The "Stanley Kubrick's Boxes" OTT

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='corrosivefrost']See the above post, I edited it.
[/quote]

Alright, I'll see once I have the money what kind of deals are floating around.

Budge, as far as printers go, I was at Staples today and they had some Brother laser printer for $60 down from like $110. I think it was a sale, so it should be a national sale. Just FYI since I know you were looking.

Finally got around to watching the documentary, and fascinating is definitely the right word for it. His attention to detail was stunning.

[quote name='zewone']Rock, why are you buying SFIV on PS3 if you have a TE?[/QUOTE]

Some of my friends have it on the PS3 version so I guess I'll double triple dip (also have it for pc). I also have a Tekken 5 stick that I bought when the LE was out that I never used, so it could come in handy.

[quote name='seanr1221']With my brother in Jamaica, it's really weird being by myself.[/QUOTE]

How 'bout you hook me up with some of that sweet, sweet feedback.

I'm legit blown away at how terrible today has been. 2 hours on the road (with another 30 minutes in store!), 3.5 hours taking a stupid test, and now a lab to do before midnight.
Not to mention the perpetual headache I've been rocking for the past two days.

Hey Chika, where do you go for recipes? I'm moving out in less than 3 weeks, and I'd like to have a little booklet of quick, easy, and (ideally) healthy recipes so that I won't starve/eat out all the time (which I can't afford).

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']How do you shoot a
giant squid
?[/QUOTE]
Lure it near a sushi restaurant and then BANG!

[quote name='Chika']http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9E47DUfmqEk[/QUOTE]

th_star-fox-barrel-roll.jpg

[quote name='Liquid 2']Hey Chika, where do you go for recipes? I'm moving out in less than 3 weeks, and I'd like to have a little booklet of quick, easy, and (ideally) healthy recipes so that I won't starve/eat out all the time (which I can't afford).[/QUOTE]

smittenkitchen.com
thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/

and StumbleUpon.

The Pioneer Woman tends to make things that have fairly simple ingredients that most people would have on hand or can easily obtain. SmittenKitchen tends to have slightly fancier things but usually says you can omit the crazy ingredients without compromising the result too much.

[quote name='Chika']smittenkitchen.com
thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/

and StumbleUpon.

The Pioneer Woman tends to make things that have fairly simple ingredients that most people would have on hand or can easily obtain. SmittenKitchen tends to have slightly fancier things but usually says you can omit the crazy ingredients without compromising the result too much.[/QUOTE]Thanks. If you don't mind, can I hassle you with questions every so often?

[quote name='Rocko']Budge, as far as printers go, I was at Staples today and they had some Brother laser printer for $60 down from like $110. I think it was a sale, so it should be a national sale. Just FYI since I know you were looking.[/QUOTE]

Hm... I don't really have one near me. But I might pass one on my way to TSTC tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='SneakyPenguin']fuck Washington for not believing in air conditioning.[/QUOTE]

I swear to God, Washington never used to get this hot. Getting into the 90s for consecutive days is outrageous.

[quote name='JolietJake']Does it really rain constantly in Seattle? I'd heard that wasn't true, but most people seem to believe it.[/QUOTE]

It rains often but not a lot.

[quote name='Liquid 2']I love how you've been reacting to the weather these past few days. :cool:
http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KATT/2009/7/27/MonthlyHistory.html#calendar

Do homes/apartments in Seattle really not have AC though? That's kind of ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

Hey, just cause you live in hell, don't get all snarky with me. :cool:

I'd assume newer homes and apartments have AC nowadays, but it's never really been necessary before.

[quote name='darthbudge']Austin > Seattle.[/QUOTE]

Oh please, your mom wouldn't let you out of the state.

--

Did you see that deal on the ModXStream 700W for ~$46?

[quote name='JolietJake']It would be nice to not need central air. As humid as it gets here though, it would be miserable without it.[/QUOTE]

living without it around here fucking sucks, too. the humidity in the summer tends to hover around 85%

I wish I hadn't already watched Benjamin Button twice since it came out. Can't really justify buying it when it'll be months before I'd want to watch it again.[quote name='Rocko']Mojimbo, do you constantly recommend the EEE PC because you like the product or the name? :lol:[/QUOTE]It's a solid computer, but it's a little expensive. I'm cheap so I think I'll upgrade to a Dell Mini 10v when I can get one closer to $200, for the better keyboard and the 160GB hard drive.

[quote name='st0neface']Finally got around to watching the documentary, and fascinating is definitely the right word for it. His attention to detail was stunning.[/QUOTE]They should digitize the archive and put it online. I would watch all 18 hours of the Full Metal Jacket footage if it's anywhere near as interesting as the clips they included in the program.

[quote name='Moxio']Oh please, your mom wouldn't let you out of the state.

--

Did you see that deal on the ModXStream 700W for ~$46?[/QUOTE]

Please. I have been out of the state plenty of times, and once I have moved out I will do whatever the hell I damn well please.

But yeah, I did see that deal. I purchased it from Newegg Sunday night though. :cry:

I could return it, but I don't think it is worth $10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back