The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
The first 15 or so games on my wishlist are the ones I'm most interested in and everything after that is just something I'd buy if the price is right.

[quote name='asheskitty']My wish list isn't a wishlist. It's very loose collection of stuff that I'm interested in seeing go on sale. The only function is to give me a one-stop list to check sale prices.[/QUOTE]

This. actually.

[quote name='louiedog']Fieldrunners 2 beta posted on reddit.

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/152lxp/free_fieldrunners_2_pc_steam_beta_keys/[/QUOTE]

Snagged one. T.Hanks for posting this. I'd never have seen it otherwise.

The info on the spreadsheet with the codes is saying that these beta codes WON'T give the full game when it's released, but that if you help report bugs that they will "hook you up" when it is released. Not sure if that's true or not.

[quote name='asheskitty']My wish list isn't a wishlist. It's very loose collection of stuff that I'm interested in seeing go on sale. The only function is to give me a one-stop list to check sale prices.[/QUOTE]
Pretty much this for me as well.

[quote name='Junpei']Are you effing kidding me, that was the first game I added to my wishlist when I made my account on Steam... such memories... snatched, obviously! :applause:[/QUOTE]

Waiting for Valve & BioWare to troll us and it's 90% off during Winter Sale beginning Dec 20th.
:p
;)

EDIT:
What's next?
Vampire: Bloodlines for $2? ;)

[quote name='MysterD']Waiting for Valve & BioWare to troll us and it's 90% off during Winter Sale beginning Dec 20th.
:p
;)

EDIT:
What's next?
Vampire: Bloodlines for $2? ;)[/QUOTE]

Bioware Humble Bundle incoming!

This will be my first Steam "holiday sale", but the fact is that I've bought so much stuff already during the Halloween, Thanksgiving/Black Friday, and random weekly deals that there's practically nothing left on my list. I guess I'm just hoping for a decent discount on Far Cry 3.

[quote name='road3283']Wait, is BB selling Steam wallet cards now?[/QUOTE]

Yes. They started within the last couple of months.

link

I hope that link goes. Search links can be iffy and I don't know if there's a product page for all of them.

[quote name='road3283']Wait, is BB selling Steam wallet cards now?[/QUOTE]

They are indeed. Both in-store and on their website.

[quote name='louiedog']Yes. They started within the last couple of months.

link

I hope that link goes. Search links can be iffy and I don't know if there's a product page for all of them.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='griffinup']They are indeed. Both in-store and on their website.[/QUOTE]

Cool, thanks guys!

Not even that for me. I use it to mark games I'd just like to look into more, later, when I have time. I wish I could mark F2P games on it, too.

[quote name='anarchyoblivion']LOL Jade Empire is 75% off[/QUOTE]

...and purchased. I haven't played Jade Empire since it was released on the xbox in 2005?

Continue exploring the Wasteland long after the final fight with the ‘Extended Play’ option

PFFT. Why would I want to relive all that driving and collecting? Why not have a...

, and relive your favorite missions any time you want with the all-new ‘Combat Scenario Selection’ menu.

WELL then.

[quote name='Tsel']Getting nothing but a white page after liking the page.[/QUOTE]
It took about a minute or so to load for me, not sure if they're out of keys. They're probably being hit hard.

[quote name='Tsel']Getting nothing but a white page after liking the page.[/QUOTE]

I get this. When it does load, which is rare, it only shows a picture of the Earth. No text, no links.

[quote name='Captain Urahara']I get this. When it does load, which is rare, it only shows a picture of the Earth. No text, no links.[/QUOTE]

Gotta wait a bit longer. For some reason, the page loads with that image and then the text appears about a minute later.

[quote name='Severose']Gotta wait a bit longer. For some reason, the page loads with that image and then the text appears about a minute later.[/QUOTE]

Been sitting here for a couple of minutes now. Still nothing but good ol' Mother Earth.

[quote name='Captain Urahara']Been sitting here for a couple of minutes now. Still nothing but good ol' Mother Earth.[/QUOTE]

Well, guess what? Today is your lucky day, PM me and you can have the one I got. ;)

[quote name='Severose']Well, guess what? Today is your lucky day, PM me and you can have the one I got. ;)[/QUOTE]

What a great guy.

Looks like I'm out of the freebies loop again. No Facebook account and I refuse to create one. But that's alright, I already own the game on my main account. I'd only be grabbing one for my secondary account. So no great loss.

Still trying to grab a code to pass along but I have this up in Firefox and Chrome and neither is loading any text after liking the page. This stuff is always borked lol

[quote name='M_F_A_H']How does this shit always work for you, 'rose?[/QUOTE]

No clue, it's probably just my 50GB/s connection. (Nah, I don't have that) ;)

Not loading for me. This is what I get for heading to the post office to mail Christmas presents. I swear you leave the house once a month and you miss out!

Some text finally appeared at the top. I don't understand any of it but I think it's telling me they are out of codes. Nothing clickable.

Scratch that it says there are codes left, but still nothing clickable :(

[quote name='Captain Urahara']Some text finally appeared at the top. I don't understand any of it but I think it's telling me they are out of codes. Nothing clickable.[/QUOTE]

I get the same thing. The text, according to google, seems to translate to something like "See what awaits you at the end of ....something."

There are still keys left, I just got another. Around 300ish remaining. If it's not loading, keep refreshing until you get the space/earth background and let it sit there for a bit to load.

[quote name='sunghost']There are still keys left, I just got another. Around 300ish remaining. If it's not loading, keep refreshing until you get the space/earth background and let it sit there for a bit to load.[/QUOTE]

They're letting you get more than one key? Or do you have more than one Facebook account?

[quote name='The End']They're letting you get more than one key? Or do you have more than one Facebook account?[/QUOTE]

I used a dummy facebook account to get the 2nd key

Not another Facebook freebie! My resolve is slipping.

I will not make a Facebook account.

[quote name='sunghost']There are still keys left, I just got another. Around 300ish remaining. If it's not loading, keep refreshing until you get the space/earth background and let it sit there for a bit to load.[/QUOTE]

What do you do once the words load with the codes remianing

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back