The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='walkonshadows']I literally just gotit to work, so I sent that code to Eldredpe. :)[/QUOTE]

Ok, that's cool, just tell him to thank me if it works ;)

I forgot to post this earlier, but some people on SPUF have posted that they got duplicate keys.. so even if you do manage to get through.. you might get a duplicate key.

[quote name='kiwimonster']Omg the earth is loading something! it says

Carregando 67%[/QUOTE]

Yeah mine did that too for a bit then went straight to a page that is supposed to have a countdown timer and a number of keys remaining, but no button, man I've been trying for a while now, lol, must keep hope that it will eventually work.

[quote name='monkeyz']Yeah mine did that too for a bit then went straight to a page that is supposed to have a countdown timer and a number of keys remaining, but no button, man I've been trying for a while now, lol, must keep hope that it will eventually work.[/QUOTE]

Yeah mine was stuck on that for awhile then nothing. Refreshed can't get the earth back haha.

Man, I've had this up for an hour and I'm still just at the earth and space. I think me and this deal just weren't meant to be.

[quote name='walkonshadows']I literally just gotit to work, so I sent that code to Eldredpe. :)[/QUOTE]

Got the key. Thank you and thanks Sunghost.

I'll keep refreshing on my end to see if I get lucky, and pass that code along to someone else in the thread if I do.

[quote name='sunghost']Ok, that's cool, just tell him to thank me if it works ;)

I forgot to post this earlier, but some people on SPUF have posted that they got duplicate keys.. so even if you do manage to get through.. you might get a duplicate key.[/QUOTE]

lol That's beautiful.

BTW, why is this thing in Portuguese anyway? Is this supposed to be for Brazil only? Is there any chance that they'll revoke keys given out to other regions?

[quote name='kiwimonster']Omg the earth is loading something! it says

Carregando 67%[/QUOTE]

Hang in there, here's what you should be seeing in sequence, when you get to filling out the fields, the second field only takes numbers (age). Also, mine was in my SPAM folder.

[quote name='The End']lol That's beautiful.

BTW, why is this thing in Portuguese anyway? Is this supposed to be for Brazil only? Is there any chance that they'll revoke keys given out to other regions?[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure, it's probably supposed to be region specific, but I don't think the keys have any sort of region tags so I doubt they'd get revoked.

[quote name='Eldredpe']Got the key. Thank you and thanks Sunghost.

I'll keep refreshing on my end to see if I get lucky, and pass that code along to someone else in the thread if I do.[/QUOTE]

Obviously the next one should go to the thread's most handsome poster.

[quote name='walkonshadows']Hang in there, here's what you should be seeing in sequence, when you get to filling out the fields, the second field only takes numbers (age). Also, mine was in my SPAM folder.

[/QUOTE]

That's amazing. Very helpful, thanks.

Looks like I achieved Stage 1, once!

I'll keep trying.

[quote name='louiedog']Obviously the next one should go to the thread's most handsome poster.[/QUOTE]

Well, since you don't have an avatar that couldn't be you then right?

[quote name='walkonshadows']Well, since you don't have an avatar that couldn't be you then right?[/QUOTE]

MY avatar = ME!

Yeah, thanks to the almighty Sunghost. I will be sure to leave him milk and cookies. Still trying to get the page to load on my end to pass it along but no luck.

[quote name='walkonshadows']Well, since you don't have an avatar that couldn't be you then right?[/QUOTE]

Oh, sure, just punish a guy for trying not to make everyone else jealous.

[quote name='walkonshadows']Well, I got all the way to clicking the final button and it froze again, also apparently there are only 187 codes left now.[/QUOTE]

Nice @ 187 for the number.

[quote name='louiedog']Obviously the next one should go to the thread's most handsome poster.[/QUOTE]

Pffffft. I say go for aromatic and tasty.

My connection has been butt lately so I remoted into my girlfriend's office computer which is at a University. The students are gone for break. Maybe this will help.

You guys realize this thread now has like 5 solid pages of

Not working for me
Not working for me either
I just see a loading screen
Nope, not working here
I've got 32 Facebook accounts and none of them can get it!
Keep trying
Still loading
Still not working
I CAN HAZ CODZ PLZ?
My connection sucks!
Still trying!

[quote name='M_F_A_H']I'm seeing 69/420 left.[/QUOTE]

what the hell does that mean? Oh, I guess your having a good week. It was at 224 when I got my code. The last time it loaded all the way it was at 187. UPDATE: 157 codes left. as of 9:03 PM EST

[quote name='Motoki']You guys realize this thread now has like 5 solid pages of

Not working for me
Nope, not working here
Keep trying
Still loading
Still not working
I CAN HAZ CODZ PLZ?
My connection sucks!
Still trying![/QUOTE]

and not being helpful at all. ;)

Not working for me
Nope, not working here
Keep trying
Still loading
Still not working
I CAN HAZ CODZ PLZ?
My connection sucks!
Still trying![/QUOTE]

My mission to conquer the Steam thread is a success!

Not working for me
Nope, not working here
Keep trying
Still loading
Still not working
I CAN HAZ CODZ PLZ?
My connection sucks!
Still trying![/QUOTE]

So we're doing better than the last thread?

Not working for me
Nope, not working here
Keep trying
Still loading
Still not working
I CAN HAZ CODZ PLZ?
My connection sucks!
Still trying![/QUOTE]

You're right, it's decidedly missing cat pictures.

pwease-can-i-haz-one.jpg

Heh heh 69

I need to start a new game, but with the sale rolling around I need to pick a short game. Would you guys recommend SPAZ, Cave Story, or Gemini Rue?

I'm not complaining. It's entertaining to watch and makes me glad I already own Sonic Generations and can just sit back and grab some popcorn for this.

[quote name='Fluxy']i give up[/QUOTE]

Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Of course there's a free game giveaway when I'm stuck at the dentist on my phone. For those wondering, the site doesn't even appear on my phone.

[quote name='Motoki']I'm not complaining. It's entertaining to watch and makes me glad I already own Sonic Generations and can just sit back and grab some popcorn for this.[/QUOTE]

Wanna share some popcorn w/ me?

[quote name='Jugglenaut']Of course there's a free game giveaway when I'm stuck at the dentist on my phone. For those wondering, the site doesn't even appear on my phone.[/QUOTE]

You're not missing anything. Trying get the page to load is like pulling teeth.

[quote name='MysterD']Wanna share some popcorn w/ me?[/QUOTE]

This thread is in dire need of the Micheal Jackson gif where he is eating popcorn, I haven't quite figured out how to post images on this board so someone will sure supply this for us won't they? :D Also free giveaway of steam keys is steam deals related me thinks :p .

[quote name='monkeyz']This thread is in dire need of the Micheal Jackson gif where he is eating popcorn, I haven't quite figured out how to post images on this board so someone will sure supply this for us won't they? :D Also free giveaway of steam keys is steam deals related me thinks :p .[/QUOTE]
Here ya go:
238c351a_Eating-Popcorn-3-michael-jackson-21626092-257-192.gif

[quote name='Jugglenaut']Of course there's a free game giveaway when I'm stuck at the dentist on my phone. For those wondering, the site doesn't even appear on my phone.[/QUOTE]

It's not much of a giveaway, not missing anything. Unless you're sunghost because he is made of Internet magic.

Is your Dentist...Corbin Bernsen?
;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back