The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's Binding of Isaac + DLC 5FJHZ-V3QXV-RP7VI
And here's Cave Story+ HPH4M-HMWL3-DG2A2

Oh and Sleeping Lights On check yer message box

[quote name='jefexp']Caved and bought Far Cry 3 on amazon. That extra 10 for it to just log my hours on steam isn't worth it lol and that money could be used on another potential buy.[/QUOTE]

UPlay also keeps track of your playing time; but I do understand the STEAM tracking part.

Thanks
Grabbed Isaac

[quote name='dopehat']Here's Binding of Isaac + DLC 5FJHZ-V3QXV-RP7VI
And here's Cave Story+ HPH4M-HMWL3-DG2A2

Oh and Sleeping Lights On check yer message box[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Motoki']In before someone says you don't need it on Steam bla bla bla

But I feel the same.[/QUOTE]

Fact is I am fairly sure that I have bought games that I don't remember. Too much to keep track of to not have it in a unified client.

I have enough databases and lists to manage for work .. don't want to have to do it for my hobby as well :headache:

[quote name='AdvOfJet']Fact is I am fairly sure that I have bought games that I don't remember. Too much to keep track of to not have it in a unified client.

I have enough databases and lists to manage for work .. don't want to have to do it for my hobby as well :headache:[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way...but I guess it isn't too bad since I also have AC3 on Uplay. It's just annoying to me that these other companies try to compete with Steam but hey, it's inevitable. Too many damn clients!!

As long as we are on the topic of I want it on Steam so I can log my hours and its part of my "collection."
How can I get rid of this deep want for this. I could save vast amounts of money if I could get rid of this neurosis. HALP ME.
Adding games to steam as non-steam is not an option.
I bought The Secret World for full retail and AGAIN for 50% just because of this.

[quote name='Idiotekque']You don't need it on Steam bla bla bla[/QUOTE]
Nobody needs any game on steam, well except for the steamworks ones. It's just nice to have.

[quote name='sleeping_lights_on']As long as we are on the topic of I want it on Steam so I can log my hours and its part of my "collection."
How can I get rid of this deep want for this. I could save vast amounts of money if I could get rid of this neurosis. HALP ME.
Adding games to steam as non-steam is not an option.[/QUOTE]

Just get used to using 3 clients: STEAM, Origin, UPlay. They work pretty good.

I'd rather just get a game super cheap. Whatever is the cheapest. That HASN'T been Steam's deal this sale....

But as said before... TSW is a mighty fine game.

[quote name='Terlan']Nobody needs any game on steam, well except for the steamworks ones. It's just nice to have.[/QUOTE]
The sentiment is mostly based upon the fact that it's an MMO and has its own launcher, updater, etc. Steam doesn't give you anything on top of that, and you can just add it as a non-Steam game if you want the Steam UI.

Or at least that's how some people feel. Me? Of course not.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']Just get used to using 3 clients: STEAM, Origin, UPlay. They work pretty good.[/QUOTE]
No love for Desura? :cry:

Gah, trying to decide on GalCiv collection. So tempting, and I doubt it'll ever be cheaper, but I also know I'll likely never play the damn thing.

[quote name='sleeping_lights_on']As long as we are on the topic of I want it on Steam so I can log my hours and its part of my "collection."
Adding games to steam as non-steam is not an option.
I bought The Secret World for full retail and AGAIN for 50% just because of this.[/QUOTE]

You could always use Raptr. It logs your time and keeps track of what games you have played.

[quote name='Idiotekque']In before someone says add it as a non-Steam game and stop bitching.[/QUOTE]

That too, though I considered that inclusive of you don't need it on (your) Steam (account).

Personally I don't think it's anyone's business what one person does or doesn't want on Steam and why but some people feel it is their god given mission in life to inform people about their opinions on others not needing a game on Steam or that they should make a shortcut.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']Just get used to using 3 clients: STEAM, Origin, UPlay. They work pretty good.[/QUOTE]

but see with origin you get your account hacked an its IMPOSSIBLE to get it back
and uplay you can't change your user name (just kind of annoying since my emails are tied to random letter names i made for using uplay on consoles from before it was even a client)

Origin can go fuck itself
i'm sure uplay will end up great (i just hope they take the modest route and only have ubisoft games on it)

[quote name='Motoki']... some people feel it is their god given mission in life to inform people about their opinions on others not needing a game on Steam or that they should make a shortcut.[/QUOTE]
Don't forget the people who's God given mission is to inform others about why they need games on Steam and why they don't need shortcuts. :)

[quote name='Idiotekque']No love for Desura? :cry:[/QUOTE]

One of these days I need to get around to actually sorting through my Desura games. I know I have a ton of them on there from bundles but have not idea which I might have ..

[quote name='CheapLikeAFox']In before unnecessary preemptive whining... oh wait, too late :)[/QUOTE]

In before I put you back on ignore again for being a rude pissy female dog who is very selective about which whining you whine about.

[quote name='tham1988']but see with origin you get your account hacked an its IMPOSSIBLE to get it back
and uplay you can't change your user name (just kind of annoying since my emails are tied to random letter names i made for using uplay on consoles from before it was even a client)

Origin can go fuck itself
i'm sure uplay will end up great (i just hope they take the modest route and only have ubisoft games on it)[/QUOTE]

Buy your Origin games on Amazon. If the above happens, just get new keys from Tony for free.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']In before Fox happily gives me a Dishonored KEY.[/QUOTE]

Gamersgate stole back all my giftable Dishonored keys :(

[quote name='Idiotekque']Don't forget the people who's God given mission is to inform others about why they need games on Steam and why they don't need shortcuts. :)[/QUOTE]

I'm so confused, they sound like the same thing to me :)

[quote name='Motoki']In before I put you back on ignore again for being a rude pissy female dog who is very selective about which whining you whine about.[/QUOTE]

Happy New Year to you too!

So wait, the only Quake game that is 75% off is the first one? lol

That can't be right. They just haven't fixed the price on the rest of the games, right?

^^^^
I voted CS

So wait, the only Quake game that is 75% off is the first one? lol

That can't be right. They just haven't fixed the price on the rest of the games, right?
Ya, I too was hoping all the Quake games would get a deeper discount.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']Buy your Origin games on Amazon. If the above happens, just get new keys from Tony for free.[/QUOTE]

if he actually does that, I might actually buy some ea games

[quote name='u.v.bunny']Need for Speed games on flash sale, thoughts anyone?[/QUOTE]

Ah, from the pic I thought it was just Hot Pursuit.

[quote name='KaOTiK']wow they really did just put Quake on sale and nothing else from it, wtf Steam[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was like wut? Was thinking about the Quake pack.

[quote name='The End']So wait, the only Quake game that is 75% off is the first one? lol

That can't be right. They just haven't fixed the price on the rest of the games, right?[/QUOTE]

Hah! Steam fooled me on this too. LOL They gotta be rolling in their servers.

Worst Steam sale ever, bar none. Nobody tell me it's because I own everything because I don't. If you don't objectively see how this has been the worst major Steam sale to date then you haven't been following the past sales for the last few years. Fortunately Amazon, GMG, and GG (lulz) have provided alternatives this winter sale season.

[quote name='Mooby']Worst Steam sale ever, bar none. Nobody tell me it's because I own everything because I don't. If you don't objectively see how this has been the worst major Steam sale to date then you haven't been following the past sales for the last few years.[/QUOTE]

don't worry
its my first steam sale (not counting the fall one which was actually better I think)
and this is pretty awful
the repeats are getting absurd
and it is insanely weighted towards strategy games

I am glad that I am not the only one going crazy that its just Quake 1 that's on sale for 75% off and not the Collection. I'd buy the Quake Collection for $7.49 but definitely not the original game for $2.49.

[quote name='BernardoOne']Anyone else voting for Dota 2?[/QUOTE]

While I don't care much for Dota 2 or the way it's being handled right now, I voted for it anyway. Wasn't it only 50% off as a (bi)daily deal a few days ago?

[quote name='Hellacious']I am glad that I am not the only one going crazy that its just Quake 1 that's on sale for 75% off and not the Collection. I'd buy the Quake Collection for $7.49 but definitely not the original game for $2.49.[/QUOTE]

i'm not surprised
i was planning on picking up mass effect 1 and 2 for $10 and they were dicks (i know i missed it earlier)

I mean... I held out hope that they would start putting in some new games the next few days but I don't see it. My guess is the next five or so days are just going to be games that have already been put up for sale. I'm thinking they've cycled through everything by now but I'm sure that's not the case so you'll see stuff like... Gianna Sisters as a daily and uh... KOTOR as a flash, etc. Probably also have dailies for Snapshot and Closure, too.

[quote name='Idiotekque']In before Motoki and/or Mooby publicly threaten to ignore people-

Oh, too late. :cry:[/QUOTE]

Don't start. We just become BFFs and now you want to ruin the honeymoon? I'm hurt.

But seriously. If I want game X in Steam for whatever reasons that's my own god damned business and I don't care if other people don't like it or think it makes no sense. It's my money to spend or not spend how I want.

I'm not sure why this issue bugs some people so much.I don't try to tell other people where they should buy their games so it would be kind of nice to have the same respect.

OK, so what's with two (yes, 2) Toys R Us threads being stickied at the top of the "Video Game Deal" forum, and the Steam Thread not?? Those 2 threads together only get 19,679 views, while this one thread gets 351,669 and that's damn near just 2 weeks after having started (V6 roll-over) and with one of the biggest sales of the year currently going specific to that thread. wtf? What determines which threads get stickied?

[quote name='Teeheehee']While I don't care much for Dota 2 or the way it's being handled right now, I voted for it anyway. Wasn't it only 50% off as a (bi)daily deal a few days ago?[/QUOTE]

isn't it supposed to be free to play?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back