The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='utopianmachine']What is the difference between Borderlands 2 and the Season Pass?[/QUOTE]

Season pass is the DLC. 4 content packs for it. They'll be 9.99 a piece, so you save 10 bucks if you buy the pass.

[quote name='Idiotekque']Thanks! Were there three different codes tonight? I found two on this thread, but the IGN code site is only showing one...[/QUOTE]

Yes, there were three last night. No idea if they are still active. And here they are...

BL2 Golden Key Codes:
K353J-Z5JC5-KXJBB-TBTJB-95BWZ
53W3T-WF3KK-5FBT3-33TTB-CF5K3
CBCJJ-3RJ55-5XT3J-3T3T3-TRCTK

[quote name='hal']Yes, there were three last night. No idea if they are still active. And here they are...

BL2 Golden Key Codes:
CBCJJ-3RJ55-5XT3J-3T3T3-TRCTK[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the last 2. Didn't see them and just activated them.

[quote name='jshackles']Good to hear it's working! Yeah, Steam calculates the value of anything not purchased on Steam as "Free" (aka +0) so it doesn't get added. Also, it will tally total purchases, so this will include items purchased for someone else as a gift.

I wonder if Motoki will be brave enough to look...[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I fell asleep just before midnight. I always do that on NYE. :p

Total Spent: $2297.79

Yikes. I'm actually hoping it does include other stores, because if it doesn't...

[quote name='dfg']Lies! But, Happy New Year!

Nice script j-shak. Wish I could use it in the client, but I will definitely get some use out of it. To be more depressing folks, don't forget that that total doesn't reflect purchases outside of Steam itself (bundles, Amazon, GMG). Does it include gifts purchased?[/QUOTE]

I think it includes gifts. I've gifted a lot so that # probably reflects that too. I hope.

Yes it does included amounts gifted.

[quote name='dfg']I've passed on plenty of other $2.50 indie titles, waiting for bundling, so I'ma gonna do the same with Hotline. Nothing else in the Amazon EC list jumping out at me, pricewise.[/QUOTE]

Personally, I think the EC thing is rather lame. I noticed a number of the games like Dark Souls and some of the EA stuff they raised the sale price so that even now with the discount added it's either back down to a previous sale price or only just a hair lower.

The Sims pack for $45 is not a bad deal but most of the rest are meh and really need a price match elsewhere to get decent deals.

Let's hope Steam puts EC stuff on sale the next few days, or else that Gamefly or Gamestop does this month.

If not, I have a whole mess of $5 credits that won't get used.

[quote name='UW_Shocks']^^^^
Can't blame Amazon. People game the system, report their scheme in the Amazon thread, Tony reads it, then pushes the "STOP" button.
But I'm guessing they either ran of out keys, or the bundles got pulled until 1/2 [when they were scheduled to go live].[/QUOTE]

This.

People have been in there going 'Oh I wonder if Hotline Miami will end up free with the credit. It's already selling well so I don't see why they would. But if they do a price match' etc etc in front of the god damned Amazon rep.

I'm like HELLO PEOPLE!?! STFU if you want a deal and just let them price match stuff without going out of your way to point it out so they might think twice about it. *shakes head*

[quote name='xanchui']yay Ridge Racer Unbounded... finally[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Detruire']Fina... oh... only 66% off? :cry:

I am conflicted.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='lidl']RR:U was cheaper when it was on sale on GMG a few weeks ago. Didn't buy it back then because I hoped for an ever bigger price drop (like $7.5).[/QUOTE]

[quote name='sunghost']I'd like to race against some giant crabs.. but only at 75% off :cry:[/QUOTE]

Eh, it's Namco Bandai and I don't know that we are going to get it much cheaper than this on Steam.

Also that recent GMG sale on it was UK only. Or at least it was blocked from the US. I checked. Not sure about Aus/NZ though.

*Edit: Found the reference

http://blog.greenmangaming.com/2012/12/30-voucher-on-digital-games.html
Thursday, 20 December 2012
30% voucher on digital games!

Celebrate the Holiday Season with a 30% Discount on Digital Games!

We love sales at GMG, but we also love choice, so over the Christmas period we’ll be offering a site-wide voucher on over 900 titles, grab it from the Hot Deals page, or copy it from right here:

GMG30-DPLIM-DN831

And, as usual, our 30% Voucher works even on titles with other price drops - for example, today’s Ridge Racer at 66% (EU Only)...

They do have an NA version of it but their retail for that is $50 right now vs Steam's $30

http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/us/en/pc/games/racing/ridge-racer-unbounded-na/

Anyway, I might get it for myself as a consolation prize for the Hmm, I think I might get the Need For Speed at 75%...GOD DAMN IT, THE CHANGED THE SALE PERCENTAGE sale.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='bshirk']I bet it'll be part of a humble bundle.[/QUOTE]

That's just what I said about Mark of the Ninja when I finally decided not to buy it. And do you know why I feel pretty good about that choice? I said the same thing about Shank 2 when it was on sale last year after I'd just gotten a humble bundle with Shank 1 in it.

Guess what I got in my humble bundle this year...

Shank 2.

I can't wait to play Mark of the Ninja, but I can wait until it's in a humble bundle.

All that to say, I bet you're probably right. Still, $2.50 I won't regret that much. Plus, maybe they'll do me a solid and give me individual steam keys by then for each of the games. Wouldn't that be nice? Wouldn't it?

I don't think Klei has as much leeway with Mark as they did Shank. EA's partner program gives a bit more freedom than Microsoft does. If Microsoft were up for humble bundles we'd have probably seen the likes of Double Fine's Iron Brigade in one by now.

You guys are up too early. My head is throbbing, my blinds are drawn and I'm just now curling up in my chair to see what I missed. People need to drink more.... :)

Doom Rails mistake sale for 74 cents ends in 2 1/2 hours.

This is the cheapest it has ever been and it probably will never go this cheap again since the sale seems to be coinciding with the Doom sales and in all likelihood was a mistake.

It's a fun little game and a bunch of us CAGers already have it and are planning a group play this Friday.

Last chance. 74 cents. LOWEST PRICE EVER. MISTAKE SALE. ;)

[quote name='Motoki']Whoa Sophita. I was just thinking the other day I wonder what ever happened to Sophita. And Baby Jane. But mostly Sophita.
[/QUOTE]

I know right!, Been mostly lurking rather than posting due to time constraints.

[quote name='hal']Yes, there were three last night. No idea if they are still active. And here they are...

BL2 Golden Key Codes:

CBCJJ-3RJ55-5XT3J-3T3T3-TRCTK[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I have no idea why, but I find myself totally addicted to these codes haven't even really played the game for a month but still Pokemon these codes like some kind of weird key hoarder.

[quote name='Sophita']
Thanks, I have no idea why, but I find myself totally addicted to these codes haven't even really played the game for a month but still Pokemon these codes like some kind of weird key hoarder.[/QUOTE]

People here addicted to digital hoarding? No, that never happens. :lol:

[quote name='Neuro5i5']I go to sleep and wake up to.......

.....2 pages missed in this thread?! For shame! lol Guess everyone had a good NYE/NYD.[/QUOTE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF9TjbdJyUE

[quote name='MrBonk']Worse? They are still good deals. Better than MSRP, and better than their normal non sale prices.[/QUOTE]
You want our sister site, "Happy With Any Discount Gamer"

[quote name='walkonshadows']Rage discounted as Flash, but dlc not so much.

Also, Crysis Collection and Towns.[/QUOTE]

Speaking of Rage, there's still lots of it in the Towns forum...

[quote name='Corpekata']Or, for the millionth time, it was put up on flash early and the discount didn't change over right away.[/QUOTE]

Actually in this case the DLC is a very recent release and they aren't discounting it.

[quote name='walkonshadows']Just an FYI for those considering RAGE, Newegg recently had it for $5 ($10 now w/ free shipping). That's where I got it and they shipped the Anarchy Edition with the pre-order DLC to myself and many others. The game code is Steam Redeemable.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832130250[/QUOTE]

It's kind of Russian Roulette whether you get the Anarachy Edition from them or not (I didn't) so it's not 100% guaranteed but it does seem like a fair number of people got it.

[quote name='walkonshadows']Rage discounted as Flash, but dlc not so much.

Also, Crysis Collection and Towns.[/QUOTE]
If the dlc was discounted at all, I'd grab it immediately.

Same exact vote as a previous day, something has the chance to be on sale 4 times.

[quote name='Motoki']Speaking of Rage, there's still lots of it in the Towns forum...

Actually in this case the DLC is a very recent release and they aren't discounting it.[/QUOTE]

Someone edited. They were complaining about the game being only half off, echoing the other 100 posts in this thread where someone is in a hurry to post the discounts and sees them before the flash is fully kicked in.

[quote name='TheGhostrider']Thanks for the last 2. Didn't see them and just activated them.[/QUOTE]

Let me add one more BL2 Golden Key Code then:
5TWTT-3SJWC-5RB33-T3T3B-FZ5HK

Yes, that's 4 in the last 24 hours!

[quote name='Motoki']It's kind of Russian Roulette whether you get the Anarachy Edition from them or not (I didn't) so it's not 100% guaranteed but it does seem like a fair number of people got it.[/QUOTE]

What was odd for me is that I received what looked like the standard game (from the case's appearance). However, the key activated all of the Anarchy edition bonuses. Plus, there was an insert with an additional key for the sewers missions (which I now have as an extra). Quite the surprise for me, indeed.

[quote name='Neuro5i5']What was odd for me is that I received what looked like the standard game (from the case's appearance). However, the key activated all of the Anarchy edition bonuses. Plus, there was an insert with an additional key for the sewers missions (which I now have as an extra). Quite the surprise for me, indeed.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that was one of the outcomes. The other (which happened to me) is that it just activates as the regular Rage with no DLC, but I did still get the sewers insert, which I did activate.

I'm missing the "Authority Pack" DLC which is the anarchy stuff, a gun, car, outfit etc I believe.

Someone (Bridget Fisher I think?) contacted Newegg and the official response was that they received the packages all sealed from Bethesda and have no way of no knowing which ones activate with the extra DLC and which ones don't since the packages aren't marked with it being the Anarachy Edition, they're all just standard Rage boxes.

Probably Bethesda had some leftover Anarachy edition keys and boxed those up and then when they ran out just used regular ones.

[quote name='Motoki']Doom Rails mistake sale for 74 cents ends in 2 1/2 hours.

This is the cheapest it has ever been and it probably will never go this cheap again since the sale seems to be coinciding with the Doom sales and in all likelihood was a mistake.

It's a fun little game and a bunch of us CAGers already have it and are planning a group play this Friday.

Last chance. 74 cents. LOWEST PRICE EVER. MISTAKE SALE. ;)[/QUOTE]

Game on!

[quote name='iSerra']Remedy Entertainment, the developer for Alan Wake Franchise is indeed a great company that cares about its consumers. They extended the 90% off coupon for Death Rally to Jan 31st 2013 because it cannot be used during this winter sale. Good job Remedy. :applause:[/QUOTE]

Nice.

I emailed a complaint about the coupon a few days into the winter sale. I didn't get a reply, but it seems they listened to complaints.

[quote name='Motoki']Yeah that was one of the outcomes. The other (which happened to me) is that it just activates as the regular Rage with no DLC, but I did still get the sewers insert, which I did activate.

I'm missing the "Authority Pack" DLC which is the anarchy stuff, a gun, car, outfit etc I believe.

Someone (Bridget Fisher I think?) contacted Newegg and the official response was that they received the packages all sealed from Bethesda and have no way of no knowing which ones activate with the extra DLC and which ones don't since the packages aren't marked with it being the Anarachy Edition, they're all just standard Rage boxes.

Probably Bethesda had some leftover Anarachy edition keys and boxed those up and then when they ran out just used regular ones.[/QUOTE]

My copy did come labeled as Anarchy Edition on the spine and front cover, there was a double sided insert with a code for Sewers on one side, then Anarchy Edition Pack Code on the other. The base game code (label on dvd side of case) activated the game and anarchy extras in Steam. I gave the Anarchy Edition Code/Sewers Codes to asheskitty so she could upgrade her base game.

[quote name='Motoki']Yeah that was one of the outcomes. The other (which happened to me) is that it just activates as the regular Rage with no DLC, but I did still get the sewers insert, which I did activate.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I ordered around Black Friday and got an Anarchy Edition case. So there is also that outcome. I suppose I should open it and see if I have anything extra in there.

[quote name='jshackles']You guys are terrible - why did I just buy Doom Rails?[/QUOTE]

Cause it was cheap.
Has anyone even played it any?

And a little useless, but if anyone wants any of the vote discounts just post cause I feel like I'm wasting my vote by note voting.

[quote name='Therapy']Quick! Age of Empires 3 pack! Yes or no?[/QUOTE]

If you missed the .10 deal at GFW a year or two ago, then yes. It's a good series. There's lots of content for $10. Having said that, it was the exact same price a year ago on Steam.

I want Crysis. The SecuRom bit is annoying, but for five bucks, that's a dollar an activation. I used to pay more to rent games from Blockbuster.

Edit: This is totally me trying to talk myself into it.

I've played an hour or so of The Secret World so far.

The combat is a bit clunky, admittedly (there's no default auto-attack button) but the setting is really, really cool. It's a nice change to play something that isn't fantasy or sci-fi. Being all real-worldy gives it something a little different.

[quote name='hal']If you missed the .10 deal at GFW a year or two ago, then yes. It's a good series. There's lots of content for $10. Having said that, it was the exact same price a year ago on Steam.[/QUOTE]

Hmm yea I have been eyeing it for a while (never knew about thay deal :( ) but the price hasn't dropped since last time which bothers me. Think I'll wait untill the next sale after all :whistle2:#

Think of the backlog... show some restraint... I can do it!

Same goes for the Alan Wake franchise btw. Everyone's super enthousiastic about it. But it also hasn't dropped since last sale. Maybe I'm tóó cheapass?

[quote name='jshackles']This might be old news but did anyone else notice that there are no more James Bond games on Steam?[/QUOTE]

Yes. It makes me glad I grabbed Quantum of Solace in a previous sale.

You know, I might have purchased Age of Empires III on GFW during that sale, but I for the life of me, can't find how to see what games I have on GFW.

Anyone? :dunce:

[quote name='jshackles']You guys are terrible - why did I just buy Doom Rails?[/QUOTE]

Peer pressure. And monkeys and clowns in carts. But mostly peer pressure.

BTW 15 MINUTES LEFT FOR DOOM RAILS AT 74 CENTS LOWEST PRICE EVER!. :lol:

[quote name='Flowette']I've played an hour or so of The Secret World so far.

The combat is a bit clunky, admittedly (there's no default auto-attack button) but the setting is really, really cool. It's a nice change to play something that isn't fantasy or sci-fi. Being all real-worldy gives it something a little different.[/QUOTE]

I think the setting is one of the biggest things that appeals to me. It's very unique.

Anyway, I'm liking it so far and happily having my character wear his Steam T-Shirt and hoodie. :p

@walkonshadows ^_^ ty

[quote name='Motoki']Doom Rails mistake sale for 74 cents ends in 2 1/2 hours.

Last chance. 74 cents. LOWEST PRICE EVER. MISTAKE SALE. ;)[/QUOTE]

Whadayathinkthisis? The GG thread? ^_~

[quote name='Chalk']Cause it was cheap.
Has anyone even played it any?
And a little useless, but if anyone wants any of the vote discounts just post cause I feel like I'm wasting my vote by note voting.
[/QUOTE]

Yes. I think it plays better with KB/M than controller (camera is too twitchy on controller). It's surprisingly hard.

[quote name='Motoki']Peer pressure. And monkeys and clowns in carts. But mostly peer pressure.

BTW 15 MINUTES LEFT FOR DOOM RAILS AT 74 CENTS LOWEST PRICE EVER!. :lol:
[/QUOTE]

Holy crap! People, BUY THIS GAME! This is the #1 deal of the winter sale. Hurry up!

All this TSW talk is really tempting me.

Is it one of those games that tons of time needs to be dedicated to it to get something out of it?

Or can you play for several hours a week and get something out of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back