The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='gentlyporking']Damn, super disappointed by this sale. My No. 1 target was X-Com. Was hoping to snag it for a better price than Steam is slinging.

Is it cheaper anywhere else at the moment?[/QUOTE]

It was $25 at Amazon & GetGamesGo earlier this week I believe. Dunno about now.

Thinkin' about grabbing the BL2 SP from GMG but I have to see how this GG fiasco turns out.

[quote name='MC Kage']Maybe you'll like it...
who am I kidding lol.

Is Darkness II worth keeping for a playthrough?[/QUOTE]

Yes. Decent length for a shooter these days (6-10hr), kind of crazy story, but fun gameplay. Don't feel like you missed out if you didn't play the first one either, because they do a recap/summary of it at the beginning.

who am I kidding lol.

Darkness II is one of my favorite FPS games of this generation. The gameplay with the tentacles + dual wielding weapons is awesome. The light damaging you while the shadows heal you is like a reverse Alan Wake.

Edit: I will say, I think Darkness II definitely benefits from playing the first game. Not so much in major story moments, but so that you really grasp Jackie's relationship with Jenny and the Darkness.

who am I kidding lol.

Emphatic yes. Tons of fun to play. Could try the demo first if you're unsure.

[quote name='Broken Cage']Darkness II is one of my favorite FPS games of this generation. The gameplay with the tentacles + dual wielding weapons is awesome. The light damaging you while the shadows heal you is like a reverse Alan Wake.

Edit: I will say, I think Darkness II definitely benefits from playing the first game. Not so much in major story moments, but so that you really grasp Jackie's relationship with Jenny and the Darkness.[/QUOTE]

I wish Darkness 1 would get a PC port...

[quote name='gentlyporking']Damn, super disappointed by this sale. My No. 1 target was X-Com. Was hoping to snag it for a better price than Steam is slinging.[/QUOTE]
Can't believe it won't be an Amazon Editor's Choice for at least the same sale price it is now plus the coupon.

[quote name='pantsattack']Does anyone have experience/recommends for Tom Clancy's shooters? I have all the Splinter Cells ATM.[/QUOTE]

I've played Ghost Recon and the Vegas titles. I actually enjoy Future Soldier quite a bit. I also like the first Rainbow Six Vegas, it's a game you have to take slowly and methodically, as you can get dropped pretty quickly in open combat.

I own the GRAW titles, but I haven't played them yet, and the earlier Ghost Recon games are more strategy than shooter (IIRC).

[quote name='Captain Urahara']Darkness 2 was a fun shooter. It gets my recommendation.[/QUOTE]

I can't take anything you say seriously with that avatar. lol

[quote name='MC Kage']It didn't. But now... damn CAG's lol.[/QUOTE]
Then it'd pay to try the demo (if there is one) or watch a gameplay video or two.;)

Nothing to see behind these spoiler tags.

Binding of Isaac + DLC = I80WG-QIQG3-T2ALW
Cave Story+ = XM3TI-QNW3G-QNNE9
Legend of Grimrock = HV602-V6ZI5-8IY5Y

Not much I know but, enjoy!

[quote name='Hop25']Nothing to see behind these spoiler tags.

Not much I know but, enjoy![/QUOTE]

Thanks bro, got Cavestory, I've been wanting that game for a while.

I missed Grimrock, but thanks.

Would have liked Cave Story+ but missed it :(

I already own BoI, and I didn't try LoG. Thanks anyway!

[quote name='utopianmachine']Man. Too bad people are charging so much for a BL2 copy in the group buy thread. :([/QUOTE]

That's just the way it goes now days.

[quote name='Severose']Hoarders gonna hoard[/QUOTE]

Basically.

[quote name='Therapy']So people got (multiple?) 4-packs of BL2 for $11, and try selling them for $15 a piece? Wow, they're not CAG worthy. I would like a copy of BL for a couple of bucks but if they're so intent on making a profit it sounds to me like they should be boycotted. Let them keep their junk untill the prices have dropped and still don't buy them.

Although I'm afraid not many people will have such restraint and will buy them anyway.[/QUOTE]

Very true even with price gouging it is still a better deal than any site has given so far. If I was dying to play the game right now I would probably bite.

[quote name='MysterD']I wish Darkness 1 would get a PC port...[/QUOTE]

I completely agree! That game is very underrated. I can't wait to play the second one. :)

[quote name='evildeadjedi']
I completely agree! That game is very underrated. I can't wait to play the second one. :)[/QUOTE]
Since I am a PC gamer only these days and age, I never played Darkness 1.... :(

[quote name='Idiotekque']Nuuuu I missed Cave Story+. T~T

EDIT: Well at least it wasn't lurked, lol.[/QUOTE]

Is that Tanner in your avatar...?

who am I kidding lol.

I think the Darkness II is a lot of fun, but it's not very long - maybe 6 hours - and there's not a lot to do after that.

Vendetta missions, I guess, if that's your thing.

Dangit! Too late for Grimrock :( wanted that. Thanks anyways!

who am I kidding lol.
[/QUOTE]

't was YOU :D thanks again!

2AM, calling it a day. Goodnight, CAG friends! And remember: drop me a mail if you see a european bargain / american ripoff :D

I know it's my own fault, but morale for the meta-game of getting a decent deal is pretty low over here. There's really something to be said for the opportunity costs of reading the forums and hunting around for prices and waiting on things to save $3 on a 4-hour game. Sure, the $3 could buy two more such games, but maybe the four hours is better spent playing the thing than it is flipping indie titles for a dollar of profit. At least some maniac bought a TF2 crate from me for a dollar on the marketplace!

I've only bought about $10 worth of stuff for myself so far, between amazon and steam, plus some presents. The bethesda nonsense was kind of fun, but now that that's all dried up, I'm just hoping to get my money back, I guess. GG has removed my packs without issuing any refunds. Of course, when they do, I'm guess I'm going to get stuck with some blue coins I don't want. Hm.

Spoiler alert!

XIII Century Gold
DQVYP-9FQM9-JQD7Z
Earth 2160
259ET-9XTVC-ZN2JG
The Binding of Isaac + Wrath of the Lamb DLC
RTJ29-9T7KI-93LEF
Offspring Fling!
BQTTV-LR2VR-PZAB5
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
...just kidding...
Titan Quest
6PM75-6Q6QA-GI6HA

Woops, someone sent me a Cave Story+ key and I didn't even realize that they were just added to HIB 7. I feel stupid. :roll:

If anyone wants Cave Story+, PM me!

[quote name='Idiotekque']Woops, someone sent me a Cave Story+ key and I didn't even realize that they were just added to HIB 7. I feel stupid. :roll:

If anyone wants Cave Story+, PM me![/QUOTE]

:lol: I was just trying to give you mine too.

You should have figured there was a reason a bunch of people were giving it away all sudden, come on now. :p

[quote name='g6grim']Spoiler alert!

XIII Century Gold
DQVYP-9FQM9-JQD7Z
Earth 2160
259ET-9XTVC-ZN2JG
RTJ29-9T7KI-93LEF
Offspring Fling!
BQTTV-LR2VR-PZAB5
...just kidding...
Titan Quest
6PM75-6Q6QA-GI6HA
[/QUOTE]

Got Binding of Isaac, thanks!

XIII Century Gold
DQVYP-9FQM9-JQD7Z
Earth 2160
259ET-9XTVC-ZN2JG
RTJ29-9T7KI-93LEF
Offspring Fling!
BQTTV-LR2VR-PZAB5
...just kidding...
Titan Quest
6PM75-6Q6QA-GI6HA
[/QUOTE]

:applause: You got me all excited with Kingdoms of Amalur.

XIII Century Gold
DQVYP-9FQM9-JQD7Z
Earth 2160
259ET-9XTVC-ZN2JG
RTJ29-9T7KI-93LEF
Offspring Fling!
BQTTV-LR2VR-PZAB5
...just kidding...
Titan Quest
6PM75-6Q6QA-GI6HA
[/QUOTE]
Grabbed XIII, thanks!

[quote name='Motoki']:lol: I was just trying to give you mine too.

You should have figured there was a reason a bunch of people were giving it away all sudden, come on now. :p[/QUOTE]
Shoulda. :lol:

(I know Cave Story+ was in an old bundle, so that's what I thought it was from, lol.)

Someone PM me if you want a Cave Story+ or Basement Collection key!

XIII Century Gold
DQVYP-9FQM9-JQD7Z
Earth 2160
259ET-9XTVC-ZN2JG
RTJ29-9T7KI-93LEF
Offspring Fling!
BQTTV-LR2VR-PZAB5
...just kidding...
Titan Quest
6PM75-6Q6QA-GI6HA
[/QUOTE]

I missed out on these keys, but thank you anyway!

[quote name='MysterD']Since I am a PC gamer only these days and age, I never played Darkness 1.... :([/QUOTE]

It was one of the first games I got when I owned a 360.

Perfect Dark Zero, Dead Rising, and Prey were my first three games I bought.

Next game was The Darkness.

I didn't really like Perfect Dark Zero. Prey was very good I wish the Steam store still sold keys for that one.

I was a huge fan of Dead Rising also. It's too bad that one didn't get ported to PC either.

I picked up The Darkness for two main reasons:

1. I enjoyed the comic.

2. Mike fucking Patton (singer and musician for Faith No More, Mr. Bungle, Tomahawk, Peeping Tom, Fantomas, etc) voiced The Darkness. I'm a big fan of most music projects he has had through the years.

It was very fun but short. Easily worth the 12 bucks I paid for the game.

Just throwing out a recommendation for Space Marine before it's gone. I got it from amazon in the THQ medley pack for $5 after coupon, but Space Marine was the only game I didn't already own. I am completely blown away by the production values on this game. The graphics are great and it is just FUN in a totally shallow way. The enemy designs are super repetitive but I'd definitely recommend it even at $7.50.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']I picked up The Darkness for two main reasons:

1. I enjoyed the comic.

2. Mike fucking Patton (singer and musician for Faith No More, Mr. Bungle, Tomahawk, Peeping Tom, Fantomas, etc) voiced The Darkness. I'm a big fan of most music projects he has had through the years.

It was very fun but short. Easily worth the 12 bucks I paid for the game.[/QUOTE]

You mean the fact that they put full length films in the game did nothing to interest you? Granted, the TV screen is like two inches big, but still, they're full length movies!!!

And this isn't a code for Indie Game: The Movie...
TC9Q9-DLMMX-RKPN4

I've got Binding of Isaac with Wrath of Lamb DLC as well... Just do that whole silly message thing.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']0
I picked up The Darkness for two main reasons:

1. I enjoyed the comic.

It was very fun but short. Easily worth the 12 bucks I paid for the game.[/QUOTE]

Seriously? I didn't know Mike Patton voiced that game. I will have to dig it out of the backlog.

I did also think it was cool that they gave a key to redeem on Comixology for a digital version of the comic at least in the cheap CE I got from Newegg.

[quote name='Motoki']Seriously? I didn't know Mike Patton voiced that game. I will have to dig it out of the backlog.[/QUOTE]

They pushed it pretty hard when the game first came out. I remember Mike doing interviews about his process of finding the voice. It is a really fucking awesome voice, too. I can still hear him saying "You belong to me, Jackie" in my dreams.

Also, the Cave Story guys not numbering the tracks on their soundtrack is really killing my OCD.

[quote name='Broken Cage']They pushed it pretty hard when the game first came out. I remember Mike doing interviews about his process of finding the voice. It is a really fucking awesome voice, too. I can still hear him saying "You belong to me, Jackie" in my dreams.[/QUOTE]

I think Faith No More in Philly in the early 90s was the first concert I ever went to. Good times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back