The "Road to Wrestlemania XXX" Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cesaro/Cena was damn good. Lots of people shitting on the outcome of course..but still a damn fine match. I would recommend watching that at least.

Christian/Bryan and Roman/Henry match plus the aftermath with the Shield/Wyatts is also worth checking out.
One of the few times you will EVER hear "THIS IS AWESOME" from the crowd during a Cena match, which goes to prove how great of a talent Cesaro is...

Cena on Austin's podcast was really good. As uninterested as I am in him as a rassler, it's pretty impossible to hate the guy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just avoid that main event..unless you want to hear a holy shit chant for the softest table break of all time.

I like Sheamus and Orton's wrestling just fine for the most part but those two have absolutely no chemistry and never have.

I liked the little hint of a more vicious Sheamus at least...doing his backbreaker 3 times straight..but then he went right back to do his face preening to set up the brogue kick.

Also, just a random thought I had about the network..  At what point do they start having commercials on PPV events?

Well, to be honest, pay-per-views are basically two to three hours commercials. I see no harm in adding say an additional 15 minutes of outside commercials (if it happens).

It seems WWE and NBC Universal have failed to reach a deal on TV rights, so WWE will shop their programming to other networks. The USA/SyFy deal runs until September 30.

What other networks really fit with them? FX/Fox Sports 1? Maybe back to Spike? I don't think they'll make Raw/Smackdown exclusive to the WWE Network without significantly raising the subscription price.

FX dropped the UFC because it didn't fit with their programming. I can't see them signing WWE for similar reasons.

Spike would be a good fit, but I dunno how deep the TNA/Bellator/Viacom contracts go. 

It would be better for Viacom/Bellator if Spike dropped TNA and partnered them up with WWE. Like, infinitely better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xc1bfrjURQ

This is a really great interview with Davey Richards. Steen is probably my favorite interviewer in that he really brings a down to Earth vibe to these things. I've seen the ones with Paul London, Davey Richards, and Chris Hero and they're all fantastic. It feels like you're there shooting the shit with the wrestlers themselves and it really humanizes them in a big way.

On one hand this may feel like people are breaking keyfabe but on the other hand the cat is out of the bag. There's no way to fake this anymore and so what you have to do - and what indie fans do - is accept the promotion for what it is. A stunt show with story lines. And though some guys take this really seriously, like Nigel and Davey. Others accept their jobs as entertainers like Steen, Hero, and London.

You can get the DVD here: http://www.highspots.com/p/kss-davey.html

Stream: http://www.highspots.com/p/VD_kss_davey_richards.html

To be fair though, the rewatchability on these shoot interviews is shit. I wish they'd just release these as mp3s that you could buy for far cheaper.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3WdmHZ8u0E&list=UU3oaf4oGZlPVYrvQ0lx8J9w&feature=c4-overview

Was a pretty damn funny argument.

You know it's bad enough we had people like the Spoony Experiment who would spend over one hour discussing TNA Impact. But three hours for one RAW is the very definition of over kill.

Calm your ass down Zen davis,  the beginning rage was the only  part i was gonna point out. How fucking lazy to not even get someones name right, who the fuck is renee good lord fuck off.

Renee Young. Reference to current WWE backstage interviewer who does the best in bringing top news to WWE fans.

She is actually kind of cute. But seriously we watched someone act abusively towards two other people because they thought Cena was interesting.

It's the point I made here before. If you don't like something, stop watching. But baldy decided to abuse the other two people for hits and controversy and overall I thought it was in very bad taste.

Point taken. The day people actually follow up on the idle threats of not supporting the product is the day Wwe finally gets Tna level attendance (not a chance anytime soon).

It would be better for Viacom/Bellator if Spike dropped TNA and partnered them up with WWE. Like, infinitely better.
TNA's tv contract with Spike also expires in the Fall. So it would actually be perfect timing for Spike to pick up WWE programming.

Find it funny if that happened, it would probably be a repeat of what happened to ECW. Because TNA is apparently dependent on that tv money from Spike right now.

http://www.salon.com/2014/02/19/jesse_ventura_unloads_to_salon_kill_citizens_united_stop_guantanamo_and_save_unions/

Good lord Jesse Ventura is a moron (he does know how to deflect and avoid actual discourse, though, so he has that rhetorical gift).

Never trust a man who wears a gem in his cleft, I suppose.
I got to the part where he said "Why should a millionaire be taxed like a millionaire if he's not living like a millionaire?" and promptly shook my head.

Rest in peace, Viscera.

God I cannot help but love Cornette. (NSFW)

http://youtu.be/gK8Cyoqh8Uw

I read Dish Network isn't carrying Elimination Chamber PPV this Sunday.
I know the cable companies and satellite companies are scared that the future is all internet services like WWE Network so they are trying to squash it before it takes off but this is stupid. So now people who Dish who would have bought the PPVs cant so now have even MORE reason to go with the WWE Network. I have Dish and am happy with it, but this is just a stupid move on their part. It just says "We dont care about our customers".

I am sure that once the other cable services dont follow Dishes lead they will decide to choose to air every PPV again.

I keep having the feeling that the completely untested Network is going to collapse under traffic, and everyone will be watching Bufferingmania.

Seems incredibly risky to have the first real test of the Network be the biggest show of the year. Visions of "we did not anticipate the enthusiasm the WWE Universe would have for Wrestlemania!" messaging keep popping into my head.

I keep having the feeling that the completely untested Network is going to collapse under traffic, and everyone will be watching Bufferingmania.

Seems incredibly risky to have the first real test of the Network be the biggest show of the year. Visions of "we did not anticipate the enthusiasm the WWE Universe would have for Wrestlemania!" messaging keep popping into my head.
It's not completely untested. They're using the MLB.tv platform which has been in use for years. I'm guessing they're also hoping that people buy into the network in February so they have a better idea about what kind of bandwidth they'll need by April. They've also been streaming PPVs online for quite some time.

Johnny Goodtime is insane.

iEu7YbTm1pNV3.gif

Johnny Goodtime is insane.
Yeah, love for the RockNES Monsters really died out since 2013, but they're still going strong in PWG. I don't think they'll ever get bigger than they were in 2011-12, but they are a solid lower-midcard tag team, along with PPRay.

The 2014 DDT4 preview trailer, by far, is the best work by Super Dragon. the music hits at all the right moments. He's been getting real good at the production stuff.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/NslvI-tRi-g[/youtube]

I got to the part where he said "Why should a millionaire be taxed like a millionaire if he's not living like a millionaire?" and promptly shook my head.

Rest in peace, Viscera.

God I cannot help but love Cornette. (NSFW)

http://youtu.be/gK8Cyoqh8Uw
I could listen to Cornette shoots all day.

Yeah, love for the RockNES Monsters really died out since 2013, but they're still going strong in PWG. I don't think they'll ever get bigger than they were in 2011-12, but they are a solid lower-midcard tag team, along with PPRay.

The 2014 DDT4 preview trailer, by far, is the best work by Super Dragon. the music hits at all the right moments. He's been getting real good at the production stuff.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/NslvI-tRi-g[/youtube]
This show looks amazing! Thanks!

Later tonight, DDP will make an appearance on Shark Tank pitching DDPYoga to the investors. Airs tonight at 9 p.m. EST on ABC.

- Cage017 (the only person at CAG who DIDN'T hate the Royal Rumble)

I've been meaning to ask this for some time, but haven't had the time to post on CAG in awhile. I figure if I ask this in the wrestling enthusiast thread I might have a better chance of getting a response and it makes more sense than opening a new thread (at least for the moment).

My question is this: I purchased the wwe '13 for xbox 360 about a month ago from a Microsoft Store deal. There's only a handful of DLC characters that I'm actually interested in (I think maybe 3-4). Off the top of my head I can remember that AJ Lee was a character I'd throw $1 at and a couple others so it would hold me over for a wwe game for sometime. That was basically my whole thinking in getting this copy, since the reviews I read made the game seem really good and it had a large roster/characters that I wanted to play as (also a huge attitude era fan of course). I haven't opened the game yet (was planning to this weekend), but when I go onto xbox.com to get some of the DLC I only see the option for a season pass and no individual characters. Essentially, what I'm asking is has the DLC for WWE '13 (Xbox 360) been removed already?

I've been meaning to ask this for some time, but haven't had the time to post on CAG in awhile. I figure if I ask this in the wrestling enthusiast thread I might have a better chance of getting a response and it makes more sense than opening a new thread (at least for the moment).

My question is this: I purchased the wwe '13 for xbox 360 about a month ago from a Microsoft Store deal. There's only a handful of DLC characters that I'm actually interested in (I think maybe 3-4). Off the top of my head I can remember that AJ Lee was a character I'd throw $1 at and a couple others so it would hold me over for a wwe game for sometime. That was basically my whole thinking in getting this copy, since the reviews I read made the game seem really good and it had a large roster/characters that I wanted to play as (also a huge attitude era fan of course). I haven't opened the game yet (was planning to this weekend), but when I go onto xbox.com to get some of the DLC I only see the option for a season pass and no individual characters. Essentially, what I'm asking is has the DLC for WWE '13 (Xbox 360) been removed already?
There is an in-game shop where you can buy the DLC characters.

Apparently ROH and NJPW will be doing two shows together in May.

That's gotta thrill some people on this forums (nudge*HerototheMasses*nudge)

Lol, get prepared for a thousand pictures promoting it from him...
Unless it's a live PPV, I have no interest. If any of the match-ups are good, I'll go though. Saw Misawa in his last US match before he died a few years back. Feel lucky to have seen him.

The History of the WWE documentary and Triple H Thy Kingdom Come are up on Netflix.  Might get taken down when the Network launches.

So I take it WWE got greedy as usual and made a separate DLC shop? At least in this siutation with THQ out of business it makes sense.
Have they ever pulled DLC from it?
It's been like that at least since WWE '12, not sure how that constitutes greed on WWE's part. They're not the only game with DLC shops built into the game.

Yeah. Looks like I'm going to NYC. Tanahashi, Okada, Nakamura are going to be there. I'm hyped. Cheap seats here I come! Show is available only on VOD so fuck promoting that though. Get your shit together ROH.

At this point ROH needs a better owner. I don't see Sinclair overnight fixing the streaming issues let alone the other issues that plague ROH at this point (ie: terrible TV lighting, most Sinclair own stations broadcasting ROH in 4x3 on their HD channel, etc). At the very least if ROH wanted to be dead serious on streaming they could at the worst made amends with Gabe Sapolsky and use his WWN Live service for ROH live events. I rarely have any issues with WWN Live and already have tonight's DGUSA iPPV ordered and will be watching that instead of the snooze fest the WWE is putting on tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back