The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
First concert was Frampton Comes Alive in 1993 with my parents. Hardly remember any of it. The first one I bought tickets to was Ozzfest 2005. Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Slipknot, Black Label Society...it was so good I went again the next year when Dragonforce, SOAD, A7X, and Disturbed joined in. Epic shows.

[quote name='Motoki']Seriously? I didn't know Mike Patton voiced that game. I will have to dig it out of the backlog.

I did also think it was cool that they gave a key to redeem on Comixology for a digital version of the comic at least in the cheap CE I got from Newegg.[/QUOTE]

He did an amazing job. Never even used any special effects on the voice. IT IS REALLY HIM.

This audio could cause nightmares:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LZOsPBN2X0

Patton voice preview for The Darkness 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWqlTn_dxNg

[quote name='Motoki']I think Showtime is a decent expansion. It's got a celebrity/fame system along the lines of the old Sims 1: Superstar expansion, plus you can play out the performing careers. But if those aspects don't interest you as much Ambitions and Generations are good and Seasons reportedly is too.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply. I might pass on Showtime for the time being, I really like how Generations and Ambitions sound.

So I finally figured out my Skyrim problem, after restarting Steam 5 more times and reverting to an earlier save, it magically worked.

I also bet Dawnguard. I loved Dawnguard, and thought it was an awesome questline. Then again it's still only worth $5-10 max. Not the $20 retail they were asking when it first came out (that's just due to the amount of content). Actually I think this questline is the best optional questline or close to it.

Now I wonder if I will actually do the main questline, or come back to it in another year, lol.

[quote name='Broken Cage']Any favorites? Aside from some easter eggs like Blockhead off of the Creepers, I haven't found guns that do anything more unique than fire multiple rounds, and a few E-Tech AR's that have ricochet. (Ignoring the obvious Conference Call that everyone has.)[/QUOTE]

It's probably less spectacular at 50, but I got a Thunderball Fists legendary pistol as a random drop at the beginning of TVHM, and it was awesome. It shoots lightning orbs that do AoE shock damage to everything near the impact zone and has a cool visual effect attached to it. I got it as a level 36 pistol that I used until I was level 46 (the damage stayed on par with random epics up to level 43, then began to fall off). I need to farm a level 50 one up sometime.

[quote name='Blade']First concert was Frampton Comes Alive in 1993 with my parents. Hardly remember any of it. The first one I bought tickets to was Ozzfest 2005. Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Slipknot, Black Label Society...it was so good I went again the next year when Dragonforce, SOAD, A7X, and Disturbed joined in. Epic shows.[/QUOTE]

Damn y'all are old

[quote name='theemadgamer']Yeah, well I don't feel bad about Kansas, now get off my lawn!! :oldman:[/QUOTE]

I knew you looked familiar!

[quote name='theemadgamer']Lurked, but thanks![/QUOTE]

If you still need BOI + DLC key send me a pm. I have an extra set from the Humble Bundle.

[quote name='Broken Cage']Well now I don't feel so bad about No Doubt. At least The Vandals and CIV opened for No Doubt.[/QUOTE]

The Vandals put on good show. Very cool laid back guys as well.

My first show I can actually remember was Anthrax and Public Enemy. Rap metal before it became kinda chic.

The Parents took me and my sister with them to Van Halen back in '86 but I was too young to remember much.

[quote name='melvinmelon123']Really tempted to bite on Orcs Must Die 2 before it goes away. Anyone recommend or caution against it?[/QUOTE]

Great game if you like the tower defense/action hack-n-slash genre. Pretty much no complaints... well... except for the excessive DLC milking but since you're getting the complete pack for cheap now that's not a concern.

[quote name='melvinmelon123']Really tempted to bite on Orcs Must Die 2 before it goes away. Anyone recommend or caution against it?[/QUOTE]

Only $5 if you split a complete 2pack with someone. I'd say it's worth it.

Anyone ever play Demigod. I got it in the Stardock bundle a few days ago and am debating about firing it up or playing something else in my backlog

Mike Patton also voiced:

Left 4 Dead 1 and 2 - Several of the infected.

Portal - The Anger Core

I am Legend - Creatures

Bionic Commando Remake - Nathan Spencer

I would go in on the 2 pack with you if your interested or anyone else for that matter.

[quote name='oman19']Anyone ever play Demigod. I got it in the Stardock bundle a few days ago and am debating about firing it up or playing something else in my backlog[/QUOTE]

Community is largely dead and/or likely to stop the ever loving piss out of newbies right now. I'd only fire it up if you're bringing friends.

[quote name='Frithsblessing']What is the GMG code? I'd like to get BD.[/QUOTE]

Yes, the Binary Domain is at a good price at Green Man Gaming. The 30% coupon is the following:

GMG30-DPLIM-DN831

After applying the coupon, BD is only $4.37.

If you are new to gmg, you can click through a referrer link (I remember there is one here in this thread, also here is mine if you want http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=xeniroco :oops: ), buy the game, and get extra $2.00 in store credit after the purchase.

Patton was amazing in Bionic Commando in the off-hand quip dialogue. The actual story was pretty crap and he just had to work with what he was given, but when he shouts "NAILED YA!" when you nail an enemy it makes it all worth it.

I will continue the Sims 3 line of questioning...

I bought the game for PS3 last week at TRU but haven't opened it yet. I'm kind-of thinking now that I would prefer to have it on my Windows 7 laptop for more portable play but is anyone familiar with any differences between the two that would make me want to stick with the PS3 version?

Also, I registered my Steam version of Sims Medieval on Origin earlier today. Should I be able to see my game list on the Origin website (like I can at Steampowered.com) or will I only see that after I install the client?

Probably will grab Giana sisters since it's on flash sale, and torn between voting for Crusader Kings II and Civ V, want dlc for both.

Nice update, I bit on both Giana Sisters and Tony Hawk.

I have no interest in any of the current games up for vote, so I'll throw my vote in with whatever the majority here say they want.

[quote name='Motoki']It's cheaper on the Steam flash deal even after the GMG 30%.[/QUOTE]

You're right! When I first refreshed it, it was at $8.99! Yes get it on steam.

[quote name='Bort_']is Tony Hawk any good?
I think I'm getting that one and Giana Sisters.[/QUOTE]

The physics are off, and there's pretty bad screen tearing that can be fixed with an .ini tweak. It could be a lot better, but it's a decent bit of nostalgia for $5.

In for the THPSHDDLC and Giana Sisters; would've considered Driver if I didn't have it.

Finally picked up FTL on the daily. No regrets - I just lost two hours on easy mode before I died. It is fun and strangely addictive.

I briefly considered Driver San Francisco, but I probably wouldn't be playing it right away and it feels like that's about due for a base price drop. I wouldn't be surprised if it dropped to $20 the day after the sale.

I'll wait until the Summer sale on that one.

Ended up voting Civ V. I figure even if CK2 won the latest dlc likely wouldn't see a discount anyway. Glad I was able to grab Giana sisters.

[quote name='Bioterror']Should I get Xcom, or does anyone think it'll be cheaper a little later?[/QUOTE]

It's already been cheaper on Gamefly and Amazon, and both activate on Steam. It won't be cheaper on Steam than this price, and was already a flash deal for the same price. Odds are it won't be back at this price this sale.

[quote name='The End']I briefly considered Driver San Francisco, but I probably wouldn't be playing it right away and it feels like that's about due for a base price drop. I wouldn't be surprised if it dropped to $20 the day after the sale.

I'll wait until the Summer sale on that one.[/QUOTE]

Did you miss the $1 Uplay sale over the summer?

[quote name='Bioterror']Should I get Xcom, or does anyone think it'll be cheaper a little later?[/QUOTE]

Cheaper on others, not steam

I am seriously thinking I may finally bite on Civ 5 if it gets the vote. I played some of 3 and 4 and both were just to complex for my taste. I have read that 5 is a bit easier. I wish the Civ game from the 360 would come to steam as that was a game i really enjoyed.

[quote name='Motoki']Did you miss the $1 Uplay sale over the summer?[/QUOTE]

No, I didn't miss it. But I didn't include that little bit of info because I thought it would make me seem pathetic for wanting a copy on Steam when I already got a copy for $1. lol

So I tried Offspring Fling, and well I don't think I could ever play that game again. It's not that it's bad, it's cute, has fun music, and I am sure the game is fine. It's just whenever I play it, the gameplay reminds me of Noah's Ark from the Bible Adventures NES game.

Oh god the pain... :lol:

Also why is Giana Sisters 4 gigs, it's a platformer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back