The Spirit Squad Wrestling Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So wait. All those weeks worth of vignettes of Eric Young looking for Elvis all served the sole purpose of the Elvis impersonator getting a throwaway squash from Kong????

Sometimes I wonder why I even bother :bomb:

I was hoping they'd at least bring in Honky Tonk Man for the Elvis gag.

Petey's also getting married during the summer, and a bunch of TNA guys will be attending, including Roode and Joe, whose wife introduced Petey to his fiance.

Are they trying to make every single entrance theme sound extremely bizarre and awkward? It's like some drunk guy decided to remix every theme from A-Z.

[quote name='Mr_hockey66']The music is terrible. WTF TNA. They must be piping in stolen music on a boom box! DAMN![/quote]

Every theme I've heard tonight sounds like a slowed/chopper version of the previous TNA themes... and they all sound terrible. I don't get it, why couldn't they just stick with the old ones? I liked almost every single old theme.. I can't remember one that I didn't like. Now, they all sound like shit.

Someone here said.. I think it might have been Jay... that "at least Christian's new theme sounds less like that Evanescence song". That's true, but who cares if it's a rip? It sounded great and matched his persona well. They're all terrible now.

This AJ/Angle match has been good so far.. I just put 14 buffalo wings down my throat so now I can enjoy TNA AND feeling fat at the same time. What a great night. :D

[quote name='PhrostByte']No, it was stupid.[/QUOTE]

I was watching the end of the USA vs Argentina soccer game on ESPN Classic. Which explains how I missed the entire thing. I'm assuming Sonjay turned on Jay right?

[quote name='Demolition Man']I was watching the end of the USA vs Argentina soccer game on ESPN Classic. Which explains how I missed the entire thing. I'm assuming Sonjay turned on Jay right?[/quote]

Yep. Ukraine is out of the cup right? Too bad. Anyway Sonjay interrupted. Got beat down by Machismo and his WWE-reject cronies. Everyone walks away.

[quote name='PhrostByte']Yep. Ukraine is out of the cup right? Too bad. Anyway Sonjay interrupted. Got beat down by Machismo and his WWE-reject cronies. Everyone walks away.[/QUOTE]

USA vs Argentina ended 0-0.

I predict that Joe is going to win.....
.... and for the swerve Nash tries to stop Joe from winning. However Jeff Jarrett makes his return to help Joe retain.

[quote name='Demolition Man']I predict that Joe is going to win.....
.... and for the swerve Nash tries to stop Joe from winning. However Jeff Jarrett makes his return to help Joe retain.
[/quote]

I, too, think Joe will win.

I guess Nick has all kind of fans in jail..

Cops say 29-year-old former teacher Stephanie Ragusa tried to pass a note to Nick Hogan in jail, but was intercepted before it reached him (a copy was eventually delivered). The letter was "not sexual in nature" but essentially encouraged him to keep his chin up. Ragusa has pleaded not guilty to having sex with several teenagers while she was a teacher at a local Florida middle school.

031308StephanieRagusa.jpg

I wish we had teachers who looked like her who did that in my middle school, lol.

The banner ad for the wrestling thread reads "No girlfriend? Read this!". It's for pheromones. Who would think that wrestling fans don't have girlfriends?:lol:

[quote name='Bezerker']

031308StephanieRagusa.jpg

I wish we had teachers who looked like her who did that in my middle school, lol.[/quote]

Geez, hot and into the jailbait, perfect teacher combo.

TNA's holding Bound For Glory 2008 at the Sears Centre in suburban Chicago. At capacity, the venue holds roughly 11,000 people. After drawing roughly 4,000 to Slammiversary (in a 9,000 seat venue in fucking NASHVILLE, their former hometown), they're going to an even bigger venue in a city they've never been to before.

This should be interesting.

SearsCentre_low.jpg

[quote name='JJSP'] After drawing roughly 4,000 to Slammiversary (in a 9,000 seat venue in fucking NASHVILLE, their former hometown), they're going to an even bigger venue in a city they've never been to before.

This should be interesting.[/quote]

They weren't in nashville last night, they were in Mississippi. But it is kinda sad that they didn't even get half the seats sold for the event.

STAMFORD, Conn., June 9, 2008 – In accordance with its Talent Wellness Program, WWE® has suspended James Yun (Jimmy Wang Yang) for 30 days for his first violation of the company’s policy.

Did anybody have him in the "Who's next?" pool? Didn't think so.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Did anybody have him in the "Who's next?" pool? Didn't think so.[/QUOTE]

What the hell did he get busted for? Smoking crack?

[quote name='JJSP']TNA's holding Bound For Glory 2008 at the Sears Centre in suburban Chicago. At capacity, the venue holds roughly 11,000 people. After drawing roughly 4,000 to Slammiversary (in a 9,000 seat venue in fucking NASHVILLE, their former hometown), they're going to an even bigger venue in a city they've never been to before.[/QUOTE]

More than likely TNA will have the upper deck along with the side where the TV camera's (minus some floor seats) tarped off. Then just run the lights enough to make the venue look fuller than it actually is.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Did anybody have him in the "Who's next?" pool? Didn't think so.[/quote]

It's that Orange Chicken he loves. The sauce isn't orange due to food dyes. It's orange because of the Mylan crushed and mixed with in the sauce.

Poor Yang, but at least now he has time to practice his gong. ;)

Slammiversary was fine-ish, but didn't feel very special. Petey-Kaz was far better than I expected, but having Kaz lose this, and then no doubt lose to Joe on Impact, could really make him look weak. 3D-LAX was a match - nothing memorable at all. The women's six man was fine, but felt like a filler match for the program. The Kong women squashes were fun, but the Elvis stuff dragged it down. They really need to go somewhere with this Kong program, as it's getting stagnant.

The wedding was amusing for all the wrong reasons - the wedding part itself was boring, the legends came out to basically no reaction, Kamala appeared to be a completely different person playing the role, the post-wedding assault by Sonjay was fine, but then he got beaten down by a bunch of old timers, so he ended up looking weak, as did Lethal. Hell of a feud here. At least Lethal's wedding attire was awesome.

Styles-Angle was technically good but felt flat for what was built up as the most personal grudge match in TNA history. Given that, there were far too many hold exchanges and too few strikes. Angle appeared to be in pain most of the match, and the spot with him taking the dive from AJ right onto his neck was needlessly dangerous. Kurt losing a tug of war to his wife was amusing but made Kurt look weak (although I suppose it could be argued that he was simply too winded from the 20+ minute match to win it).

The finish was nice in the sense that AJ scored the pin with his finisher, but it would've worked better without Karen, whose involvement in the match wasn't needed, and the post-match stuff was the only thing that really advanced the story. Angle spitting on her then rearing back to punch her in the face was uncomfortable to watch, and not in an "I want to see him get his ass kicked" kind of way. It was more disgusting that anything else, although it should provide enough reason for AJ to demand a rematch at the next PPV.

The main event was okay, but nothing great - it was just a basic KOTM match with the obligatory spot off the penalty box. It didn't really help anyone, but at least gave Joe the distinction of being the only champion to walk into KOTM with the belt and win the match - whatever that's worth.

Screens

[quote name='chasemurata']It's that Orange Chicken he loves. The sauce isn't orange due to food dyes. It's orange because of the Mylan crushed and mixed with in the sauce.

Poor Yang, but at least now he has time to practice his gong. ;)[/quote]

I know that wasn't to be taken seriously, but that ain't right man.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I know that wasn't to be taken seriously, but that ain't right man.[/quote]

Me so solly. :cry: I make up to you. Love you long time? :joystick:

( ;) )

Any TINg he wants??? ANY TING?

Makes me want to sing

Shingle Bells Shingles Bells, Shingle Alda WAy. O muchted fhun. It ised to ride a wun horsed open SAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!

Deck the wolls withf barllz of Ha Re. Fa La la laLa La!

Man WWe superstars need to brighten up. I mean come on! If HHH can pass a pee test why can't these numbskulls? Have your little bro piss in a cup for you and put it under your arm.

I think wwe makes them get naked in front of a bystander and makes them pee so the person can see them. Thats why so many are failing now. I heard that somewhere.

back from louisville and my wrestling free weekend hanging with my cousin (you'll know him as 'shmitty'). went to see the kottonmouth kings in concert for the 4th time. read the review of slammiversary, sounds about as bland as youd expect. i wanna see what abyss looks like now, jimmy wang yang suspended.... um... wow. truly didnt see it coming, i'd be rather surprised if it was steroids, i'd assume that it was prolly whatever hardy was using. thats just an assumption and rather a wild one. just saying that when salinas had her myspace up it had ALOT of pics of hardy/wang together. so again, let my accusations run wild. see you'll after raw, when i will be 250k richer. ;)

If I win some of the big money, I'm going to tattoo Kevin Nash saying "I'm the shit!" while in his gray and black Diesel attire. ;)

[quote name='chasemurata']If I win some of the big money, I'm going to tattoo Kevin Nash saying "I'm the shit!" while in his gray and black Diesel attire. ;)[/quote]

i'm gonna get a tattoo on my stomach saying chain-gang hottie ....

it'll match my spirit squad thread fairly well i think

Speaking of this thread... I'd like to call dibs on the next wrestling topic if nobody minds. I'll guarantee you that my pick is already better than the Spirit Jobbers. ;)

[quote name='cdubb1605']i'm gonna get a tattoo on my stomach saying chain-gang hottie ....

it'll match my spirit squad thread fairly well i think[/quote]

Ha! Due to my lack of sleep, I read that as "I'm gonna get a tattoo on my stomach saying chain-bang hottie."

I was going to say, "Oh, that's awesome. How far down the chain am I? I'm probably a latter link, which, while not too desirable, is still better than being the young Hylian boy. 'Cause, ya know, that would be illegal, and I'd hate to see you go to jail, you perv."

:oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back