The Spirit Squad Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='JaytheGamefan']Well, there's some truth to that (although I think TNA's improved a bit in '08 compared to '07), but GOOD LORD was that spot ever just awful-looking.[/quote]IMO TNA peaked when Angle held all of the titles. Those tanning booth skits were hilarious.

I think TNA Wrestling peaked after they shifted focus from the X-Division and good pro-wrestling to Sports Entertainment wrestling and non-X-Division talent. So, 2004 for me.

lmz, that was one of my least-favorite time periods for TNA, as they killed all the belts, then killed Angle's badass character by making him a comedy act. The summer/fall of '05 remains my favorite period of TNA, as they had a ton of great wrestling, did a good job of making all the belts mean something, and just focused on having amazing wrestling PPVs because they weren't sure of their TV-related future.

Mykevermin, Traci threw herself over the ropes by leaping onto the bottom rope and then hurling herself over to complete the spot - it looked completely phony.

It was what it was (thanks for the link, as well).

I couldn't identify half the guys in the match, I thought the finish was inane, and I can't figure out why anyone would climb a pole to get a singapore cane when a garbage can with no fewer than 2 dozen of them was by the announcers tables.

EDIT: Jay, I saw the spot. I don't see what's "industry-breaking" (or however you phrased it). It's not exposing anything that people don't know already, and it doesn't stand out to me as much as some of the things we've seen in the botchamania videos. The .gif of Christian hurling his head at the ring apron while Steiner's hands barely touched it does more to harm wrestling - and it really hasn't.

Traci has nothing on Monty Brown/ Cor Von

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXZOgzE5KMI[/MEDIA]

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZInbDzjOdjU[/MEDIA]

Lame finish to that JBL/Cena match. What was the point of bringing back JBL if he's going to lose every match? I miss him doing commentary.

The match had some moments of good intensity, but a knee to the dick b/w a STFU/blood capsule finish is fucking pitiful.

Obviously, Pat Patterson ain't bookin' finishes anymore.

EDIT: Chase, this and last year's ONS weren't in Hammerstein.

I can't watch wrestling anymore after the whole La Familia/Undertaker bit. I seem to follow the Watch wrestling every week for a year and then lose interest for three or four years trend. After a year, the story lines start to repeat and the general douchebaggery of the "executives" gets too grating. I did enjoy seeing Batista mature though. He'd be a guy that I'd pay to watch. Cena and the Divas too. I'd fly to watch Batista and John Cena go at it with Michelle McCool on the sidelines.

EDIT -- It's funny that I did a 13 week assignment in Dayton this winter and saw Coach doing commentary for A-10 basketball. It made UD basketball even more enjoyable during a miserable winter.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Wow.... New Evolution hints there?[/QUOTE]

Been waiting for it since Orton first won the World Title in 04. To this day, I still think Orton should've kicked out HHH the night after he won, not the other way around.

It'd be pretty cool if they made a new Evolution; Orton as leader, with Shelton Benjamin, Ken Dykstra & DH Smith. They could feud with Batista (when he comes back), the Tag division and the IC division

[quote name='mykevermin']The match had some moments of good intensity, but a knee to the dick b/w a STFU/blood capsule finish is fucking pitiful.

Obviously, Pat Patterson ain't bookin' finishes anymore.

EDIT: Chase, this and last year's ONS weren't in Hammerstein.[/quote]

Ah, thanks. I only watched the first two One Night Stand PPVs. Wee!

[quote name='depascal22']I'd fly to watch Batista and John Cena go at it with Michelle McCool on the sidelines.[/quote]

:shock:

[quote name='GuilewasNK']:shock:[/quote]

Turn off the dirty thoughts, Guile. I'm not talking about those two going at it in the chicka chicka bow wow way...........If that was the case, Michelle McCool would get top billing. Oh yeah, with a Cherry on top:cool:

[quote name='Demolition Man']:applause:

That women's match was really really good.[/QUOTE]

Damn, I missed it. I did listen enough to know that Beth picked up the W

[quote name='Demolition Man']:applause:

That women's match was really really good.[/QUOTE]

The finish was good. Melina doesn't do much for me.

They should be pushing Phoenix the same way they did the British Bulldog when he got his first major singles push in the early 1990s. The crowd was in awe of her two-woman back stretcher at the last PPV - but they seem to go along with "strong" and "woman" as "heel."

[quote name='depascal22']Turn off the dirty thoughts, Guile. I'm not talking about those two going at it in the chicka chicka bow wow way...........If that was the case, Michelle McCool would get top billing. Oh yeah, with a Cherry on top:cool:[/quote]

Heh! :lol:

[quote name='-Never4ever-']Been waiting for it since Orton first won the World Title in 04. To this day, I still think Orton should've kicked out HHH the night after he won, not the other way around.

It'd be pretty cool if they made a new Evolution; Orton as leader, with Shelton Benjamin, Ken Dykstra & DH Smith. They could feud with Batista (when he comes back), the Tag division and the IC division[/quote]

I cannot say I like that idea. I'd much rather see them put together a group with Randy Orton, Ted DiBiase, Jr., Harry Smith, Nattie Neidhart, and Afa, Jr. Ted and Harry, accompanied by Nattie, would capture the Tag titles. Afa a mid-card title, and Randy would lead with the World title. Considering their lineages, it would be a proper Evolution team.

I kind of like that Harcore Holly and the young Rhodes have the tag team belts. I like seeing the Alabama Slammer as it seems to be one of the moves that truly delivers punishment.

The stretcher match summed up with one picture:

butternut-squash.jpg

So who won that ECW battle royal?

[quote name='chasemurata']I cannot say I like that idea. I'd much rather see them put together a group with Randy Orton, Ted DiBiase, Jr., Harry Smith, Nattie Neidhart, and Afa, Jr. Ted and Harry, accompanied by Nattie, would capture the Tag titles. Afa a mid-card title, and Randy would lead with the World title. Considering their lineages, it would be a proper Evolution team.[/QUOTE]

Actually, that does sound like a better lineup, only throw in Cody Rhodes.

fuck, Orton seems to be legitimately hurt.

- edit And the match ends early. fucking hell, Orton is one of the only reasons I watch Raw.

Yeah Orton fucked something up with his shoulder/arm. He was saying it was his collarbone.

For those who didn't see, Orton went for the RKO and Triple H pushed him over the top rope while he was still in the air. Orton then landed straight on his upper left arm/shoulder. JR also thinks its a broken collarbone.

This BLOWS! :(

I wish HHH would get drafted to ECW.

I wonder if Randy would've won, had that incident not taken place.

Well.... Orton was wanting time off to spend with his wife and his soon to be born child. Looks like he's got that time off now. Not the way anyone would want time off. I can speak from experience taking an fall very simular to that. I bruised my left shoulder badly enough to where I was wearing an sling for close to an month. Its no fun at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back