The RenOTT 911! / Viva VariOTT Spectacular!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Moxio']Seems like these BT invites are the talk of CAG lately.[/QUOTE]
yes, and i am still very greatful for the Demonoid invite Mox, ive gotten a lot of shit off of it, although i had to stop because my upload rate sucks (and still sucks, nothings been uploading)

o well, i have movies i still havent watched (Shaun of the Dead, Full Metal Jacket) and plenty of dreamcast games to last me until the apocalypse (mmm... Power Stone 2)

[quote name='Moxio']Seems like these BT invites are the talk of CAG lately.[/QUOTE]
Makes me feel like I'm missing out on something.

I just drove around town to collect applications... and I didn't find a single place.

Is there any good sites where businesses post want ads?

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']What are you doing with the old stuff? Cause I'm running on a 2400XP and a 9600XT here ...[/quote]

I was either selling it to my girlfriends mom, selling it on eBay, or keeping it as a seconday PC (unlikely, as that'd give me two laptops, and three desktops).

So yea, probably selling it.

[quote name='Brak']I just drove around town to collect applications... and I didn't find a single place.

Is there any good sites where businesses post want ads?[/quote]your local paper's site/classified and craigslist would be good starting places to look.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']I was either selling it to my girlfriends mom, selling it on eBay, or keeping it as a seconday PC (unlikely, as that'd give me two laptops, and three desktops).

So yea, probably selling it.[/QUOTE] Let me know what you want for them, before you go to ebay with it. I'm interested.

USA + Europe + Russia = Me (blue)

South America + Africa + Eastern Bloc = Commie falures (red)

It's time to nuke. My rallying cry was "REMEMBER THE KING" since Mexico nuked Memphis early on. I still won, with a lot less casaulties than I would have thought. Man the oriental countries got raped about halfway through.

I win:

And before anyone asks, the username is a parody on the meme "Bix Nood".

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Let me know what you want for them, before you go to ebay with it. I'm interested.[/quote]

Probably 50+ shipping for the Radeon, around 100-110 + shipping for the processor. I also have 2 512mb ram sticks, a psu, and a mobo I won't need.

This also all depends on if my girlfriends mom doesn't want it, as I gave her first choice.

[quote name='JimmieMac']Drive up here, Tool's playin at the Verizon Center in Manchester,NH . I got floor seats already but the owner of the restraunt has a luxury box and a friend of mine also has acess to a box so you don't have to worry about having a ticket.

So yeah, 7pm Tuesday the 3rd. Bring a jacket it's a bit nippily out.[/QUOTE]

Man, if it wasn't so soon, I'd definitely take you up on that. It's not until later in that week I have all my finances squared up.

Thankfully, I did get to see Tool (and APC) a few times already, including their last tour of Texas.

They do know how to put on a hell of a show. :applause:

I just started playing the Movies. For my second movie I inadverdently made a gay western :oops: It'll be interesting to see how this does in the box office, though.

[quote name='dcfox']I just started playing the Movies. For my second movie I inadverdently made a gay western :oops: It'll be interesting to see how this does in the box office, though.[/QUOTE]

I've been wanting to play that for a while. How is it? Also, I hope it isn't one of those fucked up PC games that installs crapware on your PC.

Did anyone else notice this about the media tag?

[MEDIA]http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109639&page=7.wmv[/MEDIA]

[quote name='Brak']I just drove around town to collect applications... and I didn't find a single place.

Is there any good sites where businesses post want ads?[/quote]

I don't know how it is in Michigan, but in VA the Virginia Emploment Commission has job banks and listings online. You can write down the job number and then go to the VEC and they provide contact info for you. You may want to check your local government to see if they have something similar. There are tons of listings that never make it to newspapers.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']I've been wanting to play that for a while. How is it? Also, I hope it isn't one of those fucked up PC games that installs crapware on your PC.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure it is an Activision title and I am 99 percent sure that they do not use starforce.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I just had a nice little siesta. :cool: :lol:[/QUOTE]

I had a nice one last night as well. My nerve problems were starting to act up, so I took a muscle relaxer when I got home.

After about an hour, I was going to watch a movie, and I started to feel a bit fucked up. So, it was into bed with an awesome night of sleep. :cool:

[quote name='CaseyRyback']Pretty sure it is an Activision title and I am 99 percent sure that they do not use starforce.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. StarForce was what I was indeed referring to, but I couldn't remember the name for it.

I might pick The Movies up, then, if it's as enjoyable as it sounds.

I rarely play PC games, but hearing about StarForce was enough to make me stop looking into them altogether.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']I've been wanting to play that for a while. How is it? Also, I hope it isn't one of those fucked up PC games that installs crapware on your PC.[/QUOTE]
Right now I'm playing through the sim part of it. I'm still stuck in the 1920s so I'm pretty limited in what I can and can't do in terms of the movie making. I can hire actors and directors and train them within certain genres and customize their looks. Just recently I was able to hire screenwriters to produce my own scripts. I can set them to work on a horror, romance, action, or western but that's as far it goes for customizing the script. The sim/management part of the game is pretty much as expected. You need to build buildings accordingly, hire people to maintain them. You need to decorate your place to improve your studio ranking and make sure your staff is happy.

I'm enjoying it a lot right now and I can only seem myself enjoying it more once my options really open up.

[quote name='dcfox']Right now I'm playing through the sim part of it. I'm still stuck in the 1920s so I'm pretty limited in what I can and can't do in terms of the movie making. I can hire actors and directors and train them within certain genres and customize their looks. Just recently I was able to hire screenwriters to produce my own scripts. I can set them to work on a horror, romance, action, or western but that's as far it goes for customizing the script. The sim/management part of the game is pretty much as expected. You need to build buildings accordingly, hire people to maintain them. You need to decorate your place to improve your studio ranking and make sure your staff is happy.

I'm enjoying it a lot right now and I can only seem myself enjoying it more once my options really open up.[/QUOTE]

Sounds pretty fun.

What kind of video can you export of your movies? It'd be pretty cool to make some silly movies and then be able to put them on a DVD.

Well I had to walk out of my first movie this afternoon The Black Dhalia. It wasn't because the movie was that bad but it was because of a guy in the theater.

It was being shown in one of the small rooms and there was only 4 people including me there to watch it. Well this fucking asshole keep opening up beer or something in a can out of a backpack and seemed like he keep taking hits off of something (crack pipe I assume). This giant bag of douche kept on blurting shit out and laughing like he had tourettes. I couldn't take it so I just got up and left.

I hope you got your money back, man.

EDIT: I've decided to sell 21 other DVDs not in the picture. I'll have to watch 8 of them first, though. :lol:

Maybe I'll make a list when I'm done with all that.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']I hope you got your money back, man.

EDIT: I've decided to sell 21 other DVDs not in the picture. I'll have to watch 8 of them first, though. :lol:

Maybe I'll make a list when I'm done with all that.[/QUOTE]

Please do, I couldn't make out all the things in the pic.

[quote name='flowery']Well I had to walk out of my first movie this afternoon The Black Dhalia. It wasn't because the movie was that bad but it was because of a guy in the theater.
t was being shown in one of the small rooms and there was only 4 people including me there to watch it. Well this fucking asshole keep opening up beer or something in a can out of a backpack and seemed like he keep taking hits off of something (crack pipe I assume). This giant bag of douche kept on blurting shit out and laughing like he had tourettes. I couldn't take it so I just got up and left.[/QUOTE]

I went to see a The elf with my mom about 2 years ago around christmas time. Some guy was drinking beer and being loud. It was the first time I ran into an asshole at a movie theater. He was sitting a row behind me and my mom. After about 30 mins, I got up walked over to him and asked him to be quite. He was cool about it and apologized. He stayed quiet the rest of the flick. He kept drinking beer though, which I didn't care about.

I was nice and he was nice about it (more fly's with honey then vinegar). If he wouldn't have been nice. Then I would of have told him to shut up or get his ass kicked. But he was nice so we didn't have to go down that road.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']Sounds pretty fun.

What kind of video can you export of your movies? It'd be pretty cool to make some silly movies and then be able to put them on a DVD.[/QUOTE]
Haven't tried yet. I just unlocked a bunch of stuff so I should be able to soon.

Just called the carpet cleaners to come in on Monday to clean the place up so we don't lost any part of our deposit for that. And so begins the moving out process for me. I need to call up Cox to set-up an installation time for my new apartment. I think I'll be getting two cable boxes (one with a DVR) and a cable modem like we have here. I did the change of address thing on USPS.com last night which was quick, but they charge a buck to do identity verification. The mail is going to be the worst part of it since it took me about a year to get my magazines coming to me regularly and on a respectable time. I need to toss out some of my mags to save some space, which will probably be my GamePros, Nintendo Powers, and probably my older GI's.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']I need to toss out some of my mags to save some space, which will probably be my GamePros, Nintendo Powers, and probably my older GI's.[/QUOTE]

I tossed out about 5 years or so of mags about a year ago. At first I didn't want to. But then after flipping through them. I realized that most of the stuff in them can be found on the net, and they're just taking up space.

I threw away all of my gaming mags when I moved. Only keeped the FHM, Maxim, Stuff, and Giant mags in a box back at my parents.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']I still don't see what the big deal is with Tool. They just bore me.[/QUOTE]
You and I see eye to eye (or ear to ear). It's not that Tool offends my musical taste or anything, it just doesn't sound interesting. At all...

[quote name='beerguy961']You and I see eye to eye (or ear to ear). It's not that Tool offends my musical taste or anything, it just doesn't sound interesting. At all...[/QUOTE] They're certainly more interesting than 90% of what's out there. I couldn't say where they stand in the 10% of music that's actually listenable, though. :lol:

[quote name='beerguy961']You and I see eye to eye (or ear to ear). It's not that Tool offends my musical taste or anything, it just doesn't sound interesting. At all...[/QUOTE]

Their fucking songs are so long, too.

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']They're certainly more interesting than 90% of what's out there. I couldn't say where they stand in the 10% of music that's actually listenable, though. :lol:[/quote]

If you think they're better than 90% of the music out there, you haven't heard much music.

And it's not the length that bothers me, as I listen to 30+ minute drone soundscapes. It's just so weak, especially with the amount of hype it gets.

Leftover Crack, on the other hand, are win.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']If you think they're better than 90% of the music out there, you haven't heard much music.[/QUOTE]You're right, it's probably closer to 99%. ;)

Of course, given the sheer amount of truly shitty music out there, that isn't saying much.

[quote name='LiquidNight']I just watched Heroes and I was quite impressed.[/QUOTE]
Heroes sucks. \\:D/

Oh god, my movie studio is in trouble. After making the highest rated movie of all time, all my stars started getting huge egos and demanded their own trailers and entourage. Now, right in the middle of filming a movie, they decide to get drunk. I built a rehab but I can only fit one person at a time. By the time this movie gets finished I'm going to be broke.

[quote name='dcfox']Oh god, my movie studio is in trouble. After making the highest rated movie of all time, all my stars started getting huge egos and demanded their own trailers and entourage. Now, right in the middle of filming a movie, they decide to get drunk. I built a rehab but I can only fit one person at a time. By the time this movie gets finished I'm going to be broke.[/QUOTE]

You might have to start doing things cheaply and quickly now, like a certain other filmmaker:

edwoodjdepp300x298cx2.jpg

"Really? Worst film you ever saw? Well, my next one will be better. Hello? Hello?" ;)

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']I didn't want to have to resort to this, but Tool are shit compared to almost everything I've heard.[/QUOTE] Almost everything you've heard shouldn't even be considered "music". :lol:

Not that it matters. If you enjoy it, fuck everything else. I'll keep listening to Tool. :lol:

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl'] If you enjoy it, fuck everything else. [/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's probably the best thing that can be said. The only thing that matters about anything is if you like it. Forget other people's opinions and just enjoy it. :)

However, I can understand wanting others to like stuff, too. I mean, if your favorite band's albums don't sell well, your favorite TV show doesn't draw high ratings (even despite critical acclaim), and so on... there's less chance of there being future projects from those people that you can enjoy.

And... I'm officially bored tonight.

So, here's a really stupid question to mull over...

I was watching Texas Chainsaw Massacre today. Leatherface seems to eat nothing but meats (human flesh, to be exact) and gets plenty of exercise chasing and killing his prey, lifting their bodies, beating them with heavy sledgehammers and chainsaws... and so on.

There are no carbohydrates in human flesh, since it's meat. With all the exercise he does and lean protein that he consumes, why is Leatherface so fat? :lol:

I think it's time to go make something for dinner before I think of more stupid shit.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']You might have to start doing things cheaply and quickly now, like a certain other filmmaker:

edwoodjdepp300x298cx2.jpg

"Really? Worst film you ever saw? Well, my next one will be better. Hello? Hello?" ;)[/quote]
Too late for that. I think the worst 6 or so movies are all from my studio :cry: Just when things were looking up for me.

Something I've noticed about the movies that's been bothering: it doesn't keep track of all the movies you've made. There's a list of movies but all my older movies have been taken removed from the list. There isn't an option, at least none that I see, to go back view the stats of movies once they've been archived. Being something of a numbers guy, this really bothers me.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']

I was watching Texas Chainsaw Massacre today. Leatherface seems to eat nothing but meats (human flesh, to be exact) and gets plenty of exercise chasing and killing his prey, lifting their bodies, beating them with heavy sledgehammers and chainsaws... and so on.

There are no carbohydrates in human flesh, since it's meat. With all the exercise he does and lean protein that he consumes, why is Leatherface so fat? :lol:

I think it's time to go make something for dinner before I think of more stupid shit.[/quote]
While I can't answer your question, here's a little interesting tidbit about human meat :drool::drool::drool:

Hmmm...I wonder which three of my five running backs in my fantasy football league I should start. I've got:

Steven Jackson against Detroit
Fred Taylor against Washington
Julius Jones against the Titans
Corey Dillon against Cincy
Travis Henry against Dallas

Right now I have the first three starting. Not sure if I should give Dillon a start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back