The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Junpei']Believe me, I'm the first to doubt them, but at least they're on par with Steam's :bouncy:

y5swh.png
[/QUOTE]

I'm still seeing 12,49 and you said 14,99 :p I'll just let it slip as a typo :p

[quote name='nategator']Yeah, need a solid card or crossfire.

Also, check out the korean ebay monitors too since they are half but not as good of quality.[/QUOTE]

How is it? Is the difference between 1080p and 1440p Staggering? I remember thinking 1080p and 720p would have no difference and when I finally got a 1080p monitor I was blown away.

[quote name='mac995555']How is it? Is the difference between 1080p and 1440p Staggering? I remember thinking 1080p and 720p would have no difference and when I finally got a 1080p monitor I was blown away.[/QUOTE]

Personally, I don't know. Might be the wrong place to ask since we are all, well, cheap.

Here are a couple of threads. The overclockers swear by it:

http://www.overclock.net/t/1177351/2560x1600-resolution-is-it-worth-it
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/355631-33-2560x1600-resolution-worth-money

Also, there are some threads on overclock.net going over the korean monitor options if you are inclined to check those out. Think less awesomeness, but way more value. And a couple dead pixels.

[quote name='darkling23']When you buy more than one thing or a 4-pack on gamersgate, you can't access all the keys yourself. You have to gift the others to people who then need to make a GG account to get the keys. I'm not sure if you can self-gift to your own e-mail address, though.[/QUOTE]

You sure that's how it works? Shouldn't one serial just give you a copy and put 3 in the inventory?

edit: in My Library. you can view 2 keys and then 6 are giftable via. GG

[quote name='MC Kage']You sure that's how it works? Shouldn't one serial just give you a copy and put 3 in the inventory?

edit: in My Library. you can view 2 keys and then 6 are giftable via. GG[/QUOTE]

Same for me.

[quote name='MC Kage']You sure that's how it works? Shouldn't one serial just give you a copy and put 3 in the inventory?

edit: in My Library. you can view 2 keys and then 6 are giftable via. GG[/QUOTE]

Cant you gift it to yourself?

System maintenance, we'll be back in about 30 minutes...

Thank you for your patience!
/ The GamersGate team

Yes. Downtime of another distributor is currently the most exciting there is in the "Steam Deals Thread".
I just wanted mah keys.

[quote name='Cybolt']Ah, looks like they are fixing the pricing error sooner than the previous one.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I don't want to be the guy who has to answer for this one. Why not pay someone minimum wage to watch the site and pull the power cord if it starts slowing down?

[quote name='mnemnoch']Cant you gift it to yourself?[/QUOTE]

I shall try...did one but of course the site is down now.

Good nite y'all...well mornin'

[quote name='Therapy']I'm still seeing 12,49 and you said 14,99 :p I'll just let it slip as a typo :p[/QUOTE]

Ah yes, that was it, spur of the moment and blah blah blah... O:)
Nowhere near to the aforementioned 4,99$, anyway, which in euro should be even less... :cry:

[quote name='Junpei']Ah yes, that was it, spur of the moment and blah blah blah... O:)
Nowhere near to the aforementioned 4,99$, anyway, which in euro should be even less... :cry:[/QUOTE]

True dat, but I'm sure that if you ask nicely, someone in here will help you get a copy :)

I might do so myself. But I'm still pondering whether it will be worth the hassle. I'm pretty sure it will end up in my backlog untill at least the summer sales anyway.

So, I was thinking of getting one of the Sims expansions. Already have Midieval and Pets. Should I get Generations, Seasons, Supernatural, or World Adventures? I'm leaning towards World Adventures.

Steam sales has been a fizzer this time around. talk about weak discounts (even with competition heating up this year ie Amazon , even incompetent GG haha).

[quote name='Therapy']I see... that means I'm going to have to take a closer look at Amazon :D Thanks!

Oh wait... While typing that I realised that I don't have a credit card and Amazon does not accept Paypal. Crap :([/QUOTE]

There are plenty of people here that do, and are willing to help...;)

[quote name='utopianmachine']So, I was thinking of getting one of the Sims expansions. Already have Midieval and Pets. Should I get Generations, Seasons, Supernatural, or World Adventures? I'm leaning towards World Adventures.[/QUOTE]

To me world World Adventures adds the most varied type of content such as exploring ruins. If I was only getting one expansion that would be it even though they all add something unique for the most part.

GMG has Borderlands 2 Season Pass on sale for 14.99 today. $10.50 with 30% off code. Hell of a deal. Base game is also 29.99.

[quote name='n4styn4t3']GMG has Borderlands 2 on sale for 14.99 today. $10.50 with 30% off code. Hell of a deal. Base game is also 29.99.[/QUOTE]

So its not a pricing error xD

[quote name='n4styn4t3']GMG has Borderlands 2 on sale for 14.99 today. $10.50 with 30% off code. Hell of a deal. Base game is also 29.99.[/QUOTE]

Is this sale taking place later today? I'm showing 50% off BL2 on GMG right now, $29.99 before code. *Edit N/M you meant Season Pass at 14.99

[quote name='DrummerX']Is this sale taking place later today? I'm showing 50% off BL2 on GMG right now, $29.99 before code. *Edit N/M you meant Season Pass at 14.99[/QUOTE]

Edited my post, sorry. The season pass is 14.99, base game is 29.99.

[quote name='n4styn4t3']Edited my post, sorry. The season pass is 14.99, base game is 29.99.[/QUOTE]

Yea spotted that right after I replied hehe. Still best non-gitch pricing with GMG's 30% off.

Missed out on the GG glitch this morning (that was way to early even for me) so picked up the BL2 Season Pass for 10.50 and the Mechromancer pack for 3.50.

Glad that Steam didn't run the BL2 DLC during the daily after all as it turned out to be cheaper.

[quote name='KirbyLovesTacos']What the hell happened? I went to sleep and woke up to tons of IMs telling me to go to GG to buy Borderlands 2. Was there another price mistake?[/QUOTE]
You'd know if you read the thread. ;)

I'm late to the FTL party. I notice that it's $5.99 on ftlgame.com right now. Does anyone think we'll see it at a lower price sometime during any of these sales or should I jump on this opportunity?

[quote name='Detruire']You'd know if you read the thread. ;)[/QUOTE]

As soon I saw the words GamersGate and Price Mistake, I skipped the next five pages of the thread. I knew there would be no mention of Steam sales there.

On an actual Steam note, I'd like to point out that acdsee is a terrible name for photo editing software. It's just bad.

[quote name='Broken Cage']
On an actual Steam note, I'd like to point out that acdsee is a terrible name for photo editing software. It's just bad.[/QUOTE]

I doubt they're going to change it now. This software's been around for a dog's age. It was one of the first PC-compatible photo editors I ever used.

Aha, sneaky. I had a confirmation for 2 4-packs and 2 season passes (3 for 4) with the elder geek code in place, but during the down time they changed that order to just two full price season passes.

Also, I didn't buy anything on steam today.

What is with gamersgate only giving me one BL2 key? for the others it says I need to enter their email?
that seems kind of shady does that work?
Dumped the one key I had for walking dead, not sure what to do with the others.

Did everyone get the bl2 4 pack?

[quote name='momouchi']I can't believe GG had another huge failure of pricing. You'd think they would have learned from the Beth pack.[/QUOTE]

It's happened too often to simply be incompetence. I'd be willing to put (a little) money on it being a marketing stunt of some kind.

[quote name='BridgetFisher']What is with gamersgate only giving me one BL2 key? for the others it says I need to enter their email?
that seems kind of shady does that work?
Dumped the one key I had for walking dead, not sure what to do with the others.

Did everyone get the bl2 4 pack?[/QUOTE]

nah woke up to late, if im not mistaken wasnt the bethesda pack an error early in the morning??

is this because of the turnover to new deals in the morning??

if so what time does that occur, wana try to jump on this and get lucky next time

[quote name='Detruire']It's happened too often to simply be incompetence. I'd be willing to put (a litt) money on it being a marketing stunt of some kind.[/QUOTE]

I'd been thinking that too, but that is still a lot of money to lose. I don't think it would make good business sense at this point with 2 big "screw-ups".

[quote name='Biglen23']nah woke up to late, if im not mistaken wasnt the bethesda pack an error early in the morning??

is this because of the turnover to new deals in the morning??

if so what time does that occur, wana try to jump on this and get lucky next time[/QUOTE]
The Bethesda pack was about 12 hours out from when this one occurred. This one occurred around the time that the daily prices changed.

[quote name='Detruire']It's happened too often to simply be incompetence. I'd be willing to put (a little) money on it being a marketing stunt of some kind.[/QUOTE]

All those sales should be preloaded, so it's likely a database error.

[quote name='Detruire']The Bethesda pack was about 12 hours out from when this one occurred. This one occurred around the time that the daily prices changed.[/QUOTE]

oo ok thanks,

If anyone looking to sell one of the extra games they got in the 4pack just send me a message

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back