punk
Over the Limit 23rd May, 2010

WWE Championship Match
John Cena vs. CM Punk
Money in the Bank 17th July, 2011

WWE Championship Match
CM Punk vs. Chris Jericho
WrestleMania XXVIII 1st April, 2012

WWE Championship Match
CM Punk vs. Daniel Bryan
Over the Limit 20th May, 2012

Blu-ray Exclusive Content

No Plan B

Saxophone

Easter Greeting

Chicken Wings and Apple Pie

Most Recognizable Tattoo

Fish Tattoo

Traveling with Ace

No Microphone

ECW Arena Match

Hanging with Eddie Guerrero

Trainer

Driving Away With the Title

Wrestling Camp

"They're Gonna Hate Me"

Six People, One Room

I'm a Paul Heyman Guy

The Marathon

@CMPunk

The Bus Tour

Kofi's Challenge

WrestleMania Day

A Day at the Ball Field

True Respect

Finals Match in the Intercontinental Championship Tournament
Rey Mysterio vs. CM Punk
Armageddon 14th December, 2008

Sounds like a day one buy for the documentary. Match listing is eh.. Some of them are repeats (as is to be expected):

John Morrison vs CM Punk Last Chance Match from ECW in 2007
(John Morrison Rockstar DVD)

Money in the bank Ladder match Wrestlemania 28
(Wrestlemania 28 Blu-ray – Blu-ray Exclusive)

No Disqualification Match for the Intercontinental Championship
CM Punk vs. William Regal RAW 19th January, 2009
(Best of Raw 2009 DVD)

Tables, Ladders, and Chairs Match for the World Heavyweight Championship – Jeff Hardy vs. CM Punk SummerSlam 23rd August, 2009
(Best PPV Matches 2009-2010 DVD, Greatest Superstars of the 21st Century Blu-ray Exclusive)

WWE Championship Match John Cena vs. CM Punk Money in the Bank 17th July, 2011
(Best PPV Matches 2011 DVD)

Did they accidentally print too many of the last discs from the Austin DVD/Blu? Seems very weird to include one disc.

[quote name='diddy310']
wade-barrett-2.jpg

Do what Mitch said - but do it at Raw 1000 after having Cena announce that he wants Punk next week tomorrow night. Imagine how much the crowd will shit on whoever breaks up that match.[/QUOTE]

Or cheer like it was the second coming of Austin.

[quote name='mitch079']Did they accidentally print too many of the last discs from the Austin DVD/Blu? Seems very weird to include one disc.[/QUOTE]

They've done it before. Smackdown vs. Raw 2009 I think had just 1 disc of a DVD set in the special edition of the game. I agree though, it is kind of odd because its not like having just one disc is typically gonna make someone run out and buy the whole set to get what they missed.

CM Punk has his own DVD coming out now? Doesn't get more "that guy" than getting your own DVD set...

I know I made a Mitsuharu Misawa tribute post last month, but today, 11 years ago, pro wrestling lost another one of my favorites. When I was younger, I thought Terry Gordy looked like a living Frankenstein's monster. Today, I think he looks like Hugo from Street Fighter 3.

Here is the ECW leg of the "Battle of the Bam Bams" feud.

Somewhat depressing how both Bam Bams have died.

[quote name='neocisco']The deluxe version will come with a limited edition pipe bomb. Y'know, cause that's edgy.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

You want something depressing? Brodus Clay was a security guard for Snoop Dogg. Now he shucks and jive's under a name that is a play off of Snoop's real name. I wonder how much respect he gets back in the hood these days......... Poor Bastard.

[quote name='Spyder187']You want something depressing? Brodus Clay was a security guard for Snoop Dogg. Now he shucks and jive's under a name that is a play off of Snoop's real name. I wonder how much respect he gets back in the hood these days......... Poor Bastard.[/QUOTE]

You act like Snoop isn't a parody these days.

[quote name='mykevermin']R-Truth is a tag title holder?

Yeeesh, I'm just not paying attention, am I?[/QUOTE]

If it makes you feel better, WWE forgets half the time too.

[quote name='Purple Flames']If it makes you feel better, WWE forgets half the time too.[/QUOTE]

Fact. Considering there were two tag matches at MitB and the tag champions were in a non-title bout during the pre-show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back