The "Road to Wrestlemania XXX" Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
.................And wwe really wants to try to sell people on wwe network when shit like that happens. That ppv was garbage.
why do you think they are now giving them away FREE with the network. From 40 buck ppv to under 10.

still love to see the network go to cable and i say by FALL the network will be on cable and sat tv.

More like comcast told them to go prove people want the network before pushing into their package.

I mean if wwe goes we have this network we want to charge 19.99 a month from but have no customers, comcast would not even look at it. Now if they go we got this network and want 19.99 a month from it and we have 5.5 million people paying to stream it . Comcast would be more willing to pick it up

is Corporate Kane a new person or does he count as KANE . though it does not matter seeing he was tossed right out

Last edited by a moderator:
So apparently I missed this during the Bryan/Wyatt match

spiderwalk.gif

Yeah, definitely not any nightmare fuel there. Nope, not in the slightest.
He did that on either Smackdown or Raw last week, but at the turnbuckle.

why do you think they are now giving them away FREE with the network. From 40 buck ppv to under 10.

still love to see the network go to cable and i say by FALL the network will be on cable and sat tv.

More like comcast told them to go prove people want the network before pushing into their package.

I mean if wwe goes we have this network we want to charge 19.99 a month from but have no customers, comcast would not even look at it. Now if they go we got this network and want 19.99 a month from it and we have 5.5 million people paying to stream it . Comcast would be more willing to pick it up
I still say I would bet you anything this does not go to cable or satellite tv. That is the whole point for this. Cable tv is a dying service. While I am sure it wont die entirely, stuff like WWE Network is the future. Going to cable would limit how many people could use the service. You would need to have the right provider to start and then deal with whatever nonsense the provider throws at you with it.

So glad I decided not to purchase Wrestlemania tickets this year. I'll wait for WM 32 in Dallas since it's only 3 hours away compared to 8. Maybe by then Punk, Bryan and Co. will be headlining and I won't have to worry about crying over spilled milk like last night.

JohnnyCurtisSpilledMilk.gif

I still say I would bet you anything this does not go to cable or satellite tv. That is the whole point for this. Cable tv is a dying service. While I am sure it wont die entirely, stuff like WWE Network is the future. Going to cable would limit how many people could use the service. You would need to have the right provider to start and then deal with whatever nonsense the provider throws at you with it.
they would still stream for 9.99 but would also provide a 2nd step though cable for 14.99 or 19.99. Never said they would stop the streaming. I heard they went the cable route first and was shot down many times that is why the did the streaming. If that is true or not who knows.

like i said i would of got it for 14.99 if it went though CABLE with internet prices going to skyrocket this summer not sure if i could afford the speed to stream it.

If Food Network adopts the WWE Network strategy, I could get rid of cable altogether. 

Raw should be interesting tonight. A shitfest for sure, but interesting.

Comcast had it for the past 10 years. It was WWE 24/7, later re-branded as Classics On Demand. WWE is not bringing this to cable.

For right now I can't see cable/sat companies wanting WWE Network due to it taking away from their precious PPV money they have been getting from the WWE for decades. Eventually they'll work out some kind of deal so the linear channel that's on the WWE Network will be carried as some kind of premium channel with access to the online WWE Network for say $12.99-$14.99 a month. This will be due to demand from customers who find stuff like Roku intimidating and trust me while cable/sat services aren't as huge as they were ten years ago there's still many people who are either afraid of "cutting the cord" or simply aren't in an area where broadband is good enough to support watching the WWE Network.

So I went back and rewatched the PPV from last night, I did mishear Renee but in my defense she ran WWE and after right together so quickly it sounded like WWF. Also, during the Orton/Cena match I wasn't paying a lot of attention last night but right after the Y2J chant Cena tried to do the Walls of Jericho and then after Orton broke he got up and you could see him say what the hell was that. Kinda funny. That match was all sorts of hilarious for the wrong reasons.

I wonder how hard it was Bryan to keep from laughing his ass off backstage when they were chanting for him throughout the rest of the night.

They trolling the crowd early tonight, crowd responds in turn.

Batista tweeted a positive reaction after last night’s WWE Royal Rumble pay-per-view but fans in attendance noted that he was legitimately upset after he won the main event and the crowd hijacked everything.

Batista was seen flipping fans off and having words with them on his way up the ramp when the show went off the air. Batista was shown on the big screen threatening a fan and flipping him off. Batista then mocked the “yes!” chant at the top of the ramp while fans continued to boo. Batista used his middle fingers to point instead of his index finger like Daniel Bryan does and flipped everyone off one last time.
I seriously hope there's video of this somewhere.

That sounds like Brotista right there. I like it.

I seriously hope there's video of this somewhere.
I haven't found video, the best is a picture of him giving the guy a bird on the way up the ramp:

Be9UQQ_IUAAg3G1.jpg

So WWE has a history of burying a talent in their hometown.....how can they bury both Ziggler and Miz in Cleveland? Who comes out and destroys them both, the Wyatt's?

I'm really enjoying this ragging on Cleveland by the commentators tonight.

And the crowd wakes back up at a random ass time.

Well there goes my dream match of Lesnar and the Authority Vs D-Bry. Not too late to do D-Bry vs Batista, but there's no way they can hot shot that angle without getting it all fucked up.

Guess the best I can hope for is Bry getting a clean win over Sheamus and that it's Lesnar Vs Batista (Vs WWE Champion, if need be - how weird would it be to pay homage to WM30 that way).

Wrestlemania looks so lackluster. At least there's hopes that maybe Taker is being held off because Sting's contract is being finalized. But I'm not holding my breath.

So glad I decided not to purchase Wrestlemania tickets this year. I'll wait for WM 32 in Dallas since it's only 3 hours away compared to 8. Maybe by then Punk, Bryan and Co. will be headlining and I won't have to worry about crying over spilled milk like last night.
I didn't even know WM was going to Dallas! That's awesome to hear. I sat 8th row at 25th Anniversary in Houston and might just start saving now...it was a blast. If I save 20-25 bucks every paycheck from now until then, I'd be able to grab some floor seats again. You're my hero for posting that. Now we just have to hope the product is significantly better than it is today.

I'm a huge Sting fan and trying not to get my hopes up. But I'm trying to think what my dream matchup would be at Wrestlemania. Obviously Sting vs Taker would be amazing, and it's hard not to want that. But, I'd love to see Sting win, especially if it's his only WWE match ever, and there's no way he ends the streak. So I think I'd really love Sting vs Jericho. They have a history and a feud almost writes itself. Jericho turns on him (and who doesn't love a heel Jericho) and claims he's the best WCW superstar of all time. I may be biased because I'm a huge Jericho fan too, but I think that would be an amazing feud/match.

[attachment=2563:tumblr_n0380uY6tF1saykaxo1_250.gif]

Surprised this wasn't posted yet...Seth Rollins' entrance botch. Thought he broke his ankle for a sec.

I didn't even know WM was going to Dallas! That's awesome to hear. I sat 8th row at 25th Anniversary in Houston and might just start saving now...it was a blast. If I save 20-25 bucks every paycheck from now until then, I'd be able to grab some floor seats again. You're my hero for posting that. Now we just have to hope the product is significantly better than it is today.
You can repay me by getting me a floor seat as well. I appreciate your generosity.

I'd like to think that 2 years from now the Wrestlemania main event scene won't be dependent on a past star returning .. however, I can't say that if Stone Cold were to finally return in his home state of Texas to face CM Punk I wouldn't be a total 10 year old marking out like it's my first live event.

Didn't really like the last two "real" matches of RAW... or, well, their endings.

Maybe it still is Daniel Wyatt...?
HERE COMES A LONG STRING OF THOUGHT:

We know that the WWE heads doesn't cater story-lines to people like us, who question everything. The main target demographic's been kids, so when a story is over, it's over (and forgotten by many, especially when it comes to repackaging wrestler personas), and there's not been really any cerebral thinking to the matches. That's why 90% of the time we can guess who will win the important matches and there's not many swerves that caters to the IWC.

My thoughts are that the bigwigs gambled with that Daniel Bryan/Wyatt Family story and they immediately regretted it, therefore pulling the plug earlier than intended. (You can tell by the match Bryan and Bray had last Sunday that it was supposed to come to a head at least by Royal Rumble) I guessed that Bryan likely would have been screwed again at RR to really raise him up at Mania. The only problem is that the fans want to see Bryan elevated NOW and that notion is I believe clashing with Vince's ideas of elevating him up at Mania. From our point of view, it's more of a "it will be too late and Bryan's appeal might burn out in 2 months," while in Vince's idea, it's more of, "how can we end up gaining the most out of this Daniel Bryan saga? by doing it on the biggest stage of them all."

However, He's pretty much been hot since 2 years ago (18 sec. match w/ Sheamus) and I see no signs of him slowly losing the fans' support by any means. We should just enjoy the ride, and WWE, looking ahead to their biggest event of the year, will (hopefully) not let us down. They made a lot of mistakes with Bryan which he was able to turn around as fuel for the fire [The 18 sec match (Which began the Yes Movement), Daniel Wyatt (Which I believe set Bray Wyatt and his Family as a force), Team Hell No (Which extended Kane's career), and the Weakest Link storyline (was set up to fail and he succeeded.), that Gauntlet Match last summer (which really showed the casual fans what he can do for an extended period of time)] and it's not like he lost the trust of the company because he doesn't sell merch like Cena. There's no way entire story-lines would have been written for Bryan if there were absolutely no trust in him. (See: Miz, Kofi, Del Rio, Ziggler, Santino, etc... No story at all, just fighting each other for the umpteenth time, with nobody caring about the results.)

The only problem I see with WWE is overcharging fans for PPVs to show the fans what they don't want to see. But Vince knows that wrestling is not what it used to be in the 80s and 90s, and needs that one big thing, and he probably believes that everything that will set the standards will be at Wrestlemania. It's been like that forever. That's why WWE Network's 1st PPV will be WM and not EC. Do I believe WWE had the foresight of building DB up since 2012? No, but they'll still claim that trophy themselves. But what we as fans know is that Daniel Bryan is the one that's saving shows after shows on his own (or is a big part of said saved shows). I'm not disgusted at the results of the RR too much because I'm more excited about what WWE can do in 2 months of building up to Mania, as this is always the most exciting time for wrestling.

Thanks for reading, all. If tl;dr, then it's okay too. Just a rant from a still-hopeful fan.

If Bryan is facing
Sheamus
at Wrestlemania, it seems one of them will have to turn heel.

As for predictable outcomes of matches, last night's main event was the ultimate in that regard. Were we really supposed to think that half of a 6 man title match would be The Shield? It would've been better to have 3 singles matches with Bryan, Sheamus, and Cena each facing a member.

Rollins and Cena have shown they can put on a good match, and the Wyatts still could've given Cena the DQ win after a nice back and forth match. Sheamus could've faced Ambrose and gotten the win. That leaves Bryan vs Reigns. With as hot as Reigns is getting, that would put doubt in the fans' minds about Bryan actually winning and getting into the EC. That would've made for a great main event, and the place would've gone nuts when Bryan won. IMO, it would've been better than the lame DQ finish we got. I've probably already put more thought into this than WWE Creative did, though.

As for predictable outcomes of matches, last night's main event was the ultimate in that regard. Were we really supposed to think that half of a 6 man title match would be The Shield? It would've been better to have 3 singles matches with Bryan, Sheamus, and Cena each facing a member.

Rollins and Cena have shown they can put on a good match, and the Wyatts still could've given Cena the DQ win after a nice back and forth match. Sheamus could've faced Ambrose and gotten the win. That leaves Bryan vs Reigns. With as hot as Reigns is getting, that would put doubt in the fans' minds about Bryan actually winning and getting into the EC. That would've made for a great main event, and the place would've gone nuts when Bryan won. IMO, it would've been better than the lame DQ finish we got. I've probably already put more thought into this than WWE Creative did, though.
It would be a nice twist to stick The Shield in the Chamber match, but yeah, it was never an idea that they would ever entertain in 2014.

The singles qualifying matches would have made much more sense, and added to the Shield break-up storyline direction in which they appear to be slowly trending towards. Bryan d. Ambrose, Sheamus d. Rollins, then Reigns d. Cena (with the distraction/intervention of the Wyatts). This keeps Cena in the Wyatt storyline and advances everyone forward. Makes sense, right?

Well, that's why it never happened.

HERE COMES A LONG STRING OF THOUGHT:
I pretty much agree with this... but view it another way.

They know what the fans want... but they ignore it on purpose (outside of teasing/trolling the fans) in an effort to make them want it even more.

I like Bryan, if he becomes champ it certainly won't offend me, but I enjoy him not being the champ... He's just not what I view a champion to look like and I don't want my suspension of disbelief to be lower than it already is.

(That said don't think I want to see Cena Vs Orton all the time...)

And I do think Bryan will have a nice reign as champ in 2014...

Someone posted a comment on a different website, and I thought it was a great idea:

Imagine if during the Royal Rumble, instead of Rey-Rey coming out at number 30, We get Daniel Bryan's music playing at 30, but as people are cheering for their hero, Those annoying gavel noises start making a ruckus, and #BadNewsBarrett comes out saying, "I'm afraid I have some BAD NEWS..." as the 30th man.

That would have been such an awesome way to establish Barrett's ridiculous gimmick as super heat-ful.

And yes, having Cena, Sheamus, and Bryan fight in singles matches for the right to the EC would have been such a better booking choice in hindsight... other than the opening segment, Brock-struction and the main event, it was a very empty-feeling 3 hrs of Raw, especially for a post-major-PPV Raw. Lots of frivolous matches that went nowhere.

According to LordsOfPain.net:

- The original plan for last night's RAW was to feature a number of qualifying matches for the Elimination Chamber match. When Vince McMahon decided the show needed to be re-written late in the afternoon, the qualifiers were dropped in favor of the six-man match. CM Punk was originally scheduled to wrestle in one of the qualifying matches but the decision was made to focus on his storyline with Kane next week.
They should really stop second guessing everything and just roll with it.

This was posted by someone on DVDVR

Shield invades the Wyatt residence like the DEA rading a drug shanty
Reigns crashes through a wall, Rollins does his dive through a window, and Ambrose just walls in the door.
Sadly since this is not 1990s WCW they wouldn't actually film this.

Regardless, I'm now having wonderful visions of The Shield as The A-Team.
Murdock = Rollins
B.A. = Reigns
Hannibal = Ambrose. "I love it when a plan comes together."

I was thinking the same thing, except that Rollins is a hybrid of Face and Hannibal. :lol:

Some dirt sheets out there are reporting that Punk told Vince on Monday NIght that he was 'going home'.

He is no longer being advertised for Raw or Smackdown live events for the next few weeks.

The final two men in the Elimination Chamber are sort of "WTF?" entrants.

Cesaro and Christian
The latter, while I consider them nothing spectacular, can hold together a match with their experience. What's the term used in the EWR/TEW games? "Ring General," or something.

The former- Well, sorta obvious why they're in the match. Spots, and for their wrasslin prowess.

WTF?  I did I miss something?  I've seen on a couple sites(including Yahoo's main page) citing reports that Sting has signed with WWE.

Did some digging through Youtube clips and somehow completely forgot this gimmick(where it was something different every week), it was pretty funny for it's time.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PssQz3xmUJA[/youtube]

Whoa.

Well, as much as his phony-baloney "leave with the title and I mean it, I don't know if I'm re-signing" thing left a bad impression, I'll give him credit for just saying fuck this shit and leaving.

... unless this is some new modern era of "work the internet" angles (Punk quitting, Bryan being "held down," etc). I'm not really ready to give them that much credit though. They are just a fucked up company.

Either way, bring on the CM Punk chants "ruining" matches!

Whoa.

Well, as much as his phony-baloney "leave with the title and I mean it, I don't know if I'm re-signing" thing left a bad impression, I'll give him credit for just saying fuck this shit and leaving.

... unless this is some new modern era of "work the internet" angles (Punk quitting, Bryan being "held down," etc). I'm not really ready to give them that much credit though. They are just a fucked up company.
Hasn't he been complaining on Twitter for a couple months now that he's tired of being on the road and the way he's been treated? If it's true, just let him at least cool off for now since his contract is up in July. Also goes to show they really do need a off-period(or at least seasonal rotating roster for time off) for wrestlers as they get burnt out/injured too quickly now.

But I guess this would screw Triple H on getting a Wrestlemania match with Punk now, unless they throw someone else in his slot. They'll also have to drop the feud with Kane right now too(leaving Kane with not much to do).

*Edit* Looks like the rumors going around that
Daniel Bryan
will the fill-in for CM Punk for the Wrestlemania match with Triple H. So I guess that's a step up from the
Daniel Bryan vs. Sheamus
match that was supposed to happen?

Also one thing that was mentioned was Punk was burnt out, but looking to main event Wrestlemania. Since it didn't it wasn't going to happen and didn't care about the money, he basically quit on Monday.

Oddly enough, after Matt and his wife beat the hell out of each other and got out of jail they got back together to take duck face selfies... They sound oddly perfect for each other.

Happy with that Elimination Chamber lineup

Hopefully this gets Cesaro on the Wrestlemania card this year - maybe against Sheamus since he's probably without an opponent now? 

I guess those Elimination Chamber spoilers are from the Smackdown taping?

I am a bit concerned about putting Christian in the chamber. I honestly thought he was done after his last injury and for some reason I thought he unofficially retired. Cesaro is awesome, although it seems kinda random to put him in contention for the WWE WHC right before Wrestlemania.

I guess those Elimination Chamber spoilers are from the Smackdown taping?

I am a bit concerned about putting Christian in the chamber. I honestly thought he was done after his last injury and for some reason I thought he unofficially retired. Cesaro is awesome, although it seems kinda random to put him in contention for the WWE WHC right before Wrestlemania.
That's why I said he's a "WTF?" entrant. He's been stuck in terrible tag team hell for a while now, and all of a sudden they put him in a title match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back