The Steam Deal Thread V6. We're all pumped for CAG 3.0!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eastx

CAGiversary!
Feedback
92 (100%)
Welcome to the Steam Deal Thread V6! You can find link to past threads at the bottom of this post. Read post #2 of this thread for Steam FAQs and more.

With the V6 Thread, we're trying a slight formatting change. We used to list every possible Steam deal in the OP, but they change too frequently for anyone to keep up with (even in the Wiki format). So now, we'll leave regular minor sales out of the OP. This post will keep track of major sales (Winter sale, etc.), Steam deals available through other sellers (like Amazon), Preorder deals, and Group Buys.

I would still greatly appreciate help from you folks at home in keeping this smaller-scale OP up-to-date. This is a Wiki post so anyone can contribute. Wiki instructions:
Thanks for your help! If you notice a sale has ended, feel free to delete its line from the sale list. Of course, if you see something does need to be added, then kindly add it to the list.

Make sure your changes match the thread's format! For example, every game that's on sale is part of an unordered list. When adding a game to the list, copy an existing line and update the link, title, and prices. That way, the format stays correct. Do not list percentages off! We list the original price and the sale price here. If you have any suggestions for major changes to the post/thread, PM me (EastX) about them.

Steam Sales - Updated 1/22

CAG Threads Featuring Steam Games on Sale Elsewhere - Updated 1/9

Preorder Deals - Updated 1/10
Group Buy Deals - Updated 1/9/13

Free Stuff - List needs updating with F2P games!
There are several free games and mods on Steam. These are a few choice ones; you can find a full list here. Note that free games are not permanently attached to your Steam account like actual purchases would be. You'll need to manually download a game again from the website if you uninstall it.

Steam around CAG

If you are interested in joining the Steam CAG Community or participating in a trade or group buy with fellow Cheap Ass Gamers, please do so in the dedicated threads and not in the deal discussion thread. In the dedicated threads you will find CAGers with the same specialized interest who will be much quicker (and happier) to respond than in the Deals thread.

Past Special Sales

Visit www.steamgamesales.com to check previous sale prices on Steam games. We do keep track of some older sales here though:

Steam Retail Key List

What is a CD key and where can I find it?

Steam's explanation and list of Steam-activatable keys

The CD Key is a serial number with a combination of 13, 18, or 25 letters and numbers - it can be found on a sticker inside your game's case or printed on the game's quick reference card. The CD Key acts as your proof of purchase for the game - Steam Support may ask for it if you need to establish your ownership of an account. It is recommended that you keep your CD Key in a safe place to ensure the security of your account.

Other Keys that can be redeemed on Steam (CAG tested & verified)
11.gif

• The Ball (bought @D2D, tested by voken)
  • Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (gives both FA and original, bought @amazon, tested by vism)

Indie Bundles thread on Steam forums (link)

Past CAG Steam Deal Threads

Last edited by a moderator:
So I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but A Valley Without Wind is on sale for $5.99 (60% off) until the end of the sale and anyone who buys it (or previously bought it) gets A Valley Without Wind 2 beta access now and the full game when it is released next month.

The new game has an overhead city management aspect and it's reminding me more of Act Raiser, but I haven't had a chance to try it yet even though I own the first game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYmrJQmlQTo

[quote name='fignutz32']Star Wars Battlefront 2

What Sleeping Dogs DLC do you recommend?[/QUOTE]

The free ones. I didn't like Nightmare at all. Random story about a ghoulish invasion, doesn't add to the campaign of the main game, takes 1-2 hours to complete, and the achievements are a grindfest for another couple of hours.

Edit: Someone was selling a Steam code in the trade forums. PMed him asking about its availability, he says he has it. PayPal him the money, and he says it's gone. Left a bad taste in my mouth and I'm still mildly upset about it.

[quote name='fignutz32']Star Wars Battlefront 2

What Sleeping Dogs DLC do you recommend?[/QUOTE]

High rez texture pack if you have the VRAM. My 896MB GTX 260 handled it fine.

[quote name='carl7117']by the way do people still play the left 4 dead games? no fun in playing by myself. and is there matchmaking or is it friends only?[/QUOTE]

If you want to save a few bucks only buy 2. Most of the maps from 1 were added in. Also if you buy a 4 pack ill buy the other three copies from you.

[quote name='Motoki']
Eryi's is like:

Oh you're going to jump there? Whoops we forgot to tell you hidden spikes pop up from the ground there. LOL.[/QUOTE]

I guess it doesn't bother me with Eryi's because that game is so up front about what it's trying to be. Basically I Want To Be The Guy but prettier and with frequent checkpointing.

[quote name='elessar123']The free ones. I didn't like Nightmare at all. Random story about a ghoulish invasion, doesn't add to the campaign of the main game, takes 1-2 hours to complete, and the achievements are a grindfest for another couple of hours.[/QUOTE]

I'm waiting on the "martial arts tournament" one to go on sale. It looks like fun, having a starring role in Enter the Dragon.

[quote name='Eldredpe']I guess it doesn't bother me with Eryi's because that game is so up front about what it's trying to be. Basically I Want To Be The Guy but prettier and with frequent checkpointing.[/QUOTE]

I went to check out Eryi's Action to see if I should give it a fair shake. There's an invisible block in the trailer for the game.

At least I Want To Be The Guy showed you most of the things that would kill you, and the few times it hit you with "WTF?" deaths, they were mostly comical. Example: Moon killing you is funny. Dying because of an invisible block strategically placed where you're most likely to jump, not funny. Well, at least not if I'm the one playing it. I'm not this dude.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=in6RZzdGki8

Sounds like Steam is going to do an "Encore" of their sale starting tomorrow and ending Monday, hopefully Gary's Mod is on sale again since I missed it the 20 times it was on sale before.

[quote name='Lord_Zath']Translation - they missed their sales projections.[/QUOTE]

Eh, the last several seasonal sales have had the last day be a recap of the things that sold the best. This is just extending it a couple extra days.

Although, previously, those days would run during the sale. Not necessarily a bad idea to have this be the Weekend Deal rather than, say, marking Jade Empire down 75% for it, though it does strike me as odd to do it in a way that discourages people who might be looking at any last minute deals from pulling the trigger when there's still a possibility of them going back on sale over the weekend.

Well, whatever the case, I'm crossing my fingers for The Walking Dead to go back on sale, so it'll get price-matched on Amazon and I can use my $5 off coupon on it. :D

[quote name='KaOTiK']I think I want to get the Strategy First bundle[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat but I'm on the fence. It's like every IndieGala / Groupees / IndieRoyale all thrown into a blender.

[quote name='KaOTiK']I think I want to get the Strategy First bundle[/QUOTE]

At this point, I think I've purchased enough individual games from it to almost foot the cost of the full bundle.

I went through the bundle and the games I do want from it are much more than its cost. Might have to hit up Jake since he is selling it for $20.

Curious about something here -- what is the likelihood of Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 going on a daily or flash sale at this point, considering the extended sale this weekend seems to be just a recap of all previous dailies/flash sales so far?

As far as I know, I haven't seen Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 appear in any of these sales. It's been sitting at 17% off the entire time. Would it be wise to grab it now before the discount expires?

[quote name='somerandomsht']Curious about something here -- what is the likelihood of Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 going on a daily or flash sale at this point, considering the extended sale this weekend seems to be just a recap of all previous dailies/flash sales so far?

As far as I know, I haven't seen Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 appear in any of these sales. It's been sitting at 17% off the entire time. Would it be wise to grab it now before the discount expires?[/QUOTE]

You have better odds of picking up a supermodel at a gas station than BO2 going on daily or flash

[quote name='KaOTiK']0
You have better odds of picking up a supermodel at a gas station than BO2 going on daily or flash[/QUOTE]

LOL thats what I thought. Thanks for the quick reply

[quote name='KaOTiK']0
You have better odds of picking up a supermodel at a gas station than BO2 going on daily or flash[/QUOTE]

It seems like Activision has a rule against putting COD titles on sale before they're two years old. Never saw MW2 on sale until last year, and never saw BLOPS on sale until this year. Of course, it could just be coincidence since two years is usually the timeframe for the sequel to drop.

[quote name='CappytheGamer']How likely is it that Chivalry will be one of the encore sale titles? I missed it the first couple of times it was on sale.[/QUOTE]

I'd say there's a decent chance. It won a community vote, was a daily, and a flash, and seemed to sell rather well during each of them.

[quote name='KaOTiK']I went through the bundle and the games I do want from it are much more than its cost. Might have to hit up Jake since he is selling it for $20.[/QUOTE]

I'm missing 46 games from this massive pack. Even though I have 22 of the games, at $30 for the pack, that's $0.65 per game.

Although that's probably about what these games are worth lol

[quote name='Corpekata']I'd say there's a decent chance. It won a community vote, was a daily, and a flash, and seemed to sell rather well during each of them.[/QUOTE]

Sweet, thanks for the quick reply!

Have the Shank games ever been below $5.00? I want to grab them before the sale is over but want to make sure $5 each is a good price.

[quote name='snoopcogg']Have the Shank games ever been below $5.00? I want to grab them before the sale is over but want to make sure $5 each is a good price.[/QUOTE]

They were both in Humble Bundles.

I dont think they've been very cheap by themselves.

[quote name='snoopcogg']Have the Shank games ever been below $5.00? I want to grab them before the sale is over but want to make sure $5 each is a good price.[/QUOTE]

According to steamsales the Shank games were each $3.39 (66% off) from 12/3 to 12/10.

[quote name='Fatalis Fafnir']I have checked everyday for a sale on Fallout 3: Game of the Year and New Vegas; UE, and nothing. Is all hope lost?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Das_Regal']:( The only thing I wanted was Fallout 3 GOTY.[/QUOTE]

http://www.steamgamesales.com/Zp16s/fallout-3-game-of-the-year-edition
http://www.steamgamesales.com/8gwDM/fallout-new-vegas-ultimate-edition

I got Fallout 3 GOTY from GameStop a few days ago (steam activation) for $9.99. The best it's ever been on Steam is $4.99, so there's a chance we will see it again. It won't be part of the encore since it wasn't a daily deal or flash sale yet. If you don't see it as a flash sale before the current -40% expires, you might want to bite the bullet.

New Vegas UE has gone for $9.99 before, so that's a possibility too, so watch for a possible last minute flash sale. I would say pass on this at -33%, because if you are already getting Fallout 3, you probably won't finish it before New Vegas goes on sale again.

Honestly, I doubt either of these will get a flash sale, seems like Bethesda wants to be stingy with the current -40% and -33% offers, instead of the standard -50% everyone else is doing.

[quote name='deftrance']Hell Yeah for 3.74.[/QUOTE]

Going back and forth on Hell Yeah. I've heard some good things about it, but it looks like the kind of game that might cause a migraine.

Looks like 8pm pst tonight'll be the last flash sale.

The ones that just went up are due to expire in 19hrs, 51min, so when the dailies switch.

So buy all your extra stuff after 8pm tonight.

R.U.S.E. was showing as £2.49 for me, 75% off. Think they've reduced the RRP too.

They spotted the bloody glitch just as I was checking out. Seems like two glitched deals in one day was too much to ask for :lol:

[quote name='ndgodwin']According to steamsales the Shank games were each $3.39 (66% off) from 12/3 to 12/10.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info. I'll wait a little longer to see if they might show up as a final flash sale.

[quote name='Broken Cage']Going back and forth on Hell Yeah. I've heard some good things about it, but it looks like the kind of game that might cause a migraine.[/QUOTE]

I played a few hours of it. It's a decent platformer but it certainly feels like it holds your hand a lot in the beginning, and the "finishing moves" get incredibly repetitive after the first few mini-bosses.

Not bad for less than $4, I think that's what I picked it up for.

[quote name='snoopcogg']Thanks for the info. I'll wait a little longer to see if they might show up as a final flash sale.[/QUOTE]

Looks like you got one more set of three after this one!

Tempted to get Hell Yeah, but I might just wait for it to go on sale on 360.

Also, thanks to those that recommended that Asus monitor. Just set it up and while the out of box color settings were completely out of whack, it looks gorgeous now. Very pleased with my purchase.

EDIT: And just as I say that, I notice my blue links look like purple. Now I'm paranoid and I can't seem to get the colors to where they should be.

[quote name='jshackles']I'm in the same boat but I'm on the fence. It's like every IndieGala / Groupees / IndieRoyale all thrown into a blender.[/QUOTE]

You know Diaper Dash ain't gonna be in no bundle. ;)

Actually, now that I think about it I wouldn't put it past Gala or Groupees. They've had some real, err, winners in their past bundles. :lol:

[quote name='KaOTiK']I went through the bundle and the games I do want from it are much more than its cost. Might have to hit up Jake since he is selling it for $20.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm thinking about it too. Even though like half or more of the games in it show up green for me it might still be worth it. Then again I might still want to buy bundles the rest of those show up in because of other games in those bundles and then those SF ones would be a waste.

Ugh, decisions decisions (about crappy games).

[quote name='jimbach13']Should I get both witcher games? Is there a story tie in with the games?[/QUOTE]

Only in that it's the same main character. The stories don't really tie into each other that much. I like the first game but it's a very different sort of game and a lot of people who like the second Witcher don't like the first one or vice versa.

[quote name='Motoki']

Yeah I'm thinking about it too. Even though like half or more of the games in it show up green for me it might still be worth it. Then again I might still want to buy bundles the rest of those show up in because of other games in those bundles and then those SF ones would be a waste.

Ugh, decisions decisions (about crappy games).[/QUOTE]

Nice! :applause:

But yes, I'm also torn on this. I forsee this pack going away pretty soon, since that seems to be the trend. Usually I'd wait til the Summer Sale for something like this, but by then it could be a "best of" (worst of?) pack, which would suck...

I'll probably be on the fence about it until the very last minute.

I bought that Strategy First bundle from Jake, primarily for all the ______ Dash games. I did have quite a few games, but it was still worth it to me. I also picked up the Pendulo pack from him and now I'm debating on getting the Mumbo Jumbo and maybe even the Popcap packs from him. Oh and that Painkiller pack. Damn you Jake.

I went ahead and bit on Hell Yeah... The animation looks fantastic. Hopefully it's worth the price of admission. Time to leave work for the day! Best of luck to everyone on the new Flash sale to last night.

Good to hear that havent played the second. Played the first 1hr of the first one and hated it.

Only in that it's the same main character. The stories don't really tie into each other that much. I like the first game but it's a very different sort of game and a lot of people who like the second Witcher don't like the first one or vice versa.[/QUOTE]

Oh and FWIW Emerald City Confidential is in that Strat 1st pack and it's actually quite a good adventure game.

It's made by Wadjet Eye who did the Blackwell games, Gemini Rue, Resonance, Primordia etc.

It hasn't been in a bundle yet and by itself it usually hasn't gone super duper cheap, 60% off $9.99 has been the cheapest exception of one time it went 75% off in 2010.

[quote name='Tsel']I bought that Strategy First bundle from Jake, primarily for all the ______ Dash games. I did have quite a few games, but it was still worth it to me. I also picked up the Pendulo pack from him and now I'm debating on getting the Mumbo Jumbo and maybe even the Popcap packs from him. Oh and that Painkiller pack. Damn you Jake.[/QUOTE]
who is selling all these packs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back