The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure Giana Sisters will get another chance either via vote or flash. Someone got my hopes up and said it won, but I checked and there was 90 minutes left. Boo.

[quote name='imac2much']Merry Christmas everyone! Glad to see Giana sisters won the community vote![/QUOTE]

Lies!

Merry XMAS everybody!!!

Deus Ex: Human revolution Augmented edition
EZMRB-5KGFJ-LKBGC

Deus Ex: Missing Link DLC
2FBBM-7BJHK-NZ2FQ

Just Cause 2
CGRPH-RGNX9-V2CRD

Hitman: Blood Money
BMK5P-P2C60-V0ZVG

Darksiders
VKZ26-GDBZE-6LXQK

Please dont be a dick and only take one gotta spread the Xmas cheer around.

[quote name='D1987']Merry XMAS everybody!!!
Deus Ex: Missing Link DLC
2FBBM-7BJHK-NZ2FQ

Please dont be a dick and only take one gotta spread the Xmas cheer around.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Got Missing Link

[quote name='xanchui']Thanks! Got Missing Link[/QUOTE]

bah, that's what I was going for. Already own the rest.

Oh well, congrats. And thanks to D1987 for your generosity. Merry Christmas.

first time I've ever been here right when codes are posted, and I own all the games, LOL. It appears the amazon PCDD thread has taken over "uncontrollable growth" status.

[quote name='guardian_owl']first time I've ever been here right when codes are posted, and I own all the games, LOL. It appears the amazon PCDD thread has taken over "uncontrollable growth" status.[/QUOTE]

Haha yea i figured most people would own these games already but my Amazon game library is too big right now and i figured i needed to unload these keys before i forget what has been used and what hasn't.

Are they still going: Where's my voucher? I don't have my voucher! Did anyone get a voucher? Aren't we supposed to get a voucher? Wait, what's on sale? When does that go on sale again? Voucher? etc etc.

I can't look there any more. Too many annoying stupid people. Not to mention they're idiotic and keep being blatantly obvious that they aren't in the US, and hence are using a fake address, when the damned Amazon rep is in the thread. Hello?

[quote name='D1987']Haha yea i figured most people would own these games already but my Amazon game library is too big right now and i figured i needed to unload these keys before i forget what has been used and what hasn't.[/QUOTE]

I would have grabbed Deus Ex, but I own the 360 version, and I feel like "backing up" with a freebie is probably not cool. Besides, I need to save some games for the summer sale.

Yea Motoki i feel horrible for Tony actually taking the time to keep us updated and welcoming our feedback only to be bombarded by ungrateful pricks that do not understand "He is not here just to please YOU".

[quote name='Motoki']Are they still going: Where's my voucher? I don't have my voucher! Did anyone get a voucher? Aren't we supposed to get a voucher? Wait, what's on sale? When does that go on sale again? Voucher? etc etc.

I can't look there any more. Too many annoying stupid people. Not to mention they're idiotic and keep being blatantly obvious that they aren't in the US, and hence are using a fake address, when the damned Amazon rep is in the thread. Hello?[/QUOTE]

But I haven't gotten my 2k credit yet.

All seriousness, though. 8 minutes left to get SR3 for $2.50 with the THQ credit. Edit: Well, 12 minutes according to Steam.

[quote name='Terlan']Gah can't decide on chivalry. Probably will pass as I rarely tend to play MP only games. So come on new deals.[/QUOTE]

It's dope.

So the vote should be Dark Messiah?

Just got a good amount of Amazon GC money too...might pick up the Dreamcast pack, or The Walking Dead.
I always like seeing that my campus is where the first season was filmed.

^^^
Ya! I'm starting to find it hard to even respond in that thread; I feel like I want to walk over to a few of the poster and ask "CAN YOU READ!?!?!"

Now Tony informed us they decided not to drop the prices today, as they are afraid they will further upset customers. Bah! Can't blame Tony though, he's working hard (even on Christmas!)

[quote name='MC Kage']It's dope.

So the vote shoudl be Dark Messiah?[/QUOTE]

I think so.

You can get Civ4 & 5, plus the entire Stronghold collection for $19.99 on Amazon, $14.99 with 2k credit tomorrow.

I don't play RTS, so I don't know if Red Alert is something to hope for.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']^^^
Ya! I'm starting to find it hard to even respond in that thread; I feel like I want to walk over to a few of the poster and ask "CAN YOU READ!?!?!"

Now Tony informed us they decided not to drop the prices today, as they are afraid they will further upset customers. Bah! Can't blame Tony though, he's working hard (even on Christmas!)[/QUOTE]

Wait so people, and by people I mean Walksonshadows, complained so they aren't dropping the prices? :roll:

Anyway, I grabbed my Darksiders II franchise for $8 at 2am because I figured some complainer shenanigans might happen.

[quote name='EliotAndrews']I believe it was only 75% off if you bought the entire pack. Since I already owned some of the games off-GoG, I couldn't justify the bundle price. Thus, only a 50% discount would apply. (Sadly, at this point, that scenario has lead me to pass on multiple GoG holiday bundles.) Since the potential Flash Deal discount on Steam was about 66%, I think it'd be best to see if it shows up as a discounted item later on.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sunghost']It was in a bundle at 75% off, not individually. If you could manage to find someone with all of the games from the bundle, then you could get them to gift it to you at 75% off.. but honestly, most people had the majority of the games. That, and I'd say at least half the people in this thread would rather have the game on Steam than GOG.[/QUOTE]

It was 75% off individually, just like the current GoG sale is 80% for any or all of the games in the "bundle" (which acts more like a theme). Although I did not purchase it (I was attempting to to get an impression from a friend, but he was unreachable), I had it ready to be purchased at 75% as the only game in my order and I did not own any of the other games on sale.

If you haven't been checking each GoG deal of the day, many of them allow you to pick and choose which games you want. A few have been GoG's standard 75% for all or 50% for some, but a fair number of them have been ala carte.

[quote name='Motoki']Wait so people, and by people I mean Walksonshadows, complained so they aren't dropping the prices? :roll:[/QUOTE]

Well, CAGs at least. He did specifically say that no other forums complained.

[quote name='Motoki']Wait so people, and by people I mean Walksonshadows, complained so they aren't dropping the prices? :roll:[/QUOTE]

Yup.
Yeah that post was made when we were still deciding if we were going to take any of those deals down further in price. We ended up deciding not to go further since these were the deals we ran during Black Friday (you might have missed the few pages of disappointment around the $5 coupon promotion). Since there was so much conversation around people feeling upset around the $5 coupon we decided not to go deeper than the BF promos since it was arguably within a month.

Cheers,
Tony
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10321757&postcount=11701

That appears to be the long and short of it. Thanks Walksonshadows!

In other news, I wish I had bought something from 2K in the past year, I'd love to try and get Gods & Kings for cheap. Although if they PM Steam at $7.50, which is what I expect it will be, and the $5 promo is $9.99 and above, it might not matter. Still, would love G&K at ~$5.

[quote name='G33']It was 75% off individually, just like the current GoG sale is 80% for any or all of the games in the "bundle" (which acts more like a theme). Although I did not purchase it (I was attempting to to get an impression from a friend, but he was unreachable), I had it ready to be purchased at 75% as the only game in my order and I did not own any of the other games on sale.

If you haven't been checking each GoG deal of the day, many of them allow you to pick and choose which games you want. A few have been GoG's standard 75% for all or 50% for pick-and-choose, but a fair number of them have been ala carte.[/QUOTE]

I'm 100% sure it wasn't 75% off individually. That bundle required you to buy all of the games to get it 75% off. I would know, because I read posts complaining about it, and I had interest in Giana Sisters myself. I know a few of the bundles do let you choose which ones you want for 75% off, but the bundle with Giana Sisters was NOT one of them.

[quote name='Broken Cage']I think so.

You can get Civ4 & 5, plus the entire Stronghold collection for $19.99 on Amazon, $14.99 with 2k credit tomorrow.

I don't play RTS, so I don't know if Red Alert is something to hope for.[/QUOTE]

Either way it doesn't matter to me. Only voting to help others lol.
C&C series is pretty good in general, tho I haven't tried Tiberium Wars and that doesn't seem to have the best feedback.

Dreamcast pack...hm. Think I'm gonna save my GC and use it during the promo period on the Amazon Editor's Choice list. If Walking Dead is on sale that would be perfect.

[quote name='Broken Cage']Well, CAGs at least. He did specifically say that no other forums complained.[/QUOTE]

He really panders to people too much. Customer service and communication is all well and good but when he starts letting a few vocal people on the internet control what deals get posted that's a bit much.

If he and THQ or any other publisher want to run a deal then they should run it. You can't please everyone and no matter what sale you run someone somewhere bought it at a higher price recently. By that mentality THQ shouldn't have done the humble bundle or the $10 DOW franchise either because some people paid more for it. It's silly.

/rant

Deals have been pretty meh so far, I guess that's what happens after the first couple of sales. It seems like every sale we see the exact same daily's. Mass Effect, Batman, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Saints Row, etc. This is the first sale I haven't bought myself anything.

[quote name='MC Kage']Either way it doesn't matter to me. Only voting to help others lol. C&C series is pretty good in general, tho I haven't tried Tiberium Wars and that doesn't seem to have the best feedback.[/QUOTE]

The whole dang C&C pack was $12.50 the other night on a Gamersgate price mistake. Origin only though but still a good deal for all those games. Too bad not that many people got in on that one like they did with the Bethesda one.

[quote name='sunghost']I'm 100% sure it wasn't 75% off individually. That bundle required you to buy all of the games to get it 75% off. I would know, because I read posts complaining about it, and I had interest in Giana Sisters myself. I know a few of the bundles do let you choose which ones you want for 75% off, but the bundle with Giana Sisters was NOT one of them.[/QUOTE]

If that was the case, I guess I should have bought it then, since I did have it on the place your order screen at $3.75. Oh well.

[quote name='G33']If that was the case, I guess I should have bought it then, since I did have it on the place your order screen at $3.75. Oh well.[/QUOTE]

It must've glitched for you. I checked both of the times it was a daily on GOG and both times required me to buy the whole bundle. I may've bought it on there if I could get just that game for $3.75.

[quote name='The End']Crap, Hotline Miami. I was hoping that would go on sale in January so Amazon would price match it and we could get it for free.[/QUOTE]

If it does I am sure someone will complain. :roll:

[quote name='ctclements']Deals have been pretty meh so far, I guess that's what happens after the first couple of sales. It seems like every sale we see the exact same daily's. Mass Effect, Batman, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Saints Row, etc. This is the first sale I haven't bought myself anything.[/QUOTE]

The one thing that I have been waiting for a 75% off on Deus Ex(which has hit 75 so many times before), and nothing so far on Amazon or Steam. I feel the same way about the meh.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Deadlight is horribly overpriced even with the sale[/QUOTE]

How much is it usually? I was just about to pull the trigger.

OMG... Steam sale is really the worst one. I lost interest on looking at their store to see new sales. Terraria was already 75% several times... and now 66%.

I only bought DoW franchise and Grimrock.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Deadlight is horribly overpriced even with the sale[/QUOTE]

I wanted to get it but I agree its too overpriced, will wait for the summer sale or maybe it will be in an indie bundle if I'm lucky

[quote name='Motoki']The whole dang C&C pack was $12.50 the other night on a Gamersgate price mistake. Origin only though but still a good deal for all those games. Too bad not that many people got in on that one like they did with the Bethesda one.[/QUOTE]

Eh, I was good from the Origin fall "sale" for C&C lol. I do miss the ol' ones...

& I don't think they'd let us get Hotline Miami for free, like how we can't use the $5 THQ/EA for anything $5 and under.
2K13 on Amazon is a hella good price tho. Wouldn't mind Castle Crashers at the price it's at right now on Steam. $3.82/person from the 4-pack.

Blablabla this is the worst sale EVER (until the next one) blablabla this sale sucks blablabla nothing for me because I'm like the center of the universe and feel the need to announce that like everyone needs to know blablabla

BAH HUMBUG TO YOU ALL!

Seriously though, can we stop complaining for one day because every single game we wanted isn't 75% right now and just be happy for one day?

[quote name='Motoki']Blablabla this is the worst sale EVER (until the next one) blablabla this sale sucks blablabla nothing for me because I'm like the center of the universe and feel the need to announce that like everyone needs to know blablabla

BAH HUMBUG TO YOU ALL!

Seriously though, can we stop complaining for one day because every single game we wanted isn't 75% right now and just be happy for one day?[/QUOTE]

dude coh was 80% off last year. it was 75% this year, and thats AFTER it being a fucking dollar for it, all its expansions and like 4 other fucking thq games. theres no excuse for this bullshit. i understand companies set the price, but when amazon has darksouls for 15 while steam has it for 20, or fucking SCRIBBLENAUTS (a fucking 13 dollar difference) the blame has to be shifted on valves behalf

[quote name='TheArmoredVirus']
dude coh was 80% off last year. it was 75% this year, and thats AFTER it being a fucking dollar for it, all its expansions and like 4 other fucking thq games. theres no excuse for this bullshit. i understand companies set the price, but when amazon has darksouls for 15 while steam has it for 20, or fucking SCRIBBLENAUTS (a fucking 13 dollar difference) the blame has to be shifted on valves behalf
[/QUOTE]

CoH was in the humble bundle THQ also....

[quote name='TheArmoredVirus']dude coh was 80% off last year. it was 75% this year, and thats AFTER it being a fucking dollar for it, all its expansions and like 4 other fucking thq games. theres no excuse for this bullshit. i understand companies set the price, but when amazon has darksouls for 15 while steam has it for 20, or fucking SCRIBBLENAUTS (a fucking 13 dollar difference) the blame has to be shifted on valves behalf[/QUOTE]

not_sure_if_serious_pug.jpg

I think it was the recession; economy improved this year, publishers [like all retailers] are not going as deep with discounts knowing people have the money.

[quote name='Motoki']Blablabla this is the worst sale EVER (until the next one) blablabla this sale sucks blablabla nothing for me because I'm like the center of the universe and feel the need to announce that like everyone needs to know blablabla

BAH HUMBUG TO YOU ALL!

Seriously though, can we stop complaining for one day because every single game we wanted isn't 75% right now and just be happy for one day?[/QUOTE]

Should we just pretend we like today's deals? Or are we not allowed to comment if we don't have any glowing reviews for today's deals?

All I can say is if people have this much nerdrage on Christmas day over a few dollars for digital games maybe you need to check yourself before you wreck yourself, stop being so entitled and appreciate the things you have.

[quote name='The End']Should we just pretend we like today's deals? Or are we not allowed to comment if we don't have any glowing reviews for today's deals?[/QUOTE]

Oh I give up.

The deals suck! This is an outrage! Grab the pitchforks! Let's go to Bellevue and lynch Gabe Newell on Christmas day! Bunt the witch!! Burn the witch!!

I'm going back to playing Giana. Have fun all of you with your Christmas bitch fest.

BAH HUMBUG TO YOU ALL!

I feel like 75% is a magic number for us here at CAG, and we do love our magic numbers. That being said, even not at 75% I am debating Dark Souls over on Amazon. That and maybe Arkham City GOTY, which I still don't own on the PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back