The Rock Band Thread - 10/26: Rock Band 3 Out Now With Free The Doors Pack In-Game!

Anyone else felt the need to tape their stock RB2 drum sticks? I find them awfully hard to keep hold on to at times and thought tape might help. If you did, what kind did you use? Make much of a difference?

I am having an issue with my rock band 2 drumset. It keeps disconnecting and reconnecting during songs. I googled the hell out of it and all fixes have had zero help.

I put tissue behind the battery cover to stop the battery jittering thing. I even tried it on another tv way away from my router, nothing. I cant think of anything. help please.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']I am having an issue with my rock band 2 drumset. It keeps disconnecting and reconnecting during songs. I googled the hell out of it and all fixes have had zero help.

I put tissue behind the battery cover to stop the battery jittering thing. I even tried it on another tv way away from my router, nothing. I cant think of anything. help please.[/QUOTE]

my friend has the exact same problem and hasn't been able to come up with a fix yet. i think it has more to do with the controller losing connection with the dongle and less to do with the battery. either way, i'm not sure of the fix.

[quote name='bigdsinferno']my friend has the exact same problem and hasn't been able to come up with a fix yet. i think it has more to do with the controller losing connection with the dongle and less to do with the battery. either way, i'm not sure of the fix.[/QUOTE]

gah more bad news, I called EA and they said that other wireless devices are the problem. And that its not faulty, its my fault because it does connect most of the time.

I think it has to do with the doggle not getting enough power, because if I only play drums with no guitar doggle or mic plugged in I dont get a problem. Maybe I'll try a usb hub.

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146972

This week's releases:
Warped Tour Pack - $8.49
A Day to Remember - “The Downfall of Us All”
Bad Religion - “21st Century Digital Boy”
Chiodos - “I Didn’t Say I Was Powerful, I Said I Was a Wizard”
Escape the Fate - “The Flood”
Underoath - “Reinventing Your Exit”

Maroon 5 Pack - $5.49
Maroon 5 - “Little of Your Time”
Maroon 5 - “Makes Me Wonder”
Maroon 5 - “Wake Up Call”

Pearl Jam Ten Bonus Pack - $5.49
Pearl Jam - “Brother”
Pearl Jam - “Alive (Live: Drop in the Park)”
Pearl Jam - “State of Love and Trust (Live: Drop in the Park)”
The Peal Jam pack is the only questionable one since it was posted with the releases for this week, but the press releases says it'll be out next week, so we'll have to wait for them to come out or not.

can we get the songs individually ill get the escape the fate one and the chiodos, ill get underoath too just wondering since i borrow my friends wifi for the dlc

Sorry for the bump but I didn't want to create another thread.

I'm planning to get Beatles RB bundle. However, I can't decide whether to go with the Wii or the PS3 version. They're the same price for the bundle.

I have GH (guitars only) for the Wii. So I already have presidence to go with the Wii version.

I'm expecting that the PS3 version will look better but if the graphics are cartoon based like in the trailers, I'm not sure if there's going to be a big difference there. Will there be an audio difference?

Also, my Wii is not connected to my network but my PS3 is. I think that downloading DLC will be easier on the PS3.

So it comes down to this for me: keep it in the same console so I can use the instruments for both GH and RB but no DLC or go with PS3 for potential DLC.

Is there anything else I should consider in my decision? TIA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YNqc-J4Htc

This is the new Beatles: Rock Band trailer that shows off new songs and dreamscapes, which are the stylized sequences that are tailored for each song in the game. That brings to mind whether we should have a separate thread for The Beatles: Rock Band, since it's an all -inclusive game as far as DLC and importing songs are concerned, but I wouldn't mind adding a new section to this thread for the new game.

Needs more blue meanies.

I wonder how tricky it would have been to get the rights to use the movie imagery for the Yellow Submarine/Sgt. Pepper stages. Just imagine how mindblowingly awesome it would be if all the characters/backgrounds were 2D animations or even just cel shaded.

http://rockbandaide.com/full-1-beatles-rock-band-set-list1/

The full setlist is finally here, minus one song that was left off for now:

SINGLES:

• I Want To Hold Your Hand
  • I Feel Fine
  • Day Tripper
  • Paperback Writer
  • Revolution
  • Don’t Let Me Down
PLEASE PLEASE ME(1963)

• I Saw Her Standing There
  • Boys
  • Do You Want To Know A Secret
  • Twist and Shout
WITH THE BEATLES (1963)

• I Wanna Be Your Man
A HARD DAY’S NIGHT (1964)

• A Hard Day’s Night
  • Can’t Buy Me Love
BEATLES FOR SALE (1964)

• Eight Days a Week
HELP! (1965)

• Ticket To Ride
RUBBER SOUL (1965)

• Drive My Car
  • I’m Looking Through You
  • If I Needed Someone
REVOLVER (1966)

• Taxman
  • Yellow Submarine
  • And Your Bird Can Sing
SGT. PEPPER’S LONELY HEARTS CLUB BAND (1967)

• Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band/With a Little Help From My Friends
  • Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds
  • Getting Better
  • Good Morning Good Morning
MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR (1967)

• I Am The Walrus
  • Hello Goodbye
THE BEATLES (WHITE ALBUM) (1968)

• Dear Prudence
  • Back In the U.S.S.R.
  • While My Guitar Gently Weeps
  • Birthday
  • Helter Skelter
YELLOW SUBMARINE (1969)

• Hey Bulldog
ABBEY ROAD (1969)

• Come Together
  • Something
  • Octopus’s Garden
  • I Want You (She’s So Heavy)
  • Here Comes the Sun
LET IT BE (1970)

• Dig a Pony
  • I Me Mine
  • I Got a Feeling
  • Get Back
LOVE (2006)

• Within You Without You/ Tomorrow Never Knows

someone sent me a pm for my above post, I deleted it by accident, pm me again if you want 50 plus songs for $10. cheers

Picked this up earlier today and have been playing a lot of it, as I'm at the second portion of the Abby Roads part of the Story mode. It's been a lot of fun and there are a lot more improvements to things I wasn't expecting, like the countdown for coming back from pausing the game and trophies have a Gears-like style to it, so you can see how close you are to getting certain trophies.

I changed up the title and will be revamping the OP later tonight after I finish off the Story mode.

I thought I would be able to hold of on this until next month but after everything I have read about it I think I am going to go pick up a copy of it tomorrow morning.

Played Beatles for like 3 hours and its just full of win, especially if you like the band. I tried hard vocals at first, then medium/expert voxbass, and finally hard performance mode vocals (I passed so many of them on the first try :cool:). My playthru was cut short when my gf came home and hogged it for an hr. :lol:

Like FriskyTanuki said, there's a lot of subtle improvements over the RB2 engine. Even though the setlist is short compared to its counterparts, I can see myself playing this game for a looong time and possibly even in higher rotation than my 400+ RB tracklist. So many of the 45 songs are timeless classics and I can't wait for the upcoming legendary dlc albums. :bouncy:

played last night- I really enjoyed it. The 3-mic set up was incredibly painless. I was expecting to fiddle with it for a while.

I picked up a Ps2 Singstar mic pack at gamestop for 25 bucks. It only uses 1 usb port. BB has the PS3 Singstar bundle for 35- and has the PS3 sale right now, so it might be a good time to look into it.

[quote name='m_d_amore']Anyone know where Strawberry Fields is or when its coming?[/QUOTE]
Harmonix's press statement made it seem like they're only releasing 3 albums this year plus All You Need Is Love. The omission of Strawberry Fields Forever in the original tracklist is sorely missed by me too since it's one of my favorite songs. Maybe it will appear on the Magical Mystery Tour album?

I'm curious to see how they handle the DLC- 3 albums this year is 1 a month. I would really like to see HELP! and some of the others. Hopefully they keep up the pace.

I will just assume each beatles album pack will include seperate trophies and animations and will therefore be on the order of $20 or $30 each and not your typical $2/each song price.

[quote name='jonlubbe']I will just assume each beatles album pack will include seperate trophies and animations and will therefore be on the order of $20 or $30 each and not your typical $2/each song price.[/QUOTE]
No, the pricing and details for the first album, Abbey Road, were announced at GamesCom:

Details for downloadable albums coming to The Beatles: Rock Band Music Store are as follows:

Abbey Road (1969)
Release Date: October 20, 2009
Pricing: $16.98 (or 1360 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for album
$1.99 (or 160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for individual tracks

• “Come Together”
• “Something”
• “Maxwell’s Silver Hammer”
• “Oh! Darling”
• “Octopus’s Garden”
• “I Want You (She’s So Heavy)”
• “Here Comes The Sun”
• “Because”
• “You Never Give Me Your Money”
• “Sun King”
• “Mean Mr. Mustard”
• “Polythene Pam”
• “She Came In Through The Bathroom Window”
• “Golden Slumbers”
• “Carry That Weight”
• “The End”
• “Her Majesty”

In addition, purchasers of the full album download of Abbey Road will have the option to play the famous 16-minute B-side medley as a single continuous track. The medley includes “You Never Give Me Your Money,” “Sun King,” “Mean Mr. Mustard,” “Polythene Pam,” “She Came In Through The Bathroom Window,” “Golden Slumbers,” “Carry That Weight” and “The End."

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']No, the pricing and details for the first album, Abbey Road, were announced at GamesCom:[/QUOTE]

THAT IS GREAT NEWS! (very happy about that, was assuming a heavy premium on price and all that)
This means that i will have to get it day one.

[quote name='m_d_amore']so we get to pay for some of the same songs twice Awesomeness :)[/QUOTE]

No, count the number of new songs.

someone sent me a pm for my above post, I deleted it by accident again, pm me again if you want 50 plus songs ACDC and RB TP V2 for $10. cheers

God dammit. Killer Queen's Rock Band note chart is a mere shadow of the Guitar Hero cover. :cry: I am really disappointed.

Also every few months I go on a Dylan kick and think it might be fun to play Tangled Up in Blue on expert again. It's not!

[quote name='metaly']Also every few months I go on a Dylan kick and think it might be fun to play Tangled Up in Blue on expert again. It's not![/QUOTE]
It never is. I always have to warn guests away from it.

http://kotaku.com/5399206/rock-band-3-will-teach-you-how-to-play-proper-music

An interesting bit of potential news on what to expect from Rock Band 3:
In an interview with the Chicago Tribune, Dhani Harrison - son of former Beatle George Harrison - has revealed that he's not only working on Rock Band 3, but that it's going to take the series in a new direction.

The fact he mentions a third Rock Band should surprise only those who wake up every morning shocked to see the sun has risen. But the specifics, and why he's involved in the project, those are a little more interesting.

"I'm working on 'Rock Band 3' and making the controllers more real so people can actually learn how to play music while playing the game," he told the newspaper. "Give me a couple years, it's going to happen."
Should be interesting to see what they can come up with. I hope the bit about it happening in a couple years means they'll focus on DLC and upgrading RB2 if they're not rushing something out for next year.

Is there any way to copy Rock Band songs to the Hard drive? Or does the game always have to read through the disc. I have a copy of Rock Band one, and it seems like for every song, my blu ray is always been accessed

[quote name='surak']RockBand twitter will be giving away Sgt Pepper DLC codes if they get to 10000 followers by tomorrow. http://twitter.com/RockBand/status/5992614929[/QUOTE]

Sign me up for a chance at a free code!

I don't understand the appeal of the Twit, since I only use my phone to make, you know, PHONE CALLS, but this sounds like a good reason to play with my tweeter.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']http://www.mtv.com/videos/news/464452/green-day-perform-american-idiot-on-rock-band.jhtml

I'm confused. I really that this is just a Track Pack and not the next full game.[/QUOTE]

It has to be. They don't seem to go the Activision way of 'if it's a popular band of the past twenty years, it probably deserves its own game" but they've released quite a few albums if I recall correctly.

Just ran across a thread on it at the official RB forums (here) I hope they don't start going down that same Activision route. At worst I hope they release it as a $30 or so Track Pack like they did with the Metal/Country/etc ones.

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3336049#post3336049

The game is an extension and expression of Green Day’s most-defining albums and key moments throughout their career to date. It will feature likenesses of Green Day members Billie Joe Armstrong, Mike Dirnt, and Tré Cool, as well as select venues and art specific to the band's history. The title will be available globally in 2010 for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Wii™ system from Nintendo. In addition, the track list will be fully exportable, giving players the opportunity to play the songs in Rock Band™ and Rock Band 2™ on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation3.

First Beatles, now Green Day on Rock Band!!! Now, BOTH of my favorite bands of all time will have their own Rock Band games. I guess I have some good taste in music ;)

[quote name='evergoo']I won the Rubber Soul album via Twitter. Have faith boys. It is possible to win on the internet. :)[/QUOTE]

Yes, even though I posted about the twitter contests, I hadn't won until today. Rubber Soul was the album I wanted the most out of the 3 released so far, so I'm a happy camper.

I think they should have done a rockband Afi itll be cool to hear cereal wars, perfect fit, a single second , 3 1/2 and other nice afi songs on rockband

If anybody is interested in a PS3 Classic Rock Track Pack code, I have one that I can sell for $10 paypal. Please help me get to Magfest, lol.

GREEN DAY ROCKBAND FOR THE WIN!!!

Now, BOTH of my favorite bands (Beatles) will have their own respective Rock Bands. I got good music taste.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/01/rock-band-2-ps3-software-update/

A new update will be out tomorrow to add or fix some stuff:
My name is Dan Teasdale. I’m DeliciousBees on the PlayStation Network, but more importantly I’m also the Lead Designer on Rock Band 2!

We’re perfectionists over here at Harmonix, and we want to make sure that everyone’s Rock Band experiences are as awesome as they possibly can be. With that in mind, I’m proud to announce that the Rock Band team has finalized a software update for Rock Band 2 on the PlayStation 3 that addresses some common feature requests from our fans. We’ve also added some great new functionality that we think you’ll be excited to try out when the software update arrives this Thursday.

This update wouldn’t be possible without the feedback and suggestions that we receive from everyone in both the Rock Band and PlayStation communities. Everybody here at Harmonix takes your forum posts and suggestions to heart, and we wouldn’t be able to make our games as awesome as they are without all of the feature requests and feedback that we get from you on a daily basis. So from all of us here at Harmonix, thank you, and please keep letting us know what you’d like to see in future updates and games!

This update includes:

• “Sort by Stars” in Quickplay. If you hit the “Sort” button on the Song Select screen, you’ll come to a brand new sort that orders songs by the star ratings that you’ve achieved on each song. Each star rating gets a category, as well as an “Unplayed” category for songs that don’t have a star rating recorded. Finally, you can record your progress towards gold starring every song in your library!
  • Improved “Sort by Stars” fix: Players will not have to beat a previous high score to record a star rating for their songs.
  • Chord HOPO improvements: If you’ve played The Beatles: Rock Band, you’ll notice much more robust handling of chord hammer-ons and pull-offs. This patch implements those changes in Rock Band 2 to provide a more natural chord hammer-on/pull-off experience.
  • Velocity Sensitivity on Ion Drum Kits: Ion Drum kits now support velocity sensitivity in both drum fills and Drum Freestyle mode.
  • Rock Band Network Store Support: When the Rock Band Network goes live, select songs will be available for PlayStation 3 users through a new storefront available in game. Stay tuned for more information closer to the launch of RBN!
  • SingStar Wireless Microphone Support. Rock Band 2 now supports the SingStar Wireless Microphones currently available through Europe! Finally, you can now have a fully wireless Rock Band experience on your PlayStation 3!
We’re extremely happy to be able to finally release this update for the PlayStation 3 version of Rock Band 2. We know many of you are rabid PlayStation rockers, and it’s a priority for us to make sure that everyone gets the best experience playing Rock Band. On behalf of everyone here at Harmonix, we hope you enjoy the new features!

That cool I play rockband2 still I have almost 300 songs (DLC plus RB1 and RB2 I still need LegoRB)

bread's done
Back