The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='asheskitty']$1 Uplay sale or GTFO.[/QUOTE]

I remember when HAWX 2 Deluxe; Driver: San Fran Deluxe; and Silent Hunter 5 were $1 on Uplay!

[quote name='wuxbustah8']From Dust seemed fun on the 360 demo. Anyone played PC?[/QUOTE]

I liked the 360 demo but I figured it would be cheaper on PC. Plays well on PC. I used a 360 controller. After you finish the game there are a bunch of challenge islands, where you meet a specific goal.

IIRC game requires creating/using a uplay account.

Yay time off from work, actually finished a couple steam games. Oath In Felghana and Spec Ops... both very solid, though I did prefer Y's Origin slightly over Oath. The multiple character play throughs for Origin overcomes the whole "This whole game is just this one tower?" vibe enough to put it over Oath's more cohesive "overworld" sort of structure.

Spec Ops does come in a bit on the short side, under 5 hours on normal difficulty but I absolutely dug the whole deconstructionist thing it did. Still for the prices both have seen over the sale, certainly don't regret either purchase and actually finishing a couple games makes me feel better about the money spent so far.

[quote name='Sophita']Poor Freedom Force, Really great game though played 1 this year and loved it despite not being into comics at all. Still easily worth the 3.50 or so for the freedom pack despite not winning the sale.[/QUOTE]

Whoa Sophita. I was just thinking the other day I wonder what ever happened to Sophita. And Baby Jane. But mostly Sophita.

[quote name='asheskitty']$1 Uplay sale or GTFO.[/QUOTE]

I used to get random Russians bugging me to trade my TF2 crap all the time and I'd generally ignore them, but one of them offered me From Dust and even though it was probably worth far less than the hats I would never use anyway, I caved and traded for it.

That's the only reason I have it. I usually try to avoid Ubisoft outside of $1 sales.

I really should play it someday...

[quote name='walkonshadows']awesome work, but who's the Klingon in your avatar?[/QUOTE]

Everyone knows Klingons have ridges!
Except that one time when they didn't.

I need to stop buying games. I can't even remember everything I've boughten in the last 10 days without looking at my sub list.

Ugh Fable series is something I wont spend money on anymore. Esp 12.5 for Fable 3.

I too have everything on the dailies and Far Cry isnt enough to get me to bite. I have gotten more from GMG and Amazon this time around.

[quote name='Motoki']Whoa Sophita. I was just thinking the other day I wonder what ever happened to Sophita. And Baby Jane. But mostly Sophita.

I used to get random Russians bugging me to trade my TF2 crap all the time and I'd generally ignore them, but one of them offered me From Dust and even though it was probably worth far less than the hats I would never use anyway, I caved and traded for it.

That's the only reason I have it. I usually try to avoid Ubisoft outside of $1 sales.

I really should play it someday...[/QUOTE]

Let me know when the next UbiSoft $1 sale is. ;)

[quote name='KaOTiK']I need to stop buying games. I can't even remember everything I've boughten in the last 10 days without looking at my sub list.[/QUOTE]

:D I'm in the same boat.

I've bought a lot of Steam games this winter sale then decided to play KOA: R on Origin which I bought a couple months ago.

[quote name='Palinn']Wow, this is completely awesome. Thanks! I'm seeing mucho green in my search list.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I see a lot of green too, which is why I made it.

I'm thinking about adding a "total spent on Steam" bar to the account page, which tallies up the total amount that you've spent in all of your transactions and prints a total.

[quote name='jshackles']Thanks! I see a lot of green too, which is why I made it.

I'm thinking about adding a "total spent on Steam" bar to the account page, which tallies up the total amount that you've spent in all of your transactions and prints a total.[/QUOTE]

Err, I will be passing on that plugin. I would rather be blissfully ignorant than :shock:

Actually, I already have that with Slice. Of course that tallies up everything you spend online but in my case it's mostly on games. :p

[quote name='Motoki']Err, I will be passing on that plugin. I would rather be blissfully ignorant than :shock:

Actually, I already have that with Slice. Of course that tallies up everything you spend online but in my case it's mostly on games. :p[/QUOTE]

Splice looks pretty sweet! I just wrote the quick and dirty script, and my lifetime total spent is $2,095.93.

Damn...

[quote name='tham1988']frozen synapse looks pretty sweet
any opinions?[/QUOTE]

I had a good time with it in the beta, but when the game officially released the servers couldn't handle it and their solution was less than ideal. Jumping in new you should be ok, it just sucked losing games and stats and whatnot.

[quote name='tham1988']frozen synapse looks pretty sweet
any opinions?[/QUOTE]

Frozen Synapse is great, not a huge community and it's definitely more fun with another person but the campaign is fun as well. Its a very challenging strategy game.

On another note, I haven't seen this posted but there are two games up for free on Desura if anyone is interested.

http://www.desura.com/games/init
http://www.desura.com/games/the-tower

[quote name='jshackles']Splice looks pretty sweet! I just wrote the quick and dirty script, and my lifetime total spent is $2,095.93.

Damn...[/QUOTE]

Don't want to think about how much I spent LALALALA NOT LISTENING LALALA

Actually I probably will look, then cringe and feel bad for 5 minutes.

Then go back to spending more money to make myself feel better.

Ah, Fable III is tempting... only briefly tried the original and it didn't stick with me, but it still looks tempting every time. Graphics always look quite nice. Even so, not this sale. It's not going anywhere.

[quote name='Motoki']Don't want to think about how much I spent LALALALA NOT LISTENING LALALA

Actually I probably will look, then cringe and feel bad for 5 minutes.

Then go back to spending more money to make myself feel better.[/QUOTE]

If I found out how much I have spent, I'd eventually accidentally tell my partner, and then it would turn into every sitcom where one spouse finds out the other has a lot of credit card debt or something... but you know, with more homicide.

[quote name='jshackles']Thanks! I see a lot of green too, which is why I made it.

I'm thinking about adding a "total spent on Steam" bar to the account page, which tallies up the total amount that you've spent in all of your transactions and prints a total.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Motoki']Err, I will be passing on that plugin. I would rather be blissfully ignorant than :shock:

Actually, I already have that with Slice. Of course that tallies up everything you spend online but in my case it's mostly on games. :p[/QUOTE]

Very ambitious but I'm not sure my heart could handle that kind of information!

[quote name='Motoki']Then go back to spending more money to make myself feel better.[/QUOTE]

"Retail therapy" eh? A good deal usually does improve my mood, though it can sometimes ruin it for a few hours if/when I get burned. Keeps me cautious, I guess.

Bought a T-shirt as a gift along with some other stuff off ThinkGeek's winter clearance sale last night, accidentally picked the wrong size. Changed the cart to the right size, didn't "update" it, didn't notice til after I ordered. -- Can't cancel the order because I used Paypal. Can't call ThinkGeek customer support because their office is closed for the holiday. Emailed support immediately after the mistake, but order already went to processing anyway and I've heard nothing back. I'm basically going to get stuck with a too small shirt with overpriced shipping and they don't do exchanges, so I'd have to pay to ship it back and pay to ship a new one. And since I used Paypal, ThinkGeek probably can't/won't even refund me if I do return it - it'll probably be a gift certificate. Oh well.

I've passed on it multiple times before, so someone do me a favor and either persuade or dissuade me from buying all of the Doom games (aside from BFG).

[quote name='Tsel']I've passed on it multiple times before, so someone do me a favor and either persuade or dissuade me from buying all of the Doom games (aside from BFG).[/QUOTE]

Doom 1 and 2 are classics and everyone should own them, and the collection of just those two is only 3.74.

[quote name='Tsel']I've passed on it multiple times before, so someone do me a favor and either persuade or dissuade me from buying all of the Doom games (aside from BFG).[/QUOTE]

Well since you are looking for Doom games, I suggest Doom Rails. :lol:

[quote name='Idiotekque']Every time I see Doom BFG I think Doom Big fucking Deal.[/QUOTE]
Big fucking Genitals
tumblr_lz4rvujBDd1qzz150o1_500.gif

[quote name='MulderYuffie']H344y-n3wy3-4rppl5[/QUOTE]
thanks for Dishonored...........
Happy New Year
I'll never again feel the high of my first Steam Holiday sale.

[quote name='MysterD']Thanks for Bethesda New Year's Bundle! :D[/QUOTE]

We're sorry, we're out of keys for the Bethesda New Year's Bundle wait two weeks never to get the rest of your keys.

Have a Happy New Year.

[quote name='SeymourGams']I just got yelled at by a crackhead, HAPPY NEW YEAR![/QUOTE]

Calling that Steam employee a crackhead wasn't too nice mister. Feliz Nuevo Years

[quote name='Motoki']We're sorry, we're out of keys for the Bethesda New Year's Bundle wait two weeks never to get the rest of your keys.

Have a Happy New Year.[/QUOTE]

When did you start working at Gamersgate? :p

[quote name='Genocidal']Doom 1 and 2 are classics and everyone should own them, and the collection of just those two is only 3.74.[/QUOTE]

I'd be all over the Doom classic pack if I could get it for that price, but as an Australian I'm expected to pay $4.99 for it. :speaktothehand: Nope, no money for you!

I'm still debating whether I can be bothered trying to trade for it with someone from the US or UK, but I don't want to end up with a dodgy Russian copy where I'd be worried it would get revoked for the next 12 months.

The Doom 3 pack is the same price here as the US, but I don't want to buy that either if I can't get the classic pack.

[quote name='Genocidal']Hm. Not showing up for me, I assume it should be obvious?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it should look like this:

JwfhL.png

Check to make sure the extension is listed as version 0.2 in Chrome

[quote name='u.v.bunny']I'd be all over the Doom classic pack if I could get it for that price, but as an Australian I'm expected to pay $4.99 for it. :speaktothehand: Nope, no money for you!

I'm still debating whether I can be bothered trying to trade for it with someone from the US or UK, but I don't want to end up with a dodgy Russian copy where I'd be worried it would get revoked for the next 12 months.

The Doom 3 pack is the same price here as the US, but I don't want to buy that either if I can't get the classic pack.[/QUOTE]

If you've got Paypal or Amazon GCs I'm sure there's plenty of people (myself included) who would help you with regional pricing.

Edit: [quote name='jshackles']Yeah, it should look like this:

Check to make sure the extension is listed as version 0.2 in Chrome[/QUOTE]
No dice, this is all I'm getting with 0.2:
iyQMb.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back