The Shockmaster (And Other Things Of Wrestlecrap) Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
TNA put the Tag Titles on the Wolves two weeks after debuting and took them off two weeks later.

They did nothing to establish the Wolves, assuming their indy cred would be enough.

Ugh. Such a disappointing company.

TNA gave them the straps to promote the "unpredictability" of their house shows and to establish them as contenders for the belts when the Wolves are done with the MVP / Dixie power struggle storyline.

They've been giving them quite the rub on every episode of Impact since their debut, so I'll just assume you haven't been watching and wanted to sound off on some results / spoilers you read online.  You're making it sound like they're toiling away in obscurity.

Indy wrestling is obscurity, my friend. Hell, TNA is obscurity, too.

It's all about anticipation, and it's absent with the Wolves. They're doing a good job with Magnus and Joe, but the X and Tag titles are not like that at all.

I'm not interested in personal attacks, but if that's what you need to feel better about a wrestling company, knock yerself out, hombre.

It's all about anticipation, and it's absent with the Wolves. They're doing a good job with Magnus and Joe, but the X and Tag titles are not like that at all.

I'm not interested in personal attacks, but if that's what you need to feel better about a wrestling company, knock yerself out, hombre.
To be fair, reading his post from a third person perspective, I didn't perceive any kind of attack. At worst, it was speculative.

??? @ virtually everything in this post.

I think you missed everything I said. :lol:

Last edited:
I know what he said.  I don't see what it had to do with what I said.

I was referring to toiling away within the TNA "Universe" / storylines, which was what he was initially talking about.  They have been prominently featured in the Dixie / MVP power struggle since they've debuted.

The perceived throw-away title run was used to promote TNA house shows and promote "#Wolves" throughout that week.

Even though the Bromans stole the belts back at the Japan event, both tag teams are still in an ongoing program with each other, which I'm sure will result in the Wolves regaining the belts.

Last edited:
Leo Kruger's Russell Brand gimmick was pretty good. I like the posse of all the druggies that lifted him into the ring.

I know what he said. I don't see what it had to do with what I said.

I was referring to toiling away within the TNA "Universe" / storylines, which was what he was initially talking about. They have been prominently featured in the Dixie / MVP power struggle since they've debuted.

The perceived throw-away title run was used to promote TNA house shows and promote "#Wolves" throughout that week.

Even though the Bromans stole the belts back at the Japan event, both tag teams are still in an ongoing program with each other, which I'm sure will result in the Wolves regaining the belts.
I understood what you said. We're going to disagree still. Titles shouldn't be props to be hotshotted around as a means of getting over new talent. I'm not saying the Wolves aren't being pushed - they are. I am saying that the belts, the Wolves, and tag wrestling is harmed with a hotshot. Why should I care if they win the belts back, when they'll lose them the next month?

There's no anticipation, there's no legacy. I'm a slow burn kinda dude, and I think Tommy Dreamer/Raven wouldn't have meant shit if they traded wins back and forth over the years, or that Eddie Guerrero's title win wouldn't have meant much if he became champion as one of The Radicalz.

Sports is about anticipation - not the actual outcome (that's just a brief moment), but the excitement that comes with seeing victory in reach, or seeing potential certain defeat staved off. The victory or outcome is just the release. So when the Wolves win the titles again, big deal. I've seen them do it before. But the first time is always special, yeah? I feel like nurturing the relationship, letting that anticipation build, hang, build some more, fall back, then full on. It's totally sexual, y'all know. Daniel Bryan is totally in the middle of this right now (we aren't dumb enough to think a dude that over isn't going to become champion again because Vince likes big muscle men, are we?). It's smart, business-wise, to do things that way. Keep the fans wanting. Keep them coming back - the challenge is in making sure they are able to sustain that level of excitement and anticipation.

Maybe you don't like your wrestling like that? I can't imagine you don't. Your response was to dismiss my opinion by explaining the *purpose* of hotshotting the belts, as if I failed to understand how pro wrestling works. I know how it works, I just think that quick on and quick off does more harm than good.

Just watched NXT. I hope Leo Kruger doesn't end up this generation's Booty Man, but Adam Rose is pretty damn sports-entertaining.

Smartmarkvideo released limited edition DVD sets of the wrestling is promotions. Picked them up because I love me some chikara.

So the Botchamania vid shows Steiner botching at Badd Blood and reveals a DVD version with an alternate angle as well. Which version does the WWE Network show? 

tumblr_n21s4qgdjv1tt2jjyo1_400.gif

Has MVP wrestled yet in TNA? I've been a huge fan of his so when I heard that he was in TNA I tried to watch but couldn't watch more than a couple episodes and in both, he did not wrestle.

Does this make any sense for Bryan Vs. HHH?

-Bryan has HHH down and out (or so it would seem)

-Authority run-in.

-HHH grabs sledge

-All hope is lost (or so it would seem)

-Punk's music hits, out comes Punk

-Crowd goes ape shit

-During Punk/Bryan's Rally, one or both get hit with sledgehammer.

-All hope is lost part 2 (or so it would seem)

-HHH grabs mic and starts taunting the both of them, namely Punk. "Your comeback means nothing", etc.

-Glass shatters. Enter Stone Cold.

-Crowd goes ape shit part 2

-Stone Cold gives HHH a stunner, HHH then gets hit with a GTS. Bryan applies the Yes lock for the victory.

They could slow-build a Punk/Austin feud that night by having one blindside the other during the celebration, the next night on Raw, or on the following PPV.

Save the payoff Punk/Austin match for next year's WM. They could also pull the pin early and have it by Summerslam, Survivor Series or Royal Rumble.

I think Austin would be behind giving the rub to Bryan + Austin in the way you wrote it Venkman, but I agree with the others in that he doesn't have anymore matches in him. He's done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does this make any sense for Bryan Vs. HHH?

-Bryan has HHH down and out (or so it would seem)

-Authority run-in.

-HHH grabs sledge

-All hope is lost (or so it would seem)

-Punk's music hits, out comes Punk

-Crowd goes ape shit

-During Punk/Bryan's Rally, one or both get hit with sledgehammer.

-All hope is lost part 2 (or so it would seem)

-HHH grabs mic and starts taunting the both of them, namely Punk. "Your comeback means nothing", etc.

-Glass shatters. Enter Stone Cold.

-Crowd goes ape shit part 2

-Stone Cold gives HHH a stunner, HHH then gets hit with a GTS. Bryan applies the Yes lock for the victory.

They could slow-build a Punk/Austin feud that night by having one blindside the other during the celebration, the next night on Raw, or on the following PPV.

Save the payoff Punk/Austin match for next year's WM. They could also pull the pin early and have it by Summerslam, Survivor Series or Royal Rumble.
See, that whole scenario might be fine, but I'm not a fan at all of music hitting for supposed "surprise run-ins".

I can't endorse that kind of outline for a match when so many of us bemoan TNA and WWE overbooking the shit out of everything.
Oh, I'm not saying it's good booking; just something that came up during a "how could WWE make WM not totally suck this year?" brainstorming session.

I know it stinks of Russo a tad, ha ha.

As it stands right now, the card for Mania is a shit card for a regular PPV. Being that it is WRESTLE FRIGGIN MANIA, this is an EXTREMELY shitty card.

There are two matches announced thus far. It's a bit early to say it's a shit card, even if it turns out to be one.

Batista vs Orton is turning out poor, but that's because WWE missed the mark substantially with guessing how fans would receive Batista's return. On one hand, it's easy to fault them, because Batista is a big muscle man who isn't a great wrestler - but hindsight is 20/20. If you realize how over dude was before, it's easy to see how a fresh Batista vs Orton could be a title match.

CM Punk walking certainly hurt the upper end of the card as well, so it's unfair to fault the company for that.

With four weeks to go, I certainly would like to see the card have more matches, just so the build seems more substantial. Like you say, it's Wrestle Friggin' Mania, so the card should be announced in advance to allow for clearer and more coherent buildup. It's short sighted that it isn't. Adding a third man to the title match should happen, but with an event of this caliber, it should have already happened.

There are a number of probable matches, sure, but booking them shouldn't hinder their development storywise in the next few weeks. 

Shrug. Let's all spend the next four weeks bitching about the card, so when the Network crashes when WM is live, we can all bitch that we can't watch it. :lol:

They should bill it as Drax the Destroyer vs. The Guy From the Other 12 Rounds movie.  That'll put a butt in every 18 inches.

That didn't sound quite right...

Just realized TNA had a PPV tonight and looks like it was utter crap judging from the spoilers.  Looks like they replaced Angle with
Bobby Lashley
to face ECIII.  Although considering how he quit on them the last time to go off to do poorly in MMA, why bring him back?

If Triple H has his way, this
munkposterfw1.jpg
will be added to the main event to WM as a FU to Punk.

I think there are plenty of those - they just happen to be people that you and I don't particularly care for (for the most part).

(side note: holy crap, JTG is still employed.)

Something tells me JTG is like Milton in the movie Office Space. JTG was probably released at least several years back but somehow a glitch in WWE's payroll system has him still working for the company which is causing him to still get paychecks.

In regards to TNA Lockdown it was pretty much what I expected. Some good wrestling here and there. But really bad booking is what killed this show. That includes....

- Sam Shaw threatening suicide by jumping off the cage. Anderson comes out and tells Shaw not to do that let me beat you up in the ring instead. Meanwhile you got the TNA seals chanting "jump" at Shaw. Oh and let's not forget the stupidity of Hemme coming to the ring looking like a slut while being terrified of Shaw who is creppy stalking her storyline wise. Also throw in some CM Punk chants during all of this and you had one hell of a great Wrestlecrap worthy match.

- An "Last Man Standing" match that was emotionless and had no blood. On an TV-14 PPV no less.

- Magnus vs Joe ending with Abyss's hand popping out of the ring to pull Joe under. Joe comes back out and tries to choke Magnus. Abyss then comes out of the hole with his stupid nail infested bat and hits Joe with it. Magnus then uses Joe's submission while Joe was passed out to win.

- Dixie's insurance policy turns out to be Bully Ray who then turns on Dixie in the end. So obvious.

- Speaking of Dixie her little "Jeff Hardy is banned from the building" stuff through out the entire show... yet she can't tell that Willow is Jeff Hardy with a mask?

- EC3 killing massive time on this show on what should of been on TV. And honestly nobody gives two craps about Bobby Lashley in 2004 let alone 2014.

At least MVP (and Carlito when properly motivated) are people that you might enjoy seeing perform. 

Nobody wants to see the guy who headlined December to Dismember 2006.

I

Andre the Giant 30 Man Over the Top Rope Battle Royal?

Seriously?

Why not call it what it really is:

Inaugural 30 Man Creative Can't Think of Shit to Do Anything With and This Will Chew Up About 30ish Minutes of the Card Battle Royal.

Andre the Giant 30 Man Over the Top Rope Battle Royal?

Seriously?

Why not call it what it really is:

Inaugural 30 Man Creative Can't Think of Shit to Do Anything With and This Will Chew Up About 30ish Minutes of the Card Battle Royal.
It's obvious that the Winner is going to Challenge Hogan to a match for the Statue and Hogan will win quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back