The Steam Deal thread V5. The big sale is over. New thread coming soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V5! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

This is a Wiki post. Please read this
We appreciate you helping keep this thread up to date. The sales change virtually every day so no one person has the time to update them all. If you notice a game is no longer on sale, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see a game is on sale, add it to the list. Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.
for instructions on updating the thread.

Steam Games and DLC on Sale - Updated 12/16

Daily Deal(s)

Midweek Madness Deal(s) Weekend Deal(s)

Other Deals

Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 9/23

Amazon
  • Amazon - Preorders

• Amazon - Current Deals

GamersGate

Greenman Gaming

Preorder Deals - Updated 10/28
Group Buys - Updated 8/14

Several multiplayer Steam games are available in 2-packs or 4-packs. These packs offer a discount over buying multiple copies of a game separately. We also maintain group buy trade threads for several games, so please use those threads if you're interested in setting up a group buy.

Free Stuff - Updated 4/3

There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7480-WUSF-3601

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card.
The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Which retail CD Keys are accepted on Steam?

All retail Valve games and a number of third-party games can be registered to your Steam account. All of the following games can be registered through Steam:
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: ####-#####-####
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Valve CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • AI War CD Keys in various formats
  • Aliens vs. Predator (2010 Release) CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Alpha Prime CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Audiosurf CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • BRINK CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare is not accepted on Steam
  • Cities in Motion CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Civilization V CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Commander: Conquest of the Americas CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Cricket Revolution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dark Messiah CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dark Messiah CD Keys may also have been printed incorrectly, please see the Dark Messiah article
  • Darksiders CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: The number 2 and letter Z may look very similar.
  • Dawn of War II CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dawn of War II - Retribution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Defense Grid CD Keys in this format (Direct2Drive only): 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Duke Nukem Forever CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Dungeons and Dragons: Daggerdale in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Empire: Total War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-DDEFGH3-IJK4L-MNOPQ-RST56
  • F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • F.E.A.R. 3 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Fallout: New Vegas CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2009 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2CD3FGH456I7JK8LMNOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2010 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2CD3FGH456I7JK8LMNOP9Q
  • Football Manager 2011 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Front Mission Evolved CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Global Agenda CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: Keys purchased directly from the Global Agenda website cannot be registered on Steam.
  • GTI Racing CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • GTR Evolution CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Homefront CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • Humble Indie Bundle in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Humble Indie Bundle 2 in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Humble Indie Bundle 3 in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Just Cause 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: Please input all O's and 0's as Q's for Just Cause 2
  • Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Killing Floor CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • King Arthur - The Role-playing Wargame CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lara Croft Guardian of Light CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • The Last Remnant CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lionheart: Kings' Crusade CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lost Planet: Extreme Condition CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Lost Planet: Colonies Edition CD Keys are not accepted on Steam
  • Mafia 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Magicka CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Metro 2033 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • MLB Front Office Manager CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade: Warband CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7
  • NBA 2K9 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Napoleon: Total War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Order of War CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Prey CD Keys in this format: AAB1BB2C345CDD6E E7
  • R.U.S.E. CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Note: R.U.S.E. keys from Ubisoft's Digital River service are not accepted on Steam
  • RACE - the WTCC Game CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • RACE 07 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Ragdoll Kung Fu CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Railworks CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Red Orchestra CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Rogue Warrior CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • SiN Episodes: Emergence CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Saint's Row 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Serious Sam HD CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Shattered Horizon CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • The Ship CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Ship Simulator Extremes CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Silent Hill Homecoming CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Sniper: Ghost Warrior CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Space Trader CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Speedball 2 - Tournament in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Star Trek: D-A-C CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • STCC - The Game CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Super Meat Boy CD keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Supreme Commander 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Torchlight CD Keys in this format: 1ABC-D3FG-4567-JK8L
  • Note: Only keys purchased directly from Runic Games or Perfect World prior to May 19th, 2010 can be registered on Steam.
  • Total War: SHOGUN 2 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Unreal Tournament 3 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2-3FGH-456I-K8LM
  • Velvet Assassin CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings in this format: AB-1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM
  • Worldwide Soccer Manager 2009 CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
  • X3: Terran Conflict CD Keys in this format: 1ABC-D3FG-4567-JK8L
  • Zeno Clash CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9Q
Opposing Force CD-keys cannot be registered through Steam. Opposing Force was included in a retail Half-Life package. The Half-Life CD-key included in the package will unlock all of the games in that package, including Opposing Force.
Note: Only the retail games listed above can be registered through Steam. No other retail games can be registered and downloaded using Steam.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

The Ball (bought @D2D and tested by voken)
Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon and tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
Kill Hitler feels like just one short level from the main game cut out and with the target reskinned to be Hitler. It's short and the extra rifles aren't anything to write home about. Still, I loved SEv2 for all its flaws and enjoyed the level. The actual assassination was one of the more intense gun battles of the game. (Think the end of the demo with the target escaping through the tank rubble while you snipe his guards and try to get a shot at him. That only much more intense.)

[quote name='mewantgames']Looks like I'll be killing Hitler this weekend[/QUOTE]

Okay is that a game or are they rerunning that Doctor Who episode?

[quote name='atreyuevr']You didn't miss anything, the thread temporarily became 4chan and was bombarded with vids/pics. The only memorable thing that was posted was a link to this video:

(annoying Korean video by William Hung wannabe that everyone on the planet except me seems to love snipped)[/QUOTE]

4chan? Really? That's a bit harsh.

I suppose we'll have to try to keep things more on topic about deals for the net nannies and so Rolling Skull can go back to bitching about indie games instead of the posts.

On second though, fuck that.

[quote name='Motoki']Okay is that a game or are they rerunning that Doctor Who episode?[/QUOTE]

*cough*

[quote name='KaOTiK']
Weekend Deal

Sniper Elite Franchise Pack $18.69 66% off includes below
Sniper Elite $3.39 66% off
Sniper Elite V2 $16.99 66% off
Sniper Elite V2 Kill Hitler DLC $2.71 66% off
[/QUOTE]

[quote name='akmgmer']Am I the only one that has to watch that video start to finish every time its posted or I stumble across it? It is absurd but entertaining and catchy at the same time. Glad you posted it just now.[/QUOTE]

I don't really find that video entertaining at all. Even on a stupid ha ha level, it's just cheesy generic pop and an equally cheesy video. There's no cleverness in any of it. It's purposely done to be stupid and cheesy and that just by itself is not enough to entertain me.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Kill Hitler feels like just one short level from the main game cut out and with the target reskinned to be Hitler. It's short and the extra rifles aren't anything to write home about. Still, I loved SEv2 for all its flaws and enjoyed the level. The actual assassination was one of the more intense gun battles of the game. (Think the end of the demo with the target escaping through the tank rubble while you snipe his guards and try to get a shot at him. That only much more intense.)[/QUOTE]

Sounds worth it to me! Thanks for the mini review. I hope the next Sniper Elite is an indie game just so you can love to hate it!

[quote name='Motoki']4chan? Really? That's a bit harsh.[/QUOTE]

Eh, maybe a little. Personally it was pretty annoying seeing all of those pics/vids being posted page after page; almost as annoying as the wave of newcomers asking about Day-Z and what's gonna be on sale every day during the summer sale or when the sale will start. Someone mentioned 4chan, which made a lot of sense.

I don't mean it personally by any means, it just felt like a flood of nonsense that didn't belong. I'm sure there are a few who agree. ;)

[quote name='BrolyB593']I may need one myself but I am testing it out first to see how well it can even run on the girlfriend's laptop.[/QUOTE]
It'll probably run fine. It's pretty optimized. 28 FPS on a 2011 (HD 3000, Intel) Macbook Air.

[quote name='akmgmer']Am I the only one that has to watch that video start to finish every time its posted or I stumble across it? It is absurd but entertaining and catchy at the same time. Glad you posted it just now.[/QUOTE]
And yet the elevator scene never gets less disturbing. He needs to learn to accept his manboobs. (Why else is he wearing his towel like that in the sauna scene?)

I do it, too. I also try to get my friends to watch it, and I use it as the new rickroll. Like: Hey ____ (friend), check out this video by _____ (interesting person). It rules: _____ (link to Gangnam Style).

I love that people get pissed when the thread gets off topic, like we need to post about the daily deal for 24 hours. Anyone who wants to see discussion of the deals: look at posts from around 10 am PST (Valve time).

I don't mind it getting off-topic (not sure if that was directed at me or not, I don't take it personally either way though =P), I was just annoyed with the flood of pics/vids. ;)

[quote name='atreyuevr']I don't mind it getting off-topic (not sure if that was directed at me or not, I don't take it personally either way though =P), I was just annoyed with the flood of pics/vids. ;)[/QUOTE]

Not personal, people mention it every day.

Also, how could you not love the dance battle with the Korean Michael Cera?

[quote name='Dr Sasquatch']Not personal, people mention it every day.

Also, how could you not love the dance battle with the Korean Michael Cera?[/QUOTE]

I don't always look at pictures and watch videos, but when I do, I prefer gems like the one you mentioned. ;)

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']I don't really find that video entertaining at all. Even on a stupid ha ha level, it's just cheesy generic pop and an equally cheesy video. There's no cleverness in any of it. It's purposely done to be stupid and cheesy and that just by itself is not enough to entertain me.
[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry to hear that fox. You'll be receiving your Cranky Old Man membership materials in the mail shortly :booty:

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']I'm sorry to hear that fox. You'll be receiving your Cranky Old Man membership materials in the mail shortly :booty:[/QUOTE]

I request to join him.

With that comment I was going to post a picture of Statler and Waldorf from the Muppets up in their box, but then I remembered that we are posting too many pictures. :roll: :oldman:

I'm glad to see that you guys enjoyed that video I posted haha. Like I said in the original post when I linked it, I've watched it everyday since it came out, and yes each time I see it linked here I end up watching it again too lol.

Back on topic. Man, been playing Darksiders 2 and it is freaking awesome. If you liked the first one, it is everything that game is and like 50x more. I'm 20 hours into it and I'm not close to being done and loving every moment (the first one took me 20 hours total to beat and I got everything but 4 of those artifacts). Well worth the cash on this one, just did a 6.5 hour session, kept telling myself one more dungeon lol.

[quote name='KaOTiK']Back on topic. Man, been playing Darksiders 2 and it is freaking awesome. If you liked the first one, it is everything that game is and like 50x more.[/QUOTE]

Good to hear. Fortunately my inner CAG says I'm only halfway though the first one and to, "finish it noob."

[quote name='Motoki']I screwed myself over the first go round because
I panicked when I was talking to Mute and the whole static reactor thing hit and fixed it all ASAP thereby apparently nuking Hyuan-ae for good in the process.

Whoops.

I'll have to play it again and be more careful this time. I like that there are multiple endings though, it adds replayability.

I've never really played a visual novel before and I'm surprised how much I like it.[/QUOTE]

Oh wow, I didn't know that was possible to do. Of course, I know in Anogue when the
reactor starts to go, you either disable one or the other A.I., but you make it sound like you disabled both?

[quote name='Larce80']is this played online only...[/QUOTE]

Yes, if you're not familiar with OnLive, it's a game-streaming service, so none of the files reside locally on your system; the game runs within the OnLive app on your machine. If you have slow internet it won't work.

Here are my Iron Brigade Steam impressions. In short, it's as great as ever.

Here's my Sniper Elite V2 review as well.

[quote name='pROvIs']Great deal on Sniper Elite V2. I am debating picking up the DLC and Sniper Elite 1.

Does anyone know how Sniper Elite v1 holds up today?

I am really interested in Valley without Wind but the Cag in me is telling me $7.50 is way too much for an indie game. Is it more a metroidvania or is it closer to contra?[/QUOTE]

Sniper Elite V1 is looking a bit long in the tooth and has some unintuitive design decisions like many older games. But it does have a better story than part 2, so there's that. Personally, I can get all of my Nazi-sniping pleasure from V2. But if you actually have the time for older games, it's not a bad buy.

[quote name='pROvIs']I read somewhere that the Hitler DLC is about 2-3 minutes and was a preorder bonus. Just keep that in mind. you would probably be better off skipping it and using it toward Alan Wake. That being said, I still want the satisfaction of shooting Hitler but would be able to swallow it much easier at $1[/QUOTE]

It's more like 10-15 minutes long.

[quote name='IkedaTeramusa']Honestly, do we have some of you CAG'rs opinions on VwoW? Because the metacritic reviews ripped it pretty well.[/QUOTE]

A Valley Without Wind is fun to mess around with and genuinely feels vast. But the visuals and UI are so rough, I doubt that many people get into the game enough to see it through tot he end.

Co-Optimus A Valley Without Wind review

[quote name='BigSpoonyBard']I'm sorry to hear that fox. You'll be receiving your Cranky Old Man membership materials in the mail shortly :booty:[/QUOTE]

Seriously. That Gangnam Style video is everything CheapFox said it isn't. My daughter loves it too.

[quote name='iSerra']http://blog.onlive.com/2012/08/17/indie-weekend-2-twice-as-nice/

Free indie games - SpaceChem and Space Pirates and Zombies (S.P.A.Z.) this weekend but they cannot be activated in Steam. Follow the links based on your region.

United States: www.onlive.com/indieredeem/US2FORND
United Kingdom: www.onlive.co.uk/indieredeem/UK2FORND
Belgium: www.onlive.be/indieredeem/BE2FORND[/QUOTE]
Issue with using Onlive to try out games is there's most likely no way to grab your save file. Obviously they want you to buy them on their service to play more, but I guess this would be nice for an extended demo if anyone was considering either of these.

Thanks to Walk on Shadows, I also get to see the new beta. So far I actually like it really nice what they did with the group pages. Plus now there is like a mini forum for the groups and easier to find where to find information.

Overall I like the change reminds me of Facebook. In a good kind of way.

P.S We need more videos like Gangam Style it reminds of the cheesiness of:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HR4hp_-kSI

That's right we just time traveled...

[quote name='Motoki']I screwed myself over the first go round because
I panicked when I was talking to Mute and the whole static reactor thing hit and fixed it all ASAP thereby apparently nuking Hyuan-ae for good in the process.

Whoops.

I'll have to play it again and be more careful this time. I like that there are multiple endings though, it adds replayability.

I've never really played a visual novel before and I'm surprised how much I like it.[/QUOTE]

For what it's worth, the reactor puzzle is started by READING, not receiving, Mute's questions for Hyun-ae. This locks you to one AI for the rest of the game. You cannot avoid this.

GMG's deal today is LoTR: War in the North for $5. Steamworks. Are there any active vouchers still?

Edit: We have a 20% code available from now til the end of the month, to make the end of the Summer that much better, and help you stock up on games for the coming months. Use DERHE-RRDER-RINGE before 2259 UTC August 31st.

For some reason the problems with DirectX 11 that I was having with Saints Row The Third and Red Faction: Armageddon stopped and I have been able to play them. I suppose one of those countless Microsoft Visual thingies installations from Steam games solved the problem, since my video drivers remain the same. Anyway, SRTT is a blast, I have hardly been playing anything else, and RFA is fun, a bit by-the-numbers, but definietly worth the 5 bucks from the sale. And Iron Brigade is also very nice, even though the 30 FPS cap makes the game look a bit sluggish.

[quote name='atreyuevr']
Statlerandwaldorf.JPG

Yay hipocrisy![/QUOTE]

Actually, it's called sarcasm. Try learning it.

sarcasm.jpg

Oh noes pictures! Now we're 4chan!

[quote name='M_F_A_H']Thank you for the info, but it has nothing to do with Steam.[/QUOTE]

It's free. It's a game. Some people here might be interested in it.

WTF is it with people in this thread getting butthurt over not being totally on topic all the sudden like this is a new thing? I guess that stick up their asses is making them butthurt.

So..............................gamersgate has torchlight 2 4 packs for 60....with the ign discount brings it to 51. That's 12.75 a pop. Not bad, I may consider buying it at that price.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']So..............................gamersgate has torchlight 2 4 packs for 60....with the ign discount brings it to 51. That's 12.75 a pop. Not bad, I may consider buying it at that price.[/QUOTE]

From what I've heard (on the Steamgifts forums), the copies of Torchlight I it comes with as a bonus do not redeem on Steam in case anyone cares about that and may want to gift or trade them.

[quote name='Motoki']
Oh noes pictures! Now we're 4chan! [/QUOTE]

e44.gif

WTF is it with people in this thread getting butthurt over not being totally on topic all the sudden like this is a new thing? I guess that stick up their asses is making them butthurt.
:applause: There is really only so much we can talk about that is Steam only. Always figured this thread is really more PC Gaming deals and discussion in my mind. As everyone who uses Steam is usually interested in GmG and other deals going on that relate to PC gaming.

Also
SDSWE.png

[quote name='Drabelincoln']It's worth 5 dollars IMO[/QUOTE]

However buying multiple copies from GMG blows giant donkey nuts. Words cannot express how infuriating it is.

Gametrailers ran a show about Valve last night. Big Picture Mode (AKA Comfy Couch Mode) is supposedly going to beta in September. They had some actual pictures of what it will look like.

Link to complete show: http://www.gametrailers.com/full-episodes/ncis3o/gt-tv-valve

Screenshots, courtesy GAFfer Salsashark: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=41124991&postcount=111

Pretty excited for this. I haven't used my 360 or PS3 for gaming in many months - this looks to drive the coffin nail further, at least for me.

[quote name='Lint21']Gametrailers ran a show about Valve last night. Big Picture Mode (AKA Comfy Couch Mode) is supposedly going to beta in September. They had some actual pictures of what it will look like.

Link to complete show: http://www.gametrailers.com/full-episodes/ncis3o/gt-tv-valve

Screenshots, courtesy GAFfer Salsashark: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=41124991&postcount=111

Pretty excited for this. I haven't used my 360 or PS3 for gaming in many months - this looks to drive the coffin nail further, at least for me.[/QUOTE]

Amazing! I already have my PC hooked up to my TV for games that can be played with a controller, Hopefully this will encourage more games to support controllers.

[quote name='Lint21']Gametrailers ran a show about Valve last night. Big Picture Mode (AKA Comfy Couch Mode) is supposedly going to beta in September. They had some actual pictures of what it will look like.

Pretty excited for this. I haven't used my 360 or PS3 for gaming in many months - this looks to drive the coffin nail further, at least for me.[/QUOTE]

Dragon Age II. Is someone trying to make a point or is that actually coming back? Not that I much care since I own it off of Steam and think it sucks monkey balls but it's just interesting to me that of all games they could have shown that are on Steam they specifically chose that one that isn't.

[quote name='warreni']It's great. Highly recommended.[/QUOTE]

That reminds me, I need to try to multiplayer on War of the North. Seems like it would be a lot of fun.

[quote name='Draekon']However buying multiple copies from GMG blows giant donkey nuts. Words cannot express how infuriating it is.[/QUOTE]

Could you elaborate on that a bit if you don't mind? I am kind of thinking of buying some copies to give away but if it's a royal PITA I probably won't bother.

[quote name='Genocidal']GMG's deal today is LoTR: War in the North for $5. Steamworks. Are there any active vouchers still?

Edit: We have a 20% code available from now til the end of the month, to make the end of the Summer that much better, and help you stock up on games for the coming months. Use DERHE-RRDER-RINGE before 2259 UTC August 31st.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Do you know if that code is single use, or if we can use it on multiple purchases? (GMG didn't email me a code after picking up Greed:BB)

[quote name='warreni']It's great. Highly recommended.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! User reviews on metacritic made it seem like like an easy choice @ $5 for an ARPG fan. I think your review sealed the deal.

WARNING: IF YOU GO INTO THE NEW COMMUNITY MODE ON STEAM VIA THE WEB IT CAN PULL UP SOME VERY NSFW IMAGES

Ugh. Just found that out the hard way. Now I have to clean the browser cache on this PC so no one thinks I am surfing porn at work.

[quote name='Motoki']WARNING: IF YOU GO INTO THE NEW COMMUNITY MODE ON STEAM VIA THE WEB IT CAN PULL UP SOME VERY NSFW IMAGES

Ugh. Just found that out the hard way. Now I have to clean the browser cache on this PC so no one thinks I am surfing porn at work.[/QUOTE]

Like you don't usually ;)

[quote name='Motoki']WARNING: IF YOU GO INTO THE NEW COMMUNITY MODE ON STEAM VIA THE WEB IT CAN PULL UP SOME VERY NSFW IMAGES

Ugh. Just found that out the hard way. Now I have to clean the browser cache on this PC so no one thinks I am surfing porn at work.[/QUOTE]

Not at Work --- Checking ----Yep, its the internet :oops:

[quote name='Motoki']Could you elaborate on that a bit if you don't mind? I am kind of thinking of buying some copies to give away but if it's a royal PITA I probably won't bother.[/QUOTE]

1) You can't multiple copies on a single account.
2) You can't use the same debit/credit card across multiple accounts.
3) If you're using paypal, your account email must be the same as your paypal email.

That's all I remember. I also loathe their site because it terrible due to all their "fancy" shit and it doesn't work well in an RDP session. Though Steam doesn't either, but that's just the main page really.

Holy cow. You're not kidding.

Also, I totally went there when you said there were NSFW pics. Couldn't resist knowing. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back