The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='walkonshadows']I think it's dead now. It pulls up fine, shows the countdown, but not how many codes remain, just keeps doing that.[/QUOTE]

So, the codes got 86'ed?

[quote name='sunghost']http://www.facebook.com/AMD/app_426791374035511

Sonic Generations giveaway, they're going fast.

Like the facebook page, click button at the bottom, accept app, enter age/city/province (in that order).[/QUOTE]
can't get this to work. only see what you showed when I unlike them :bouncy:
[quote name='The End']lol That's beautiful.

BTW, why is this thing in Portuguese anyway? Is this supposed to be for Brazil only? Is there any chance that they'll revoke keys given out to other regions?[/QUOTE]
I wondered the same thing, but still want a key if anyone has an extra to spare. pm me

[quote name='walkonshadows']I think it's dead now. It pulls up fine, shows the countdown, but not how many codes remain, just keeps doing that.[/QUOTE]

That is all I get now. I get two grey boxes up top but nothing in them at all.

i can't get it to work either...it shows some countdown and something about AMD and "what to expect at the end of the world" (my Portuguese is a little rusty - as in nonexistant...google translate got me that far). that's all i'm getting.

i would appreciate a code if anyone has any left :D

[quote name='bubzers']i can't get it to work either...it shows some countdown, or something (my Portuguese is a little rusty - as in nonexistant...google translate got me that far). that's all i'm getting.

i would appreciate a code if anyone has any left :D[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by asheskitty
"Poor life choices" is rarely the answer -- unless the question is something like, "Why am I all sticky?"

LMFAO!, I just read your sig, I hadn't seen asheskitty say that. Wow, that's good. I hope I get to use that at Christmas dinner.

[quote name='walkonshadows']what the heeellllll.......[/QUOTE]

You guys are making me nuts with all your Brazilian Facebook shenanigans. Now I am watching Carmen Miranda videos on Youtube.

[quote name='sunasun']their poor servers.[/QUOTE]

Yeah you guys, Reddit, Slickdeals and Steamgifts combined just probably knocked out power for half of Brazil.

[quote name='walkonshadows']Quote:
Originally Posted by asheskitty
"Poor life choices" is rarely the answer -- unless the question is something like, "Why am I all sticky?"

LMFAO!, I just read your sig, I hadn't seen asheskitty say that. Wow, that's good. I hope I get to use that at Christmas dinner.[/QUOTE]

if you do, that's a story i must hear!

[quote name='Motoki']Yeah you guys, Reddit, Slickdeals and Steamgifts combined just probably knocked out power for half of Brazil.[/QUOTE]

You forgot Max Payne...

I've been making a friend try to get a key for me. Our friendship may not survive...

REFRESH THE PAGE!!!
TRY AGAIN!
HOW MANY KEYS ARE LEFT???
REFRESH THE PAGE!!!!!

*evil look*

LOOK AT THE SCREEN!
REFRESH!!!

So I want to pick up these games during the Steam winter sale...in a nutshell...I sold my Xbox/PS3 this summer after I built a PC and am transferring my old backlog to my PC collection haha....What price point should I try to hold out for? I've put their regular prices next to the titles.

Bioshock $19.99
Bioshock 2 $19.99
Dishonored $59.99 (50% on GoG right now...should I just get it there?)
Dragon Age: Origins Ulimate Collection $29.99
The Walking Dead $24.99
Star Wars KotoR $9.99
Star Wars KotoR2 $9.99
The Witcher 2 $29.99

I'm thinking I should be able to pick everything up at least 50% off ?

[quote name='starscream1101']So I want to pick up these games during the Steam winter sale...in a nutshell...I sold my Xbox/PS3 this summer after I built a PC and am transferring my old backlog to my PC collection haha....What price point should I try to hold out for? I've put their regular prices next to the titles.

Bioshock $19.99
Bioshock 2 $19.99
The Walking Dead $24.99
Star Wars KotoR $9.99
Star Wars KotoR2 $9.99
The Witcher 2 $29.99

I'm thinking I should be able to pick everything up at least 50% off ?[/QUOTE]
Aim for 50% off, if you plan to play it ASAP.
Aim for 75% off, if you are planning to BACKLOG it.

[quote name='starscream1101']So I want to pick up these games during the Steam winter sale...in a nutshell...I sold my Xbox/PS3 this summer after I built a PC and am transferring my old backlog to my PC collection haha....What price point should I try to hold out for? I've put their regular prices next to the titles.

Bioshock $19.99
Bioshock 2 $19.99
The Walking Dead $24.99
Star Wars KotoR $9.99
Star Wars KotoR2 $9.99
The Witcher 2 $29.99

Go to the Amazon thread that's stickied. Bioshock 1 + 2 package deal for 5 bucks (or a deal with them both + Spec Ops the Line for 10). Steam keys.

Everything else will likely hit 66-75 percent off in the Winter Sale except Dishonored and Walking Dead (i'd say probably 66 percent off max for both, but more likely 50 percent).

[quote name='Corpekata']Go to the Amazon thread that's stickied. Bioshock 1 + 2 package deal for 5 bucks (or a deal with them both + Spec Ops the Line) for 10. Steam keys.[/QUOTE]

Spec Ops: The Line is awesome.

Everything else will likely hit 66-75 percent off in the Winter Sale except Dishonored and Walking Dead (i'd say probably 66 percent off max for both, but more likely 50 percent).
Dishonored is awesome. One of my favorites of 2012.

Bioshock $19.99
Bioshock 2 $19.99
The Walking Dead $24.99
Star Wars KotoR $9.99
Star Wars KotoR2 $9.99
The Witcher 2 $29.99

I would say you'll have a good shot of getting everything on your list for at least 50% off. Most of the items on you list (except for Dishonored & Walking dead) will likely be available for 75% off.

Bioshock $19.99
Bioshock 2 $19.99
The Walking Dead $24.99
Star Wars KotoR $9.99
Star Wars KotoR2 $9.99
The Witcher 2 $29.99

Bioshock 1 & 2 (both together) are $4.99 on Amazon right now. Dishonored was $25 during BF at Amazon. The Walking Dead has been $12.50 several times and a few places have dipped lower ($10?). Dragon Age has been parts of a bundle on Amazon with other items for $15. The Witcher 2 was $7.49 during BF on Steam.

Bioshock $19.99
Bioshock 2 $19.99
[/QUOTE]

Really good deal with Bioshock 1 and 2. All the games should still activate on Steam

$9.99

[quote name='MysterD']Spec Ops: The Line is awesome.
[/QUOTE]

I thought the gameplay was dull at best, with a frustratingly bad cover system.

But it really is worth playing for the story now that you can get it for 10 bucks in a bundle.

[quote name='Eldredpe']I thought the gameplay was dull at best, with a frustratingly bad cover system.

But it really is worth playing for the story now that you can get it for 10 bucks in a bundle.[/QUOTE]

I thought the shooting was good...
...but it's the absolutely dark, depressing, gut-wrenching story and the character development that really are what make that game as amazing as it is.

Bioshock $19.99
Bioshock 2 $19.99
The Walking Dead $24.99
Star Wars KotoR $9.99
Star Wars KotoR2 $9.99
The Witcher 2 $29.99

Bioshock 1+2 can be had at Amazon right now for 4.99, though I believe Idiotekque was trying to sell off his copies for $4. Not sure if he still has that. Dishonored was as low as $22.50 on GMG around Black Friday. The Walking Dead was $10 at Gamefly last week? Star Wars Kotor 1+2 were 2.49 each during the Autumn Sale I believe, and The Witcher 2 was $7.49 during the Autumn Sale as well.

I'd hold out for around those prices, depends though on how badly you want to play them.

[quote name='overlordmike']willing to trade a dota 2 steam gift if any1 has a spare code. been trying for the past 3 hours now with no luck lmao. hit me up if interested[/QUOTE]

Wrong thread brah

Bioshock $19.99
Bioshock 2 $19.99
The Walking Dead $24.99
Star Wars KotoR $9.99
Star Wars KotoR2 $9.99
The Witcher 2 $29.99

bioshock 1/2 will be 5 or less prob as low as it will go.
Dishonored will be at least 50%.
Not sure on dragonage.
Walkindead dead will be 12.50 def worth it at this price.
kotor 1/2 will be 75% off
witcher 2 at least 66% this sale

Remember don't buy anything unless its a daily deal/flash deal and if they dont come up just buy what u want the last day.

Kept trying all evening for Sonic. I thought I got through on my wife's account--was able to enter info, but no code was sent. Not even in the spam folder.

If anyone feels sorry for me and wants to set me up with one, I'm not too proud to beg.

[quote name='MysterD']I thought the shooting was good...
...but it's the absolutely dark, depressing, gut-wrenching story and the character development that really are what make that game as amazing as it is.[/QUOTE]
I marathoned it last night and today, still letting the story sink in. And the shooting mechanics were good and not worn out if you don't play any modern military shooters.

[quote name='Palinn']I see Farming Simulator 2013 is on that list. Motoki must have bought copies for all of his friends. :lol:[/QUOTE]

And this is the problem with people who don't follow the thread. Any devout follower of the Steam Thread knows that Motoki (and a few others) snagged Farming Simulator for $7.50 on pre-order during a short lived price mistake on Steam on 11 Oct.

TL;DR Motoki bought it on Steam not Amazon.

...kids these days...

I already have (and have beaten) Sonic Generations on PS3, and I additionally won a Steam key for it in October from a Micro Center email promotion. Been sitting on it unable to decide whether to activate or trade it. Now I feel like it's worthless. Fun watching this thread explode, though.

[quote name='asheskitty']My wish list isn't a wishlist. It's very loose collection of stuff that I'm interested in seeing go on sale. The only function is to give me a one-stop list to check sale prices.[/QUOTE]

Likewise. First ten items are games I'd want to win if they do another drawing, and the rest are there so I can see what hits 75% off during the sales.

[quote name='asheskitty']And this is the problem with people who don't follow the thread. Any devout follower of the Steam Thread knows that Motoki (and a few others) snagged Farming Simulator for $7.50 on pre-order during a short lived price mistake on Steam on 11 Oct.

...kids these days...[/QUOTE]

Yeah I am all about some 75% off pre-order Farming Simulator pricing mistakes.

[quote name='starscream1101']wowsers :D Thanks for the replies everyone :D I'll keep a look out...and heading to Amazon now.[/QUOTE]

What the others said is good advice. My basic rule of thumb is if it's old, like a year or more old, then tits 75% or GTFO.

Also with Dishonored it's a Steamworks game meaning it requires Steam no matter where you get it from so don't necessarily feel like you have to buy it right away on the Winter sale. If you pass on it there someone else should have it on sale at some point so you shouldn't have to wait 6 months for the Steam summer sale.

[quote name='asheskitty']And this is the problem with people who don't follow the thread. Any devout follower of the Steam Thread knows that Motoki (and a few others) snagged Farming Simulator for $7.50 on pre-order during a short lived price mistake on Steam on 11 Oct.

...kids these days...[/QUOTE]

Well of course he did! There was a huge snow storm that day and he had to walk up hill both ways to get that pre-order.

The copies he passed around to his friends came from Amazon. I read everything in the Steam threads. Everything.

Bioshock $19.99
Bioshock 2 $19.99
The Walking Dead $24.99
Star Wars KotoR $9.99
Star Wars KotoR2 $9.99
The Witcher 2 $29.99

There's a Steam-redeemable Bioshock pack up at Amazon for $4.99 right now: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0083W649I/?tag=cheapassgam08-20

[quote name='Eldredpe']I thought the gameplay was dull at best, with a frustratingly bad cover system.

But it really is worth playing for the story now that you can get it for 10 bucks in a bundle.[/QUOTE]

I thought the gameplay, mediocre as it was, really bolsters the whole singleplayer. It sets the tone initially as "generic third person shooter hero fest", which makes the slow change in mood that much more impactful. Stuff like the slowdown for headshots aren't necessarily there for gratification.

Spec Ops is my personal favorite game of the year and I highly recommend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back