The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Lint21']pls pm me free sonic generations code plz guyz[/QUOTE]

hey u wanna by sonnic generetins for 10$ doller??? i hav code for sell u....

[quote name='starscream1101']I bought it...I'd be playing right now, but I just started watching Game of Thrones (never really watched it before) and now I'm addicted and can't stop.[/QUOTE]
Brace yourselves, season 3 is coming.

[quote name='Tsel']hey u wanna by sonnic generetins for 10$ doller??? i hav code for sell u....[/QUOTE]

That's the secret.

That's how Bruce Wayne made his fortune.

[quote name='SuiCide_KiNg_213']PM'D In for one[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Tsel']hey u wanna by sonnic generetins for 10$ doller??? i hav code for sell u....[/QUOTE]

[quote name='M_F_A_H']How many do you need? Will 5 suffice?[/QUOTE]

thx guyz i a;ready gpt the code from Eldredpe ask him if u want 1

[quote name='M_F_A_H']How many do you need? Will 5 suffice?[/QUOTE]

Dare I say it? Over 9000.
Where did the sonic keys come from anyway?

Edit: Found where they came from, guess I missed it.

[quote name='warreni']I read the first four books. I finished the first book and watched the first series on HBO and that was pretty enjoyable. But then I read the next two and started watching the second series and I just found that it wasn't as interesting. Now I feel like I may have to force myself to watch the rest of them at some point, but I don't know whether I will.

A Dance with Dragons is leering at me from my Kindle app, but I'm also somewhat disappointed in the fact that he decided to split the books into telling the stories of some of the major characters in one and some in another. It almost makes me want to wait until the sixth book comes out to read the fifth one, but that might be in 2016.[/QUOTE]

I haven't read in years...I really should. I think the last series I read was either Harry Potter or The Dark Tower series...both a couple years ago.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']Brace yourselves, season 3 is coming.[/QUOTE]

Still gotta finish up Season 1 and then Season 2...probably by this weekend. I also just finished catching up with The Walking Dead series.

The fruit lady has already sung on the Brazilian Sonic deal

carmenmirandasmall.jpg

Fruit Lady also wants you to know that Nuuvem is available for all your grey market needs.

PS - If you get ban, Fruit Lady no know you!

[quote name='warreni']I read the first four books. I finished the first book and watched the first series on HBO and that was pretty enjoyable. But then I read the next two and started watching the second series and I just found that it wasn't as interesting. Now I feel like I may have to force myself to watch the rest of them at some point, but I don't know whether I will.

A Dance with Dragons is leering at me from my Kindle app, but I'm also somewhat disappointed in the fact that he decided to split the books into telling the stories of some of the major characters in one and some in another. It almost makes me want to wait until the sixth book comes out to read the fifth one, but that might be in 2016.[/QUOTE]

Now that we're appropriately off topic for the thread - I found S2 of the show to be fantastic as I know what's coming for the Book 3 arc, and god damn Peter Dinklage is just stealing that show. Book 4/5 left me pretty bummed so I hope HBO can do something interesting with those. Season 3 should be pretty epic.

[quote name='clickpow']
Edit: Found where they came from, guess I missed it.[/QUOTE]

I'm sad I missed this one. I actually really want Sonic Generations but I'm too cheap to pay $7.50.

My initial, large Doctor Who comment (as well as the comment to which it was a reply) from a couple of hours ago seems to be gone. Has a mod gotten overzealous?

[quote name='NeoGutsman']Hm, maybe I'll avoid Jade Empire. I have a Win7 64-bit system with DX11, and I don't want to have to install DX9 just to get it to run. :(

[/QUOTE]

Same, I'm having issues launching the game right now...will update if I manage.

[quote name='eastx']My initial, large Doctor Who comment (as well as the comment to which it was a reply) from a couple of hours ago seems to be gone. Has a mod gotten overzealous?[/QUOTE]

I started a tangent on Game of Thrones. Probably deleted everything off topic.

[quote name='NeoGutsman']Hm, maybe I'll avoid Jade Empire. I have a Win7 64-bit system with DX11, and I don't want to have to install DX9 just to get it to run. :(

[/QUOTE]

Got it working. Just had to manually go into the folder D:\My Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Jade Empire and right click properties of the file JadeEmpireConfig.exe. Checked run in Win XP SP3 and run as administrator.

FWIW I just loaded up Jade Empire on Windows 8 64-bit and it ran just fine for me. I didn't have to do anything to it at all. It actually looks pretty decent too. I was expecting it to look pretty shabby for its age but it really doesn't.

[quote name='starscream1101']Got it working. Just had to manually go into the folder D:\My Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Jade Empire and right click properties of the file JadeEmpireConfig.exe. Checked run in Win XP SP3 and run as administrator.[/QUOTE]

Argh, I couldn't resist buying after reading that :) So does this mean that you didn't have to install any older DirectX libraries or do any other funky stuff?

[quote name='Motoki']FWIW I just loaded up Jade Empire on Windows 8 64-bit and it ran just fine for me. I didn't have to do anything to it at all. It actually looks pretty decent too. I was expecting it to look pretty shabby for its age but it really doesn't.[/QUOTE]

Nice! Let us know how controller support is if you get the chance.

[quote name='NeoGutsman']Argh, I couldn't resist buying after reading that :) So does this mean that you didn't have to install any older DirectX libraries or do any other funky stuff?[/QUOTE]

I guess you haven't noticed steam constantly installing DirectX / C-runtime libs / related junk for the bazillionth time each time you launch a new game. Yes it takes care of that. Steam dumbs it down so that even a console peasant can play PC games.

[quote name='NeoGutsman']Nice! Let us know how controller support is if you get the chance.[/QUOTE]

It detects the 360 controller by default but some of the mappings are slightly odd but workable.

I tried changing them in the config but it doesn't seem to change so easily so I'll have to see if there's an ini I can mess with or just live with holding the right trigger to turn right and the left trigger to turn left.

[quote name='asheskitty']Oblivion GOTY (not Deluxe) price glitch $4.99. Steam key.
http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-ES4OGOTYE/the-elder-scrolls-iv-oblivion-game-of-the-year-edition[/QUOTE]

And before anyone asks, no you don't need the horse armor or the forts.

I'm kind of surprised their Oblivion is Steamworks though. I guess Bethesda re-released it digitally when they added cloud save to it last year. Apparently Gamersgate's Morrowind is also Steamworks, though it is not on sale right now.

[quote name='Motoki']
Kotaku ran a story about it too and there's a post as reddit with replies by some extremely disgruntled customers.

Apparently, Valve let one of the people who works for the War Z developer control the Steam forum for the game and he's running it like a gestapo.[/QUOTE]

I can't believe this game is even allowed on Steam with all of the blatant lies from the Steam page to the developers themselves. This game is obviously a DayZ copy. I was surprised when they told everyone that WarZ was in development way before DayZ but when they were questioned about any sort of proof, they came up with nothing and started going backwards and contradicting themselves. They even banned people on their forums for asking about it. Scumbags. They love copy/pasting so much that they even used League of Legend's Teams of Service contract as their own: http://www.joystiq.com/2012/10/17/the-war-z-terms-of-use-has-link-to-league-of-legends-agreement/. What a joke. I feel sorry for anyone who spent any money on this ridiculous cash grab.

Oh, and Jade Empire is awesome. :)

[quote name='NeoGutsman']Argh, I couldn't resist buying after reading that :) So does this mean that you didn't have to install any older DirectX libraries or do any other funky stuff?[/QUOTE]

I did open the config menu and just saved the settings. Then the game launched just fine.

[quote name='NeoGutsman']Nice! Let us know how controller support is if you get the chance.[/QUOTE]

I have a Logitech F510 and it seemed to work just fine plug and play. Didn't change any menu options.

Moving around seemed a little funky...LUP/UP/RUP moves you as you would normally think it would...everything from left to right on the either the dpad or analog stick would make the character move as if engaged with a target...sidestepping/backstepping etc....can't remember if this is normal to the old xbox version or not.http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-940-000106-Rumble-Gamepad-F510/dp/B003VAM392

[quote name='starscream1101']I have a Logitech F510 and it seemed to work just fine plug and play. Didn't change any menu options.[/URL][/QUOTE]

Is the switch on the underside of the controller next to "X" or "D"? Unfortunately the F510 was EOL'd (no clue why). The F310 (no rumble) and F710 (wireless, shown in Steam's Big Picture promo pics) are what I'd point people to. They switch between "X" Xinput (360 controller) and the older and superior "D" DirectInput (useful for older games and remapping software).

[quote name='asheskitty']Is the switch on the underside of the controller next to "X" or "D"? Unfortunately the F510 was EOL'd (no clue why). The F310 (no rumble) and F710 (wireless, shown in Steam's Big Picture promo pics) are what I'd point people to. They switch between "X" Xinput (360 controller) and the older and superior "D" DirectInput (useful for older games and remapping software).[/QUOTE]

Lol. It's next to X. I had no idea a switch was there. Reloading Jade's Empire to see how that affects everything.

Edit: Same thing...anything from left to right on the bottome half of the dpad or analog stick makes her move like she's in combat...and constantly have to use the bottom triggers to adjust the camera. It also did the same thing with the mouse/keyboard controls. On the flipside....it didn't really seem bad with a mouse/keyboard....at least the first 10 minutes or so.

I went to bed with this thread at page 14. I woke up at page 25. Imagine my delight at having 11 pages of nonsense to read about you lot whinging about white pages.

I like it. It's like hardcore training for the impending sale. Set your sights low and buckle up :D

[quote name='Larce80']why is this a glitch? sold for similar earlier

Purchase

Oblivion Game of the Year Deluxe, Morrowind Game of the Year - (2 games)
21 Jul 2012
$11.23
also, did you guys know about this gamersgate code? 5% off

IAMANELDERGEEK
[/QUOTE]

It's strange that the list price was 29.95, but it's 19.95 now with the same price. Good thing I didn't pick it up.

[quote name='louiedog']The Amnesia Fortnight prototypes are now in my Steam library from the Happy Song and Costume Quest key.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this.

[quote name='MysterD']So, what do you guys think of Sonic Generations...?[/QUOTE]

It's a great game, minus the final boss fight. I highly recommend playing it as opposed to letting it sit as another statistic in one's game library.

[quote name='MulderYuffie']Come on Humble Bundle release today.....[/QUOTE]

Are we actually expecting a new Humble Bundle?

[quote name='Carlmundo']

Are we actually expecting a new Humble Bundle?[/QUOTE]

I thought I remember seeing somewhere that another Humble Bundle was planned not long after the THQ bundle ended.

So, possibly.

[quote name='Carlmundo']
Are we actually expecting a new Humble Bundle?[/QUOTE]

Rosen (or someone else from Humble Bundle - I can't remember) stated that there would be another Humble Indie Bundle before the end of the year.

[quote name='Motoki']
The fruit lady has already sung on the Brazilian Sonic deal

carmenmirandasmall.jpg

Fruit Lady also wants you to know that Nuuvem is available for all your grey market needs.

PS - If you get ban, Fruit Lady no know you!
[/QUOTE]
Tell me more about it. I see full price on all Sonic games there.

[quote name='bubzers']Rosen (or someone else from Humble Bundle - I can't remember) stated that there would be another Humble Indie Bundle before the end of the year.[/QUOTE]
and they'd be smart to do it before the winter sale starts.....

So GMG just posted Sacred 2 Gold with the expansion published by Deep Silver to their site and it is available in the US region.

Now their version requires the capsule but I suspect a Steam re-release (or release period in the case of the expansion) is imminent since it was added to the Steam registry recently. GMG is really good about not selling stuff to the US region if they aren't allow to so I don't think it is a mistake. I do remember reading a while back at the Deep Silver forums that they were trying to get the rights to distribute it in the US.

*Edit: It's also been added to Gamersgate in the US under gamersgate.com. Previously you had to go to Gamersgate.co.uk to get it. Note that GG is listing the DRM of the individual parts as Securom. Let's hope Deep Silver has enough sense not to force that into the version they put on Steam too.

Previously it was published by CDV that didn't do much with it and didn't even release the expansion and then eventually it just got yanked from Steam entirely.

I would think they would release it today otherwise games tend not to be released during the big sale as the new release would get totally lost in the shuffle.

I'm hoping they don't chintz out on a sale because it's a 'new release' or some crap like that. We'll see I guess.

I'm also regretting getting talked into getting it on Gamersgate.

Waaaat Waaaat Waaaat Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

[quote name='starscream1101']Lol. It's next to X. I had no idea a switch was there. Reloading Jade's Empire to see how that affects everything.

Edit: Same thing...anything from left to right on the bottome half of the dpad or analog stick makes her move like she's in combat...and constantly have to use the bottom triggers to adjust the camera. It also did the same thing with the mouse/keyboard controls. On the flipside....it didn't really seem bad with a mouse/keyboard....at least the first 10 minutes or so.[/QUOTE]

Anyone tried it out with a regular 360 wired controller? That's what I've got, and was thinking about picking up Jade Empire, but would really rather play it with a controller than mouse/keyboard. "Partial Controller Support" doesn't... inspire confidence.

[quote name='INCyr']Anyone tried it out with a regular 360 wired controller? That's what I've got, and was thinking about picking up Jade Empire, but would really rather play it with a controller than mouse/keyboard. "Partial Controller Support" doesn't... inspire confidence.[/QUOTE]

Well it works with a wireless 360 controller so I can't see why it wouldn't work with a wired one. I don't own one so I can't say for 100% sure on the wired but no problems here on the wireless and it seems to accept Xinput just fine.

[quote name='INCyr']Anyone tried it out with a regular 360 wired controller? That's what I've got, and was thinking about picking up Jade Empire, but would really rather play it with a controller than mouse/keyboard. "Partial Controller Support" doesn't... inspire confidence.[/QUOTE]

I think partial controller support now means it might come with a launcher and not be 100 seemless if you to use big screen mode.

I'm saying the movement controls were the same between the mouse/kb and the gamepad. Possibly, I had something else messed up in the settings as well. I'll poke around tomorrow. It's getting a bit late for me tonight.

[quote name='Motoki']Well it works with a wireless 360 controller so I can't see why it wouldn't work with a wired one. I don't own one so I can't say for 100% sure on the wired but no problems here on the wireless and it seems to accept Xinput just fine.[/QUOTE]

What do you mean, "accepts Xinput just fine"?

I booted it up with my wired controller and it worked flawlessly. Button prompts and everything.

I highly recommend this game to anyone on the fence about it. You are definitely getting your money's worth out of this one, great atmosphere, story and characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back