The RenOTT 911! / Viva VariOTT Spectacular!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Tiphireth']Apocalypse Now is an awesome movie. Wish I'd seen it earlier.[/QUOTE]
Don't watch the Redux version. All those added scenes fucking suck and it goes to show that scenes that were left on the cutting room floor should probably stay there.

[quote name='dcfox']Don't watch the Redux version. All those added scenes fucking suck and it goes to show that scenes that were left on the cutting room floor should probably stay there.[/quote] I figured it was useless. Booyah, top post halfway through the OTT.

[quote name='Tiphireth']I figured it was useless. Booyah, top post halfway through the OTT.[/QUOTE]
Those scenes are worthless. But without them, Apocalypse Now is the best Vietnam War movie. Full Metal Jacket, Platoon, Deer Hunter be damned.

[quote name='Pancake Rabbit']While I liked Napoleon Dynamite, I don't think Jon Heder should have an acting career. He's just a goofy looking guy who talks weird. Now he's got this new movie with Billy Bob coming out, and I don't think I want to watch another movie with him in it. He should have just done Napoleon and called it a day.[/QUOTE]

I think he realizes that he won't have a long career. I see Heder (not Napoleon, but just Heder) on print ads for several things ranging from Dairy Queen desserts to board games, and all of them he has the same mouth-open stupid expression on his face.

If he thought he would be successful in movies, why would he be taking every ad job he can get?

Well, it looks like Tuesday I'll have a bit of money to my name. So, I need to figure out where I'm road-tripping to this month. I might go check out something in Austin.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']Well, it looks like Tuesday I'll have a bit of money to my name. So, I need to figure out where I'm road-tripping to this month. I might go check out something in Austin.[/quote]If you want to check out a show, you can see who's performing when and where here: http://www.showlistaustin.com/index.html

It by no means covers everywhere and everyone, but it'll be helpful should you decide to see one.

[quote name='LiquidNight']If you want to check out a show, you can see who's performing when and where here: http://www.showlistaustin.com/index.html

It by no means covers everywhere and everyone, but it'll be helpful should you decide to see one.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the link.

I know that on the comedy front, Maria Bamford, Stella (minus David Wain) w/ Todd Barry are performing this month.

In other stuff, I found that Quentin Tarantino was going to be in Austin at the Drafthouse showing the whole cut of Kill Bill, but that's sold out. Also there were a few other celebrity guests showing some of their movies, Bill Plympton with one of his projects and Curtis Armstrong showing Revenge of the Nerds.

Going to see The Guardian at 10 20, any good reviews on this? I don't mind Ashton Kutcher but not a big fan of Kevin Costner.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']My PC upgrades are going to cost $1500. Awesome.[/QUOTE]

Upgrades? Might as well just get a whole new PC.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']My PC upgrades are going to cost $1500. Awesome.[/quote]

What kind of upgrades are you getting? At that cost you could build another pretty good computer.

7950 GX2 1GB video card
2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Gigabyte SLI ready mobo
4 sticks of 512 meg ram
550 watt powersupply
new keyboard.

So I effectively am getting a new pc.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']7950 GX2 1GB video card
2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Gigabyte SLI ready mobo
4 sticks of 512 meg ram
550 watt powersupply
new keyboard.

So I effectively am getting a new pc.[/quote]

Wow. I didn't even know they had 1 gig video cards. Looks like a pretty sweet setup. Are you planning on getting BF 2142?

Eventually. It's just been 3 years since I bought my other pc, so my Radeon 9800 pro and Athlon 3000XP are showing their age, especially in stuff like FEAR and Prey.

2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Gigabyte SLI ready mobo
4 sticks of 512 meg ram
550 watt powersupply
new keyboard.

So I effectively am getting a new pc.[/QUOTE]
I like how you threw in the keyboard. :lol: But that is an awesome set up you have going. I wish I had the money to blow on a new rig. Guess that's why I'm a console gamer by default. Though, I do need to spring for a new tv.

Edit: Forgot to add new console, as well.

16hufexbq4.gif

[quote name='Saucy Jack']Well, it looks like Tuesday I'll have a bit of money to my name. So, I need to figure out where I'm road-tripping to this month. I might go check out something in Austin.[/quote]

Drive up here, Tool's playin at the Verizon Center in Manchester,NH . I got floor seats already but the owner of the restraunt has a luxury box and a friend of mine also has acess to a box so you don't have to worry about having a ticket.

So yeah, 7pm Tuesday the 3rd. Bring a jacket it's a bit nippily out.

I just got back from picking up my little brother from his high school football game. It reminded me of all the reasons why I hated/loved high school.

2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
Gigabyte SLI ready mobo
4 sticks of 512 meg ram
550 watt powersupply
new keyboard.

So I effectively am getting a new pc.[/quote]

Dude... don't get that!

If you go with 4 sticks of 512, your RAM will take a serious hit. Cough up the whole $10 extra bucks for gig sticks and go dual channel.

Additionally, you don't need an SLI motherboard with a 7950. Thats two GPUs on one card. The only way you'd need an SLI board would be if you wanted QuadSLI... which would just make you a pretentious weiner. :p And... if you do go with an SLI board and a 7950, you're going to wanna get a 600 watt+ PSU thats SLI certified.

I'm loving the Logitech G15 keyboard.

Can anyone throw out any part-time job ideas at me?

I'm gonna quit mine soon, and I need some pretty solid ideas.

The only things I don't want to do are radio, food and cash register-heavy jobs.

[quote name='zewone']I agree.[/QUOTE]
WE JUST DON'T GET THE BRILLIANCE OF IT ALL, THOUGH!

Edit: By the way, zew, I got a new slsk screen name (The Bad), and have some new albums.

[quote name='Brak']Can anyone throw out any part-time job ideas at me?

I'm gonna quit mine soon, and I need some pretty solid ideas.

The only things I don't want to do are radio, food and cash register-heavy jobs.[/quote]A good weekend job is refereeing soccer.
You could also check if a book store or something similar is looking to hire.

I need to download SoulSeek on this comp.

OiNK is cool, but it's bitch keeping your ratio up and less you get really popular/trendy/new albums.

[quote name='LiquidNight']A good weekend job is refereeing soccer.
You could also check if a book store or something similar is looking to hire.[/QUOTE]
The book store is a good idea.

I thought of a library, but not after remembering that video where that guy had sex, under the table, to... uhh... nothing. Sports scores?

What is it with the wee hours of the morning that make my bladder 1/3 of its normal size when I stay up?

[quote name='Zewone']OiNK is cool, but it's bitch keeping your ratio up and less you get really popular/trendy/new albums.[/QUOTE]
just don't delete any of your torrents. Between my brother and I (we share the account), we have 50+ torrents uploading at all times. While they usually stay at 0 kb/s, they're always there to up with and we always have uTorrent running.

Here're the torrents I'm UL'ing alone. In the past few days, my ratio has jumped at least .3 and is on the fast track to 1.05 (which will mean I'll have some invites to dole out and have access to some of the sites restricted features)

[quote name='zewone']I'm thinking I should switch to uTorrent. Azureus is a resource hog.[/quote]

Yo tengo uTorrent, it's good stuff, gets the job done.

[quote name='zewone']I'm thinking I should switch to uTorrent. Azureus is a resource hog.[/quote]you definitely should.
if you do, make sure to go to Preferences-->BitTorrent-->Protocol Encryption-->Outgoing and set it to enabled (apparently, it's better for uploading when using OiNK) and tick off allow incoming legacy connections if it isn't already checked.

uTorrent>>>>>>>>>>>>>Azureus

[quote name='Brak']The book store is a good idea.

I thought of a library, but not after remembering that video where that guy had sex, under the table, to... uhh... nothing. Sports scores?[/QUOTE]
:lol: I can just imagine it now, Brak the Librarian catching the masturbator in the act.

But I would love to work in my local library, especially now that they renovated it. The place is just amazing. It's 10x better than my college library was and they even threw in a cafe in there.

[quote name='dcfox']:lol: I can just imagine it now, Brak the Librarian catching the masturbator in the act.[/QUOTE]
All I'd say is, "Hey. What's up?"

That's funny, 'cos the answer from him would be, "My penis."

OP, I read the entire post and it was quite worth it. I'm a big fan too, and I didn't know a lot of the information, mainly because I haven't been keeping up with it. Good descriptions.

damn, just woke up at 11:30...

...oh yeah, first post of the OTT. I've been busy as fuck and you guys havent been talking about that much cool stuff...

and if anyone could throw me an OiNK invite, itd be much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back